• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Tokyo Game Show story trailer (+pre-order Mystic Artes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

They're like 2.15 or 2.30 IIRC.

The song is kind of interesting. It doesn't "feel" like a Tales song but it's nice to change things every once in a while.

Xillia 2 song was good. Better than Xillia original IMO. I liked Vesperia but it was a bit cheesy. Graces was too cheesy. Abyss was OK. But Xillia 2 song was remixed into this awesome boss battle theme. I like it much more than the song with vocals.

If it's for you Song 4 U was epic.

Really hope Go Shiina has a large involvement, like at least 60/40.

Well if there's one thing, it's that 2ch's reactions to the opening song are just as divisive as the reactions in this thread. Count me in the supportive camp.

There's an LQ version of the game OP floating around from a Nico stream playthrough (probably might get taken down soon though)

Edit: Sorry made a mistake, I assume the video stream was a single playthrough, but it seems the guy only just backed out into the title menu. The opening should come much earlier then.

Bladenic

Well if there's one thing, it's that 2ch's reactions to the opening song are just as divisive as the reactions in this thread. Count me in the supportive camp.

There's an LQ version of the game OP floating around from a Nico stream playthrough (probably might get taken down soon though) and can you believe it,
the opening comes in at the 12th hour mark. This is Graces all over again.

So maybe
Alisha doesn't last long after that

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
People still pay attention to Famitsu in these parts after all these years of showing incompetency and even reading just one single review? lol.

But Xillia 2 song was remixed into this awesome boss battle theme. I like it much more than the song with vocals.
I think I'd noted in my OST review/my SotY post for that album that I didn't like the samples used for that piece at all.

But people say I'm super-picky about samples, so... *shrug* Sample use in the Tales games are generally all over the place to me.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Famitsu complained about camera problems when too close to the "wall" and they are right.

Nope. Unless the translation from Abby is wrong, it says "Though the battles are exciting, the "close-to-the-wall" view of the camera makes characters sometimes block the enemies while in battle, making them hard to see. " so.... the point still stands.

3Kaze

Nope. Unless the translation from Abby is wrong, it says "Though the battles are exciting, the "close-to-the-wall" view of the camera makes characters sometimes block the enemies while in battle, making them hard to see. " so.... the point still stands.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, that's exactly what I said? The part of the video I linked shows Sorey close the wall, then the view switches, making the ennemy hard to see. It will definitely bother me.

So maybe
Alisha doesn't last long after that

Sorry, made a mistake there, I didn't see the guy back out of the game into title menu, so the opening should probably come wayyy earlier (I hope.)

If you've seen the twitch video Kayos90 posted, that's the nico stream I was talking about. Spoiler is that
Alicia leaves the party around the 10 hour mark, and Rose seems to join up soon after.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Unless I'm misunderstanding something, that's exactly what I said? The part of the video I linked shows Sorey close the wall, then the view switches, making the ennemy hard to see. It will definitely bother me.

The translation phrasing is "close-to-the-wall" view of the camera. Why not say the camera gets weird when it's close to the wall. It makes more sense that translation's saying the perspective is like when you're close to the wall when controlling the character.

3Kaze

The translation phrasing is "close-to-the-wall" view of the camera. Why not say the camera gets weird when it's close to the wall. It makes more sense that translation's saying the perspective is like when you're close to the wall when controlling the character.

Sorry, I'm not fluent in english and I don't get it :p
But the sentence on tokrin doesn't say anything about the camera.

壁際などの戦闘でキャラや敵が見にくくなる事がある
"Sometimes, in battle, the characters and ennemies may be hard to see when close to the wall"

Which I think is a fair point looking at the video.

th4tguy

I'm still really looking forward to this game. It looks like it is coming together nicely.
That battle camera though.... wow, that's bad.

Soriku

Sorry, I'm not fluent in english and I don't get it :p
But the sentence on tokrin doesn't say anything about the camera.

壁際などの戦闘でキャラや敵が見にくくなる事がある
"Sometimes, in battle, the characters and ennemies may be hard to see when close to the wall"

Which I think is a fair point looking at the video.

I'm still really looking forward to this game. It looks like it is coming together nicely.
That battle camera though.... wow, that's bad.

If this is anything like the other Tales games you'll be able to zoom out.

The really close zoom is kind of amusing though.

3Kaze

Opening was......underwhelming...

Yep. First half is a slideshow, and action cuts aren't bad in the second half but they don't sync with the song at all.
I blame both the song and ufotable. Now that they phoned it in like IG did with Graces, I want Wit Studio to animate the mothership games! :p

raven777

Yep. First half is a slideshow, and action cuts aren't bad in the second half but they don't sync with the song at all.
I blame both the song and ufotable. Now that they phoned it in like IG did with Graces, I want Wit Studio to animate the mothership games! :p

it wasn't THAT bad....but I agree it feels like ufotable phoned it. Both Xillia 1 and 2 Opening were masterclass....

kewlmyc

Watched the OP animation. I really liking the music now that I see the animation to go along with it.

What the hell, Alisha's barely in it compared to everyone else. I wonder what's up with her character.

If y'all are gonna be throwing out the "Slay" in the OT we're gonna box.

Only one person doing it :p

Watched the OP animation. I really liking the music now that I see the animation to go along with it.

What the hell, Alisha's barely in it compared to everyone else. I wonder what's up with her character.

She will become an antagonist. Bets on her doing the kamui thing with the purple girl or Zaveid maybe.

Even if he wasn't a likeable character, people would be pissed if they were forced to learn a new moveset mid game lol. I'm sure there is a lot of people out there that only play with the main character.

Can't imagine they'll do that because they'll basically making many fans hate them.

/cue disc snapping

True, some people would rage. But I think the ensuing chaos would be worth it to see.

I threw out her being a traitor on a lark. If it's actually true, I'm gonna laugh so hard.

I think there's a decent chance of it happening. Maybe not so much a traitor but just having goals that are at odds with the main party.

Based on the media they've released so far Rose looks like more of a second main character than Alisha.

demidar

I think there's a decent chance of it happening. Maybe not so much a traitor but just having goals that are at odds with the main party.

Based on the media they've released so far Rose looks like more of a second main character than Alisha.

So kinda like Gaius/Duke then? Yeah that could happen, and then maybe she rejoins when a bigger bad comes along.

TaiKH92

Banned

1mjemOK.png

Priceless

Falk

that puzzling face
Game is looking pretty good!

edit: Specifically right now, I had my reservations about the whole 'battles take place on the map' thingoo but so far it's working out pretty great by introducing terrain shake-ups without being too intrusive.

edit2: Now I'm really torn between watching this vs letting Legend of Legacy stream audio play.

I really should be working instead of either though lol

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, I actually have to not-decide-between-the-two because work :(

Oh well.

Maybe I should get a job that doesn't involve ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom