• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Tokyo Game Show story trailer (+pre-order Mystic Artes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalchAC

If it's for you Song 4 U was epic.

Really hope Go Shiina has a large involvement, like at least 60/40.

It was made by Go Shiina? I'm his supporter now then. Where I have to sign? I would take more stuff like that, Tales isn't memorable when it comes to music IMO.

I think I'd noted in my OST review/my SotY post for that album that I didn't like the samples used for that piece at all.

But people say I'm super-picky about samples, so... *shrug* Sample use in the Tales games are generally all over the place to me.

Are you talking about the samples that came in the day-one edition or you looked for them on the Internet?

it wasn't THAT bad....but I agree it feels like ufotable phoned it. Both Xillia 1 and 2 Opening were masterclass....

IMO Xillia 2 > Xillia when talking about openings. They were really well animated. And the one in Tales of Xillia 2 had an amazing choreography in the fighting scenes.

Even the proper game has a bunch of in-engine cutscenes where the battle choreography is really, really good. Like the one in the train when Ludget fights with their bare hands against an Exodus terrorist.

there is OP in youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpFIwHOD5qI

I feel that the music is good, but it doesn't really match with the animation.

I like it, but as you've said, a good part of the song doesn't match with the animation. They could have done better with the battle scenes. Poor Alisha appears quite a bit, but I wouldn't be sure he is a playable party member. Flynn had more screen time than some party members in Vesperia 360 opening and he wasn't playable.

The part where Rose punches Sorey in the face was quite funny. Lol at his face.

Dice//

Banned
there is OP in youtube

I thought the exact same.

It does a few pans too at the start and end of the same visual.... Was there nothing else they could have done? Ah well, the animation quality itself is still top-notch (way to go UFOTable), but for such a hard-hitting tune they should have gone for something more exciting on a visual level (Tales of Innocence's 'Follow the Nightingale' did a good job here, IMO).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Are you talking about the samples that came in the day-one edition or you looked for them on the Internet?
Sound samples.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45990031&postcount=446

I thought the samples and mixing were pretty terrible!

Wait, fuck. I was supposed to complain less. It's happening again.
vVRO3KD.gif

raven777

As for Alisha in the OP...

she gets 1 scene where she turns around looking like "why are they treating me like this?"

and one scene where everyone is together, and she is pushed to the very side..

B7292J0IYAAVe3z.jpg

Seriously....this is not the way to treat you main heroine, Tales team..

demidar

Yeah. Although I'm not sure I want to know since the NA version is still months away (don't think there's a solid release date for it yet).

Yeah neither do I. I'm contemplating just not setting foot in the import OT (if there is gonna be one).

As for Alisha in the OP...

she gets 1 scene where she turns around looking like "why are they treating me like this?"

and one scene where everyone is together, and she is pushed to the very side..

B7292J0IYAAVe3z.jpg

Seriously....this is not the way to treat you main heroine, Tales team..

They should've started with her character design, those bloomers ruins her entire design. I can't get over that. It must be a Scamco ploy to get me to buy costume DLC, the bastards.

RalchAC

Sound samples.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45990031&postcount=446

I thought the samples and mixing were pretty terrible!

Wait, fuck. I was supposed to complain less. It's happening again.
vVRO3KD.gif

I'll give a look to the post later! There sure are some nice songs in the Xillia duology, even if the soundtrack isn't as good overall as other games.

I always liked the Elympios theme, it seems you like it too. It fits the Industrial Era mood quite well.

Yeah neither do I. I'm contemplating just not setting foot in the import OT (if there is gonna be one).

They should've started with her character design, those bloomers ruins her entire design. I can't get over that. It must be a Scamco ploy to get me to buy costume DLC, the bastards.

I get how you feeling. The worst is that this time it seem we won't get pre-order DLCs, so we may have to drop our hard earned money :p

Does this game gives you stuff for having played Vesperia, Graces and both Xillias?

Sandfox

The opening is giving me the itch but I don't want to import. I may just buy Hearts R and Symphonia to get me through the wait lol.

ranmafan

The opening animation is really nice but, and this is a silly thing to complain about, I really really really don't like superfly at all. I guess be skipping that opening a lot I'm sure.

Pretty excited, just got my shipping notice for my famitsu DX pack. Hopefully will be waiting for me tomorrow when I get back from work.

FSLink

Banned
I really like the OP this time around, though it does a lot of pan shots in it like you guys mentioned.
One of the better OPs in the series for sure, mostly thanks to ufotable.

Also one of the Youtube comments:
"I was lead to believe that Alisha was the Heroine, but clearly it's Mikleo."

:lol

If y'all are gonna be throwing out the "Slay" in the OT we're gonna box.

tbqh, I kinda prefer Slay only because the alternative "SOREY" is just so dumb. Slay is cheesy but it at least reminds me of old RPG names whereas Sorey has no redeeming factor to it.

Mendrox

Wow...any spoilers regarding Alisha? I liked her in the OVA Special, but it seems like she is not the main heroine at all? Or she will die?

Seems strange like... we are seriously getting trolled or there will be a PS4 version where she will be playable all the time like Vesperia...

RalchAC

54BF7E8A37456D0013

Love the Bluray print.

Alisha suffering even here.... :(

Look really cool. But wow. There are two wind Tenzokus. There is zero Alisha's there.

The first wind Tenzoku the party gets is totally dying / betraying the party / both. They've put two there so it doesn't hurt the game mechanics.

Maybe Alisha kills him when she discovers he's the traitor? So she isn't a traitor but it looks like one for a while.

Mendrox

So this and legend of legacy releases today in Japan? Can't wait for spoilerfree impressions on both.

Tales releases tomorrow. So everything from today is "leaked". :) My copy could arrive Friday!! And my Tales of Multiplayer friend gets his copy tomorrow already!! Magic :)

Will post my stream when we are online!

Datschge

Interesting opening. Comparing that to Xillia 1/2 feels like comparing a "Team Destiny" opening to a "Team Symphonia" one, did not expect that at this point at all. =D
However I'm pretty sure they took a really close look at the opening for Destiny 1, has a really similar feel animation (or the relative lack thereof) wise. Back to the roots and all that.

It's not so much a jab at Tamura as it is how Tales was willing to let large portions of the soundtrack essentially be filler even during the PS3 era.
I doubt fillers get any fewer regardless of the composers involved as long as Tales games have that many tracks as they do.

The only 2D Tales I've played is Eternia and I didn't especially liked the battle system, tbh.
That's a shame. Eternia is the first Tales with the modern battle system that every following Tales game since essentially built upon.

Really hope Go Shiina has a large involvement, like at least 60/40.
No chance.

To answer your question Dat, Famitsu is fucking dumb cuz you can zoom out the camera.
Thanks. It wasn't only Famitsu even. Dengeki and a lot of players of preview stations were mentioning the close up view as well, nobody ever bothering to check or mention any camera setting. So I was starting to worry even though leaving that out would have been very odd.

I guess it will be funny to see who of all the streamers will stick with the close up default and who changes it right away. =D

Look really cool. But wow. There are two wind Tenzokus. There is zero Alisha's there.
Eh, Alisha is right there were the disk gap is in the center.

FSLink

Banned
Thanks. It wasn't only Famitsu even. Dengeki and a lot of players of preview stations were mentioning the close up view as well, nobody ever bothering to check or mention any camera setting. So I was starting to worry even though leaving that out would have been very odd.

I guess it will be funny to see who of all the streamers will stick with the close up default and who changes it right away. =D

A lot of people just don't check options in games period. It's usually the first thing I do personally...

(and in localized Tales of games, switching O to attack and X to artes like it should be. ;P)

RalchAC

That's a shame. Eternia is the first Tales with the modern battle system that every following Tales game since essentially built upon.

I felt it was too "chaotic" at times, especially in the later half of the game. Like there was too much stuff going on in the screen at the same time. Since battles were on a 2D plane, I'd have preferred less effects and big spells (Meteorites, Tidal Wave...). Something cleaner and more simple. I don't know if you know what I mean.

FSLink

Banned
I felt it was too "chaotic" at times, especially in the later half of the game. Like there was too much stuff going on in the screen at the same time. Since battles were on a 2D plane, I'd have preferred less effects and big spells (Meteorites, Tidal Wave...). Something cleaner and more simple. I don't know if you know what I mean.

Were you playing on manual? I found it pretty fun to try to dash and run around Ground Dasher, Spread and such in Eternia.

RalchAC

Were you playing on manual? I found it pretty fun to try to dash and run around Ground Dasher, Spread and such in Eternia.

Mmmm. Yes. I always play Tales on Manual.

I'd try it again, but I got the copy from a friend and even if I buy it I don't have a PSP to play it / rip the ISO and play it on PC... :(

I should get a cheap PSP for those purposes (and playing some games I've missed and aren't on PSN...). You can find really cheap stuff at CEX, Amazon and other places...

Rpgmonkey

I actually like the theme song. It's different from the usual Jpop fare they go for, though I can see how that makes it clash with the opening.

I'll be putting up the import thread soon.

Any word on a PSN release, or physical only?

Seems like it's only physical. Usually they list a digital price too if there is a PSN version, but the website only has a retail price.

Datschge

I felt it was too "chaotic" at times
That's such a typical response somebody would have having mostly only played "Team Symphonia" style games before. And so common too. =D
I'd suggest getting used to it, it's totally worth doing so (especially if you eventually end up importing one of those three Japan only PS2 Tales games, which I highly recommend). Still being in control when things get chaotic is actually a really exhilarating feeling, one of the best Tales as a series can offer.

They got some badass looking chars from what I saw. I bet they're a bunch of goody two shoes in the actual game though, like always :S

I like the intro song also O:

artsi

Tales of Games don't release on PSN in Japan. It's physical only in Japan, but they get released on NA/EU PSN all the time.

Yeah thought so, that's too bad. Got to import the physical then aaaand there goes my money, taxes and EMS shipping and all.

there is OP in youtube

I'm really digging that OP (like I mentioned, before, it's a really chill song to listen to) but like you said, they didn't seem to know how to deal with the outro. I find the rest of the song pretty well done (especially the verse and first chorus, I really like the composition of the shots in those parts) except it was like they didn't know what to do with that last 15 seconds.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sorry, I'm not fluent in english and I don't get it :p
But the sentence on tokrin doesn't say anything about the camera.

壁際などの戦闘でキャラや敵が見にくくなる事がある
"Sometimes, in battle, the characters and ennemies may be hard to see when close to the wall"

Which I think is a fair point looking at the video.

Thanks for going back to the original text. I stand corrected.

EDIT: On another note,

The OP is strange. The song is good by itself. The animation is fine by itself. Combined? Feels weird. Ufotable truly does work with their great shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom