• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Tokyo Game Show story trailer (+pre-order Mystic Artes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

insta0063rqkd.gif

this scene is so over the top even for Tales game standard.

Datschge

Haha, I was thinking and preparing making a gif of that exact same scene as well. xD
I wonder if it's a slight spoiler and Sorey
really gets to fusion with 4 Tenzokus at once
at some point?

Mifec

Haha, I was thinking and preparing making a gif of that exact same scene as well. xD
I wonder if it's a slight spoiler and Sorey
really gets to fusion with 4 Tenzokus at once
at some point?

Considering you can only have 2 in the party at once, outside of cutscenes or a special attack I doubt it.

Finalow

that's probably Sorey going into SSJ mode during a random cutscene in order to defeat some evil&scary enemy. (one of the many ass-pulls? : D)
I doubt it'll be used in actual combat.

Datschge

Considering you can only have 2 in the party at once, outside of cutscenes or a special attack I doubt it.
Well yes, obviously that either has to happen in a cutscene or be introduce as a hidden new mechanic late into the game. But I can totally see them doing this akin to the
battle ending Finality Charge Break in Rebirth but only include that in e.g. the final battle for added effect

Mifec

Dats I only played Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia Xillia and about 1h of Xillia 2 so I can only assumed what you mean by the spoilered part :D

that's probably Sorey going into SSJ mode during a random cutscene in order to defeat some evil&scary enemy. (one of the many ass-pulls? : D)
I doubt it'll be used in actual combat.

Pretty sure the guy he is fighting there is the big bad...who am I kidding, last minute plot twist enemy reveal incoming.

RalchAC

I'm not so sure about that.
You know that the Tenzoku going into him and him using their powers is an actual mechanic, right? Seems less power of friendship and more... that.

Yes. I'm not saying it's not justified. But the scene with him struggling, the tenzokus going into him and how their faces are shown when he attacks looked like a power of friendship scene.

I didn't say it as a complain

Datschge

I wasn't sure anymore whether the game version had vocals or whether it was only the anime since it's been a while since I watched/played either.
Every Tales game has a vocal as part of the OP. It's the series' primary selling point. The instrumental versions are done just for Western releases.

Mendrox

Just realized that the most likely twist is that the Tenzoku won't be in that world anymore when Sorey defeats the big baddy. :-(

Alisha is surely a dragon.

At least one person (most likely one of the wind Tenzokus) will die.

Sounds too depressing this time.

You didn't notice? The few that don't usually don't have an OP to begin with.

Edit: Oh the bolded. Try to find some older "development" interviews about Tales, most of them are about the J-Pop acts, animation and seiyus, not really about the games themselves.
Don't usually what?

Edit: Okay. But definitely not the primary selling point.

Mieu

Sorey's Mystic Arte is like Asbel's LVL 1 in Graces F. I feel cheated even if it's not a preorder MA. LOL!!!

So, 2 Humans and 2 Seraphs it is? Based on the YT vid I saw, you can swap between Seraphs and fuse with them anytime but you cant have three seraphs and Sorey... :(

Aeana

Uh, you guys know I'm talking about the group who performs the Tales of Destiny OP, right? And not the animation group.
Please, find the context of the conversation before jumping in.

I have to agree. The tone of the song doesn't really fit with the tone of the animation, and knowing the tone of Tales games in general doesn't help. Song itself is fine, but it does not fit.

Actually I think that's part of the appeal for me.

It's like how Dragon's Dogma's OP is completely out of place for the game, and that's why it's so awesome.

Mendrox

Uh, you guys know I'm talking about the group who performs the Tales of Destiny OP, right? And not the animation group.

Ahh jumped in too early. I thought of DEEN because they did the Symphonia OVAs and the First Strike Movie. The band is cool but I didn't really like the song for ToD

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Oh I get it. I just thought you were going for a joke. Nvm.

Ahh jumped in too early. I thought of DEEN because they did the Symphonia OVAs and the First Strike Movie. The band is cool but I didn't really like the song for ToD

Wait wut. No. Ufotable did the Symphonia OVAs broski.

Datschge

Please refer to Studio DEEN as Studio DEEN from now on, Deen's the band.

Ahh same thing for Symphonia, but DEEN was involved afair.
A lot of animation studios are involved for many animations to help out with all the in-between. Those usually don't get any credits aside from staff rolls. Referring to Studio DEEN as having been doing Tales animations is misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom