• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Tokyo Game Show story trailer (+pre-order Mystic Artes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

It's weird we went from where localization was shaky but they had English versions of the OP to localization already announced but no English version of the OP.

Then again, there's probably only so many artists they could use that don't sound terrible in English. :p

Singers who can sing in both English and Japanese are rare aren't they? I can only think of the lady that did the Vesperia OP and that lady who does the Kingdom Hearts song that everyone knows (Hikari Utada?).

When I remember the English OP for Vesperia the first thing that comes to mind is "Phase to phase". It's a small thing though, the song is nice enough.

raven777

Anything juicy? (like anything that solves why Alisha is in the party at all? :p )

it's not that big spoiler. I think most people expected it.

I don't really want to get spoiled about Alisha. I just want to know if there is a reason they are hiding her. I really hope it's not because she really is a fake heroine who doesn't have much relevance.

RalchAC

Singers who can sing in both English and Japanese are rare aren't they? I can only think of the lady that did the Vesperia OP and that lady who does the Kingdom Hearts song that everyone knows (Hikari Utada?).

When I remember the English OP for Vesperia the first thing that comes to mind is "Phase to phase". It's a small thing though, the song is nice enough.

Who made the super cheesy OP from Graces? The one that says love every 5 seconds

I mean, I'm sure there's a bunch of them, but it just depends if they'll actually sound good in English. :p

Graces OP was also sung in English.

SaintZ

Who made the super cheesy OP from Graces? The one that says love every 5 seconds
BoA? I actually liked White Wishes a lot.

I also liked the Zestiria OP even if there isn't a lot of action going on. And I felt Alisha's part there felt more relevant than the rest of the cast even if she appears less in it... like they are foreshadowing something with her...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You know Im surprised no one did an OT for this game. D: Was expecting someone to have but then checked the list and nothing. Guess we will just have some sort of impression thread instead.

RalchAC

BoA? I actually liked White Wishes a lot.

I also liked the Zestiria OP even if there isn't a lot of action going on. And I felt Alisha's part there felt more relevant than the rest of the cast even if she appears less in it... like they are foreshadowing something with her...

It was good, but too cheesy.

In the OVA it seemed she was important for the Kingdom where the game is placed.

kewlmyc

This is the first Tales game that I'm going to try and not get spoiled on. Guess I'll only be browsing here since every other site I go to is super bad when it comes to being delicate with spoilers.

Dice//

Banned
I really liked that the same singer did an English and a Japanese theme.

Was disappointed when they didn't do it in Xillia

To be fair, you really don't want Ayumi Hamasaki singing in English... BoA just barely scrapped by for Graces but I think her English is either not improving or getting worse (but if I had to pick, I thought the ending instrumental of White Wishes was the best version).

Bonnie Pink was definitely a huge win for the series and english fans, RIng a Bell was catchy as hell and the English was not bad at all.

I think a bunch of western fans would love to see Hikaru Utada up to bat too. :p

it's not that big spoiler. I think most people expected it.

I don't really want to get spoiled about Alisha. I just want to know if there is a reason they are hiding her. I really hope it's not because she really is a fake heroine who doesn't have much relevance.

Yeah I'd like to hope so too. It'd be kinda strange to get so much press and propaganda (hell, even an Alter figurine) unless she had some big role. :S

demidar

It definitely wasn't BoA's best song in English to say the least.

Just gave it a listen. Now I remember why I don't remember it, I repressed it because it was so sickeningly sweet and earnest and always skipped it.

Yeah I'd like to hope so too. It'd be kinda strange to get so much press and propaganda (hell, even an Alter figurine) unless she had some big role. :S

They made a figure of her because they needed to give her some presence after she was torn out of the game. :p

Sakura

Just watched the Zestiria OP... I don't hate the song, but it's not really my kind of music, and I just don't really feel like it fits with the video. It almost feels fanmade in the song selection.

Parakeetman

It's coming. We have stricter time limitations for OTs now.

Did another check saw that Kayos is doing a US / EU one. Was talking about an import one. Since the game comes out here literally today in Japan.

Already know about the restrictions, since you know how many OTs I do.

Guess someone will be doing an import impression thread instead. I have my own stuff to take care of, that and have not been following the series enough to warrant doing an OT on the latest title.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Did another check saw that Kayos is doing a US / EU one. Was talking about an import one. Since the game comes out here literally today in Japan.

Guess someone will be doing an import impression thread instead. I have my own stuff to take care of, that and have not been following the series enough to warrant doing an OT on the latest title.

rpg is doing the import one.

Aeana

Yes. We were literally just discussing it before you posted. Rpgmonkey is going to post the Japanese OT.

Parakeetman

rpg is doing the import one.

Yes. We were literally just discussing it before you posted. Rpgmonkey is going to post the Japanese OT.

Awesome will be looking forward to it! Am glad that someone is doing one, since really wanted a place that had all the data on the title. :)

I don't mention ToD OP because it's the best one by some distance.

Pretty much, fantastic OP.

I still liked Phantasia too but that was a lot more to how mindblowing it was to have a full vocal song on a SNES cart also.

raven777

Awesome will be looking forward to it!

Pretty much, fantastic OP.

I still liked Phantasia too but that was a lot more to how mindblowing it was to have a full vocal song on a SNES cart also.

It's still my personal favorite. It's still THE Tales OP for me. I think Destiny has better quality but Phantasia is the one that remains in my heart.

Rpgmonkey

He just hates us. Unless he's being tsun tsun.

Participate in some discussions too please. I feel like you're being quoted more often with news and translations you wrote elsewhere than you actually post yourself here anymore. =P

Yeah, I miss Rpgmonkey. He seems to prefer GameFAQs. :(

Hey I read GAF a lot, I just enjoy reading through threads more than posting lol.

Anyway I think the thread is about done now so I'll post it.

Dice//

Banned
D: Yeah not feeling this at all. As others have mentioned music does not jive well with the scenes...

Which is a real shame, I feel like they could have had a lot of fun with that song given that boomin' rhythm in it... =/
Instead we get a few different panning shots. Did working on Xillia and Fate tire them out? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom