• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

pariah164

For those interested, the Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit! OT is now up.

TOTP: Um, aside from Danganronpa 1/2, SK, and P4G... buy Project Diva F 2nd and play Miracle Paint for me since I will be unable to for a while.

We can post OTs the night before release date now? Useful information for PDF 2nd next week.

When they changed the policy, one of the mods said that they were giving ~a day of leeway due to timezones, when people are active, etc. I'm not sure what the final word on that is, though.

I've been saying this a while, but the full backup function on Vita is bugged and churns out a corrupt file almost as often as it churns out a usable one.

It's why I backup individual games instead (plus it's faster).

And here am I thinking my HDD's been acting up and destroying my backups. Too late now, I've got no backups of the Crash and Spyro games. Only Gex the Gecko. FML

Takao

Banned
And here am I thinking my HDD's been acting up and destroying my backups. Too late now, I've got no backups of the Crash and Spyro games. Only Gex the Gecko. FML

I know that feel. RIP DBZ Shin Budokai 2, Phantasy Star Portable 2 and the majority of my forbidden collection ...

Have any VITA related black Friday deals leaked yet from any of the stores? Or should we just assume like last year that Amazon would be our best bet for VITA game and hardware deals?

Garraboa

Guys, this is why you backup your forbidden games on 15 USB drives and hide them around the house and neighborhood, just in case SCEA comes raining down on you with the SWAT team.

That's terrible :(. RIP your forbidden games. I have them on 6 USB drives. Just in case.

SerTapTap

Hm, yeah, Vita version of Binding of Isaac Rebirth has almost immediately noticeable performance issues. That's a shame.

If they're going to put it on 3DS they damn well better make sure it runs right on Vita...

Tagforce Special site updated!
image_04.jpg

This image is of a "Normal Duel"

Seems like it's talking about "Normal Duel" and "Tag Duel" according to google translate.

Tapejara

not with that attitude!

there's a very possible chance that it still may happen

Okay, I am being a tad pessimistic :p. Hopefully we do get that physical release so I can finally use those NISA Store gift certificates I've had since September. And because I need something to put on my shelf.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
It's expensive though

actually its not when you consider the parts electronics custom molding for the body etc. 20000 is reasonable i say.

im actually quite interested in this and might give one of my psvtvs more purpose as there is one currently unused.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's extremely ugly but that's exactly what Sony should have done with Vita or Vita/PS tv, PSP had a tv out, i remember people expecting vita to be a console-handheld mix and i liked that idea.
This accessory should have been at PS tv d1 imo.

Are you aware that those "timeless masterpieces" you are blabbering about are in fact works chosen and put on the pedestal by selected few privileged taste makers, art historians and curators?
Impressionist paintings many so admire to this day were disdained by the general public at the time they were created. Van Gogh died in the extreme poverty until someone recognised the value of his work and overnight his paintings started to cost fortune.

This is primary school art history knowledge by the way.

Lol.

Do you realise you are contradicting yourself there a bit? You have been told these are masterpieces. Every book says so. I love how people say Mona Lisa or works by Michaelangelo are masterpieces, but if I would ask you why they are masterpieces you wouldn't even have a single insightful thing to say about it.
"EEE why would it be in Louvre then?"
My point was exactly the opposite. Use your f*cking brain, and decide what's art for yourself. Yes, I am very well aware that art market is currently a big problem today, but this is exactly why you have to make up your own mind. There are people like Damien Hirst who are cynically reaping the benefits of it - do I agree with it? No, but it doesn't suddenly discredit all the other artists.

I don't know who is more naive here - me or you - these artists are real people that have to eat something. You would have to be born to a rich family who don't mind supporting you 100% if you want to do art for the sake of art. Which means you would have to come from a privileged background.

I am actually in art college and tell you what - we could have easily done a structured engineering/science course for a 9-5 job if we wanted to. If I went to art college just for financial success, I would be gone after a week, there are much more effective and cheaper ways of achieving it.

I suppose you formed your opinion from the tv show anyway so why do I bother explaining it all to you? Maybe go to a small local gallery, have a look at the work, have a meaningful conversation with the artist if he's present, instead? Or are you going to make opinions on the topic you don't even seem to have much knowledge about? That poop that you are so dearly hanging on to - yes, its purpose was trolling - it was fucking 50 YEARS AGO, and it was a new concept, a reaction to the art world at the time - the artist clearly put the price tag on it because this in itself was a part of commentary on what art is or might be. Are you really that naive to believe he set out to make money on selling feces? If he earned money, it was probably from people who understood the joke and were willing to pay him for this commentary. Not the shit itself. Jesus christ. How old exactly are you?
If someone bought Duchamp's famous urinal, it's because they bought into the concept - a very extraordinary thing at the time because it basically marked the death of art as a commodity and began the times where it is the intellectual value of work counted. Art has become an intellectual endeavour and if you can't look further into it, past the visuals... your problem. People are afraid of admitting that they don't get it in fear they will look stupid. They prefer to be angry about it instead.

"True Art", "True Gaming" ...what a bunch of bollocks. Go dig out your SNES and go back to your cave so. This is the kind of shit that makes me embarrassed to call myself a Gamer, this is the shit that caused GamerGate. It's imbecilic and flat out offensive to think that something from 30-40-50 years ago is superior just because it is "TEH MASTERPIECE" and whoever questions or challenges them should be burned on the stake.
Masterpieces are frameworks to be learned from and/or build upon, yes, but not something to imitate or try to keep the same all over. Again, technology is a good example.

(You really want to know if the game is good? You play it. You really want to know if piece of art is good? You appreciate it.)

By the way, the games that currently make the most money are Call of Duty and not the "arty", indie games so I'm not sure I understand your point. Unless you thought someone here merits artistry of this title solely on the units sold.

Which is exactly why i won't bother continuing this argument mate.
For some reason i missed this post lol.

You are making lots of assumptions just because you don't like what i say, i'm young, stupid, i form my opinion looking the tv, i never went to a gallery and so on, keep doing it if you want, but usually that's not a good sign for your reasons ;)

I didn't go at art college as most of the people(but i studied art at school) and people not accepting something too ground breaking is the norm(that's why some innovative artist didn't have success), but art college or not sooner or later people understand the greatness of a work of art, and that's not happening with most of the modern art.

You simply have no faith in people, you just think that what is defined art is art and people should accept it as a divine dogma. I know that you want to think of me and depict me as a retrograde that only want figurative art but that's not the truth, people can recognize the value of certain art even without having studied it, because that's real art, real art hits the observer with the beauty and/or the concept and/or the execution and so on, that's what why i say that art needs ability, not just manual ability as you want to depict me but ability to do something that hits the observer somehow and making him think that that piece of art have some sort of value, that's not happening with most of the modern art, you need to explain why something is considered art and most of the time people still thinks that's not art.

Think what you want, but what is "considered" art(By who? Who decided the definition of art? Who decided that the definition is correct?) not necessarily "is" art(same for videogames), art was not born as something for an elite that studied art, art was always for everyone(not money-wise obviously).

Rixa

EU PS Blog has competition: Win ultimate PS prize package.
Awesome prizes, but its for European (+ AU & NZ too) PS folks only.

PS EU Blog said:
The "PlayStation Fully Loaded Competition” competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom
PS EU Blog said:
This week we’re celebrating our players in the best way we know how – with an unbelievable mountain of prizes.
Your eyes don’t deceive you, we are giving away all of the below to one very lucky winner. A grand total of 67 prizes!

I hate those "be as fast as you can competitions" :(.

Top Bottom