• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Justice League’ Rumor: Extensive Reshoots Have Completely ‘Remade’ the Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Reshoots are pretty typical for summer blockbusters, and in a lot of cases (for instance, every Marvel movie) they're built into the production schedule from the start.

But the reshoots on, say, Rogue One and Suicide Squad are way outside the norm. It isn't normal to redo about half your movie in reshoots, as in the case of Rogue One. Or, if this rumor is true, it isn't normal to remake your movie twice in reshoots. That doesn't mean Justice League would be bad, if that were the case; Rogue One turned out pretty well (and, uh, SS less so). But reshoots often being normal doesn't mean ALL reshoots are normal.

Again as I mentioned, it's actually fairly normal to redo half the movie after the fact.

It just doesn't get reported all the time

Kin5290

On one hand, the source is shit and this is probably BS.

On the other hand, people said the same thing RE Suicide Squad and Rogue One and both movies turned out to be garbage.

So... wait and see?

Timu

If it's true, you would think WB would learn after Suicide Squad.

If not true, well, Snyder is directing it so anything can happen.

santi_yo

The guy behind him makes it.

Original pic:

chloe_moretz_out_in_la_02.md.jpg

Lifeline

Can't wait for the Ultimate Edition on Blu-Ray that includes the Zack Snyder cut, the Ben Affleck remake, the WB Advertising agency edition and of course the drunk editor theatrical cut.

Fury451

Banned
Do not let common movie practice get in the way of some people's confirmation bias that the movie is going to suck.

People said the exact same thing about SS.

Common practice doesn't mean the product will be good, and as a consumer of these products the last two, three for counting MOS, I didn't enjoy much if at all. There's nothing about this so far that leads me, as Joe Public to believe this will be different.

It's not really about bias, it's about precedent. The precedent has said that when the studio meddles in this film universe, the product turns out kind of shit.

Maybe WW will break the chain.

mas8705

While reshoots aren't anything new, the rate that it seems to occur with the DCU films is concerning for some. Hell knows that the films haven't really given much confidence to that many people as of yet, and with Justice League using the same Director as before, alot of people are more cautious rather than hyped (or at least I'll say that I'll be cautious. Hell knows that
before we get to the end, Superman is going to magically pop up out of nowhere and happy ending! Really couldn't have tried to keep that one a secret,
could they?
)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
the guy just went through a divorce. he is not going to see his kids everyday and because it was his fault, he has to live with that for the rest of his life. I bet everyone here going through the same thing would gain a little weight. I mean if the threads we get describing every little interaction gaffers have with girls are any indication, they would gain ten pounds just writing the 5000 word OP.

LiK

All I want is the Wonder Woman movie to be good and I'll be satisfied. JL is probably still a mess cuz Snyder.

As mentioned in the article this is standard practice as most if not all of the movies I've worked on had several reshoots for more than 75% of the movie.

Heck one movie didn't even have the last 45 minutes and it was out in 2 months!
Yeah, even if this rumor is true this isn't that unusual, especially for a film with this kind of budget. When I worked in film editing long ago we'd sometimes get enough footage from the production company to cut into two completely different films if we wanted to.

As much as I've disliked the DCEU so far and am against Snyder's continued involvement, I'm not buying it. Seems to be based on nothing and doesn't match up with what we've seen since they finished filming.

Not all reshoots are bad, didn't RO have extensive reshoots as well?

It did have reshoots, but the bigger changes were actually done in editing and the stories were overblown.

Boke1879

Nothing about this makes sense and you already having people in the know calling it bullshit.

Also reshoots happen. Remember when y'all ate up everything about the Rogue One reshoots?

Blader

Nothing about this makes sense and you already having people in the know calling it bullshit.

Also reshoots happen. Remember when y'all ate up everything about the Rogue One reshoots?

Rogue One did have extremely extensive reshoots, though...?

Cuburt

People still believe this is fake news clickbait after how Suicide Squad came out and all the other behind the scenes drama (Flash directors, Affleck turning down directing, etc.) that turned out to be true?

Wonder Woman seems like the only film that may have escaped the turbulent production of the other films, for the most part.

You have to assume execs are freaking the fuck out about Justice League, especially since it seemed too late to course correct before this film started production after BvS and with almost a year after the film has been done shooting to it's final release, that is a lot of time to second guess what they have.

Rogue One did have extremely extensive reshoots, though...?

Yeah, a lot of the third act was redone.

And people still trying to squeak in the hot take that Rogue One was garbage? Compared to what SW movie? There have been 8 and it's easily in the top 3.

Nyanmaruz

So there are chances that at least 90% of the footage in the recent trailer is not going to be in the final cut of the movie?

a916

People said the exact same thing about SS.

Common practice doesn't mean the product will be good, and as a consumer of these products the last two, three for counting MOS, I didn't enjoy much if at all. There's nothing about this so far that leads me, as Joe Public to believe this will be different.

It's not really about bias, it's about precedent. The precedent has said that when the studio meddles in this film universe, the product turns out kind of shit.

Maybe WW will break the chain.

I think what the poster is saying that movie reshoots are very common to how films, blockbusters, are made these days. To gleam anything from these is foolish, especially from a dubious source.

That fact that re-shoots are happening is no indication, one way or another, about the quality of the final film. We've seen it go both ways, movies come out good or bad...

DeathyBoy

Banned
No it did not and this is exactly what worries me about this. Suicide Squad was reshot and reeditted by the people that made the trailers lol and seriously hurt the film. There are tons of Joker scenes that were completely cut from the movie that could have altered the film greatly. We will never know of course if it was for the best or not though.

If Affleck ordered these rewrites/reshoots then theres a chance it was for the best. I just hope WB learned from their mistakes with Suicide Squad and didnt try and alter the movie's style. Justice League doesnt need to be like Guardians of the Galaxy, or any other Marvel movie. No wonder Affleck is starting to back away from Batman. I hope WB doesnt end up loosing him altogether now.

Gaf still being unable to accept that casual cinema goers wanted to see Suicide Squad is amazing. Like get the fuck over it already, commercially it was a success regardless of how much whining we do here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom