• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$100 Gift Card w/ a 160GB PS3 purchase at WalMart on 12/17 | $50 GC @ Best Buy Now

DR2K

Banned
Najaf said:
So,

PS3:..........................300
Uncharted 1&2:............70 (40, 30)
Demon's Souls:............30
...............................$400
...............................-100
...............................$300

Am I doing it right?

Sounds like a fun Friday.

Ignore U1 and get a good game instead.

DR2K

Banned
Najaf said:
No story or anything I should experience?

Nah, UC2 was amazing all by itself. Definitely not worth the $30 you're about to plop down on it either. Especially when there's many other games to choose from.

Pride

This does seem like a reactionary play on Sony's part and it's pretty telling because the $50 Gift Card offer wasn't in Best Buy's Sunday circular. That said Walmart ran a $75 Gift Card offer on the Xbox 360 but that was a week long offer so who knows what the impact on NPD this will have. I would be surprised if Xbox was 2x PS3 sales now (for Sony's sake they cant afford to let that wide of a gap continue to happen).

I am seriously considering picking up a PS3 now just to play Uncharted 2, there is one thing stopping me: Gamerscore! In my opinion, gamerscore is one of the smartest console marketing decisions ever made! It promotes/rewards loyalty. If I play a game I want to be rewarded (yes, I know playing a game is it's own reward, blah, blah) and the increase in my gamerscore does just that.

Still I would love to try out Uncharted 2 and God of War 3, so now be a good time to jump in.

Jhoan

Yeah, the $100 GC with the PS3 is extremely tempting and there's couple of games I could get with that GC. However, I still want to get a MGS4 PS3 because it's backwards compatible although I do have a PS2 which has a stuck disc tray so it wouldn't matter if I got the slim PS3. I might bite.

apana

So I can go into any WalMart in the united states and the deal will be valid? Also the Amazon deal was better for me, feel like an idiot for not buying at that time.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I've been debating this since I heard about it (or the Amazon deal).

I just can't care about any of the PS3's retail exclusives and while there's a few PSN games I'd probably get (PixelJunk stuff), there isn't one QUITE strong enough to make it worth it.

Mostly considering it though for Tales of Graces F/Tales of Xillia, even if I have to import.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Princess Skittles said:
I've been debating this since I heard about it (or the Amazon deal).

I just can't care about any of the PS3's retail exclusives and while there's a few PSN games I'd probably get (PixelJunk stuff), there isn't one QUITE strong enough to make it worth it.

Mostly considering it though for Tales of Graces F/Tales of Xillia, even if I have to import.

Considering you like JRPGs, you might as well. Most of the console JRPGs announced are on the system as it is and it's only going to continue that way.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Kagari said:
Considering you like JRPGs, you might as well. Most of the console JRPGs announced are on the system as it is and it's only going to continue that way.
What else other than Tales has been announced?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Princess Skittles said:
What else other than Tales has been announced?

Ni no Kuni
Disgaea 4
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Ar Tonelico 3
Atelier Totori
Trinity: Souls of Zill'Oll
White Knight Chronicles 2
Neptunia
Final Fantasy XIV
Rune Factory Oceans

Some of those are out in Japan already.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Kagari said:
Ni no Kuni
Disgaea 4
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Ar Tonelico 3
Atelier Totori
Trinity: Souls of Zill'Oll
White Knight Chronicles 2
Neptunia
Final Fantasy XIV
Rune Factory Oceans

Some of those are out in Japan already.
Well, there's my interest level (and I still beleive Versus will be multi-platform).

Yeah, I am just trying to justify not spending the $300 right now. :\

Whatever happened to PixelJunk Dungeons? And why am I buying my consoles based on DD games?!

Princess Skittles said:
Well, there's my interest level (and I still beleive Versus will be multi-platform).

Whatever happened to PixelJunk Dungeons? And why am I buying my consoles based on DD games?!

33eoe1e.jpg

apana

The main system sellers for me are GOD OF WAR 3 and TLG. I really don't have that much interest anymore for final fantasy, metal gear solid, or gran turismo. I suppose I would enjoy the Uncharted series as well. Any God of War fans out there? Would you say that the latest one is the best out of the three games?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
TheChillyAcademic said:
unrelatedmemepic.jpg
Hey, I'm more than open to buy the system for some JRPGs but Gust and Idea Factory crap isn't the way to sway me!

Ni no Kuni is the biggest pull right now (besides Tales).

tri-Ace being multi-platform = yay (for now).

Plus, if I buy the system for Tales they're just going to announce next year that "mothership" titles will be on the 3DS.

And then Xillia Director's Cut will be released for PSP2 only.

Oh Namco, you silly goose. :mad:

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Princess Skittles said:

Maybe, but based on the FF13 port, I wouldn't expect greatness out of it.

And Pixeljunk Dungeons is supposedly still happening.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Good deal. That's enough for a $20 gift card that nets you WIPEOUT HD and WIPEOUT HD FURY then you still have enough for Demon's Souls, LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted 2.

I guess good things come to those who wait.

MechaX

I'm also pretty undecided if I'm going to bite on the Wal-Mart deal. On one hand, I already have a fair amount of multi-platform games on the 360 and I'm not really big on FPS games. On the other hand, free online for fighting games (plus on a control that doesn't totally suck ass) is a big plus, and I'm fairly interested in some of the PS3 exclusives like the Ninja Gaiden Sigma series, Valkyria Chronicles, the Uncharted titles, Demons Souls, and MGS4 (despite how the story makes me rage).

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Cornbread78 said:
great, I forgot about this crap and I have to work there tonight (Damn PT jobs) it's gonna be a zoo.... AARRGGHHHHH

amazon.com has the same deal. :D

matmanx1

Was at Wal-Mart at lunch time today picking up some stocking stuffers (they have a surprisingly good and cheap candy and chocolate section!) and I walked through the electronics section and saw the sale signs up. They had what looked like a cabinet full of PS3's ready to go but I don't know how well this promo is being advertised.

Anyway, it's definitely happening and the best deal to come along on a PS3 in a while.

Top Bottom