• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1080P Driveclub Beta Screenshots!

SerTapTap

Holy shit that video. Dat engine sound. Starting to lean more and more toward buy, but I'll be checking the PS+ version

Dawg

I didn't know Driveclub was coming out on PS3

I didn't know your PS3 could run this.

zcwcce.jpg

Ploid 3.0

I want to imagine how Motorstorm PS4 would look ; ;

Edit: Driveclub seems like the poster child for bad compression making a gorgeous game look ordinary.

YoutubeVShdPic.jpg

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
After Pics In OP
It doesn't look anywhere near as good as some of the videos and screenshots we've seen previously.
WTF is this, the secret PS3 version?
After Wario64 Pics
holy christ those pics. the image quality is stunning. the graphics are amazing. this is real life, I'm going to get to play this game in just over a month.
Crap this game looks so purdy.
Is this real life? (Faints)
(Wakes up)
I can confirm that this is a gif of heaven, or maybe a dream of heaven.

BEHOLD! THE POWER OF A PROPER SCREENSHOT!

Leaked beta shots from an unknown source through an unknown capture system look worse than official direct feed screen shots. Not sure why a lot of people don't seem to understand that.

This game looks fairly sub par visually. Doesn't look as bad as say a previous gen game but also doesn't look current gen either. If it was running at 60fps it'd be a little more understandable but these visuals@30fps....

Leaked beta shots from an unknown source through an unknown capture system look worse than official direct feed screen shots. Not sure why a lot of people don't seem to understand that.

This game looks fairly sub par visually. Doesn't look as bad as say a previous gen game but also doesn't look current gen either. If it was running at 60fps it'd be a little more understandable but these visuals@30fps....

It's because the game is 30 fps. If it was running in 60 fps it would be acceptable. /s

sunnz

I'm not the one who needs convincing, but that footage would've been a way better response to the other guy.

I was lazy, just grabbed the nearest thing I could :p

But you are right, gifs can easily be Misrepresentative ( word?) but this game has enough videos and such to prove how good it will look and judging it from some poorly taken pictures and coming out with such statements is kinda sad ( not aimed at you, talking out loud)

I am at a loss for words. This must be an alternate universe...
Scott beam me up!

IcyEyes

I'm pretty confusing about the reasons why some people act in such childish way. I mean, isn't Neogaf a 18+ forum ?

Anyway, of course the compression is pretty terrible and make a snapshot to a game while it's "moving" most of the time the result isn't so good.

We have already seen tons of vids and gifs of this game and we already know about the (graphics) quality of this game.

After Pics In OP

After Wario64 Pics

BEHOLD! THE POWER OF A PROPER SCREENSHOT!

Imagine that, posting a bland pic with no lightning because of sun position and no track details looks worse then sun casting long shadows during a dynamic sunset. Shocking!

People are just too quick to want to shit on high profile games these days it seems

This may be the first racer since Nascar 4 where I will spend most of my time in cockpit view

Amir0x

Banned
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn ...I mean fk winning man..I'm just gonna drive around relaxing while whistling or something

i'm pretty much just going straight to photomode and ignoring everything else. this game will be

RACING PORTRAIT: VISUAL DRIVE the game.

Ploid 3.0

The camera work in the game is phenomenal. It's their secret weapon in the 30vs60 war. I never got this sense of speed with NFS Rivals or even Forza 5.

The track decoration helps in conveying the sense of speed better. Rollercoasters do this too, have things and decorated tunnels to show or enhance the sense of speed. It looks like you're rushing at things that you can crash into which adds to the fear and danger of speed.

Loudninja

The track decoration helps in conveying the sense of speed better. Rollercoasters do this too, have things and decorated tunnels to show or enhance the sense of speed. It looks like you're rushing at things that you can crash into which adds to the fear and danger of speed.
Whatever they did its fantastic.

And every racer since ridge racer has done this. Yet this game has a much better sense of speed then any other racer I have seen since burnout.

Ploid 3.0

Imagine that, posting a bland pic with no lightning because of sun position and no track details looks worse then sun casting long shadows during a dynamic sunset. Shocking!

People are just too quick to want to shit on high profile games these days it seems

This may be the first racer since Nascar 4 where I will spend most of my time in cockpit view

Mostly I jump in a Driveclub thread and can't help but comment on how perty the game looks, but I noticed that Driveclub threads are full of fighting. It seems like it can't be helped. Both sides have people that are responsible for it. It will most likely continue even when the game is out.

Top Bottom