• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1080P Driveclub Beta Screenshots!

Seanspeed

Banned
And every racer since ridge racer has done this. Yet this game has a much better sense of speed then any other racer I have seen since burnout.
No really, the closeness of the off-track detail plays a massive part in increasing the sense of speed. Take all that away and it wouldn't feel anything like the same.

Like in the GIF, you have trees right on the roadside, hanging overhead even. That provides an extremely close 'frame of reference' that increases how fast you feel you're going.

EDIT: I would bet that its a big reason many of the trees are deliberately slanted towards the track.

Ploid 3.0

And every racer since ridge racer has done this. Yet this game has a much better sense of speed then any other racer I have seen since burnout.

The thing with Driveclub is that it looks so pretty and varied. They have floating colorful leaves blowing in the wind making the race look like a congratulation of confetti as you race. The trees look unique, the environment look natural and colorful, sometimes scary. It's like you're racing somewhere real, no bland track, interesting things every turn. It helps, and maybe the motion blur, but the work put into making every little detail unique is paying off I'd say.

Amir0x

Banned
The thing with Driveclub is that it looks so pretty and varied. They have floating colorful leaves blowing in the wind making the race look like a congratulation of confetti as you race. The trees look unique, the environment look natural and colorful, sometimes scary. It's like you're racing somewhere real, no bland track, interesting things every turn. It helps, and maybe the motion blur, but the work put into making every little detail unique is paying off I'd say.

Just think of this:

There will be a Super HD Remaster of DriveClub @ 60fps for PS5! The sense of speed will blow your head back!

Footos22

This game looks fairly sub par visually. Doesn't look as bad as say a previous gen game but also doesn't look current gen either. If it was running at 60fps it'd be a little more understandable but these visuals@30fps....

Seriously? What games have you been playing on current gen so far that look better then this. Oh yeah right. None.

Mostly I jump in a Driveclub thread and can't help but comment on how perty the game looks, but I noticed that Driveclub threads are full of fighting. It seems like it can't be helped. Both sides have people that are responsible for it. It will most likely continue even when the game is out.

It's an exclusive title on the market leader so it'll always cop a lot of flack. At least the OT should be pretty balanced since it will be full of all the information, not just one or two cherry picked screenshots/gifs from the pro/con people.

B.O.O.M

i'm pretty much just going straight to photomode and ignoring everything else. this game will be

RACING PORTRAIT: VISUAL DRIVE the game.

DRIVECLUB |OT| How fast do you wan... fuck this imma snap me some pics.

giphy.gif

Btw would it be possible for a mod to just add the new screens/video to the OP? Would be helpful

No really, the closeness of the off-track detail plays a massive part in increasing the sense of speed. Take all that away and it wouldn't feel anything like the same.

You are talking about 20 year old racer tactics known about since the dawn of motion. In every racer you have near track objects flying past you.

I think with this game it has more to do with the lighting, the actual road details and little things like that. Seeing the lighting flashing on your dashboard along with the gravel on the road gives the entire image the feeling of fast motion. A lot of times It is just the side track objects rushing by giving the sense of motion while everything else is static. Here everything is moving including the rear view mirrors and side mirrors.

The whole screen is pushing the sense of movement, not just the road objects

Man the lighting in those gifs is incredible.
I really hope we see the cloud/weather/lighting techniques they're using cropping up in plenty more games.

prwxv3

Its pretty fucking hilarious to see posts that are concerned with the graphics when we have direct feed footage from recent events.

This is what I've been waiting to play since I got my PS4 in November.

But I need to say: the video posted by wario64 let me worried. We're one month from release and the amount of pop-ins is really distracting. I hope they fix that until launch.

Is the beta under NDA? Are any gaffers in the beta? Where are the impressions? Stop worrying about compressed screenshots, game will be best looking racer when released. Trolls will troll as usual.

Arondight

Am I the only one who finds it weird that there's wind blowing the petals around but the trees kind of look static.

Other than that, I kind of like how there's birds,petals and fireworks around to make the environments look more alive. There's absolutely no way that the visuals look downgraded from what we've seen.

VanWinkle

Am I the only one who finds it weird that there's wind blowing the petals around but the trees kind of look static.

Other than that, I kind of like how there's birds,petals and fireworks around to make the environments look more alive. There's absolutely no way that the visuals look downgraded from what we've seen.

Petals are virtually weightless. But I do wish at least the leaves would blow around.

Just watched that video.

Holy shit the audio may be just as impressive as the visuals! Game is going to be AMAZING blasting on my surround system. My neighbors are gonna be pissed.

Cudder

How did people get in the beta in the first place ? Press only ?

I have two people playing on my friends list, looks to be SCEE Beta testers. Look for people playing 'cupcake'.

Pretty sure the beta was a part of the VMC testing thing. They notified people via email that there was an NDA breach in one of their betas and that someone leaked videos and screens of one of their tests. Could be wrong though.

Hopefully the leaker posts some video like that of the Chile tracks, the most realistic IMO, mostly cause i´ve been there and it´s extremely real.

Tagyhag

This is from the beta, so of course they could always change things, but like I said before, when you actually get direct feed screenshots, instead of using super small gifs, you can actually see the game has imperfections.

That said, it does look really damn good and maybe they'll touch it up more before it releases.

look at the way the light shines off the guys hand

i mean

That's the spot I was looking for. The drivers/crowds and other things that need to look incredibly realistic to fool the view into buying into the realism are always easy to pick out, but even the hands in this gif look realistic. It's why most racers have drivers with helmets on and gloves...ect.

Top Bottom