• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 10.5 (TGS 2008, Call of Duty beta, Dead Space)

Nizz

Downloading the show now. Since I can't get my hands on Dead Space right now (no funds) I'll enjoy the game vicariously through segments like this on 1up show and GAF...

Zeliard

flarkminator said:
Dead space is really fucking solid. Everyone who likes suspense and action and space should buy it.

What he said.

Dead Space is an excellent game, quite possibly the best I've played out of the 2008 releases so far (and that goes for both consoles and PC). The game has virtually no weaknesses and a lot of strengths, particularly when it comes to the audio-visual fidelity and the gunplay. It's very polished, features a masterful and innovative presentation and is simply a great all-around effort from EA. I bought the game last night and I've been sitting at work all day today just counting down the minutes until I can get back home to play it some more. Buy this game.

I hope they dont have the deadspace hater from last time on the show. He really was not making much sense at all. "not gimmicky enough"

minc

Danielsan said:
Skipping the Dead Space segment. Game is on its way and I don't want to spoil too much.

I haven't played it yet, either, and don't really think it spoils it, but I definitely respect wanting that first experience to be as pure as possible :) -- just come back and watch it next week. I predict you'll have beaten it this weekend since you won't be able to stop playing ;p

Zeliard

You should probably skip watching Dead Space stuff if you're about to get the game, even if there are no story spoilers. There are some things that EA did with the presentation, that if you haven't seen any vids of it, you'll probably be pretty amazed and impressed. And even if you have, as I did prior to buying the game, you'll probably still be. Their handling of everything having to do with the HUD/menu screens/etc is the kind of stuff I was expecting we'd see all over the place in this gen, the so-called "next gen".

Danielsan

minc said:
I haven't played it yet, either, and don't really think it spoils it, but I definitely respect wanting that first experience to be as pure as possible :) -- just come back and watch it next week. I predict you'll have beaten it this weekend since you won't be able to stop playing ;p
I predict I won't. The game has to come all the way from Canada to the Netherlands. I will have finished it next weekend though. :D

Tieno

David Ellis needs to keep the beard, the baby clean shaven face is too much change for me to handle.

mileS

skip said:
probably about an hour.

me/john/shane/phil
2:20ish
not in time for LBP delay CONTROVERSY

lots of words indeed! just in time for me to grab it before work.

thanks skip.

harSon

Banned
Jesus Christ, did they give Dead Space an 11 out of 10? They completely dismissed and justified even the littlest of criticisms towards the game.

Dissidia being like Psychic Force makes me finally want Dissidia for reasons outside of FF fanwank.

wow

DEAD WRONG ABOUT PSYCHIC FORCE HATER JERKS! the PS1 game is still awesome, 2012 on Dreamcast is still awesome, and haters still suck.

Zeliard

harSon said:
Jesus Christ, did they give Dead Space an 11 out of 10? They completely dismissed and justified even the littlest of criticisms towards the game.

I haven't watched this ep yet so I don't know what they're saying, but it's hardly surprising if they're praising it that much if you've played it. The game is polished to a spit shine. Every weakness is minimized while every strength is amplified.

dexterslu

Tieno said:
David Ellis needs to keep the beard, the baby clean shaven face is too much change for me to handle.

me too, it his mustache was glorious

Call of Duty World at War is COD's Day of Defeat, it's not quite as good but it's cool.

harSon

Banned
Zeliard said:
I haven't watched this ep yet so I don't know what they're saying, but it's hardly surprising if they're praising it that much if you've played it. The game is polished to a spit shine. Every weakness is minimized while every strength is amplified.

I want to :(

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Between Bobbito talking so glowingly about Dead Space on the Brodeo Remix and this, I am going to be forced to get the game today.

Kibbles

Do they still praise CoD: WaW? After that last show I was pumped, the beta was fun for a while I guess, but when I went back to CoD4, I instantly realized how much better Modern Warfare was. Ugh. :S Can't seem to get back into WaW now.

Punchy

Banned
Duck said:
2:20ish? Phil Kollar?

yessss

We finally get another Garnett-less episode, and you replace him with Phil Kollar?! God hates me - the two people I like the least.

To be fair, I only dislike Phil on 1UP FM because I get the feeling that he's supposed to be the goofy "color" guy, but he's not at all funny.

Cruzader

Banned
I know this is the wrong thread since I should of done it on the last 1UP SHOW thread but If anyone knows anything about that japanese version of the song called Seven Nation Army(it was on the TGS special thing), please PM with the band's/singer's details PLZ!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
To watch the Dead Space segment or not... :(

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Tieno said:

I'm running for school board here in SF, and I thought the "change" would help me in the vote.

Rolf NB

Seiken said:
To watch the Dead Space segment or not... :(
Why not? Spoileration? I say go ahead. It's mostly about the combat and the aesthetic. Few story details are revealed, and they look to me like early-game premise kind of stuff anyway. Certainly no big twist.

Maaaaaaaaaan.

This just in.

Thierry Nguyen is a jaded d-bag. That guy needs a vacation from video games.

*** And I didn't catch any real spoilers for the game. More about the "experience" and not about story.

Top Bottom