• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 10.9 (Animal Crossing City Folk, SSF2 Turbo HD Remix, Left 4 Dead)

darkressurection said:
Did you guys really get in SF4 or was that just a mock up disc to use for the end of the show?

It's true. Yesterday we really got in a Trial version. We won't be able to talk about it for a good little while, though. Embargoes and all. We did get permission to show the disc.

Tieno

binaryburrito said:
It's true. Yesterday we really got in a Trial version. We won't be able to talk about it for a good little while, though. Embargoes and all. We did get permission to show the disc.
They must really love you over there.

Acid08

Banned
sykoex said:
L4D looked so fun. It seemed like a really fast-paced, close-quarters version of R2 co-op.
Uh don't even compare R2 and L4D co-op. They're on completely different levels.

Acid08 said:
Uh don't even compare R2 and L4D co-op. They're on completely different levels.
The same can be said for every Valve product ever.

And oh God, I wish I had money. I want Left 4 Dead sosososososososo bad.

dfyb

Banned
binaryburrito said:
We have the full version on 360, and only the demo on PC, so....
so you stomp into valve and go 'ARRHHGHH RARRRHH RARRRRARRUUUGHH' until they give you the PC version. it's simple

in general it was a good show - you guys played the cards you were dealt.

binaryburrito said:

:O

I wish I didn't just read that.

Barrett2

GhaleonQ said:
The disparity between what City Folk could have been and what it is makes me sad.

You mean porting a four year old DS game to the Wii and adding a few new gimmicks isn't good enough for you? What's your problem?

For Christ's sake, even the background music is the exact same as in the DS version!!! Whoever buys this is a straight up CHUMP!

lawblob said:
You mean porting a four year old DS game to the Wii and adding a few new gimmicks isn't good enough for you? What's your problem?

For Christ's sake, even the background music is the exact same as in the DS version!!! Whoever buys this is a straight up CHUMP!
Hey man, that is completely unfair. Wild World is only three years old!

GhaleonQ

lawblob said:

Did they mention K.K. Slider in the show? I was checking the strategy guide. 40 songs. About 30 reused. BOO. There's 1 called "Stale Cupcake" or something, though, which prevents the situation from being uniformly horrid.

oh yeah the 360 controls for l4d are just as fast and accurate as on pc. of course they are. loved how fast the girl was shut down when trying to protest this. BU BU BU shut up bitch no ones cares about the pc :lol

I AM JOHN! said:
Hey man, that is completely unfair. Wild World is only three years old!
the n64 game is from 2001 though. :sick

Puck

Banned
Brandon F said:
No Lich King???
Do you really want to see that shit?
What would they even say?
"This is WOTLK. Here's 10 minutes of footage from the beginning of Northrend when the game is less than 24 hours old, nobody has hit 80 and only a drop of new content has been seen. Oh yeah, none of us play this game"

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Puck said:
"This is WOTLK. Here's 10 minutes of footage from the beginning of Northrend when the game is less than 24 hours old, nobody has hit 80 and only a drop of new content has been seen. Oh yeah, none of us play this game"

Still an improvement over Animal Crossing.

SPEA

binaryburrito said:
Soooo lucky. :(

Yasser

Puck said:
by that logic there'd be no previews ever. oh, and as for no one playing it, there's a whole 1up podcast dedicated to just mmos (mostly wow)

Meliorism

Joseph Merrick said:
oh yeah the 360 controls for l4d are just as fast and accurate as on pc. of course they are. loved how fast the girl was shut down when trying to protest this. BU BU BU shut up bitch no ones cares about the pc :lol

I'd imagine it was because of posts like yours.

the animal crossing part was terrible. Even the people reviewing it, though they kind of liked it, seemed as enthusiastic as a block of wood. L4D looks awesome though. Im still a little iffy on SF2HD. Looks great but im thinking the original SF2Turbo on XBLA can tide me over until SF4.

Hunahan

Banned
lawblob said:
You mean porting a four year old DS game to the Wii and adding a few new gimmicks isn't good enough for you?
You say this like they did something more for Wild World than porting a three year old Gamecube game to the DS and adding a few new gimmicks in the first place.

Or that they did something more on the original NA release than porting a year old N64 game to the Gamecube without adding a few new gimmicks at all, when you really get down to it.

Nintendo has grown increasingly effective at repurposing its successful games with minimal effort in recent years. I believe that particular talent traces back to Pokemon originally, but I could be mistaken there.

Sanjay

Joseph Merrick said:
oh yeah the 360 controls for l4d are just as fast and accurate as on pc.

Mostly true as nothing ever will be as good as PC controls but not far from it which really surprised me.

Baha

I hope there's an option to use the classic bgm for sf2: turbo hd, the remixes I heard in the segment were so underwhelming.

Seriously, if you're looking forward to HD Remix more than Street Fighter fuckin' IV, you need 3 catscans just to make sure you're not half-retarded and in a coma.

minc

Puck said:

It's going to get a segment. For 1.) I play :) -- and B.), like ya say, we decided to wait a few weeks to get into some of the meat of it, do instances, swap out some purples for greens, etc.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Good God. What's with the flesh tones during the Left 4 Dead segment? I can't tell if that's supposed to be a "Zombie" effect, or the camera operator didn't white balance. Is that an HVX200?

CPS2

Jswanko said:
Anyone see Richard Li make a weird face when Fitch was talking about SSF2 stages, i :lol .

I think he was in the middle of a game or something, he was making weird faces pretty much the whole time =P But he did seem pretty distraught when fitch mentioned choking the chicken =P

sun-drop

Wii Will Rock U said:
2ut00gn.gif

WEEKEND SEMI-CONFIRMED! Now all I need is 1up Yours and their reactions to the ridiculous NPDs this month.

ahha..i LOVE that movie

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Goreomedy said:
Good God. What's with the flesh tones during the Left 4 Dead segment? I can't tell if that's supposed to be a "Zombie" effect, or the camera operator didn't white balance. Is that an HVX200?

Looks like intentional green tint.

Struct09

Animal Crossing - I love the series, but the timing of the release for this one just doesn't work for me. I've actually had the game since Wednesday, but have only put about 2 hours into it. Too many other games!

SSF2THD - The segment actually resold me on this game. Looks great!

L4D - A no brainer, day one.

Schrade

I thought this part of the show would make a good GIF. Richard's expression is funny!

jb4nip.gif

(Waits for the "That's creepy", "Stalker!" posts - fuck off you pricks. Sometimes there's just good GIF potential in the shows.)

Top Bottom