• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 10.5 (TGS 2008, Call of Duty beta, Dead Space)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
bcn-ron said:
Why not? Spoileration? I say go ahead. It's mostly about the combat and the aesthetic. Few story details are revealed, and they look to me like early-game premise kind of stuff anyway. Certainly no big twist.
Alright thanks, will watch!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
What was with the deadspace segment? Two guys having a "who is the bigger jaded dickcheese" contest?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
uuurk. This is slow. 2 hours dowload? last weeks stream died on me twice too. :\

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Kuroyume said:
:lol @ the Deadspace segment

The Deadspace fanboy was so freaking annoying.

wat?
It was the Dead Space haters that were doucebags!
Seemed like they were complaining just to complain, kinda like a good cop, bad cop.

Hitmeneer

Kuroyume said:

Every time one of the others had a small remark, he shot into defence. He was a bit to defensive, even as the other two's were maybe nitpicking.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
dead space segment was iffy. dead space ad is shit. ads leading into credits is lulz.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Kuroyume said:

I think he made valid arguments while the others were nitpicking.

And the game looks awesome, still waiting for the PC version to come out.

Brakara

Hitmeneer said:
Every time one of the others had a small remark, he shot into defence. He was a bit to defensive, even as the other two's were maybe nitpicking.

Indeed. Kinda like the Dead Space defenders on this forum. Say something negative about Dead Space and they're all over you. The game looks and sounds awesome though.

It seemed so forced and obvious. Perhaps it was all an act on both of their parts?

Brakara said:
Indeed. Kinda like the Dead Space defenders on this forum. Say something negative about Dead Space and they're all over you. The game looks and sounds awesome though.

The real trick is saying something "smart and negative". That seems to be the elusive prize right now.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
bigdaddygamebot said:
The real trick is saying something "smart and negative". That seems to be the elusive prize right now.

Thierry Nguyen is a jaded d-bag. That guy needs a vacation from video games.

Do as I say, not as I do, I guess?

Station42

not enough CHU_HI love in this thread...

chu-hi.jpg

sp0rsk said:
Do as I say, not as I do, I guess?

I had time to think about it. :)

But his complaints in the podcast seemed pretty trollish. I had some time to think about it and thought that maybe, just maybe it was "work" as in the professional wrestling kind...

Schrade

immy said:
why should people have to use download managers?
The reason is because they are hosting the videos off of their streaming server which limits bandwidth to single streams. The max bandwidth per download/stream/connection is set so that it should be just slightly enough to play video while it's downloading if your connection is clear.

The problem is, lots of people's connections through many different routers to the gamevideos servers will sometimes be degraded and therefore a single stream will be slower than normal.

That is why to get the full download potential you'll need to open up several simultaneous connections to a single file and download it all at the same time. Hence why using a Download Manager that does this will usually max your download bandwidth when downloading from GameVideos.com.

And then of course there are people who are told this every other week who STILL complain...

undrtakr900

How well do you guys think Dead Space is going to sell? EA has been aggressively maketing it, seen many commercials for it during shows like Family Guy, South Park, etc. I predict its going to break the top 20-- if not top 10.
--------

My problem with WaW is the weapons don't look like they pack the Power of modern weapons, though I haven't played it yet, so have to see. Even if I don't like the weapon I know I'll love the perc sstem, I'm a upgrade fanatic:D

immy

Banned
Schrade said:
The reason is because they are hosting the videos off of their streaming server which limits bandwidth to single streams. The max bandwidth per download/stream/connection is set so that it should be just slightly enough to play video while it's downloading if your connection is clear.

The problem is, lots of people's connections through many different routers to the gamevideos servers will sometimes be degraded and therefore a single stream will be slower than normal.

That is why to get the full download potential you'll need to open up several simultaneous connections to a single file and download it all at the same time. Hence why using a Download Manager that does this will usually max your download bandwidth when downloading from GameVideos.com.

And then of course there are people who are told this every other week who STILL complain...

no what i mean is why should i change my routine for 1up, answer i'm not going to

undrtakr900

Schrade said:

QFT! Downloading became much more easier once I got Flashget :D

For those who don't have a DLM use Flashget: http://www.flashget.com/en/download.htm

Or install Flashgot(firefox extension): https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220

undrtakr900

immy said:
no what i mean is why should i change my routine for 1up, answer i'm not going to
You don't have to change your routine, just right-click the whatever you want to download and select Flashgot Link, it doesn't take any longer than if you download it regularly:
2wfljj9.png

Kuroyume said:

Yeah Matt Leone is a big fanboy, he just loves everything and not very critical of any game. On a rainey afternoon he loves to sit down on his loveseat couch and sip on his cappachino while enjoying great games without nitpicking at them.

Yep that's what Matt Leone is, A GREAT GUY.

I am glad he is a game journalist, because if it wasn't for him I would have not enjoyed any game in the last 2 years. THANK GOD FOR MATT LEONE!

harSon

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
I think he made valid arguments while the others were nitpicking.

And the game looks awesome, still waiting for the PC version to come out.

I was close to turning it off after he attempted to justify an engineer being fortified then a marine :lol Game still looks and sounds awesome though, unfortunately I can't purchase much right now since I'm saving for a laptop...

Draft

The fucking brutal ownage that Dead Space has delivered unto all its haters is delicious.

I can practically hear their teeth grinding through the internet.

When both the Xbox and PS3 versions are in October NPD top 10s, the ownage will be utter and final. Make your time, haters.

harSon

Banned
Draft said:
The fucking brutal ownage that Dead Space has delivered unto all its haters is delicious.

I can practically hear their teeth grinding through the internet.

When both the Xbox and PS3 versions are in October NPD top 10s, the ownage will be utter and final. Make your time, haters.

Uh?

:lol

Proc

having deadspace sponsor the show was a bit awkward, but other than that it was great. The dead space segment was timely regardless of the ad and I enjoyed the CoD:WaW segment as well.

undrtakr900

Proc said:
having deadspace sponsor the show was a bit awkward, but other than that it was great. The dead space segment was timely regardless of the ad and I enjoyed the CoD:WaW segment as well.
IIRC didn't they advertise DeadSpace during last week 1up Show?

Top Bottom