• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
No team has ever won a championship with their pointguard having a usage rate higher than 19%.

The pointguard with the highest usage rate to ever win a championship? Magic.

Westbrook's usage rate? 24%.

Deng has become an absolute liability on offense, and Noah just had a terrible game.

Deng will be ok, he has just turned from a consistent jumpshooter to an erratic one.

Last game, his jumper was going very well.

I know it was the Pistons but he still can hit shots, he just misses badly now more often than he should.

I do think Deng is the main concern going into the playoffs though, not worried about Rip or Derrick as by this time, they should be as healthy as newborns.

No team has ever won a championship with their pointguard having a usage rate higher than 19%.

It's a new day in the NBA, foo'.

Fuk yo team, clown.

KingGondo

Banned
Ah.

Just remember, I questioned people hating on Westbrook even when people were assigning him cute little nicknames.

If the Lakers are out, the only thing that would make this season complete would be Derek Fisher daggering the Heat in the Finals.

Just for Konex.
*dap*

Levyne

Banned
Deng will be ok, he has just turned from a consistent jumpshooter to an erratic one.

I know it was the Pistons but he still can hit shots, he just misses badly now more often than he should.

I do think Deng is the main concern going into the playoffs though, not worried about Rip or Derrick as by this time, they should be as healthy as newborns.

Hopefully not fragile as coat hangers and cold as ice

Flash

I still remember his playoffs antics... damn shameful. He's a great player and a dynamic scorer but he can lose you games just as easily as win you them cause of his selfish play. That video coach nick had on him summed it up pretty well I think.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

I honestly think Deng will have a terrible playoffs, and be their main weakness.

Not I. Lebron is definitely having a good season. But Durant is out of this world.

Obviously LeBron has the better overall stats but as far as being unstoppable scoring(shooting), Durant is just automatic nowadays.

It's nice to have someone you can always go to and know he'll rarely miss the shot.

lebron's the mvp
stats obliterate durant's
Lebron is on pace for the greatest PER in the history of the game

Both their teams are elite so the final say should be about the stats. OKC would suck without Durant and Miami would suck without LeBron. All that stuff cancels out so it's up to the stats and LeBron is having an historic season with superior stats.

Durant will get MVP of course, because it's all politics and media hype. Look at what happened with Rose last year.

THIS. Completely insensitive and pathetic if you ask me.
Yup

I can't believe Lebron is actually using two headbands now. He's basically living up to that joke pic that was around where he would be adding headbands every couple years until he had like 5 of them.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I can't believe Lebron is actually using two headbands now. He's basically living up to that joke pic that was around where he would be adding headbands every couple years until he had like 5 of them.

Cut him some slack, he's just compensating for his lack of rings.

Obviously LeBron has the better overall stats but as far as being unstoppable scoring(shooting), Durant is just automatic nowadays.

It's nice to have someone you can always go to and know he'll rarely miss the shot.

lebron 53.5%
durant 50.1%

like i said, perception and media hype will decide the award

Take Durant off the Thunder and LeBron off the Heat.

Who wins more games???
How is that relevant when both teams would be bad without them? and really that's too close to call anyway
Also OKC is playing in a tougher west.

westbrook
harden
ibaka

vs.
wade
bosh
?

Who wins more games???
I haven't a fucking clue. I know they both win a ton of games, though. These aren't D league lineups.

lebron 53.5%
durant 50.1%

LeBron's game is crap for end of game situations. When the defense clamps down LeBron can't just drive and score. There aren't transition baskets. Durant is the superior end game threat because of his elite jumpshooting.

lebron 53.5%
durant 50.1%

Durant is at that shooting mostly jumpers.

Numbers don't always tell the story.

I know which one I would be afraid of in the playoffs.

Durant has unlimited range and isn't a streaky shooter.

By the way, it wasn't just the media that gave Rose the award as several players and coaches said he should have won it but keep believing in politics.

Talon

Not I. Lebron is definitely having a good season. But Durant is out of this world.
26.5-6.6-8.2 on 53.5% shooting or 27.7-3.5-8.1 on 50.1% shooting?

Don't see how the latter is out of this world by comparison, all things considered. Both guys are having great, great seasons, but Lebron's the MVP.

Do I like Durant more as a player and human being? Yes. Would I rather root for Durant? Absolutely. Lebron's having the best season.

This isn't right. Billups was at 24% in '03-'04.

Also, to what does the thread title refer?

edit: Parker had higher usages than Westbrook in '05 and '07. he was 27% in '07

Don't see how the latter is out of this world by comparison, all things considered. Both guys are having great, great seasons, but Lebron's the MVP.

If you spell LeBron James KEVIN DURANT then I agree.

BTW, I would probably still give it to LeBron. I think we've just gotten used to the ridiculous statlines he's posted over the years so his 28-7-7 line doesn't look all that impressive. I think you have to consider that he really plays point forward and has a lot more to say about his team's offense than Durant does.

lebron is the mvp, end of story.

- better stats
- equally as important to team (both teams would fall off drastically without them)
- might end up with the greatest PER season in the history of the game, topping wilt

Reasons why he won't win it:
- perception, evil miami heat
- negative image, the decision
- media hype/campaign for durant (a la D-rose last year)

i'm not even a lebron fan. not a hater either, i like the guy and think he's a good dude overall, just tainted by wade's influence and south beach. he's the mvp this year... historic season

28/8/7 on 53%, unbelievable numbers, + dominant defense...better than durant on D

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
This isn't right. Billups was at 24% in '03-'04.

Also, to what does the thread title refer?

edit: Parker had higher usages than Westbrook in '05 and '07. he was 27% in '07
Coach Nick was totally wrong then.

Do I like Durant more as a player and human being? Yes. Would I rather root for Durant? Absolutely. Lebron's having the best season.

nuff said

- better stats
- equally as important to team (both teams would fall off drastically without them)
- might end up with the greatest PER season in the history of the game, topping wilt

i'm not even a lebron fan. not a hater either, i like the guy and think he's a good dude overall, just tainted by wade's influence and south beach. he's the mvp this year... historic season

28/8/7 on 53%, unbelievable numbers, + dominant defense...better than durant on D

And the Heat aren't even tops in the east ATM so no.

- better stats

PER is a baseless stat. You know that, right?

Coach Nick was totally wrong then.

Coach Nick wasn't referring to USG% but percentage of total FGAs.

PG-Stats2.jpg

everybody there got to see first hand how carlos boozer manages to con his teammates into liking him enough so they can't get more pissed when he sucks it up

LeBron has Wade and Bosh
LeBron plays in the ease and team still isn't top dog ATM
LeBron is still a liability in the last few minutes
LeBron is great at racking up stats with out doing much

So no, KD is MVP

Who wins more games???

If you want the "Take this guy off the team and watch what happens" example, then look no further than Dwight on the Magic

As long as the Magic are near the top of the conference and he has no real #2 and still puts up numbers he should be the MVP every year

Coach Nick wasn't referring to USG% but percentage of total FGAs.

http://www.bballbreakdown.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/PG-Stats2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]That makes sense.

[quote="Talon-, post: 36554021"]I find Hollinger annoying as hell, too, - and am generally annoyed by PER - but I would like for you to explain why PER is baseless.[/QUOTE]Like, I'm pretty sure it isn't based on anything. I think he added arbitrary coefficients and such, and constructed his equation on his own.

I don't know how to describe it any better than: its baseless.

Talon

LeBron is great at racking up stats with out doing much
What does this even mean? Every stat that you accumulate in this game results in a positive outcome for your team and a negative outcome for your opponent.

It's not like LeBron is playing for some shitty team and trying to score 30/game to the detriment of his team by taking 40% of his teams' shots.
That makes sense.

Like, I'm pretty sure it isn't based on anything. I think he added arbitrary coefficients and such, and constructed his equation on his own.

I don't know how to describe it any better than: its baseless.
So you're saying you just don't understand the formula.

It's out there: http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/per.html

Top Bottom