• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something happen?

I just get the sense that he's just wearing on everyone, he doesn't really add anything except awkward moments when he's sensitive or tries to cut in.

Just now Barkley was like "McGee was great but Miller was the reason" and Shaq said "Well someone has to catch and dunk it" and Barkley was like "I gave McGee my props already blah blah" and they just kept going back and forth aimlessly, while Kenny had an awkward smile on his face.

zbo.gif

I just get the sense that he's just wearing on everyone, he doesn't really add anything except awkward moments when he's sensitive or tries to cut in.

I agree...chuck looked like he wanted to beat shaqs ass tonight..they stared down eachother for a few seconds. It looks like everyone is just annoyed by shaq

BobLoblaw

Banned
I agree...chuck looked like he wanted to beat shaqs ass tonight..they stared down eachother for a few seconds. It looks like everyone is just annoyed by shaq
This. Shaq hasn't brought anything to the table. His timing's bad, his voice is grating, and he tends to argue with Charles for the hell of it. It's gotten so that I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I used to. Hell, I'd take Skip Bayless over Shaq.

filler

Banned
Shaq does suck, but if the ratings don't go down, I doubt they change anything.

It would be amazing if they could get Van Gundy on the show. I think he'd fit in great with the cast.

I never found Shaq to be that funny anyways, only when he was a player and trolled other teams and players.

His thing is he's still all about the dominant big man blah blah blah, for example they started talking about Roy Hibbert's size being an advantage against the Heat and he interjects with "But he's a jump shooting big man!" and Chuck gets pissed and tells him to stfu

His insight as one of the greatest centers of all time is shockingly poor. When talking about Blake with only one rebound: "You don't need to rebound as long as you're scoring." Seriously? I hope he's secretly trolling us because the stuff he's spewing out of his mouth is embarrassing.

GAK GAK

I think Shaq even defended bynum the other day with the "Big men can't score if they can't get the ball!"

missing the bigger point as usual

His insight as one of the greatest centers of all time is shockingly poor. When talking about Blake with only one rebound: "You don't need to rebound as long as you're scoring." Seriously? I hope he's secretly trolling us because the stuff he's spewing out of his mouth is embarrassing.

GAK GAK

Just shows that playing the game doesn't mean that much towards being an analyst.

Canuck76

Banned
I think you just go back to the three man format. Charles and Kenny are already great foils to each other with ernie playing a pretty good straight guy.

If it ain't broke don't fit it

This. Shaq hasn't brought anything to the table. His timing's bad, his voice is grating, and he tends to argue with Charles for the hell of it. It's gotten so that I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I used to. Hell, I'd take Skip Bayless over Shaq.

Chuck won't swing at Shaq, but he will definitely swing at Skip Bayless.

balddemon

Banned
i thoguht it was funny when shaq said something to Siri about chuck eating donuts or something. and siri called chuck a fat ass hahaha

ernie couldn't speak he was laughing so hard...kenny was about to fall off his chair. even chuck was laughing. omg

Dear Best-GAF.

My phone died today. I was wondering what you guys thought I should get since I'm somewhat out of the loop with phones now.

I've have little experience with Android, but am pretty tech savvy (compared to the average younger person) so I'd be surprised if it was a problem.

Most important for me, other than using it as a phone (signal and battery), will be music which I'll probably use my google music cloud or directly on the phone. Don't care much about camera and don't care too much for phone games and videos would just be youtube (not using netflix on a phone). Camera not a big deal, either, and I'm sure most are alike by now. Also I will not be modding the phone.

Don't want to get old tech because well, it's old. I'm on a fallback phone right now. Also currently on AT&T and can switch, but would prefer to stay (don't get me wrong, I hate ATT but they all suck).

Anyway, I was looking at the HTC One X, Nokia Luma 9000, iPhone 4S, Galaxy Nexus and Note, or thinking about waiting for the Samsung Galaxy III. But I don't want to wait so long for the iPhone 5. Also, iphone 4 isn't LTE, which makes me lean against it.

Amazon.com has a $149 deal (and no taxes) for the HTC One X which I'm thinking about jumping onto for AT&T.

Any one got any advice.

PS: Memphis almost choked again. Cp3 and griffin both getting hurt, though. :(

Mothman91

Dear Best-GAF.

My phone died today. I was wondering what you guys thought I should get since I'm somewhat out of the loop with phones now.

I've have little experience with Android, but am pretty tech savvy (compared to the average younger person) so I'd be surprised if it was a problem.

Most important for me, other than using it as a phone (signal and battery), will be music which I'll probably use my google music cloud or directly on the phone. Don't care much about camera and don't care too much for phone games and videos would just be youtube (not using netflix on a phone). Camera not a big deal, either, and I'm sure most are alike by now. Also I will not be modding the phone.

Don't want to get old tech because well, it's old. I'm on a fallback phone right now. Also currently on AT&T and can switch, but would prefer to stay (don't get me wrong, I hate ATT but they all suck).

Anyway, I was looking at the HTC One X, Nokia Luma 9000, iPhone 4S, Galaxy Nexus and Note, or thinking about waiting for the Samsung Galaxy III. But I don't want to wait so long for the iPhone 5. Also, iphone 4 isn't LTE, which makes me lean against it.

Amazon.com has a $149 deal (and no taxes) for the HTC One X which I'm thinking about jumping onto.

Any one got any advice.

Iphone.

aznpxdd

Dear Best-GAF.

Amazon.com has a $149 deal (and no taxes) for the HTC One X which I'm thinking about jumping onto for AT&T.

Any one got any advice.

Doesn't seem like you have been locked into anyone's ecosystem yet. If that's the case, definitely go with One X.

Emwitus

Man, that laker's loss still burns. Looking at the highlights, it's amazing how many times miller scored over blake while kobe was trying to bring them back, yet brown never made an adjustment. If we could contain miller yesterday that game was a win.Dumb coach.

Mxrz

Shaq does suck, but if the ratings don't go down, I doubt they change anything.

It would be amazing if they could get Van Gundy on the show. I think he'd fit in great with the cast.

For some reason I thought of Stan first, and I was surprisingly okay with that. Dunno about JVG. I have no idea what him and Reggie are talking about most of the time.

I like Shaq, but not on Inside the NBA. Chuck, Kenny and EJ are enough. C-Webb also turned out to be better than I thought he would be after he stopped trying so hard, and relaxed a bit.

linsivvi

Dear Best-GAF.

Any one got any advice.

I'd suggest at least checking out Xperia S but that's probably the Sony fanboy in me talking.

aznpxdd

+1 on HTC one X.

What other flagship phones coming out this year?

S3 I guess?

Mamba, also remember that the downside of One X's sexy design is that it doesn't have removable battery or expandable storage. If those 2 features are important to you, better to wait for the Galaxy S3, which has both removable battery and sd card slot. Or like Giri said, you can pick up a Galaxy S2 for cheap, they are still really awesome phones with the only downside being lacking in screen resolution.

S3 I guess?

Mamba, also remember that the downside of One X's sexy design is that it doesn't have removable battery or expandable storage. If those 2 features are important to you, better to wait for the Galaxy S3, which has both removable battery and sd card slot. Or like Giri said, you can pick up a Galaxy S2 for cheap, they are still really awesome phones with the only downside being lacking in screen resolution.

I heard dream mention of a next generation arm CPU coming this fall. And isn't there another lumia coming out this fall as well? I know about the s3. But by the looks of it, id rather go for the one X at this point in time

aznpxdd

I heard dream mention of a next generation arm CPU coming this fall. And isn't there another lumia coming out this fall as well? I know about the s3. But by the looks of it, id rather go for the one X at this point in time

Lumia is a joke of a flagship though. Outside of its design, it has no redeeming factors (low res screen & single core CPU). Although its mostly due to Microsoft's requirements for WP7 phones...

S3 I guess?

It's 12Gb of storage, which should be enough. I plan on using my google play (eventually 7k songs once i ever finish uploading). And can store some music for emergencies. 5 GB would be enough.

The battery issue worries me if it would mean really poor battery in 18 months.

I've played with the S2 and like it. Which is why I'm thinking about waiting for the S3, but it's probably a July date, so not sure if I want to wait that long.

I'm rather get an S3 than S2. Don't like paying for old technology if I'm going to buy something new (unless it's gimmicky like 1080p when I'm too far to notice it over 720p).

If you've been with AT&T for a long time and have unlimted data then I say consider the iPhone. Otherwise I think Android is the way to go. Nexus, S3, or Note. Definitely try/feel them out on the displays to see what you would be comfortable with over a long period.

No unlimited. You know the main differences between nexus, note, and S3?

Lumia is a joke of a flagship though. Outside of its design, it has no redeeming factors (low res screen & single core CPU). Although its mostly due to Microsoft's requirements for WP7 phones...

I've yet to try a windows phone, but heard some good things.

aznpxdd

Well, the Note has a 5.3" screen and comes with a stylus, its more of a tablet/phone hybrid than a pure phone. It sounds silly, but unless you carry a murse, some pants might not even fit the Note in the pocket. Even with my Galaxy S2 I feel uncomfortable kneeling down with it in my pocket to tie my shoelace or other activities.

As for Nexus and S3 - S3 has the bigger screen (same res & both are pentile), better camera, faster processor. Nexus however, has the pure Android experience (no overlay such as Sense or TouchWiz), so it depends if that's important to you or not. Oh and obviously, Nexus is currently available and Google is offering it for $400 on their website.

diehard

Fleer
I would get an S3 if it didn't have pentile, and its GPU and looks weren't a joke.

ok why did nobody tell me Aesop had a new single out .. it is .. so great

Not too sure about the Nexus. Haven't messed with it before, but it was the original flagship for androids latest OS which helps its cause against the S2. ICS is supposedly coming to the S2 very soon though.

The Note is huge for a phone (its a mini tablet). I kinda liked it when I messed with it, but for long term factor it seems like a ridiculous size to keep in regular pockets daily. As far as the innards heres a rundown (win/lose) of a S3 vs Note comparison.

If you need a phone asap though, I think the S2 is good. I wouldnt consider it old tech even against the S3 specs. Otherwise the S3 is actually supposedly coming in June if you are willing to wait it out.

I'm not too sure about the HTC X, maybe someone can elaborate or you can always quick search it.

Not too sure about the Nexus. Haven't messed with it before, but it was the original flagship for androids latest OS which helps its cause against the S2. ICS is supposedly coming to the S2 very soon though.

The Note is huge for a phone (its a mini tablet). I kinda liked it when I messed with it, but for long term factor it seems like a ridiculous size to keep in regular pockets daily. As far as the innards heres a rundown (win/lose) of a S3 vs Note comparison.

If you need a phone asap though, I think the S2 is good. I wouldnt consider it old tech even against the S3 specs. Otherwise the S3 is actually supposedly coming in June if you are willing to wait it out.

I'm not too sure about the HTC X, maybe someone can elaborate or you can always quick search it.

Thanks. Yeah, the Note is bigger than I'd like.

narrowing it down to HTC One X, GSIII, and iphone 4s unless something else comes up or someone else makes a suggestion. :D I need to get in a store to take a look at the one X.

cr_blah_blah said:
If you're willing to switch to Sprint I think Amazon has the Galaxy S2 Epic 4G (Sprint's version of the GS2) for basically free with contract.

Sprint is terrible in LA from what I hear from people and have read. I don't know anyone who has been happy with them. You also pay a lot to get unlimited, but I don't need that.

Too bad...it's free and a waived activation. I might have pulled the trigger.

Thanks, anyway.

Pkaz01

If you can manage to I would wait until the iphone 5 info is released. You gotta use the thing for 2 years might as well get the right one.

I was dealing with the same thing when the Galaxy s2 came out and I waited til I saw it wasnt gna be the iphone 5 before I went for it. No regrets, I'd probably go with the galaxy s3 if the iphone 5 is a let down like the 4s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom