• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Piecake

YIkes... as a Suns fan, I can't imagine who we would agree to take in a S&T for Eric. Rubio wants max next year and we're not getting Wiggins.

Likely a combination of Pekovic, Martin, Shabazz, etc. I'd be surprised if any of our young prospects are included. I am not saying that you or the suns would agree to that deal with any of the players mentioned, but i'd be shocked if the wolves made a super 'serious' or 'reach' offer while offering a max.

Wojnarowski says that SOURCES say that Phoenix isn't interested in a sign and trade. Either they match or he walks. I'm guessing they'd match. If not, they'd want to at least get something for him, right? Do trade exceptions still exist under the current CBA?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That Ohio weather does a scalp good.
HMMQUiy.jpg

Jarlaxle

YIkes... as a Suns fan, I can't imagine who we would agree to take in a S&T for Eric. Rubio wants max next year and we're not getting Wiggins.
Don't worry. This is all BS. It's either posturing by the Wolves to help work out an extension with Rubio or posturing by Rich Paul because he's got nothing left to do in this situation and is trying to show that the Suns offer isn't fair and that Bledsoe is a max player ( he isn't). I'd still be surprised if Bledsoe took the QO. I'm not positive he'll be in PHX long term but I would be surprised if he doesn't start the season there one way or another.

zychi

Banned
Hello, NBAGAF. The waifu and I will be in Chicago over Columbus Day weekend, and I wanna hit up that preseason game against the Nuggets on Monday. Anyone have a suggestion on how to get decent tickets at a reasonable rate? Much love.

stubhub.com print em. preseason should be cheap

jptrey06

Why in the world would they waste their money on Bledsoe?!? K. mart/LaVine is already a good combo with Rubio. Bledsoe is not a max player. Not yet, at least. He should just take suns QO and accept the fact that he's only a pretty good 2nd option on his team.

Why in the world would they waste their money on Bledsoe?!? K. mart/LaVine is already a good combo with Rubio. Bledsoe is not a max player. Not yet, at least. He should just take suns QO and accept the fact that he's only a pretty good 2nd option on his team.

If they could turn around and flip Rubo that would be a sickass backcourt. Doubt they'd win all that much though. The problem is that I doubt anyone wants Rubio.

Rubio's key, I think. Thing is, Rubio wants the max and if we all think Bledsoe's not a max guy then Rubio sure isn't either.

This is essentially a dead deal especially since it's the Suns who have leverage. No other team has offered the max but the Wolves need a sign-and-trade to make it work.

jptrey06

Rubio's key, I think. Thing is, Rubio wants the max and if we all think Bledsoe's not a max guy then Rubio sure isn't either.

This is essentially a dead deal especially since it's the Suns who have leverage. No other team has offered the max but the Wolves need a sign-and-trade to make it work.

Yup, since the Suns already said no to a sign-and-trade. If the Suns are going to keep Bledsoe for this season, I feel bad for Isaiah and Ennis. It's not like they're gonna go for a really small 3-guard lineup because they're gonna need tucker for defensive purposes.

If they could turn around and flip Rubo that would be a sickass backcourt. Doubt they'd win all that much though. The problem is that I doubt anyone wants Rubio.

A Rubio and a high-flying LaVine with Wiggins at the wing is gonna be more exciting to watch, tho.

Clevinger

I feel bad for Isaiah and Ennis. It's not like they're gonna go for a really small 3-guard lineup because they're gonna need tucker for defensive purposes.

Shouldn't feel bad for Isaiah. He signed up knowing he'd be sixth man and said he's fine with it. Plus Bledsoe will bolt next year anyway.

Yup, since the Suns already said no to a sign-and-trade. If the Suns are going to keep Bledsoe for this season, I feel bad for Isaiah and Ennis. It's not like they're gonna go for a really small 3-guard lineup because they're gonna need tucker for defensive purposes.

A Rubio and a high-flying LaVine with Wiggins at the wing is gonna be more exciting to watch, tho.

Yeah I've actually been excited to see the Wolves even with Rubio. If LaVine and Wiggins even remotely pan out opposing backcourts are going to hate playing against Minny

jptrey06

Does the Suns Gm know basketball? Maybe he thought he could play 5 guards at same time. Why the hell are they chasing Zoran? They already have a deep backcourt! Don't waste Ennis goddammit he's Canadian!

DarkFlow

Banned
This was a stupid deal. I'm a suns fan and love Bledsoe, but he's not worth this.

Also that Wolves "Max deal offer" was LOL worthy. They couldn't even make that offer since they had zero cap space.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
And now Tristan Thompson wants $11 per for 4 or 5 years. Tristan. Thompson.

Prime Anderson Varejao only got $9-point-something million per you idiot.

Fjordson

Bledsoe numbers don't look terrible to me. Bit of an overpay, but not much if he stays healthy like Ninja said. And even less so if the salary cap gets bumped up as most are expecting.

Pimpwerx

Money given out from this season is going to take into account the tv money. 2016's free agency period is going to be hilarious, as everyone overreacts to every scrub getting overpaid. Salaries might be bumped 50%. PEACE.

Damn Rich Paul getting his clients overpaid well done. No way Bledsoe deserves that much coming off injury that means Raptors got Kyle Lowry at a discount by that rate. SUNS already got to pay Dragic next year max for sure. Suns salary consists of 27 million just for their back court players alone. Can you imagine next year when Dragic gets paid. TT has the same agent, Rich trying to get him rich too. No way Cavs pay that though. Can't wait to see the salary Rich tries to get for Norris Cole.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So damn excited for the season to start! Bledsoe tore his meniscus, never will be the same, really not gettin that signing at all.

DarkFlow

Banned
Bledsoe numbers don't look terrible to me. Bit of an overpay, but not much if he stays healthy like Ninja said. And even less so if the salary cap gets bumped up as most are expecting.

That's the big IF, Health. He's played 4 seasons, and been Injured in 3 of them. That's not something I want to invest that much money in. It's the reason we got rid of STAT, even with the Suns miracle working med staff.

Fjordson

That's the big IF, Health. He's played 4 seasons, and been Injured in 3 of them. That's not something I want to invest that much money in. It's the reason we got rid of STAT, even with the Suns miracle working med staff.
Hmm, 3 injury seasons? I guess I had forgot about the first one.

Definitely a risk, but still think it could potentially work out.

So damn excited for the season to start! Bledsoe tore his meniscus, never will be the same, really not gettin that signing at all.

well it depends on if he got the torn part removed or stitched back on, d wade had part of his removed in college and that's why hes in such a steep decline now

DarkFlow

Banned
Hmm, 3 injury seasons? I guess I had forgot about the first one.

Definitely a risk, but still think it could potentially work out.

Well one was like 72 games, but he only started 12. It's a dice roll at this point. If you go by Mins played in a season, he's never played more then 1841 his rookie year. Last year when he started 40 games (career high) he played 1416 mins. I don't think he's going to last.

iamblades

The Bledsoe deal is basically right in the middle of the previous 4 year offer and the max deal he was seeking. So basically they added a year and met him halfway. Seems fair to me.

Probably a bit of an overpay under the current CBA, but not at all if the cap goes up as expected. Suns lock him up for long term and they still have plenty of cap to resign Dragic and whoever else they want to in the future, or free agents.

If they front loaded the deal a bit it will be even better, as it increase cap flexibility in the future when the rest of their players start coming off rookie deals.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hmmm Bledsoe

I have to give his agent credit. Bledsoe, he who has been hurt more than healthy, who has had one good season to his name (the examples of players thriving off the bench but faltering when given starter minutes is miles long), receives a $70m contract. While I was 100% against re-signing Amare a few years ago, I'm not too upset with this. We won almost 50 games last year, and if we had Bledsoe for the entire season, I really think we would have reached 55 or so wins. I'm okay with building around this young studs. But not sure what we are going to do with IT.

Zeke

Baynes in SA for physical expected to resign with the spurs. With that the full roster is back to defend the title. So hyped for the season.

DarkFlow

Banned
Hmmm Bledsoe

I have to give his agent credit. Bledsoe, he who has been hurt more than healthy, who has had one good season to his name (the examples of players thriving off the bench but faltering when given starter minutes is miles long), receives a $70m contract. While I was 100% against re-signing Amare a few years ago, I'm not too upset with this. We won almost 50 games last year, and if we had Bledsoe for the entire season, I really think we would have reached 55 or so wins. I'm okay with building around this young studs. But not sure what we are going to do with IT.
IT will fit fine, they can basically rotate all 3 of them so we have at least 1 great Guard in at all times. I would make so at least 2 of them are on the floor at all times, just switch them out 1 at a time.

The Charlotte Hornets had been getting too much good pub this offseason, I guess.

http://www.wcnc.com/story/sports/nb...arrested-on-domestic-assault-charge/16225931/

Charlotte Hornet arrested on domestic assault charge

EAST LANSING, MI -- A current Charlotte Hornets player was arrested early Thursday morning in Michigan on the charge of domestic assault.

Jeffery Matthew Taylor, 25, was arrested at the East Lansing Marriott at University Place around 1 a.m. Thursday.

Taylor is charged with one count of domestic assault, assault and malicious destruction of property.

His bond was set at $5000.

We're working to gather more information on this story. Stay with WCNC.com for the

Top Bottom