• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

220° Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War $300 Collector’s Edition Revealed

Van Bur3n

You telling me this motherfucker is as valuable as a gaming console? That has to be a high quality statue to cost that much.

carlsojo

Uh... yes?

It's still the only game released this generation that actually feels "next gen" gameplay wise. The nemesis system brought a major innovation to the open world genre that other games still haven't even come close to matching, even years later. Monolith deserves all the credit in the world for actually taking a chance and innovating for once.

You liked it enough to buy the 300 dollar mythril edition of the sequel?

singhr1

Preordered for now

€233 for a Bronze statue and the €105 gold Edition.

Does it say that it's made of bronze?

You telling me this motherfucker is as valuable as a gaming console?

You know 5 new games = $300.

You know high quality figures/statues are expensive, right? Especially if made of high quality materials/metals. (Though, i'm not saying this one is)

You know high quality figures/statues are expensive, right? Especially if made of high quality materials/metals. (Though, i'm not saying this one is)

Yeah they are usually expensive but pack in statues in collectors editions have a pretty shit track record.

Lucreto

Does it say that it's made of bronze

I am not sure now

143250LELG.jpg

The image from the Trailer thread
mithrilgzu1r.jpg

The second image says Bronze

Timeaisis

Uh... yes?

It's still the only game released this generation that actually feels "next gen" gameplay wise. The nemesis system brought a major innovation to the open world genre that other games still haven't even come close to matching, even years later. Monolith deserves all the credit in the world for actually taking a chance and innovating for once.

$300 much, though? After one game? C'mon.

Mega

Banned
Pick it up for $29.99 at Best Buy in a year

$14.99 digital in under a year, right here on GAF's BST thread.

Uh... yes?

One good feature doesn't make for a good, complete game experience.

Shambala

I had to remove my safety glasses to re read that price to make sure I wasn't going crazy 😂😂

I just cancelled my Switch pre-order to be able to afford this highly coveted special editon. WORTH IT

I didn't, and this shit is fucking absurd

People buy high end collectable figurines at this price point and above all the time. Is there a stigma attached to that? If people are big LOTR fans and like the merchandise I don't see the problem in offering it.

Van Bur3n

That's why I added the latter bit to my post about statues. I've seen plenty that can cost up to $800, and appropriately so because they're crafted so well. But as mentioned in this thread already, the ones that come with the CE of a game are usually not of that quality.

Comparing the CE statue of The Witcher 3 to a $900 separate, quality statue done much later:

rockyt

I do not expect the final product to look like that.
Btw i love the first game and played the shit put od it, but 300 dollars is 300 dollars. Most collectpr edition package have crappy quality. Its better to buy standalone figma and so on for collectors as the quality is miles ahead above.

I fucking loved the first game. But if they think im gonna spend $400 Canadian for this, they are delusional.

Like holy 'ol shit. Thats kinda ridiculous in my opinion.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
If the statue is of Sideshow quality, then the price is fair. I've spent 300-500 on quality statues, and it's well worth it. If it's Skyrim collectors edition quality though, lol.

But what's with litographs and stickers and junk like that. Does anyone even look at it twice?

Did anyone really like Shadow of Mordor that much? Seriously.
Somebody at WB saw a lot of GOTY awards, and was blissfully ignorant to WHY it had gotten them. Since the sequel will actually have other interesting games to compete with, I'm predicting this to be a pretty big flop.

jtb

Banned
This game is easily exploitable because there are a lot of Tolkien mega fans that will pick up anything LoTR related. The whole game feels very much like an exploitation of these fans, actually.

really? I would have assumed that Tolkein mega fans would sneer at this type of non-canon stuff (the games, that is) that runs counter to everything Tolkein believed in. Hell, some of them still have a hard time coming around with the Peter Jackson films.

Top Bottom