• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 states on the verge of weed legalization (MA, CA, MO, HI, ME, NV, AZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevada would be the only state where weed and prostitution ( in some counties ) are legal

I lived there for a few years. They'd be absolutely stupid not to pass this. Especially since Oregon has, Washington has, and California will (just a matter of time). They rely on tourism. Not legalizing it and having people go to a neighboring state hurts the state's economy, it's idiotic. Plus, having gambling, smoking indoors, prostitution, drinking all hours of the day legal and not weed? It doesn't make sense.

The state needs the economic boost, or any economic boost for that matter.

collige

Banned
While this is obviously good news, I think there's a very real danger that once Marijuana is legalized nationwide, people will stop caring about drug laws and the Drug War will continue to ruin lives for who knows how long.

While this is obviously good news, I think there's a very real danger that once Marijuana is legalized nationwide, people will stop caring about drug laws and the Drug War will continue to ruin lives for who knows how long.
if anything, focus on harder drugs should rise once marijuana is legalized.

I don't really keep up with it, but when they say legalized it's still going to be controlled like Alcohol or any other over the counter medication right?

TomShoe

Banned
Make it legal and tax the shit out of it. Everyone wins.

Anyone got an idea as to when Texas might hop on this train?
i hope we aren't last

You'll probably be one of the last. Texas is bleeding heart conservative as it gets. Here's hoping Virginia gets it relatively quickly.

forms

Can't wait for this discussion to hit Sweden.

Who am I kidding, that will never happen. Weed is dangerous, the population can't decide when they want to buy a bottle of wine, but by all means continue to drink vodka on special occasions.

Dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom