• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

Sorian

Banned
Vote count per request:

CornBurrito (2)
TheWorthyEdge
EzekelRAGE

TheGoddamn (1)
CrimsonFist

EzekelRAGE (1)
TheWorthyEdge

Redfalco (1)
Xamtheking

Vote: CornBurrito

Barring anything major happening today, one pending conflict is CB vs Zeke, and his general aggressiveness (and the inexplicable alluding to burgers-- eat your burgers, Apollo? Or a blatant breadcrumbing of Maya) is a bit too much for me. Of the two, I'm leaning towards Zeke being town [and Zeke claiming also supports that. Let's see the tally.]

Also
On an unrelated but funny note
687474703a2f2f7777772e6272616e642d6c6963656e73696e672e636f6d2f4442496d616765732f6c697a656e7a656e2f6672616e6b6c696e2d6c6f676f2e6a7067

cherry-garcia.jpg

Just incase it wasnt clear, my power works every night. The vote is returned to the person i stole the last phase. So, unless I choose Squidy again, he gets his vote back the next day phase. Also if I should die at night, my steal command would still go thru. So if I should die and someone's vote doesnt count, that was my target that night phase.

Ok,no reason to keep it secret any longer then.

The thing that I was alluding to was this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=195657899&postcount=614

Reason: it's given away in the sample PM anyway, but a vanilla townie should have known that they still have names. Therefore to make this mistake, Zeke either had to be a town power role, or scum. Xam made the exact same mistake in Final Fantasy Mafia, and flipped scum.

His later posts on that page were much more obvious about having some sort of power role.

So my question is, I noticed, and I'm assuming that Scrafty noticed, so I'm assuming that we're not the only ones, so why wasn't Zeke targeted by scum last night? He was likely a power role, and less likely to be protected.

The thing that I was alluding to was this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=195657899&postcount=614

Reason: it's given away in the sample PM anyway, but a vanilla townie should have known that they still have names. Therefore to make this mistake, Zeke either had to be a town power role, or scum. Xam made the exact same mistake in Final Fantasy Mafia, and flipped scum.

His later posts on that page were much more obvious about having some sort of power role.

So my question is, I noticed, and I'm assuming that Scrafty noticed, so I'm assuming that we're not the only ones, so why wasn't Zeke targeted by scum last night? He was likely a power role, and less likely to be protected.
So, to put it simply, you think Zeke is claiming Wizard when he's actually a Warlock, right?

Just incase it wasnt clear, my power works every night. The vote is returned to the person i stole the last phase. So, unless I choose Squidy again, he gets his vote back the next day phase. Also if I should die at night, my steal command would still go thru. So if I should die and someone's vote doesnt count, that was my target that night phase.

I don't follow.

For why I didn't get targeted - CB/SJ focused on lynching me a majority of the day phase ystrday, so they probably figured they would continue their agenda, so why waste a kill. Assuming the RNH kill was scum and not neutral, they probably couldve used that to make a move to lynch me as well.

Yea, I screwed up there, especially the post after that about Kalor outing a power role. I just pictured the "I have this friend with a problem" think doctors or something hear lol.

Here is how I interpret it:
Every night our boy RAGE gets to choose someone
For the next day phase, that person has his/her/its vote disabled or otherwise taken away and RAGE's vote counts double
Yea, that's it.

wait what? you're saying you're stealing my vote today? or my vote yesterday? do I not get a vote today?
I stole ur vote last night, so your vote today doesnt count. It is returned to you after the day phase ends.

You can still vote, just won't count :p.

For why I didn't get targeted - CB/SJ focused on lynching me a majority of the day phase ystrday, so they probably figured they would continue their agenda, so why waste a kill. Assuming the RNH kill was scum and not neutral, they probably couldve used that to make a move to lynch me as well.

Yea, I screwed up there, especially the post after that about Kalor outing a power role. I just pictured the "I have this friend with a problem" think doctors or something hear lol.

If you have a power role, there's a reasonable chance that would clear you, so the level of suspicion on you prior to that would be less relevant. And your level of suspicion was declining after that.

Just to be clear though, that post was my thought process prior to you claiming, I don't consider it conclusive evidence of anything yet.

If you have a power role, there's a reasonable chance that would clear you, so the level of suspicion on you prior to that would be less relevant. And your level of suspicion was declining after that.

Just to be clear though, that post was my thought process prior to you claiming, I don't consider it conclusive evidence of anything yet.
They couldve missed it or figured they could still have enough clout to push a lynch on me today. Could be both.

Vote: EzekelRAGE
Tsl90s4.gif

Sorian

Banned
Another vote count per request:

CornBurrito (3)
TheWorthyEdge
EzekelRAGE
TheGoddamn

Redfalco (2)
Xamtheking
Drago

TheGoddamn (1)
CrimsonFist

EzekelRAGE (1)
TheWorthyEdge
squidyj

Now squidy, even though you apparently can't vote today, I'm going to need a serious answer as to who you'd vote for if you were able. In the scenario where both you and Ezekel are both against us, it would be rather easy for you to slip by unnoticed with either no vote at all or a joke vote on Ezekel, so would you be a dear and give it some thought?

Now squidy, even though you apparently can't vote today, I'm going to need a serious answer as to who you'd vote for if you were able. In the scenario where both you and Ezekel are both against us, it would be rather easy for you to slip by unnoticed with either no vote at all or a joke vote on Ezekel, so would you be a dear and give it some thought?
I would be extremely surprised if a hypothetically scum RAGE could steal a vote from a fellow hypothetical scum squidyj

As you guys can see from the vote count, if anyone is paying attn, I can't really go unnoticed w/o shadowing Squidy. Then I would have to lie about who I voted for if I wanted to hide my power, or hope Sorian got extremely lazy with counts lol.

Ok, so the role is real. I'm inclined to believe that it's a town role for now, in part due to you revealing it unprompted and not under pressure, but as you say, it's unlikely to have gone unnoticed for too long regardless.

Since TheGoddamn has started contributing pretty well, so I don't have a reason to keep my vote there:

Vote: Ri'Orius

Hasn't checked in yet, didn't do too much yesterday, so is kind of a null read.

Will read through Squidy/CB's posts tomorrow though to see if I agree with Zeke's conclusions or not.

Also, TWE, what was odd/weird about my vote on Kalor compared to others?
Especially since I probably had the most legit reason to vote for him.

squidyj

Ok, so the role is real. I'm inclined to believe that it's a town role for now, in part due to you revealing it unprompted and not under pressure, but as you say, it's unlikely to have gone unnoticed for too long regardless.

Since TheGoddamn has started contributing pretty well, so I don't have a reason to keep my vote there:

Vote: Ri'Orius

Hasn't checked in yet, didn't do too much yesterday, so is kind of a null read.

Will read through Squidy/CB's posts tomorrow though to see if I agree with Zeke's conclusions or not.

unprompted and not under pressure is not entirely true.
like he said as soon as he voted out of step with me he'd have risked being revealed so there was definitely a level of pressure there on him to come forward with this information, it merely came from within the construct of his ability rather than from another player.

I would be extremely surprised if a hypothetically scum RAGE could steal a vote from a fellow hypothetical scum squidyj

We can't discount the possibility, though.

miapearl-bench-profile(a).gif

Once you eliminate the impossible, what remains must be the truth.

Now squidy, would you kindly let the court know who you would vote for if you could?

For what it is worth, I completely missed that.

Honestly after thinking about it, I'm not actually that surprised that RNH died. If only one of the NKs is from scum (maybe they are both scum kills, but I'll operate under the assumption that the other was neutral/town for now), he would be the one I'd assume they went after. Leaving aside the potential breadcrumb (I didn't think anything of it, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of others didn't either), he didn't seem to arouse much controversy. On the contrary, he either stayed as a simple null read (as seen in Xam's read list), albeit (in my opinion) one of the more active ones, or was seen in a more positive light (see my reads list where I list him as leaning town or this post from CB praising him for his willingness to engage.) RNH didn't stand out too much, but at least a few people definitely felt at least somewhat positive about him, so he seems like a pretty natural pick, I think.

Ezekiel's power seems kind of anti-town when I think about it, but considering that there are some town roles in other games that limit voting of town members in some way (like the Bullet Time Battle role from Danganronpa Mafia), I suppose it could definitely still be a town role. I feel like it's unlikely a scumEzekiel would both choose to use his power and claim it at this point, so there's that too.

Ezekiel's role is actually mostly anti-town in practice, but that doesn't mean it isn't a town role.

I personally don't think scum would be saddled with such a visible PR role like that.

Top Bottom