• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

This is actually quite annoying.

Where is everyone? Just because they have their votes on me allows for them to not discuss anything anymore?

You guys are being more anti-town right now than I've ever been! LOL

Ok, what the heck are you doing?

Are you trying to egg everyone on to vote for you?

Nice Edge analyses, Roy & Matt. I mean, I don't want to turn my back on my former Combat Buddy, but I definitely have to agree that a lot of his activity so far this game has been weird, either going off of straws or strange theories. However, Matt, I do think that voting out of the gate is just something Edge does. We were totally Rebel... Not Scum in the Star Wars game, yet he came out swinging against Lord of Castamere.

Nah, that was just a skin condition. And I can cover that for you, but this thread'll get real weird, real fast.

Dude, again?

Do you mean you and Xam, or the inactives?

We made it pretty far too! XD

Yeah, that time I was going to name call. I realized afterwards that role claim would've been more anti-town than a name claim.

The inactives.

Ok, what the heck are you doing?

Are you trying to egg everyone on to vote for you?

This is interesting here.

So you're saying that as more people come they are simply going to throw a vote at me, and that I want to get voted out?

What am I doing? Trying to prod anyone for any type of discussion. Any type of discussion is better than no discussion. People can't just throw a vote down 1 day and a half before the day ends and call it quits!

You guys say I'm so anti-town, and give good reason, but you're not doing anything right now to further the Town win.

Sorian

Banned
Current Vote Count:

TheWorthyEdge (5)
CornBurrito
ScraftyDevil
Xamtheking
Matt Attack
roytheone

CornBurrito (4)
TheWorthyEdge
EzekelRAGE
TheGoddamn
Ri'Orius

Hipster Cthulhu (2)
Xamtheking
squidyj
CrimsonFist
Drago
TheWorthyEdge

TheGoddamn (1)
CrimsonFist
CrimsonFist

StanleyPalmtree (1)
Bowlie

Xamtheking (1)
roytheone
ScraftyDevil
Zubz
TheWorthyEdge
CrimsonFist

Drago (1)
RedFalco

EzekelRAGE (0)
TheWorthyEdge
squidyj
StarSketch

Redfalco (0)
Xamtheking
Drago

Ri'Orius (0)
CrimsonFist

squidyj (0)
CornBurrito

Matt Attack (0)
TheWorthyEdge

10 votes are needed for majority

Day 2 ends in:
blu_1456351200.png

Can I just say that I feel very uncomfortable about Corn, who's basically confirmed town at this point, hovering at only 1 vote behind the vote leader? If Edge is a villain, then it'd be very very easy for them to jump on Corn at the last minute and save their teammate.

Ezekel, Goddamn, I'd be very pleased if you were to place those votes elsewhere. Especially you Mr. Rage; those two votes could mean the difference between life and death.

Can I just say that I feel very uncomfortable about Corn, who's basically confirmed town at this point, hovering at only 1 vote behind the vote leader? If Edge is a villain, then it'd be very very easy for them to jump on Corn at the last minute and save their teammate.

Ezekel, Goddamn, I'd be very pleased if you were to place those votes elsewhere. Especially you Mr. Rage; those two votes could mean the difference between life and death.

He is? You getting confused with Squidy?

Drago

If you really think that I'm scum then vote for me. I don't understand why you are avoiding the fact.

I'm not avoiding it though? As I said in the post I made last night:

Chances are pretty high that you will have my vote before the day phase is through.

I was planning on putting my vote on you tonight, unless any shocking developments came up today. That's why I put a prod vote on Hipster instead, which seems to have done nothing at all. You still haven't done that name claim you said you were going to do hours ago so at this point I'm just going to vote for you now.

VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

I echo this sentiment. All drago has done this day phase was prodding people and giving a read list that consisted of 1 guy that didn't post yet and the 2 main lynch targets at that time. And now he goes "I find Edge the most suspect but will prod instead!", and his argument against Edge basically boils down to "what those guys said". Even if i take away the Quantumbro stuff, Drago is still pretty high up in my scum list.
Sorry that I haven't been able to add much of anything to discussion. That reads list I put up Sunday night was originally much longer but I realized that a lot of my reads were essentially just repeats of what others had posted, so I just put up ones for people I thought I could add something to, but I guess I still didn't add much then. My next reads list will have everyone on it.

Pretty sure Scrafty is scum because she isn't taking all of the thoughts in her head and putting them into the thread.
That was a joke.

I'm not avoiding it though? As I said in the post I made last night:

I was planning on putting my vote on you tonight, unless any shocking developments came up today. That's why I put a prod vote on Hipster instead, which seems to have done nothing at all. You still haven't done that name claim you said you were going to do hours ago so at this point I'm just going to vote for you now.

VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

Sorry that I haven't been able to add much of anything to discussion. That reads list I put up Sunday night was originally much longer but I realized that a lot of my reads were essentially just repeats of what others had posted, so I just put up ones for people I thought I could add something to, but I guess I still didn't add much then. My next reads list will have everyone on it.

The first post that technically proves someone is scum.

You put a vote on me because I didn't name claim. Do you understand what you have done? My suspicions of you have been fully backed up right now.

There is absolutely no other person that is more scum to me than you currently. With the whole QBro thing, you not voting me when you even said you wanted to vote for me, and what you just did there's no doubt in my mind you are scum.

VOTE: Drago

You wanted me to name claim. Thats, even though it's less anti-town than role claim, horrible. You put a vote timer on me so that I could do an Anti-town act.

Zubz

Banned
The first post that technically proves someone is scum.

You put a vote on me because I didn't name claim. Do you understand what you have done? My suspicions of you have been fully backed up right now.

There is absolutely no other person that is more scum to me than you currently. With the whole QBro thing, you not voting me when you even said you wanted to vote for me, and what you just did there's no doubt in my mind you are scum.

VOTE: Drago

You wanted me to name claim. Thats, even though it's less anti-town than role claim, horrible. You put a vote timer on me so that I could do an Anti-town act.

That doesn't prove anything, though. It's weird, sure, but it's something you said you'd do, and the post made it sound like you genuinely had a reason to want to name claim, and it could be assumed that it'd be pro-town. Granted, after last night, I'm guessing that name claim was probably a joke, but it didn't sit right with me, either. This post just screams of someone scrambling to find an argument. This isn't a new development, but at this point, it's starting to feel weird.

You've definitely become the most suspicious player, Edge. I don't want to do this to a former Combat Buddy, man, but at this point, your many erratic actions are striking me as weirder than Xam's constant points of zero substance.

Vote: TheWorthyEdge

star-wars-force-awakens-han-solo.jpg

That doesn't prove anything, though. It's weird, sure, but it's something you said you'd do, and the post made it sound like you genuinely had a reason to want to name claim, and it could be assumed that it'd be pro-town. Granted, after last night, I'm guessing that name claim was probably a joke, but it didn't sit right with me, either. This post just screams of someone scrambling to find an argument. This isn't a new development, but at this point, it's starting to feel weird.

You've definitely become the most suspicious player, Edge. I don't want to do this to a former Combat Buddy, man, but at this point, your many erratic actions are striking me as weirder than Xam's constant points of zero substance.

star-wars-force-awakens-han-solo.jpg

IT'S RIGHT THERE! HAHA!

Cmon.....I did say I was going to do it, but then people were like it probably isn't the best of ideas as nothing would come out of it and then Drago votes me for not name claiming?

Zubz. Man. I thought you were better than this. Nothing I've done screams scum more than what Drago just did...

He placed his vote on me because I didn't role claim.

okay so im not missing anything, but i think you are.
that was far from the only reason he voted for you.

also i dont think you ever said you had changed your mind about the name claim, someone (i think matt attack?) said it was a bad idea, and then silence from you.

Also if im wrong about any of this please correct me, i dont really have the time to go back and read through the actual posts.

okay so im not missing anything, but i think you are.
that was far from the only reason he voted for you.

also i dont think you ever said you had changed your mind about the name claim, someone (i think matt attack?) said it was a bad idea, and then silence from you.

Also if im wrong about any of this please correct me, i dont really have the time to go back and read through the actual posts.

You're not, but I said I was going to roleclaim and I didnt because it's stupid. I WILL roleclaim if it comes time tomorrow before I'm going to die but I feel like the thread will be so dead that no one will even bother.

So to recap:

Drago:
  • Is pushing for a roleclaim even though that's a really bad idea and should not be egging Edge on
  • Was holding his vote on Edge instead of just voting for him after calling him suspicious

Edge:
  • Has been...On edge...for a while now
  • Repeatedly said he was going to roleclaim (one instance was a joke that went sour, the other sounded like an attempt to get people off his back)

...I'm going to go with my gut for this one.

Vote:Drago

That being said, TWE you need to settle down.

You're not, but I said I was going to roleclaim and I didnt because it's stupid. I WILL roleclaim if it comes time tomorrow before I'm going to die but I feel like the thread will be so dead that no one will even bother.

People have lives, it's not your job to constantly bump the thread.

That's why I even debated about whether I should role claim or not, because if I did do it tomorrow chances are no one will even be there to bat an eye.

So to recap:

Drago:
  • Is pushing for a roleclaim even though that's a really bad idea and should not be egging Edge on
  • Was holding his vote on Edge instead of just voting for him after calling him suspicious

Edge:
  • Has been...On edge...for a while now
  • Repeatedly said he was going to roleclaim (one instance was a joke that went sour, the other sounded like an attempt to get people off his back)

...I'm going to go with my gut for this one.

Vote:Drago

That being said, TWE you need to settle down.

People have lives, it's not your job to constantly bump the thread.

Finally. Someone with some common sense...I know I need to settle down, but I can't right now.

1. Barrylocke [m] - Died N1

2. Bowlie [m] - Fairly inactive, but I think that's because he's new. Seems to be doing his best to learn the ropes.

3. CornBurrito [m] - I'm onto his scent. I've made my feelings on him clear, and I think they're easy to follow. However, this new development by ScraftyDevil, which came up as I was writing this post, must complement, if not supersede, my scrutiny. I have to rethink my position and consider other possibilities.

4. Crimsonfist [m] - Good contributions. Leaning town, funnily enough because of his prod votes on me. Still, I've only spoken at length about CB because that's all I could focus on at the time. I don't really play the more conversational, active GAFia, mostly because of my time zone being so out of sync with that of everyone else (especially with the seeming majority of players on the American continent/s).

5. EzekelRAGE [m] - his power has been conclusively proven, although that isn't proof positive that he is town (even if his claimed AA character was a good guy). I do like that he came out and said it without prompting, but as squidy-- today's recipient of Zeke's power-- pointed out, it was also driven by his need to appear clean in the event that the vote tally was scrutinized. Likely neutral, given the nature of his power to do as much harm to town as good. Xam's claim is reliant on his power.

6. Hipster Cthulhu [m] -- Notable by his absence. Null, but anti-town.

7. Kalor [m] - Died D1

8. Matt Attack [m] -- Excellent read of TWE. That was a town move; I doubt scum would bus this early (although considering that TWE's weird behavior could be seen as an extension of what his normal playstyle apparently is, this could all be a high-risk charade between fellow. But that can be tabled for now, and is a speculation train that leads to madness).

9. QuantumBro [m] Drago [m] -- He's done an okay job of repenting for the sins of his father. I'd like for him to contribute more, though.

10. Redfalco [m] -- null.

11. Ri'Orius [m] -- null. Also voted for CB, but interestingly enough, not named by Scrafty in her request to remove votes.

12. RobotNinjaHornets [m] - Died N1

13. roytheone [m] -- Town, for similar reasons as Crimsonfist. Good insight, too. Plus, I don't think he would have any reason to lie about being blackmailed. And I'm a sucker for that Missile avatar

14. ScraftyDevil [f] -- I trust Sorian 100%, so I trust ScraftyDevil 100%. Divine intervention goes a long way. I felt weird about her ultimatum, and yet I followed it. Why? I respect that she's the only living confirmed town to every player, and so she has to work in absolutes. The ultimatum mostly worked, thereby generating material that will be good for reads. Although I'm worried about her bringing CB out into the open like this (with a smaller, converse worry that she may be being led on by CB), I'm trusting her plan again now:

Unvote

15. squidyj [m] -- I'm leaning town, not least because of Xam's investigation (which I believe). But I do have a bit of a blind spot for squid given my Archer experience with him, which I'll have to rectify, especially with Scrafty's vouching for CB (i.e., at least one of the most active players has to be scum. But as it stands, that's likely TWE).

16. StanleyPalmtree [m] -- Notable for that opening post that CB jumped on. Voted on by Bowlie, and they had a little exchange about that.

17. StarSketch [f] -- Under my radar. Good insight about the events of N1.

18. TheGoddamn [m] -- I'd like for him to post more.

19. TheWorthyEdge [m] -- my entries on Matt Attack and squidy referenced this my thoughts on TWE, but his erratic behavior does point to scumminess. I've not played with TheWorthyEdge previously, but he seems to jump on every minor talking point with illogical arguments-- an easy way to seem active. If this really is his play style, it's still anti-town. Nearly every post of his that I've read has had me wondering what he was doing, and not in a semi-entertained way like those of Blarg and to a lesser extent Xam. However, if he really were scum, I doubt he would be so brash as to make the mistake of going for (sometimes unreadable) quantity over quality. I doubt anyone would be that ill-advised. Speaking of which...

20. Xamtheking [m] -- I believe Xam's claim. It was idiotic, and could have been saved for a better time, but the way he presented it was straightforward and logically sound. It was extremely fortuitous that Xam/Zeke/Squid we all involved in night actions so that Xam could make this claim. It's something that's unlikely if they were all scum and would try a gambit like this, drawing attention to each of them. Their being among the top most active players also suggests against them all being in on a farfetched house of cards.

21. Zubz [m] -- I like his stream of consciousness posts. Real hardboiled. Under my radar as well.

Finally,

I was actually considering voting for EzekelRAGE-- a probable neutral-- at this point, but as I was writing down the reasons for my decision (and correspondingly why I wasn't voting for TWE), it just made no sense to do it today. The main factors are the amount of time left and TWE's bizarre behavior, which is verging on a meltdown (in true Ace Attorney style). Points I was raising for a Zeke lynch include the fact that the win condition requires neutrals to be gone, the unwieldiness of Zeke's power, as well as the information we would get from his flip. However, we stand to gain just as much, if not more, from TWE's flip.

Initially, I was hesitant to cast my vote for TheWorthyEdge because I was adamant in my refusal to believe that someone who was scum would play so fucking badly. Nothing TWE says makes any sense. Had I avoided voting for him, I was going to say that if TWE was a town PR and was hiding something in his posts of "jokes" and being all over the place, it would take a much more patient and considerate reader than me to pick up on it. But that's already been done, by Matt and roy. But even if they were wrong, and TWE flipped town, the way he's been playing is just appalling.

Zubz

Banned
For the last time, why are people thinking I'm Gumshoe?

ani-gumshoe-grr.gif

I just really like the character, and am actually that pathetic.

My role!

You are Marvin Grossberg, Keeper of the Hemorrhoids

Your role is Vanilla Town

A veteran defense attorney that served as mentor to Mia Fey and Diego Armando. Not the brightest attorney but easily able to stand toe-to-toe with Winston Payne, as long as your hemorrhoids don’t act up again.

You do not have any actions, but you may judge your peers in the court of law (which means you can vote).

There ya have it. I'm worthless lol.

Should I hammer?

TG - If anyone pointed out the thing with my voting, it was me in several posts, I explained each scenario.

Sidenote - Earlier this day phase we were saying how it made no sense SJ was still alive since they would target someone like him due to activity, his activity has slowed down a lot compared to ystrday. Could be due to being busy, could be due to slowing down activity to not appear to be a good target so we don't question why he wasnt targeted. I know the xam read, but it was so weird, I'm still on the fence about it.

Top Bottom