• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

Wouldn't it eventually become very hard to avoid giving to scum after you gave your load (hehe) to all obvious townies?

Possibly. I imagine that's intentional. But I don't have infinite items. The worst case would be giving all but one of them (since Scrafty has one) to scum. I really doubt that will happen though. And I think I can avoid giving as many as possible to scum. And if I get really lucky all of them will fall into town hands.

Possibly. I imagine that's intentional. But I don't have infinite items. The worst case would be giving all but one of them (since Scrafty has one) to scum. I really doubt that will happen though. And I think I can avoid giving as many as possible to scum. And if I get really lucky all of them will fall into town hands.

Is it obvious from the items that you're town? I know Scrafty came to the conclusion that you're town from it, but handing them all out sounds like it could be a neutral win condition.

Xam, have you clarified what happens when you get a neutral check?

You get a check saying green for town, red for scum.

Can you give us an idea of what confirmation you get for each alignment? Not copy and paste from role pm though.

Is it obvious from the items that you're town? I know Scrafty came to the conclusion that you're town from it, but handing them all out sounds like it could be a neutral win condition.

Theoretically I could be neutral. I honestly think it was premature of Scrafty to judge me town.

The items themselves don't really give away alignment at all You can probably figure out what I gave Scrafty. I wasn't exactly subtle.

I suppose the only argument I really have is that I HAVE to give items out. If you believe that, it doesn't make much sense for a neutral. Otherwise it becomes "survive X days" basically.

Xam, have you clarified what happens when you get a neutral check?

You get a check saying green for town, red for scum.

Can you give us an idea of what confirmation you get for each alignment? Not copy and paste from role pm though.
I either get a result of town or I get a result of not town
Both neutral and scum fall into not town

roytheone

I thought about the items being a neutral win condition, it would make sense with the delivery failing if his target dies, it would make his goal a bit harder to achieve. However, that doesn't work with the neutral probably being a killing role.

roytheone

Theoretically I could be neutral. I honestly think it was premature of Scrafty to judge me town.

The items themselves don't really give away alignment at all You can probably figure out what I gave Scrafty. I wasn't exactly subtle.

I suppose the only argument I really have is that I HAVE to give items out. If you believe that, it doesn't make much sense for a neutral. Otherwise it becomes "survive X days" basically.

No, you would still have to avoid roleblocks and your targets dying. It's not the same.

squidyj

I thought about the items being a neutral win condition, it would make sense with the delivery failing if his target dies, it would make his goal a bit harder to achieve. However, that doesn't work with the neutral probably being a killing role.

it is possible to have more than one neutral.

Made another color coded vote. Purple for those who have claimed powers or we believe to be town. Since it seems we believe Xam, put his clears in purple too.
4781f67ec992a5a8bad9364a1977c7d4.png

Redfalco
And on that note
VOTE: StarSketch
TWE didn't ask me why I had you on my scum list, but he did ask about Drago/SalvaPot (likely town) and RedFalco, who showed up green as a button.
RAGE is bae.

All right, then.

I'm probably looking all kinds of scummy right now because of my vote yesterday and this, so I may as well explain the part I can.

I fell hook line and sinker for TWE's screwery. There, I said it. However, had the day not ended right after I would have called bullshit on his Role PM. I'm not sure if we're allowed to quote things that were posted after the retroactive placement of the mod kill, else I'd elaborate more.

Wonder if Ri'Orius could have been the vig kill. Nothing major, but there were a couple of interactions with TWE that were giving me a slight scum read on him. Would make the most sense for a vig to target out of all the night deaths so far at least.

Wait a minute, do vig kills still go through even if the vig dies during night phase?

roytheone

it is possible to have more than one neutral.

Possible, but a non killer neutral is probably in our advantage,since we will need to get rid of them to end the game, and Scum "only" need to get 50 % of the votes. If they don't have a survivor win, our win condition is a lot easier to deal with for them then scums,so they will probably help town.

Oh and

Vote: EzekelRAGE

I'd like to prove your power beyond a doubt (and that you can use it consecutively).

I'm wondering how or why ScraftyDevil was 100% convinced of minty fresh town scent, CB. As has been said, your need to give items could also be part of a neutral win condition.

I'm focusing on neutrals because of the town win condition, and unless I'm missing something, Zeke, Xam, and CB are the only ones who've roleclaimed (and whoever heard of a neutral cop?)

I'm also suspicious of StarSketch.

VOTE: StarSketch

Obviously I've got the whole day phase to change my vote if it comes down to it, but I think she's a pretty good candidate for lynch. Her whole play this game has been wishy-washy, in a way that gives me some decent scum vibes (TWE felt weird to me and he ended up being scum, so I guess it's kind of like that here.) Take a look at her vote on Ezekial. Then take a look at how quickly she backpedals. She's had weird stuff like this going on the whole game, most of which gives me the impression that she's struggling to find a vote that sticks without stepping on town's toes. Think about early on during D1 when she popped in to say say that while she wasn't ready to vote for him, she agreed with preliminary suspicions regarding Xam. And keep in mind that in the context of this post, suspicions about Xam were pretty much entirely based on his play in past games- nothing was relevant to this current game at that point. And when Crimson calls her out on this? She doesn't respond- the possibility of Xam being a viable lynch candidate at that stage has disappeared, and seemingly along with it, her suspicions. Then you have weird posts like the one about her role PM's win condition (side note: notice that TWE jumps in to defend her.)

Let's take a moment and work under the assumption that StarSketch and TWE are scum teammates. Outside of that TWE's defense for her PM-related post, they haven't had too much interaction this game... at least until TWE started feeling the heat from town. Then Star makes this post, which begins an exchange between the two, with Star seemingly against TWE for his weird behavior. I personally read this as an attempt by the two to cover scum's bases should TWE be lynched, as Star may appear more town having gone against him. In the end though, TWE seems to believe he's struck gold with a case against Drago, and Star agrees enough to send her vote in his direction.

Anyways, I don't think my case against StarSketch is is good as the one I made against TWE, but I think it's definitely worth keeping in mind. I'm usually good at forgiving a weird post every now and then, but StarSketch has made too many for me to comfortably ignore.

Sorian

Banned
All right, then.

I'm probably looking all kinds of scummy right now because of my vote yesterday and this, so I may as well explain the part I can.

I fell hook line and sinker for TWE's screwery. There, I said it. However, had the day not ended right after I would have called bullshit on his Role PM. I'm not sure if we're allowed to quote things that were posted after the retroactive placement of the mod kill, else I'd elaborate more.

Wait a minute, do vig kills still go through even if the vig dies during night phase?

You may talk about any posts in the thread, I just ignored any votes after a certain point.

Oh, and yeah, my post about StarSketch is definitely reads a bit more like a narrative than a fact list of anti-town posts, which I apologize for (as I know it's not necessarily the best way to make a case). Her posts could end up being truly innocuous, but I think the narrative works if she's scum, so it's definitely worth considering.

Sorian

Banned
By request, current vote count:

StarSketch (2)
Xamtheking
Matt Attack

EzekelRAGE (0)
TheGoddamn

8 votes are needed for majority.

Unvote

Well, there it is.

StarSketch's voting for Drago once TWE started his meltdown (great animation, Bowlie!) rang alarm bells for me as well. Although I'd like to hear her input about the posts post-TWE's Grossberg paste, first.

Matt Attack, if you're addicted to hyperlinks, please, get help, alright? We are here for you.
I agree, Matt.

Sorry, lol. I didn't use hyperlinks with my TWE post but I was worried that it wound up looking too long that way. I guess it might be more annoying to read through with all the links.

roytheone

They almost always will go through. Most kill powers happen simultaneously, so technically two killers could kill each other :)

Anyway, I looked at the votes, and

Vote: StarSketch

Your post where you voted drago looked very wrong to me. You say you are suspicious of twe, but still vote drago. To me this really came over as you trying to keep your options open: see if twe could be saved by lynching drago, but have the option open to bus twe if he is unsaveable.

TWE also voted Quantum/Drago on day 1, although it was pretty clear, going by the votes at least, that he wasn't going to be lynched on that day, so it could be meaningless.

Idk why CB is trying to paint this narrative where I role claimed due to a lot of suspicion.

The only person who voted for me was TWE, and that was because he was trying to use the RNH. No one was suspicious of me when I role claimed.

I would not fully clear salva, but I would definitely feel a lot better about him. Right now he is still quite suspect in my mind though.

If StarSketch were scum, her keeping options for TWE/Drago open makes very little sense if the latter two were also scum. Regardless of if Star is scum or not, why would TWE on the gallows try so hard to throw shade on Drago if they were both scum? An elaborate bussing that wouldn't gain traction and was bound to fail?

Top Bottom