• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

squidyj

Idk why CB is trying to paint this narrative where I role claimed due to a lot of suspicion.

The only person who voted for me was TWE, and that was because he was trying to use the RNH. No one was suspicious of me when I role claimed.

I do believe I was suspicious of you following in from day 1 and everyone would have been suspicious of you if you hadn't claimed.

roytheone

If StarSketch were scum, her keeping options for TWE/Drago open makes very little sense if the latter two were also scum. Regardless of if Star is scum or not, why would TWE on the gallows try so hard to throw shade on Drago if they were both scum? An elaborate bussing that wouldn't gain traction and was bound to fail?

That's why I said I would feel a lot better about him.

Also, it isn't unheared of scum on the chopping block voting for a fellow scum to try and clear that person when he flips scum.

roytheone

Name claim is fine. Dick Gumshoe. Shockingly not a cop or detective role.

f1765f6b0a8a6154cfe1365aa263311f.jpg

*prepares himself to be petted*

I do believe I was suspicious of you following in from day 1 and everyone would have been suspicious of you if you hadn't claimed.

This is literally your only post about me before my role claim.
why wouldn't a different killer try to frame CB and then Ezekel? It's a better play than doing it as Zeke, which would lead right back to his doorstep. Under your analysis some third party could kill RNH, to set up CB which if followed as a thread would lead suspicion onto zeke which would leave us wasting a great deal of time getting no closer to who the killer really is.

It's also possible that you have it backwards and RNH was the mafia kill for some reason.

furthermore are we convinced at this point that neither of the kills could possibly be town aligned?
There is no suspicion there, in fact it's the opposite, ur telling TWE his theory about me is wrong.

SD made this post at 809
I believe it is, yes. I'm afraid to bring it up first in fear of villains following my lead, but we may very well be on the cusp of a breakthrough of sorts.

I made my role claim at 822.
Why do I strike you odd?

I will go ahead and get my vote out.
Vote: CornBurrito
I still feel he would offer the most information at this moment, with nothing else coming up.

Sidenote: So uh, I figure I might as well get this out the way now. Since the Scrafty ultimatum and Squidy could randomly vote. When Sorian posts the updated vote count, it would just raise a lot of questions/waste time. With all that said, I steal a vote from a player and have a double vote the following day. I'm Ron Delite, Mask☆DeMasque.

I sort of hinted at having a power ystrday when I brought up how Kalor couldve ended up outing a town power role when he was bluffing.

I have to choose someone each night. So I chose one of my accusers from yesterday.

Also, suspicion from everyone wouldn't have been immediately on my if I tried to hide behind votes.

That's why I said I would feel a lot better about him.

Also, it isn't unheared of scum on the chopping block voting for a fellow scum to try and clear that person when he flips scum.

It's for that reason that I'm lightly scum reading Hipster Cuthulu/flatearthpandas.

First you have TWE's reaction to the first vote: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196273877&postcount=1024

Then you have this weird overreaction: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196277423&postcount=1042

Then a few pages later, he votes Hipster himself: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196379009&postcount=1185

squidyj

Yeah that was literally my only post. Which doesn't suggest that I think you were town and since I had you as scum in day 1 I think it would be safe to argue that that remained my position.

What I was arguing against was the faulty logic being used.

Not a good idea to be explicit about this, considering we may have a switcher afoot.

wait what?

Yeah that was literally my only post. Which doesn't suggest that I think you were town and since I had you as scum in day 1 I think it would be safe to argue that that remained my position.

What I was arguing against was the faulty logic being used.
It doesn't suggest you were suspicious of me either.

wait what?

Due to CB's claim of sending a gift to Xam and Xam not recieving it, CB had a theory about a switcher.

Your argument here
Actually, I know we said names weren't super concerning but...

Looking at the names of the dead we have: Gregory Edgeworth (defense attorney, and clear good guy in the game), PW (main character), and Miles Edgeworth (clear good guy pretty much most of the game).

We also have Scrafty who is Pearl.

Masque De Masque is a violation of this trend. I can think of some neutral win condition. I can't really think of the name as being town.

I also think scum was given a list of names, but a neutral wouldn't have been.

I don't think it is worth killing a neutral Ezekiel, based on what I think his win condition might be.

Also there's something I want to discuss. Name claims. Role claims are obviously still a no go. But the thing is that Miles Edgeworth was a VANILLA role. Names are no longer an indication of having a PR or not.

I'd like to bring up the topic of name claiming as a point of discussion. Should we do it? I want to see if this pattern of names holds for other townies. If no other townie comes up with some odd character like M de M well.... I'm more leaning to neutral on him.

Was based on some characters not having a power due to their name. But if your name is Dick Gumshoe and you had a power, wouldn't that contradict your idea?

You were a main character with a power role, so why would you try to fish out other name claims if it may have fished out possible power roles?
========================================
As far as Hipster/Flat
TLDR - Mafia killed BL, Neutral Killer took out RNH. Probably want to look into HipsterCthulu(flatearthpandas)/Zubz today since TWE questioned Crimson's vote on Zubsz Day1 and questioned Squidy's vote on Hipster day 2. Both votes starting off as random prods. Blackmail cards may be a way for mafia to hunt for neutral killer. Drago may also need looking at, TWE and him crossed on two occasions.

I think MA TG may be good candidates for the neutral Killer, since they really only comment when prodded or questioned.

squidyj

It doesn't suggest you were suspicious of me either.

Due to CB's claim of sending a gift to Xam and Xam not recieving it, CB had a theory about a switcher.

not what my wait what was about.
CB's switcher theory suggests a town switcher was used to protect xam, TheGoddamn's comment about a switcher in relation to stating the cop check would only make sense referring to a scum switcher trying to obfuscate the investigation. So why is TheG afraid of scum switchers? If scum had a switcher I think they'd have some higher priority people dead by now wouldn't they?

not what my wait what was about.
CB's switcher theory suggests a town switcher was used to protect xam, TheGoddamn's comment about a switcher in relation to stating the cop check would only make sense referring to a scum switcher trying to obfuscate the investigation. So why is TheG afraid of scum switchers? If scum had a switcher I think they'd have some higher priority people dead by now wouldn't they?

hmm, true. A town switcher wouldn't mess up an investigation.

Still, xam shouldn't disclose who he is going to investigate.

I'm also suspicious of StarSketch.

I haven't been too focused on Star's odd activity, mostly due to seeing her play scum in Woof, where she was barely even active, but reading through that last page, I can easily see how she could be scum trying to distance herself from TWE whilst also looking for a way out of voting him.

This comment in particular: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196419749&postcount=1201 kind of seemed odd to me at the time, but in the context of a bus, it makes more sense.

Between Star and Pandas, I think I'm leaning more towards voting Star right now

Vote: Starsketch

squidyj

I still have to go back and read through starsketch's history but I have to say I dislike how she's gone radio silent after picking up some heat today.

What it is, everyone.

I've read the thread but it was casually last week so give me a bit of time to warm up. Happy to answer any questions though I can only make informed guesses about what Hipster may have been doing in any situation and I don't know if even Worthy can explain all of his stuff. While I see where this suspicion is coming from re:TWE's so-called defense against the prod yesterday, and it certainly struck me as strange as well, I look at it more as him trying to shift focus onto prodders or how to use a vote rather than DM to protect Hipster/me.

is that the post you were writing 20 minutes ago starsketch?

I was a bit preoccupied with something else on my computer, so I ended up just posting what I had.

Anyway: I'll give the full context on the vote on Drago. I'll be honest here- I've been playing under the fear that I would get mislynched at some point based on my initial posts, and so literally everything I've done was an attempt to make up for that, and only ended up making me look worse. Most notably, the vote on Drago. I had him and TWE at about equal levels of scummery in my mind. However, TWE had a bandwagon forming on him, and I was worried that since I was already suspicious, everyone would accuse me of bandwagoning if/when he flipped town. Of course he flipped scum and now I look absolutely scummy.

I'd like to bring some attention to this:

Ok, what the heck are you doing?

Are you trying to egg everyone on to vote for you?

This is interesting here.

So you're saying that as more people come they are simply going to throw a vote at me, and that I want to get voted out?

What am I doing? Trying to prod anyone for any type of discussion. Any type of discussion is better than no discussion. People can't just throw a vote down 1 day and a half before the day ends and call it quits!

You guys say I'm so anti-town, and give good reason, but you're not doing anything right now to further the Town win.

I made similar posts like that through out the day cycle.

All my interactions with TWE were under the assumption that he was a Town player that was floundering, because I wasn't doing so hot either, and I've been in that position before. Also, if I were Scum, I could yell at him to knock it off in Scum chat.

As for the TWE role PM thing:

It's weird, if he did copy and paste it, why leave out the part about only winning when all non town players are eliminated?

I noticed this as well, and honestly, 'Keeper of the Hemorrhoids', etc. sounds too stupid to be real, even for AA. Then again, I didn't play the game he was introduced in, so....

definitely not, I just thought that particular concern stuck out

That's a good point. I was being extra careful, working under the assumption that switchers on both sides would be needed for balance-- which I suppose isn't necessarily true. And yeah, thinking on it, scum would use switchers to try to get "more valuable" targets. But maybe they have been, and our PRs have been lucky-- like Xam was on N1. Then again, scum could just be fucking with town with their seemingly minor choices for kills-- as it stands, town is 5:1 vs scum in terms of deaths, and we're only on D3. And all highly active players are still alive.

Edgeworth not having them is was extremely shocking and I felt it meant that name claims were potentially safe.

And based on the flips so far, I bet we'll be surprised in the end about which AA character has powers and who does not, and the kind of powers that they do have. Franziska's whip makes sense, but her being a killing PR (when her father and Miles were vanilla), really does mean that names barely mean anything. Plus, TWE's verbatim post proved that scum have a cover role.

Ezekel, you listed squidy as being on the side of justice in your list before but I'm still not convinced of his innocence. He's innocuous enough, but I could see him simply being a proactive villain.

SalvaPot

Hey beautiful jerks, I am here.

See this face? This face right here? This is a face you can trust.

Anyway, I gave the thread a read and I am extremely confused by some of your actions, but that has to do more with the fact that I may be too lazy to read through all of it and also because I was at school when I read through the majority on it, trying to ignore my History class. No one cares about that, I guess.

So what I am asking is, can anyone give me a quick recap? Most important stuff? This is what I got from what I read:

Scrafty is an innocent child. Cute, but useless. I saw some discussion about how likely she was to die early on the game, but honestly is on scum best interest to keep her alive. But now that its been revealed that Cornburrito is giving away powerful items, I have to say, its pretty obvious Scrafty got a good one. I was going to say this was a bad thing until I realized that now scum is going to heavily debate who to kill, and that is going to keep our power roles with good odds to survive, I thnk.

Xam is our cop with a weird Green/Red theme. Can't think of many characters that can do that, Blue Badger maybe? With his flags? They are those colors if I remember correctly. Eh, who knows, Sorian is weird. There was talk about targeting me, I am fine with that, or is it? Or is it not? You should, go for it, scum is going to be confused because of the possibility there is a switcher, so they may or may not believe you, and that said switcher may or may not target me, or who knows, just for the record (Because duh) I am ok with been checked, but again I want to remind everyone that we haven't had a single game when Cops are infallible, so even if a trust Xam for now, I can give the same pass to his investigations just yet. This is basic stuff and a great tool, so its heavily encouraged he keeps on doing it.

Then we have CB with the items reveal. Well that is fun, and even if as he said he can't stop distributing them, that means scum will consider not killing him in the hopes that they get their hand in those sweet sweet gadgets.

About who is "scummy" or not, I am aware that the previous players that had my role acted weird, hell, I am extremely surprised QB was not lynched, I would have. Now that I got his role I have to say... Well, I guess you guys will find out soon enough. Revealing your hand early on is dumb and should only be done when there are no other leads. Also, for those who remember me from the Harry Potter thread... well that was fun.

So yeah, help me out and fill me in. Can everyone tell me what they think is the thing I should pay attention the most so far in the game? I feel like I still missed a few details.

And where is Blarg? I want to vote for him.

Hey beautiful jerks, I am here.

See this face? This face right here? This is a face you can trust.

Anyway, I gave the thread a read and I am extremely confused by some of your actions, but that has to do more with the fact that I may be too lazy to read through all of it and also because I was at school when I read through the majority on it, trying to ignore my History class. No one cares about that, I guess.

So what I am asking is, can anyone give me a quick recap? Most important stuff? This is what I got from what I read:

Scrafty is an innocent child. Cute, but useless. I saw some discussion about how likely she was to die early on the game, but honestly is on scum best interest to keep her alive. But now that its been revealed that Cornburrito is giving away powerful items, I have to say, its pretty obvious Scrafty got a good one. I was going to say this was a bad thing until I realized that now scum is going to heavily debate who to kill, and that is going to keep our power roles with good odds to survive, I thnk.

Xam is our cop with a weird Green/Red theme. Can't think of many characters that can do that, Blue Badger maybe? With his flags? They are those colors if I remember correctly. Eh, who knows, Sorian is weird. There was talk about targeting me, I am fine with that, or is it? Or is it not? You should, go for it, scum is going to be confused because of the possibility there is a switcher, so they may or may not believe you, and that said switcher may or may not target me, or who knows, just for the record (Because duh) I am ok with been checked, but again I want to remind everyone that we haven't had a single game when Cops are infallible, so even if a trust Xam for now, I can give the same pass to his investigations just yet. This is basic stuff and a great tool, so its heavily encouraged he keeps on doing it.

Then we have CB with the items reveal. Well that is fun, and even if as he said he can't stop distributing them, that means scum will consider not killing him in the hopes that they get their hand in those sweet sweet gadgets.

About who is "scummy" or not, I am aware that the previous players that had my role acted weird, hell, I am extremely surprised QB was not lynched, I would have. Now that I got his role I have to say... Well, I guess you guys will find out soon enough. Revealing your hand early on is dumb and should only be done when there are no other leads. Also, for those who remember me from the Harry Potter thread... well that was fun.

So yeah, help me out and fill me in. Can everyone tell me what they think is the thing I should pay attention the most so far in the game? I feel like I still missed a few details.

Despite his foolish roleclaim, Xam is still alive. Running theory is that someone used a switch on him and one of our night deaths died in his place.

I'm on the table for being bad at mafia. Mostly for making really dumb reads and votes.

Blarg's in Love Boat.

SalvaPot

Despite his foolish roleclaim, Xam is still alive. Running theory is that someone used a switch on him and one of our night deaths died in his place.

I'm on the table for being bad at mafia. Mostly for making really dumb reads and votes.

Blarg's in Love Boat.

You escaped this time Blarg, but I am always waiting for an excuse to tunnel you.

Anyway, the post that put you on the line (The whole "my post says the same") seems like a normal post early on the game, it was really your reaction to it that put you on a tight spot, but to be honest I think you have been handling it pretty well, and you are still here.

Xam is benefiting with the fact that we have a confirmed 100% townie that is Scrafty, while she is alive, scum is going to second-guess any decision they might make, since every night she survives is more and more dangerous to them.

So what I am asking is, can anyone give me a quick recap? Most important stuff?

Zeke can steal votes during the night from any player, and on the subsequent day, this makes his vote count twice and that of his target count not at all. On N1, he stole squid's vote. On N2, he stole mine. His role has been proven (check my vote in the tally). Alignment has not.

Zeke and CB seem to be picking up an old spat from D1. StarSketch is looking very scummy right now.

If his tank were here, it would shoot missiles! Welcome to the Order of the Phoenix Wright, Salva. I am Mentok, the Mind-Taker!

roytheone

Since I am finally at a PC, here was that thing about neutrals I had written but couldn't access on mobile because google spreadsheets is a dick:

based on the win condition of edge, three options regarding neutrals:

option 1: all neutrals have killing powers. This will make the part about neutrals in their win condition the same as ours: they still need to be removed for them to win. Their being a neutral could even save us from a loss if they reach 50 % of the votes but a killing neutral is still present (but we will probably still lose, only just a day later).

option 2: The neutrals can win win scum, but not with us. Worst case scenario. This will make neutrals basically extra scum members, since they will probably actively work towards a scum win while also trying to achieve their win condition to maximize the ways they can win. Unlikely to me.

option 3: neutrals will lose when scum achieves their win condition and they haven’t reached theirs yet. Best case scenario. Our win condition is way easier for a neutral to prospone then scums, since we will need to remove or kill the neutral. That means that a situation would be possible where we killed all the scum, and only a non lethal neutral survives. Since no night kills would be happening, it would be easy to just let the neutral reach his win condition and let us all win. The neutral will be most likely to side with us.

out of those 3 options, I would say 1 is most likely, followed by 3 and then 2.

Also, lets take a look at the player list right now:

ScraftyDevil: Confirmed town, has received an item.
CornBurrito: Can give those items, confirmed by Scrafty (not likely to be scum)
EzekelRAGE: Can steal votes from people, will get a double vote in place, confirmed by vote counts (not likely to be scum)
Xamtheking: Claims cop (unconfirmed)
squidyj: Green checked by Xam (scum pr could still have influenced this)
Redfalco: Green checked by Xam (scum pr could still have influenced this)

Roytheone: Got blackmailed by probably Shelly de Killer, what that does exactly and the alignment of Shelly are unknown.

Crimsonfist
Flathearthpandas
Matt Attack
Salvapot
StanleyPalmtree
StarSketch
TheGoddamn (his vote got stolen last night, but that is inconsequential for him being scum or town)
Zubz

Out of this list of people that aren't linked with a night action yet, I am feeling pretty good for now about Crimsonfist (high count poster, but hasn't done anything too suspicious with the exception of being OK with the mass name claim) and Matt Attack (he is very reactionary, mostly only posting when asked things, but made that big anti TWE post well before it was a certainty that he was going to be lynched). I am suspicious of Salva (QuantumBro with his weird "I will just follow Scrafty and avoid any accountability for my vote" business, Drago that keeps prod voting for a long while even after he said he was suspicious of TWE, extremely safe read list) and Starsketch (A bunch of weird posts, but I remember from Gafia 1 that is just kinda how she plays. However, her interactions with TWE yesterday with the way she kept saying she was suspicious of him, but never go all the way of actually voting on him, looks VERY scummy to me). I think that between Drago and Starsketch, we have 1 scum, I seriously doubt they are both scum with the way TWE and Sketch voted for Drago. The 4 remaining players I don't have a very strong opinion on yet.

Top Bottom