• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | November 2012 Thread | Welcome Accomplishmenteers

jimi_dini

Really ? Damn, I even formatted my Vita for that. Dammit. I will check if its possible Thanks!

Oh wait, Vita. I thought you were talking about PS3.
I guess having multiple accounts on Vita is a problem. I think you need multiple memorycards for that. I have no idea, if sharing works. Maybe you could buy content on PS3 and then upload to Vita somehow?!?!

Rubius

Oh wait, Vita. I thought you were talking about PS3.
I guess having multiple accounts on Vita is a problem. I think you need multiple memorycards for that. I have no idea, if sharing works. Maybe you could buy content on PS3 and then upload to Vita somehow?!?!

Gonna try, I mean I dont buy full games, only PSN exclusive games, so might not be a big problem. I do not have access to my PS3 for 2 weeks, so I might as well switch my vita right now and see what happen then, and try to transfer with my PS3 in 2 weeks.

Thanks for the tips !

Returners

For each one that doesn't have a PSNProfiles card, anyone can generate it by typing the PSN on the front page. It'll save Steve a lot of work for this transition.

All the broken ones have profiles on the site though, so the problem seems to be on the server side.

Anyway, I think I might give up on New Little King's Story. I can't find Crazy Meat anywhere and I'm sick of looking for it.

george21000

testing

Picked up the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection after a bunch of trade-ins. I already have A Crack in Time, but I didn't want to play it until I at least went through the originals. I've never played a Ratchet game, so no more excuses!

Also picked up Dynasty Warriors 7 and Okami HD. The former will likely be my next long-term Plat.

That's a really good idea, based on my experience.
My first ever Ratchet game was Future Tools of Destruction, which I absolutely loved and wondered why I actually chose not to try the originals on PS2 at the time they released.
I then went on and played Quest for Booty and Platinumed A Crack in Time.

I bought the HD collection on PSN day 1, and am actually really bored of the first game and frustrated at it's terrible controls, this is entirely based on how awesome the PS3 games controlled, makes sense that the games improve with each iteration.

I'm giving it a rest before trying again, hope Ratchet 2 and 3 at least introduce the strafing control scheme.

Just bought the Sly Trilogy and Jak and Daxter Trilogy, might play the 1st from each, then the 2nd etc just to break it up and keep them fresh, don't want to let same game trilogy fatigue set in.

Sora_N

That's a really good idea, based on my experience.
My first ever Ratchet game was Future Tools of Destruction, which I absolutely loved and wondered why I actually chose not to try the originals on PS2 at the time they released.
I then went on and played Quest for Booty and Platinumed A Crack in Time.

I bought the HD collection on PSN day 1, and am actually really bored of the first game and frustrated at it's terrible controls, this is entirely based on how awesome the PS3 games controlled, makes sense that the games improve with each iteration.

I'm giving it a rest before trying again, hope Ratchet 2 and 3 at least introduce the strafing control scheme.

Just bought the Sly Trilogy and Jak and Daxter Trilogy, might play the 1st from each, then the 2nd etc just to break it up and keep them fresh, don't want to let same game trilogy fatigue set in.

Yeah I never had time to play the PS2 ones myself, for Ratchet. It's good to know that I should probably play the HD collection first before I play any of the PS3 ones lol.

Noi

21 trophies in Okami HD in a single 12 hour session. And I'm only 1/3 done with the game, lol. I'm following a missables checklist and checking it over twice.

brentech

Just nailed down the ACIII 'Perfectionist' trophy. Already have all the multi-player stuff, so I just have to do some various clean up jobs.

Joni

Platinum #77: Men In Black: Alien Crisis. Felt like a tedious and long Platinum. Then I checked my play time, got in six hours. The second playthrough was more fun than the first because you have immediate access to all power-ups. They should have done the same for the first.

Platinum #16: Dark Souls

My second Souls platinum, took me two characters and 140 hours, but my first character was for screwing around. Now time to make more characters.

@Dark Phoenix:

welcome to da club

What an enormous coincidence. Do you know where to get Crazy Meat? I've completed the list of monsters and am right before the very end, yet still don't have it. Someone on the PS3Trophies.org board said to kill the cows around Sobamanjaro, yet it hasn't resulted in a thing for me after a ton of tries and hasn't worked for others with the same problem.

Hey LiquidSolid, just saw your comment now. I really have no idea where I found Crazy Meat, I didnot pay attention when or where I got it, sorry can't help you. :(

ScrubJay

Got to trophy level 20 this week. The trophy hunting continues.

When updating my profile to psnprofiles, I noticed it said I had played 134 games. Eep. I know I play a lot but it really sinks in when you see that number.

BHK3

Banned
Gonna try and pick up max payne 3 black friday, also gonna see if I can find sonic generations on sale too.

Footos22

Finally finished Tales of graces F. 65 hours to do all arcs. Did a fair few inn requests. Will go back and finish the rest later. then i just need to do a new game + for the beat bosses in 60 second trophies apart from the last 2 i destroyed them with the piggy back method before beating them normally. Gonna probably take another 65 hours to be honest. But theres plenty of time later. Finished the game being bang on level 100. Not sure how hard the zhonecage is so might give that a shot before i start playing other things.

Atolm

So Sumo went crazy with Sonic ASRT. I'm sure it'll be a very rare platinum. Not only has 4-player split screen achievements/trophies, also the last World Tour races are very hard with expert difficulty (needed to get all the stars). It's like Phantom Elite for Wipeout HD or the last campaign levels for Motorstorm PR.

rataven

With the patch out this week, I think I'm going to go for the ACIII platinum, only after I finish the game so I'm not stressing about the sync conditions.

Jurassic the Hunted is the biggest crock of crap I every played. Glitches left and right. I'm so mad that I beat the game on the Hardest Difficulty and that Achievement did not unlocked.

Noi

Almost done with Okami. Forgot about a missable trophy halfway through the game, but getting there is a cinch once I have all my NG+ goodies and can just zoom through the main game without worrying about collectibles.

Footos22

Yes, looks like i'll be getting my walking dead platinum tonight.
All over my facccce. Never been so hyped for a game.

Started black ops 2 last night on ps3. first 2 missions were pretty boring and this game is ugly as hell. Multiplayer was fun until Sky fibre optic went up the swanny. only just sorted it 10 mins ago.

So tonight ill be finishing off that Gem, and maybe do some more inn requests in tales of graces f.

Man, platinums have been slow for me the last couple of months.
I'm SLOWLY working my way through MGS2 Vita and it's been a pain in the ass to get a buddy of mine online to finish up RE6. In the meantime, though, I platinum the first Zone of the Enders. Pretty easy, very fast.

brentech

18th platinum by going back and over the last week and taking Unit 13 from 23% to 100%.

A lot of terrorists were killed.

brentech

Oy What a fucking Disaster this turning out to be

Fuck my life....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498257

That's crazy. I started getting errors when installing downloaded content.....talked to a rep and got the problem resolved, but since have gotten errors when downloading content. All of this started happening in last 4 months or something like that. The error I get when it just stops a download midway in....is not in their knowledge base, so that's beautiful.

I'm really happy with PS+ and all, but as they keep making more and more changes, they're obviously breaking things. They need to do more internal testing before throwing out new stores and shit.

My issues with downloading on psn were slow speeds then 10% into installing a corrupt message... Sony was clueless I was pissed. Co incidentally I switched from bright house to century link a week or so after having the issue and since everything works fast and as it should.

Well, I guess The Walking Dead will be Platinum number 10 once I play it later :)

So glad it got a proper release on time in Europe for once.

Success!

Platinum #10: The Walking Dead

Most straight forward Plat so far for me, just by playing it through you get them all, great story, great game.

daevv

I asked for the disc version (PS3) for Christmas. I showed the demo to my wife and she want's to watch me play but have a hand in the decisions. Sounds good to me!

I've been pluggin away at Black Ops for PS3 and Black Ops for Vita. I've been getting trophies and following guides but lately I couldn't care less if I 100% or Platinum a game. I think the trophy bug is leaving to be honest.

Well, I guess The Walking Dead will be Platinum number 10 once I play it later :)

So glad it got a proper release on time in Europe for once.

Success!

Most straight forward Plat so far for me, just by playing it through you get them all, great story, great game.

That was fast, congrats.

Since my copy of NFS:MW is in the mail, I decided to go back and grind out Most Wanted 2005. Not sure if I feel good or bad for grinding that relatively easy 1000/1000.

I asked for the disc version (PS3) for Christmas. I showed the demo to my wife and she want's to watch me play but have a hand in the decisions. Sounds good to me!

I've been pluggin away at Black Ops for PS3 and Black Ops for Vita. I've been getting trophies and following guides but lately I couldn't care less if I 100% or Platinum a game. I think the trophy bug is leaving to be honest.

The retail version of Walking Dead isn't coming out this year though, is it? I might get it, as it never got released on the Aus/NZ PSN.

I finished New Little King's Story and got all the endings but still couldn't find that one Crazy Meat, so I'm a single bronze trophy away from the platinum. So annoying.

Also playing WWE '13 at the moment. I'm not bothering with the platinum, as it requires a TON of online grinding but I'll try to get all the other trophies. Fooled around in Exhibition, WWE Universe mode and all the WWE Creations modes and managed to get pretty much all those those trophies. I've basically just got the Attitude Era ones left now.

Holy shit at the WWE '13 save file though. 3GB.

daevv

Jurassic the Hunted is the biggest crock of crap I every played. Glitches left and right. I'm so mad that I beat the game on the Hardest Difficulty and that Achievement did not unlocked.

I feel ya pain, I did it on the PS3 this year. I thought the hard difficulty was easier using the lazer/space pistol. Replaying it more than twice would suck either way. I've been looking for the game to replay on 360 but it's hard to find in my area outside of ebay.

Risgroo

I've earned a lot of trophies in Blops 2, and once I get intel(two more missions) and challenges out of the way I'll only have zombies left. Sadly, the "Tower of Babble" trophy looks damn near impossible. I might be able to get some friends together and go for it, but I doubt it.

brentech

Some people complain that the trophies are too simplistic, but I'm glad they went that route. If they separated trophies based on choices, people wouldn't just live with the decisions they made and feel the whole effect of what they've done.
It's the whole principle of the game.

Some people complain that the trophies are too simplistic, but I'm glad they went that route. If they separated trophies based on choices, people wouldn't just live with the decisions they made and feel the whole effect of what they've done.
It's the whole principle of the game.

Exactly my thoughts.

I don't want to play through the game again just to make different decisions (or just the opposite) at the main story branches to get trophies, but I would like to see what would happen if I did this instead of that, or I wonder if that person would have lived if I did that etc

Overall I'm happy with the choices I made, they were my first instinct, and as it shows at the end of each episode, I probably matched about 70% of the other players.

Concept17

Finally got around to playing Uncharted 3. Forgot how awesome the game is.

How difficult is Crushing? I want to play through it again, but I have other games waiting around for me, including U: GA.

Derrick01

Banned
So while I was banned I platinum'd Ratchet Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal, completing my first HD trilogy! I only got 1 on the Jak games and only got plats on Sly 1 and 2.

I also got walking dead but that doesn't count as much since all you need to do is finish it. But yeah 3 plats in a 3-4 days is a record for me :p

Up to 13 plats now by the way.

I started Ratchet & Clank with my kids and we're four or five planets in with no trophies yet? Weird.

No I was the same. It takes a while unless you know beforehand what skill points you can get or where the gold bolts are.

brentech

Exactly my thoughts.

I don't want to play through the game again just to make different decisions (or just the opposite) at the main story branches to get trophies, but I would like to see what would happen if I did this instead of that, or I wonder if that person would have lived if I did that etc

Overall I'm happy with the choices I made, they were my first instinct, and as it shows at the end of each episode, I probably matched about 70% of the other players.
I was the other way around. Most people tried to save everyone it looks like. I usually tried to do what I thought would be best for Clem and myself..... Didn't work out great since there was only 3 adults left starting episode 5 with me.

Top Bottom