• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | November 2012 Thread | Welcome Accomplishmenteers

daevv

I've earned a lot of trophies in Blops 2, and once I get intel(two more missions) and challenges out of the way I'll only have zombies left. Sadly, the "Tower of Babble" trophy looks damn near impossible. I might be able to get some friends together and go for it, but I doubt it.
I find the challenges are like having to get 10 extra trophies per level. All the requirements read like trophy requirements.

Since this is the first game with online trophies. This is also the first time I've played a COD online...it's not very fun. I prefer the modes in Battlefield or Medal of Honor over the COD ones. I cannot find anywhere that tracks my Combat Training wins either. You need 10 for one of the trophies.

How difficult is Crushing? I want to play through it again, but I have other games waiting around for me, including U: GA.

If you have finished any of the other ones on Crushing you won't have a problem with this one. No really annoying end boss makes it easier too.

Tizoc

Ugh YGC hasn't updated with my new Trophies yet =/

Won't bother Platinuming Transformed Racing until/unless they at least tone down on Expert difficulty.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Currently working on acquiring all UC3 mp trophies, and Im enjoying so far. Got Deathless thus far - completeing a co-op adventure on hard without dying once.

Nice that all my stats from the Uc3 beta a year ago are is still active.

Noi

Plat #77: PlayStation All-Stars Smash Bros

Probably the easiest plat I've gotten from a fighting game. Smart move, they'll definitely get some extra sales from the easy trophy list + separate lists for PS3 and Vita.

Plat 78 should be Okami once I get back to the point where I can get the trophy I missed...

Edit: Yuuup, there we go.

Plat #78: Okami HD

Three games in one for $20. Good value!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
BLACK FRIDAY BITCHES!!!

WOT WOT WAT!!?!

Well 6AM Thursday till 2:30AM Friday

That was my Black Friday pillage session

The Booty!

Vr4Mvl.jpg

cbHOSl.jpg

T9voll.jpg

$4,500 worth of items, for roughly $2,000

Hooray!

I'm retired till Super OLED or Ultrabook are cheap, I'm saying 55" for roughly $800-$1000, Ultra roughly $500-$800 range
So next year... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL (need a 2-3 year break)

Footos22

Probably the easiest plat I've gotten from a fighting game. Smart move, they'll definitely get some extra sales from the easy trophy list + separate lists for PS3 and Vita.

Plat 78 should be Okami once I get back to the point where I can get the trophy I missed...

Edit: Yuuup, there we go.

Plat #78: Okami HD

Three games in one for $20. Good value!

lol it really is, i cant wait to dive back in i remember when i had it on the ps2 only did the first "last boss" and took so long anyway i never bothered playing the other 2 thirds f the game, Didnt even realise all stars was out. oh well. might ask for it for christmas. No vita for me anymore though :(

Noi

Plat #79: The Walking Dead

So glad that TT finally changed the trophy format for their series. It was frustrating playing all the episodes for previous series to get no plat, but all the different episodes clog the list. :( So jealous of everyone who waited for the disc version of BTTF.

Dunno what to go for next. Maybe I should start Ratchet & Clank...

lol it really is, i cant wait to dive back in i remember when i had it on the ps2 only did the first "last boss" and took so long anyway i never bothered playing the other 2 thirds f the game, Didnt even realise all stars was out. oh well. might ask for it for christmas. No vita for me anymore though :(

Just keep in mind that there's three missable trophies! I forgot about the first of the three and had to play about 1/4 of the game again, but thankfully the 100 stray beads reward and ignoring all the collectibles makes the game go by faster.

daevv

I was wondering how the trophies were in that. I may have to get it when the price goes down. Separate lists as in 2 plats, one Vita one PS3?

Archon473

I was wondering how the trophies were in that. I may have to get it when the price goes down. Separate lists as in 2 plats, one Vita one PS3?

Trophies are gloriously easy, especially online trophies, and you can sign in to PSN with the PS3 Platinum on your Vita and instantly pop the Vita Platinum (the lists are identical). Fighting games are notorious for having awful trophy lists due to the nature of those games and the lack of creativity on developers' ends. I should not have to grind 2000 Super/Ultra/Gamma/Omega finishers

Archon473

PSASBR will not be my go-to versus game, but it did win me over with the singleplayer content. It will be worth playing for the challenges and trophies and just screwing around against the AI more than other people.

Noi

Which character is better for the online trophies in PSAS?

Raiden. Super easy to do triple kills with, best level 1 in the game, stupid good AP gain rate, has mobility options to avoid other supers. If you're going for the no kill trophy, it's easiest to do it in a 2v2 match.

Just plat'd Xillia 2. Glad it's finally done so I can move on and pretend I never experienced that shockingly bad ending. Demon's Souls is up next, should only take a few days to do the NG+ and NG++ stuff.

Trophies are gloriously easy, especially online trophies, and you can sign in to PSN with the PS3 Platinum on your Vita and instantly pop the Vita Platinum (the lists are identical). Fighting games are notorious for having awful trophy lists due to the nature of those games and the lack of creativity on developers' ends. I should not have to grind 2000 Super/Ultra/Gamma/Omega finishers

I was under the impression that you couldn't do that, as it only uploads your profile to their servers, not your progress or trophies, so while there are two lists, you have to actually platinum it twice to get both of them. Have they fixed this or were the impressions that I heard wrong?

I'm playing All Stars now. I've already got a ton of the trophies, I just need to finish arcade mode with everyone and get the online trophies. Given that I'm not much of a Smash Bros fan, I'm surprised at how much I really like this game. It's really not that similar at all.

Finished playing WWE 13 yesterday at 82% and that's as far as I'm going because fuck those online trophies. If they were reasonable trophies then I'd give it a shot but that grind? No. Overall I liked the game but Attitude mode sucked.

Archon473

Raiden. Super easy to do triple kills with, best level 1 in the game, stupid good AP gain rate, has mobility options to avoid other supers. If you're going for the no kill trophy, it's easiest to do it in a 2v2 match.

Can an instant kill Level 3 like Parappa's or Heihachi's net you the triple kill trophy?

I was under the impression that you couldn't do that, as it only uploads your profile to their servers, not your progress or trophies, so while there are two lists, you have to actually platinum it twice to get both of them. Have they fixed this or were the impressions that I heard wrong?

Oh, perhaps I am wrong. The way Omar spoke on IGN, I got the impression you could auto-Platinum the Vita version once you Platinum'd the PS3 version. I do not own a Vita so I cannot confirm.

Noi

Can an instant kill Level 3 like Parappa's or Heihachi's net you the triple kill trophy?

Yeah, it just has to be a triple kill. There's one trophy that wants you to triple kill with a level 1, but that can be done in SP.

PS All Stars has a seperate trophy list? I thought they were moving away from that model?

That's what I thought as well, until someone in the OT for it told me otherwise. I was surprised!

daevv

Been reading on ps3trophies.org and it looks like PASBR has 2 separate lists but doing one doesn't unlock the other. You get 2 platinum's but have to do each trophy twice. Still not a bad deal as the difficulty rating is currently a 2 out 10.

SykoTech

Yeah, the PS All-Stars trophies are super easy. I only had two sessions of online play and wasn't even going for trophies, yet I got them all. Except the one where you invite someone to a Versus Match. Just have to do that and wrap up the easy single player ones, and boom. Too busy playing local multiplayer right now though.

As for Sega Racing Transformed, the trophies seem very tedious compared to the first game. Also, I've yet to play on Expert, just Hard. But given how annoying the AI can be on Hard, Expert might reach Mario Kart Wii levels of fustration.

Anyone doing Zombies on BO2 PS3? Need some people for Tower of Babble.

Gonna get to it when I prestige (lvl 50 now). Some other people ITT want it too so maybe we can make it happen.

EDIT: I read on PS3trophies that people claim to get the trophy in 2P co-op. A user outlined it here

daevv

Anyone doing Zombies on BO2 PS3? Need some people for Tower of Babble.

Gonna get to it when I prestige (lvl 50 now). Some other people ITT want it too so maybe we can make it happen.

EDIT: I read on PS3trophies that people claim to get the trophy in 2P co-op. A user outlined it here

If your looking for a 3rd and we can get our times together I'll join. I'm switching back and forth between MP and SP at the moment. Haven't read any walkthroughs for the zombie ones yet but I'm working tonight so I'll read them there. ;)

PSN: daevv

Other than Golden Axe which I already have I picked up all the SEGA Vintage Collection's that are on sale. Started Revenge of Shinobi in the Alex Kidd & Co. collection and it was like riding a bike! I must of finished the original on my Genesis a tonne of times! Great fun and with the save state function waaaayy less frustrating!

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
finally got the last 3 remaining achievements in L.A. Noire because i had stomach problems, that stuff wasn't too bad. Noire will probably the only rockstar game i ever 100%, their other games seem a little too crazy to me.

Cudder

Going for the Silent Hill 3 plat now. It's really easy. Just missed getting the possessed ending by about 150 points, so now I have to do a whole 'nother run through just to get that ending. Damnit!

Just got my 28th Platinum Trophy:

photoll.jpg

Next: Going for Ratchet & Clank FFA this week... then I will have both ACIII and RE6 to work on them for the rest of the year.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Still stuck @ aunt's house, close to half a week away from Trophy collecting

Was going to do Vita marathons, but my baby niece is murdering in the adorable/cuteness factor, so I'm stuck in her trance

So FFXIV & my baby niece are my kryptonite from trophy whoring!

Nice haul Graverobber, always like seeing your pickup pics and setup/backlog (lol) pics.

I hear you with anticipating FFXIV's list, but do you have a 360? FFXI is on there with a huge list that takes 1-3 years or more to complete. I don't know, I'd just feel guilty playing only XIV and not completing XI's list. Not that it's very realistic if you have a taste of playing different games instead of playing one for all that time. With all the trophy lists and all these days, not sure I could stick on one for over a year.

PS All Stars has a seperate trophy list? I thought they were moving away from that model?

Retro City Rampage, When Vikings Attack and I think in the future I heard the new Sly game will have a "PS3+Vita" list. Any others that exist now or soon? Maybe Ratchet FFA/Q-Force?

I think Sony didn't realize that they needed to "merge" the lists with early PS3 + Vita games, and took the lazy way out of making two lists. Please note the "double Platinum" stuff is not what was intended on happening, it was merely a side effect of two lists and save sharing (save sharing was the point, to take your progress on the go, not embark on a new trophy list). Basically it's almost the same thing cheaters are doing: tricking a fresh trophy list with a completed save to think you did everything and it all pops. Just because the trophy community sites are seeing it as acceptable, this is "gamesaving"; Sony's mistake, not an intentional reward. Just keep that in mind.

If it were up me, there would still be two lists, but no save sharing. Let at least one version be free of cheaters or "legit" auto-poppers. Statistics of both versions of those games are a total mess because of those two scenarios.

So how's the plat for Mirror's Edge? It's been on the to play list for years but I've never got around to it, and just noticed it's on Amazon used for like £4. Don't think I can say no to that.

Hypereides

Gold Member
So how's the plat for Mirror's Edge? It's been on the to play list for years but I've never got around to it, and just noticed it's on Amazon used for like £4. Don't think I can say no to that.

Its demanding, due to the time trials. You'll have to perfect the route on every time attack to get all the stars. It will take time and patience.

Thanks for reminding me about this though, have intended to at least complete the story without useing any weapons and on hard mode some time ago.

I just wrapped up the Mirror's Edge platinum a few months ago, after getting like 60% back in 2008. To me, the hardest part was the speed runs. Time trials can get pretty annoying as well, but they're all so short that a retry isn't a big deal and you don't HAVE to 3 star all of them. Speed runs give you more room to screw up but given how long some of the levels can be, it's pretty easy to make mistakes.

Also, time trials are made a lot easier if you get the DLC (which is free on the EU/AU/NZ stores). It gives you a lot more chances to just get one or two stars and carry on, assuming you're just going for the platinum and not 100%.

Oh and make sure you use Youtube for the speed runs and time trials. You can find some amazingly quick runs on there and while they may seem like they're impossible to replicate, if you look at a few different runs, you can take pieces of them and then come up with your own route/method.

Cheers for the info. So long as I enjoy the game and it it isn't borderline impossible I'll definitely try my hand at it. Think it'd bug me quite a bit if I had a plat without the 100% beside it, so chances are I'll be going for that as well.

Balphon

Cheers for the info. So long as I enjoy the game and it it isn't borderline impossible I'll definitely try my hand at it. Think it'd bug me quite a bit if I had a plat without the 100% beside it, so chances are I'll be going for that as well.

Getting 100% is quite a bit harder than the platinum, since it requires you to get 2 or 3 stars on a larger proportion of time trials than the main game's trophies do. Still doable with enough patience, though.

Archon473

Its demanding, due to the time trials. You'll have to perfect the route on every time attack to get all the stars. It will take time and patience.

Thanks for reminding me about this though, have intended to at least complete the story without useing any weapons and on hard mode some time ago.

You only need to earn a 3-star rating on a few (I think four) time trials while earning 2 stars on the others. It is not hard if you follow a walkthrough to help you optimize your route. There are good chapter speedruns as well. It will only be difficult if you do not have complete control over your character. Like Wipeout HD, it is a skill-demanding Platinum; if you possess the skill, you will find it quite enjoyable.

Cudder

Anyone down to play through RE5 with me? I started it earlier today and got to 2-2 or something like that, but I wouldn't mind starting over if someone joins me.

Footos22

Man my backlog is getting insane thanks to tales of graces but im so close now i can taste it.
Have done all the inn requests, beat the 3 dudes in the arena. just need to unlock chaos mode and beat the last boss again. then i can go on to new game plus and just run through the game picking up the beat x in 60 second trophies. Think im gonna put it down after i done this playthrough though and then pick it back up next year. otherwise ill never be playing anything new.

Bought hitman on friday for £21 oops

orion434

Completed Mass Effect 3 this weekend giving me 3730/3730 in the Mass Effect Trilogy... right in time for more DLC this week.

Getting 100% is quite a bit harder than the platinum, since it requires you to get 2 or 3 stars on a larger proportion of time trials than the main game's trophies do. Still doable with enough patience, though.

Fine with that. Think it's about time I went after that kind of plat + 100% anyway.

Man my backlog is getting insane thanks to tales of graces but im so close now i can taste it.
Have done all the inn requests, beat the 3 dudes in the arena. just need to unlock chaos mode and beat the last boss again. then i can go on to new game plus and just run through the game picking up the beat x in 60 second trophies. Think im gonna put it down after i done this playthrough though and then pick it back up next year. otherwise ill never be playing anything new.

How many hours've you clocked so far? Getting those 100+ hour plats (though Graces' took me 200+) always feel great to me. Also a bit strange once you know it's done after spending so long on it.

As for me, closing in on Demon's Souls plat. Just missing the trophies for learning all spells, getting all rings, all weapons and the Mercurystone one.

Edit: And there it is. Despite some of the grinding for stones it wasn't that bad, and the game itself is great. Looking forward to picking Dark Souls up in the future.

brentech

Anyone down to play through RE5 with me? I started it earlier today and got to 2-2 or something like that, but I wouldn't mind starting over if someone joins me.
What-cha working on? I gotta play like 15 more minutes tomorrow to finish the game on Veteran, but will be playing through again on professional. Hoping to speed up this time since my vet playthrough was collecting BSAA plates.

Either way, I'll be playing it since I need a lot more money to upgrade all my shit. Just have infinite ammo shotgun atm, while I do have a bunch of other weapons fully maxed out, I still need points to unlock the infinite ammo on them.

I have like a year and half between first trophy and beating the game on amateur because I disliked the play of it back then, but it's grown on me when I decided to give it another chance.

Noi

Bought hitman on friday for £21 oops

You've beaten the game and done Future arc without unlocking Chaos? Doing it wrong.

Cudder

What-cha working on? I gotta play like 15 more minutes tomorrow to finish the game on Veteran, but will be playing through again on professional. Hoping to speed up this time since my vet playthrough was collecting BSAA plates.

Either way, I'll be playing it since I need a lot more money to upgrade all my shit. Just have infinite ammo shotgun atm, while I do have a bunch of other weapons fully maxed out, I still need points to unlock the infinite ammo on them.

I have like a year and half between first trophy and beating the game on amateur because I disliked the play of it back then, but it's grown on me when I decided to give it another chance.

Well, now I'm on 3-2, but I still wouldn't mind a real partner. Are you on PS3?

Footos22

You've beaten the game and done Future arc without unlocking Chaos? Doing it wrong.

No wrong way of playing a Tales game, as i can see from your trophies.

How many hours've you clocked so far? Getting those 100+ hour plats (though Graces' took me 200+) always feel great to me. Also a bit strange once you know it's done after spending so long on it.

83 so not too many, Final Fantasy 13 was my longest played game this gen at 86 hours so definitely going to surpass that. i think the only thing that's going to tip me over 100 hours is that bloody mixer. I only worked out the correct way of levelling it up about 40 hours in. up to 4500. Cant think of any other quicker way then what i got going on now to be honest. Beat the last boss on chaos last night. Just the remainder of the zhonecage to go and a quick run through on New game +. Hopefully i'll be done by time i finished that. glad i can just skip scenes this time through as well.

Top Bottom