• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | October 2012 Thread | PLAY.ME

SmithnCo

Can I play VLR without playing 999 first? I have VLR pre-ordered (Europe here) and I love Visual novel/graphic adventure stuff on portable systems, but I don't have access to a DS.

I think I'll watch a full playthrough for 999 in Youtube...

By the way, I'm playing Deus Ex: HR - The Missing Link, and bought Okami HD yesterday. And I still need to beat LBP PS Vita and buy Dishonored. Busy season...

I would suggest playing/watching 999 first. If you definitely won't have access to a DS I would say to watch a 999 playthrough. Some things in VLR will probably be a tad confusing if you haven't seen 999's story. Plus, 999 gets spoiled big time in VLR anyway.

Both YGC and PSNProfiles have been pretty shit over the last month or two. YGC because they're always down, PSNProfiles because while the site usually works, they're always performing maintenance on it, so updating (automatic and manual) is always down.

I've started AC3 Liberation, though I'm not that far in it. I've got all but one of its multiplayer trophies, which requires me to be max level (level 15) and I'll slowly grinding that out. Then I just have to work on the single player ones.

Between charges, I've also been playing AC3 multiplayer and already have all its trophies. Incredibly easy. Single player will have to wait until I've finished Liberation though.

Just a heads up, the new thread will hopefully be up this weekend because of server migration on YGC.net. Xbox scores will be tallied as usual for the score on October 31st 8pm GMT+1.

Sorry guys...

Any chance we start using PSNprofiles for the cards? YGC has time and time again been one ear and out the other with suggestions to improving their card design, from the small text to not including completion percent.
The PSNprofiles admin has been doing a decent job at fulfilling community requests, so the points thing can definitely be applied if it's suggested I'd assume.

PSNprofiles has definitely come very far in such a short time.
The date info/completion time under each game is a huge help to get a perspective of when the games were played (YGC is just a huge list with no date info anywhere) and the focus on completion % in the cards is interesting to see as well.
It just gives a better perspective of the profile, that's all.

PSNprofiles is just so much better laid out and has better stats now, in the cards as well.
YGC has also become more clunky after that last big update.

Noi

Any chance we start using PSNprofiles for the cards? YGC has time and time again been one ear and out the other with suggestions to improving their card design, from the small text to not including completion percent.
The PSNprofiles admin has been doing a decent job at fulfilling community requests, so the points thing can definitely be applied if it's suggested I'd assume.

PSNprofiles has definitely come very far in such a short time.
The date info/completion time under each game is a huge help to get a perspective of when the games were played (YGC is just a huge list with no date info anywhere) and the focus on completion % in the cards is interesting to see as well.
It just gives a better perspective of the profile, that's all.

PSNprofiles is just so much better laid out and has better stats now, in the cards as well.
YGC has also become more clunky after that last big update.

Only problem with psnprofiles is the lack of automatic updates, aside from not having a points system. And with the constant maintenance, manual updates get disabled as well (like right now). Steve would have to hound everyone to update their cards at the end of every month before he could tally everything up.

Only problem with psnprofiles is the lack of automatic updates, aside from not having a points system. And with the constant maintenance, manual updates get disabled as well (like right now). Steve would have to hound everyone to update their cards at the end of every month before he could tally everything up.

I was under the assumption that PSNprofiles automatically updates all non-Premium accounts around once per week?
Much less than the time between months, but I can see why you'd want them all updated automatically for the new month. Still, the threads aren't up for one day, but for the entire month, in that time PSNprofiles automatically updates multiple times.

Noi

I was under the assumption that PSNprofiles automatically updates all non-Premium accounts around once per week?

I can definitely say that's not the case. I've had times where I didn't do a manual update for 2-3 weeks, and my profile was exactly as I left it until I did the manual update.

I don't mind being proven wrong though. I like the psnprofiles layout way more than YGC's.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Finally a YGC card:

Top Bottom