• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | October 2012 Thread | PLAY.ME

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Man, THIS during any group that requires 8+ people. I had to take charge during my group that was going for RDR's poker Ace trophy, and I wanted to kill things every time someone asked "are you guys done", "when is my turn to get the trophy" or "can I get the trophy before X?". Impatient people are the literal worst, even when you guarantee them that they'll get it.

The ones that make me want to take a hammer and BASH their fucking skulls in is those who get trophy, either leave or "DC", then 15-30 minutes later log-in say they can't bad connection, yet play another game for hours

That ruins so many peoples mood

Another one was Homefront, 5-6 got the last trophy, rest got screwed including me, due to people bailing, "got theirs, sux2bu"

When you set alarm clock for trophies, shit is wrong =/

Noi

That was my biggest fear during the RDR session, since we needed all 8 people to start every individual attempt at the trophy. I got it early, but thankfully I didn't group up with any jerks, since they all understood the conditions. Didn't stop me from getting scared right until the end though!

fixed for truth

Hey, I can't help it if the entire group I'm meeting with is from an entirely different time zone, haha.

Let's put down the haterade. You're in an enthusiast thread, on an enthusiast forum.

Put down the pitchfork, Yo. Death Strike's only halfkidding.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Hey, I can't help it if the entire group I'm meeting with is from an entirely different time zone, haha.

Put down the pitchfork, Yo. Death Strike's only halfkidding.

I only carry a Chaneller's Trident, yo.

I'm a few trophies away from my Fallout: NV plat. Just gotta do a few of the 50,000 damage with explosives, and unarmed. Gotta do that crap with healing items too and of course hardcore. I can almost taste it.....................

BHK3

Banned
I remember the guy who wrote the guide to solo boosting the kills in resistance 2 was a massive, massive cunt. He was boosting the kills in groups before he started doing it solo and I was in the group with him. Dude was the definition of shitty booster, he wouldnt stop disobeying the rules, kept spamming the chat with random shit, keep disconnecting and leaving when people told him to chill, never showed up on time, even used his trophy level to belittle others.

God I hated that guy, trophy sites seriously need a blacklist of users to never boost with, or just fucking ban them, I have no tolerance for that kind of crap.

GraveRobberX

I'm a few trophies away from my Fallout: NV plat. Just gotta do a few of the 50,000 damage with explosives, and unarmed. Gotta do that crap with healing items too and of course hardcore. I can almost taste it.....................

There's a method to getting those

Something like grenade and mines in a fight with scorpion that you can repeat over and over

Then take those scorpion glands make soup

Then go drown yourself in water, eat soup, repeat process

Trophy guide has better info

I got my healing by just drowning my ass and eating all the consumables, *repeat process when I have enough consumable again*

BHK3

Banned
There's a method to getting those

Something like grenade and mines in a fight with scorpion that you can repeat over and over

Then take those scorpion glands make soup

Then go drown yourself in water, eat soup, repeat process

Trophy guide has better info

I got my healing by just drowning my ass and eating all the consumables, *repeat process when I have enough consumable again*

The arena, select the scorpion and just keep fighting that, Best way to farm experience with weapons and health. Set mines before starting the fight at it's gate, you should insta-gib it and get big experience.

In F3 during the wasteland survival guide quest, I had to get a lot of radiation so I just drank toilet water till I nearly died, just about the only thing that stuck with my memory from that game.

GraveRobberX

The game glicthed on me during the finish with different scenarios/endings

I wasn't going to start a new game to get the other 2 endings

Pissed me off so bad

Might do it later, left a sour taste in my mouth

At least you can power through and beat the game in under 1.5 hour and get to the ending hella quick

Waiting for price drop on Complete Edition so can do from beginning, get plat, get all DLC

Noi

I don't know if I could go back and "finish" New Vegas. I've beaten it once and got the Yes Man ending but... let's just say my most vivid memory of the game is walking into the bandit town on the far left mountain range and having the game slow down to a sub 0-5 FPS crawl from all the bandits loading at once. I partially blame FO3 and NV for killing my first PS3.

The arena, select the scorpion and just keep fighting that, Best way to farm experience with weapons and health. Set mines before starting the fight at it's gate, you should insta-gib it and get big experience.

In F3 during the wasteland survival guide quest, I had to get a lot of radiation so I just drank toilet water till I nearly died, just about the only thing that stuck with my memory from that game.
I have a female character so I can't fight in the arena. Damn.

The game glicthed on me during the finish with different scenarios/endings

I wasn't going to start a new game to get the other 2 endings

Pissed me off so bad

Might do it later, left a sour taste in my mouth

At least you can power through and beat the game in under 1.5 hour and get to the ending hella quick

Waiting for price drop on Complete Edition so can do from beginning, get plat, get all DLC
That happened to me too. It glitched on the 2nd to last quest and it never popped up. Luckily I made multiple saves and got all the endings on the first playthrough. Lost like an hour, but no biggie. Didn't want to do another play through for just one ending.

I don't know if I could go back and "finish" New Vegas. I've beaten it once and got the Yes Man ending but... let's just say my most vivid memory of the game is walking into the bandit town on the far left mountain range and having the game slow down to a sub 0-5 FPS crawl from all the bandits loading at once. I partially blame FO3 and NV for killing my first PS3.
I get constant frame rate drops after prolong hours of gameplay. Quit out and launch New Vegas again. Its unplayable when everything is crawling so slow. I get occasional artifacts on the loading screen too. Notice the ground and surrounding environment become low res textures. It just happens randomly.

kiyomi

"Add me bro!"
;)

I'm fairly close on a few plats, just need the motivation to do them. I could get the Lollipop Chainsaw, ME2 and BF3 platinums reasonably quickly if I actually tried :(

Risgroo

You can do a hardcore run in about two hours, there's a guide about somewhere.

Footos22

Let's put down the haterade. You're in an enthusiast thread, on an enthusiast forum.

Did Write about 4 massive paragraphs, but i pressed reply and it deleted it all.

But yeah only half joking.

But it did say 13000 points in august, on ocd card 5 times in the last 6 months.
so i think i know that somehow lol.

But i have toned it down a lot in the last couple of months getting too much with the kids now growing up fast. If i do get any game time its playing mario galaxy 2 with my daughter then usually too tired these days to stay up till the early morning popping trophies left right and centre.

i feel much better for it. enjoying gaming so much more too. sold all my "backlog" and just kept it to one or 2 games i know ill actually play. 13000 in august 2000 in the last 2 months.

Still Don't see the point in boosting online.
If it takes that much effort to get a little picture of a trophy to pop up in the corner, usually a bronze. Its not fun. Its work and i do enough of that in the day as it is. Its not even skill or progression based its just tedious.

Lol. Frowned upon by who? The nerd police? Boosting is a community activity that hunters enjoy doing. I frown upon you for not doing it.

Why are you so defensive? Chill out dude. Its frowned upon, not by everyone but by some, just look at the last page to get your answer. Whats with the "nerd police" response? You came here asking the wrong question: "why are people hating on completionists". No one ever was. Read my first ever post on the subject, then you probably wouldn't had to explain me the difference between boosting and cheating.

Just a quick question about Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for Vita.
As you guys may know I am not a fan of the cheap auto-popping "double Platinum" crap. That was not Sony's intention (the intention was using your same savedata on the go) and only a technical leftover from the fact the games mistakenly have two trophy lists. It is the same method as save hacking, tricking a new trophy list with a 100% save so that the new trophy list says, "the save says 'you' did that task? Pop pop pop pop pop".
I know the cheaters managed to take their exploited PS3 MGS3 save and transfar to auto-pop all Vita MGS3 trophies. But were they able to do the same for Vita MGS2?
If this is the case then I'm not interested in MGS HD Collection.

GraveRobberX

Just a quick question about Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for Vita.
As you guys may know I am not a fan of the cheap auto-popping "double Platinum" crap. That was not an intention (the intention was using your same savedata on the go) and only a technical leftover from the fact the games have two trophy lists.
I know the cheaters managed to take their exploited PS3 MGS3 save and transfar to auto-pop all Vita MGS3 trophies. But were they able to do the same for Vita MGS2?
If this is the case then I'm not interested.

I think so

Only 1-2 don't pop, need to have different save to pop them on that system

Also how are they cheaters?

The 1.03 update gives it that feature
So the dev gave you access, you double dipped, you get double rewarded, you can't just label them as cheaters

Now if we are talking MGS4 and getting plat in under a few minutes, yeah, that's cheating

I think so

Only 1-2 don't pop, need to have different save to pop them on that system

You're talking about MGS2? MGS3 Vita was definitely exploited.
I'm crossing my fingers the cheaters can't exploit MGS2 Vita.
PSNProfiles lists the top fastest achievers as 4 hours, 1 day and 4 days. All pretty unrealistic times, even the 4 days one after understanding the MGS2 completion.
So obviously they did the transfarring popping, but I checked their profile and they did MGS2 PS3 legit and then transfar popped MGS2 Vita.
What I want to know is if cheaters were able to take non-legit/hacked MGS2 PS3 savedata and cheat MGS2 Vita. If that's the case and it's been de-valued like that, I'm not wasting my time playing it at all. Already done Extreme and all on the PS2.

GraveRobberX

You're talking about MGS2? MGS3 Vita was definitely exploited.
I'm crossing my fingers the cheaters can't exploit MGS2 Vita.
PSNProfiles lists the top fastest achievers as 4 hours, 1 day and 4 days. All pretty unrealistic times, even the 4 days one after understanding the MGS2 completion.
So obviously they did the transfarring popping, but I checked their profile and they did MGS2 PS3 legit and then transfar popped MGS2 Vita.
What I want to know is if cheaters were able to take non-legit MGS2 PS3 savedata and cheat MGS2 Vita. If that's the case and it's been de-valued like that, I'm not wasting my time playing it at all. Already done Extreme and all on the PS2.

Not heavily into MGS

Just know bits and parts, maybe someone else can answer your dilemma

Not heavily into MGS

Just know bits and parts, maybe someone else can answer your dilemma

Alright. I'm sure if LiquidSolid or others see this they'll know the exact answer.
I have no problem if someone did MGS2 PS3 legit and then transfarred to pop MGS2 Vita (though ideally the save sharing thing shouldn't exist in my opinion...let one version be it's version with no outside influence or shady help).
But what I have a problem with is if cheaters hacked MGS2 PS3 and then transfar popped MGS2 Vita. Which they did with MGS3. I heard MGS2 is different, luckily that's the hard one.

Also that post from yesterday or whatever I'll reply to soon as well as informing you all (with all Vita game 100%s currently impossible that I know of) on how the Vita one account system limits non-Japanese accounts especially on many games, making games impossible to play and DLC trophies not possible. Much are in the dark of this new threat to people that care about 100%.

Why the fuck are people hating on completionists in the trophy thread? And boosting? Lazy? Get that shit outta here. You're saying once the natural way to get a trophy is gone people should just not try and get it? Because "that's not how it was designed"? You sure you're in the right thread?

Will you just chill the - excuse my language - fuck out?

Opinions. Everybody has them.

Just got to level 13 recently. I thought the levels stopped getting tougher after 12.

Because since getting to 13 I've earned about 8-10 bronze trophies, and I'm still sitting at 1%. Seems strange.

GraveRobberX

Am I wrong about the levels not getting any tougher after 12? I could have sworn I read that before.

http://community.us.playstation.com...oom/PS3-Trophy-system-explained/td-p/13901166

FAQ:

How many points are each trophy worth? What is the value of each type of trophy?

Bronze: 15
Silver: 30
Gold: 90
Platinum: 180

How many points does it take to get to each level?

Level 1 - 0 pts

Level 2 - 200 pts

Level 3 - 600 pts

Level 4 - 1200 pts

Level 5 - 2400 pts

Level 6 - 4000 pts

Level 7 - 6000 pts

Level 8 - 8000 pts

Level 9 - 10000 pts

Level 10 - 12000 pts

Level 11 - 14000 pts

Level 12 - 16000 pts

Level 13 - 24000 pts

Level 14 - 32000 pts

Level 15 - 40000 pts

Level 16 - 48000 pts

Level 17 - 56000 pts

Level 18 - 64000 pts

Level 19 - 72000 pts

Level 20 - 80000 pts

It takes 8,000 points between levels after 20 also.

10 Bronze = 150 points/8000 = 0.01875

I'm @190,000+ by my trophy card, so yeah...

brentech

Wow. That sucks. I'm really not a fan of the trophy system for this reason. Now earning them feels even less exciting, as my overall level percentage barely changes anymore.

In this case earning 8-10 bronzes meant nothing to my overall level. De-incentivizing trophies over time seems like the exact opposite of what this system should be doing.
Either way they have no incentive.
You either want em or you don't. Not much else to it.

Alright. I'm sure if LiquidSolid or others see this they'll know the exact answer.
I have no problem if someone did MGS2 PS3 legit and then transfarred to pop MGS2 Vita (though ideally the save sharing thing shouldn't exist in my opinion...let one version be it's version with no outside influence or shady help).
But what I have a problem with is if cheaters hacked MGS2 PS3 and then transfar popped MGS2 Vita. Which they did with MGS3. I heard MGS2 is different, luckily that's the hard one.

Also that post from yesterday or whatever I'll reply to soon as well as informing you all (with all Vita game 100%s currently impossible that I know of) on how the Vita one account system limits non-Japanese accounts especially on many games, making games impossible to play and DLC trophies not possible. Much are in the dark of this new threat to people that care about 100%.

I'm taking a look at the MGS2 and I don't really see anything wrong. All the ones with really low times had much longer times attached to their PS3 platinums. The 2 hour one spent 6 weeks getting them on PS3 for example. The shortest actual Vita one I just looked at, platinuming it in just under 6 days, looks good too. All the trophies have been earned in the order I'd expect. You'd have to be crazy to play the game that much within a single week but I think it's doable.

The fact that that platinum is still incredibly rare should tell you enough, really.

Hell, I'm not sure how you even got the impression that MGS3 is hacked. According to PSN Profiles, I'm still the fastest platinum of them all and I know for a fact that I didn't cheat. I just played through it twice on PS3, transfarred them over and then played the one bit that you're required to play.

Then again, I don't really care that much cheaters. It kinda sucks and is annoying but I wouldn't let that stop me from playing a game.

I'm SO looking forward to tomorrow night. Finally free from this stupid report and I can play Unfinished Swan.

GraveRobberX

Wow. That sucks. I'm really not a fan of the trophy system for this reason. Now earning them feels even less exciting, as my overall level percentage barely changes anymore.

In this case earning 8-10 bronzes meant nothing to my overall level. De-incentivizing trophies over time seems like the exact opposite of what this system should be doing.

That's why Platinuming become a necessity at higher levels

If you did only bronze trophies, for you to even see the next level you would need 500+ bronze trophies
Most games have 30+
If you fully complete a game you can dent the level progress a little

Getting Sleeping Dogs (1005/1005) + DS II (975/975) (roughly 2000 points) Platinums pushed me 25%+ in my progression
2000/8000 = 1/4th = 25%

Best point/trophy game completion = Burnout Paradise, 2175 points with 98 trophies... GAWD DAMN!

It takes 8,000 points between levels after 20 also.

That's incorrect, from level 26 it's 10,000.

It's a stupid system in my opinion, doesn't make any sense and I am disappointed that Sony still hasn't changed it.

Currently working on Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7, only 10 trophies remaining.

Joni

That's incorrect, from level 26 it's 10,000.

It's a stupid system in my opinion, doesn't make any sense and I am disappointed that Sony still hasn't changed it.

Currently working on Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7, only 10 trophies remaining.

It is a system that allows newcomers to quickly rise in levels, feeling like they don't have a huge gap to catch up while it is still challenging for higher levels.

GraveRobberX

Remember Sony capped the level @50, thinking no one would get to it, boy where they wrong

There are teams dedicated to earning trophies... TEAMS!

Also:

lolwat?!?!

http://hakoom.net/trophy-service/

Seriously?

Edit: Bieleric is @PSN level 88... be hilarious if Sony capped it 100, move the cap up again

Jetsetfluken, both MGS2 and MGS3 are trophy hacked for Vita. So yeah..... :/

Still need to get to MGS2 on PS3, don't have the Vita Collection yet.
-----

Almost done with Sleeping Dogs, probably get the plat tomorrow. Man what a great game it was. It grew on me during the collectible run this weekend, worked great in combination with a few podcasts. Something GTA (and Darksiders 2 lol) could learn from this game. Combat and some movement felt a little janky but all in all one of the better experiences this year for me.

Probably gonna start up W.Dead Episode 4 after that (so excited!) and getting back to Ico (started it after platting SotC but then Borderlands, RE6 and Sleeping Dogs came along).

Also please guys, don't hate the playas boosters, hate the game!. Don't forget the title of this month's thread, basically a boosting trophy poll :D I hate it as much as the next guy but in case of LBP I can somewhat understand why they put one of those in. Other games though not so much....

Noi

Remember Sony capped the level @50, thinking no one would get to it, boy where they wrong

Also:

lolwat?!?!

Seriously?

Edit: Bieleric is @PSN level 88... be hilarious if Sony capped it 100, move the cap up again

Wow. I know people did this kinda secretly, but he's got balls to just straight up whore himself out like that.
KuGsj.gif

Hell, I'd too it too (the getting paid side, that is) if it meant getting some extra cash on the side just by playing video games.

It is a system that allows newcomers to quickly rise in levels, feeling like they don't have a huge gap to catch up while it is still challenging for higher levels.

I don't see much challenge on the higher levels. If you're on level 85 it takes the same amount of trophypoints/time as on level 35 to gain one level.

As for the level 50 cap, I wouldn't be surprised if they only increased it to level 100, thinking that nobody will achieve that.

BHK3

Banned

Also:

lolwat?!?!

Seriously?

I won't lie, I used to get paid for getting people trophies too.

Made about $100 then I stopped once I found out one of my customers was a little kid who stole $50 from his parents so he can pay me...

Footos22

Hell, I'm not sure how you even got the impression that MGS3 is hacked. According to PSN Profiles, I'm still the fastest platinum of them all and I know for a fact that I didn't cheat. I just played through it twice on PS3, transfarred them over and then played the one bit that you're required to play.

You're the fastest plat on mgs3 vita? Says you took 16 mins.
I took 9

Jet set does that make me unclean?

Archon473

Something GTA (and Darksiders 2 lol) could learn from this game.

GTAIII handles collectibles best of all games in my opinion. Packages provide weapons in your hideouts making collecting them worthwhile. GTAIV does the exact opposite, congratulating players with a whopping 0.5 completion percentage.

GraveRobberX

I won't lie, I used to get paid for getting people trophies too.

Made about $100 then I stopped once I found out one of my customers was a little kid who stole $50 from his parents so he can pay me...

Niiiiccceeeee!

I was requested a couple of times, either they were bullshitting or really fucking crazy

Wanted to pay me $50+ to get shitty platinums... I was like you can get those on your own
I get if something is a pain in the fucking ass, that you really do need skill for it
Some kid wanted me to get Shrek 4ever After Plat, I was like I got it for myself and feel tired, no way I'm going it through again even if you pay me!

Platinum'd Sly Cooper 1 tonight. Not sure if I'll do 2 and 3 right after, but it was a fun platformer.

2 you should do slowly

Don't rush into like 1

2 & 3 get long, the game will tire you out

Go play something else

Also whenever you feel like you had enough of Sly, go play something else

Gamers really do give up on 2 & 3 Plat, like 50% go through it, 50% just say "Fuck It"

Noi

That was just Sly 2 for me. I will never get the fascination some people have for 2, it almost killed off my entire interest for the series. 3 on the other hand at least has the decency to END when you expect it to and not drag itself on for another half game.

Well got my first platinum of the month: Gravity Rush. :). Great game, best game on Vita IMO, which doesn't say much, but it's also one of my top 5's of the year, should definitely get a nomination for GOTY. Anyone who owns a Vita should have this game. The game isn't without it's faults, as it can be a little frustrating at times with the camera, but the game is still a thing of beauty.

Montresor

New Max Payne 3 trophies (probably coming with next week's DLC):

Old School Moves - Perform a 720 spin while prone in Nightclub (Bronze)

Early Adopter - In a single game, kill the same player with both the M24 and the IA2 AR (Silver)

WMD - Get 3 kills from a single use of the level 3 explosives burst (Silver)

60 Seconds of Intimidation - Grind 60 Seconds of Intimidation on enemy players (Silver)

It's been too long so a lot of this stuff just seems like gibberish terminology to me. Early Adopter will be pretty easy - getting kills with two different weapons is trivial. And although I put in close to 150+ hours into this game I have no real inkling about the difficulty of the other three achievements/trophies.

Top Bottom