• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | October 2012 Thread | PLAY.ME

daevv

Other than a few in Retro City Rampage I've done nothing trophy or achievement wise this month. I haven't been gaming much actually. Work, watching MLB playoffs, and NFL have taken much of my time. In a attempt to have no backlog I've given up buying shitty games just for the trophies. I want to have some sort of fun playing video games again.

I did join PSN+ last night so my next games will be Plants Vs Zombies on Vita and Killzone HD next week. Hoping for a discount on KZ. I'm downloading Starcraft SP and Infamous 2 as well. Downloading is going slow though even with my new fiber op internet.

All the glitched achievements in 2k13 are pretty annoying. I'm really getting the itch to trophy hunt...Ps3 backlog is growing cause I have been focusing so much on 360.

And so begins the collecting in Sleeping Dogs... :)

Game was very enjoyable but looking at those "Does Sleeping Dogs make GTA his bitch?" threads from a couple of months ago is just hilarious. Game has incredible charm but imho has nowhere near the quality GTA has.

Game was very enjoyable but looking at those "Does Sleeping Dogs make GTA his bitch?" threads from a couple of months ago is just hilarious. Game has incredible charm but imho has nowhere near the quality GTA has.

Sleeping Dogs has good gameplay, GTA has shitty gameplay. Sleeping Dogs wins by a landslide.

Well, Got BC1 plat. Now I can put the game to rest and ride off into the sunset.

After seeing your profile with hacks/cheats for other recent games, I don't know what to believe.

Not a personal attack, but just saying that if a profile has confirmed cheats on it, I can't believe what I see in other games.

The thing that really alludes me are cheaters that hack multiple games and then continue to use their profile and actually might do semi-difficult tasks in other games. To me that sounds like a wasted effort because people won't care if they see other games cheated.

Like I've said before, the days of trophy legitimacy with most PS3 software has more or less ended. So I suggest cheaters stop scurrying for saves trying to make their profile "elite" with completions they wanted in their totally do-able list of Western-tailored games. The real deal in competition and legitimacy has moved on to a new platform and hopefully the next console as well. Sony's policy is releasing the thing, and if something happens to it, then "whatever". That is the case with PS3 software trophies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Godspeed

Those things become annoying if you waited till the end

I did them little by little, do a mission, grab 10+ collectibles *repeat ad nauseum*... worked out very well

Also get that Triad +15% Gear to get yo levels up!
Some people on other boards bought the dlc packs that gave them instant boosts... (I understand time = money, but seriously, 10-15 mission retries, BAM you level ^ like a motherfucker!)

I bought a nice sample of Vita offerings
My hands cramp up like the dickens, so I purchased this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006WJ70SS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Some GAFfers speak highly of it, maybe now I can do long play sessions without me getting carpal tunnel

After seeing your profile with hacks/cheats for other recent difficult games, I don't know what to believe.

Not a personal attack, but just saying that if a profile has confirmed cheats on it, I can't believe what I see in other games.

The thing that really alludes me are cheaters that hack multiple games and then continue to use their profile and actually might do semi-difficult tasks in other games. To me that sounds like a wasted effort because people won't care if they see other games cheated.

Huh?

Also let it be jeff, if someone want to go that route it's their prerogative
It's a losing battle

If Baseball can allow cheats and they get paid millions upon million, these are just virtual icons =)

Funny how I've stopped going ape shit mode to get trophies like a mad man
Making me a better gamer in the long run

To each their own

I know I don't cheat, that's good enough for me =), it should be for you too

Also fuck you trophy guides for scaring me away from Zen Pinball 1 & 2 *shakes fists*

Those games are awesome, everyone was like 9.5/10, too hard, why have it on your list -_-

I'm enjoying it, got 3 trophies randomly in Zen Pinball 2
Also PvsZ Table is sex =) "COMBO!"

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i got a PS3! So you may want to add me list when possible please

only 2 games right now (1 borrowed) but i'll get there eventually.

skynidas

Banned

Yep, I agree, I've played a lot of Sleeping Dogs, just like two trophies left for the platinum and the game is great but is not on the same level as GTA.

Finally rebought a PS3, MGS4 trophies + complete install was the straw that broke the Camel's back. I'll be starting a fresh PSN profile to max games I like.

Meanwhile, I'm still going through RE6 on Xbox and trying to 1000G Hitman: Blood Money 6 years later.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Finished first ep of Walking Dead. Good game, easy trophs, but not my style. Started up Renegade Ops. The difficulty on hardcore surprised me, def needed to step my game up but it was surprisingly fun. Gonna glitch the main trophs though. Also gonna start RE6 this Sunday and plat the shit out of it.

I've been playing New Little King's Story but have been super busy over the last week (and will be till Tuesday), so haven't had the time to play it (or any games really).

SykoTech

Got all the Jet Set Radio trophies. Such a fun game.

Back to One Piece, but playing it pretty leisurely for now. Trophy hunting will come later.

Since it seems like the ps3 gamecard site is mess up for now I used another site in the OP to show off my trophies and achievements. I guess it won't get added since you only add posts from those two sites, but I wanted to show them anyways. Will probably repost these if the Ps3 site gets fixed.

For PS3, I got mine in March 2007 but I switched PSN accounts in 2010 since I wanted a different username, so I lost like 400 trophies in the process, so my trophy count should've been abit better, especially since I had a ton of Warhawk trophies :/ Oh well. Still happy with the trophies I now have.

My excuse for the 360 is that I didn't get one till May 2011. Either way I don't have alot of trophies/achievements but I have fun trying to get them while enjoying the game. So heres my score:

Will try to post any new trophies/achievements I get each month.

Noi

Platinum #67: Dokuro

8107640515_7358976318_z.jpg

it hurts

Undecided as to what to pick up next... Maaaybe I'll actually make a level in LBP Vita and try to finish that up.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Damn yo.. Renegade Ops on hardcore is a decent challenge. I'm pleasantly surprised.

After seeing your profile with hacks/cheats for other recent games, I don't know what to believe.

Like I've said before, the days of trophy legitimacy with most PS3 software has more or less ended. So I suggest cheaters stop scurrying for saves trying to make their profile "elite" with completions they wanted in their totally do-able list of Western-tailored games. The real deal in competition and legitimacy has moved on to a new platform and hopefully the next console as well. Sony's policy is releasing the thing, and if something happens to it, then "whatever". That is the case with PS3 software trophies.

I have little respect for cheaters. Sure they get an abundance of trophies and higher level however they complete throw skill, motivation, commitment and hard work out of the window. I dont get boosters either; would you really go that far to go get a platinum? Must be stressful to have such an OCD to prove something.

People like these make trophies useless. With that said, since Ive began to relax more than before, Ive found that trophy hunting has become more enjoyable. I dont really look at trophy lists anymore either, otherwise I'll conciously think about fulfilling the requirements. It sucks out all the fun of playing a game that you'd otherwise find enjoyable. Only after finishing the game I start to contemplate how many of the trophies I can manage to acquire.

With that said... I played Battlefield: BC a long time but never completed the game. I ought to revisit it again some time soon and at least complete the campaign :)
(thanks for the reminder)

Contemplating on finishing Mirrors Edge on Hard too while Im at it.

Noi

I dont get boosters either; would you really go that far to go get a platinum?

What's the problem with boosting? It makes perfect sense to boost for particular online trophies, whether it's because the trophies are annoying as hell (See: most of the DLC trophies in Red Dead Redemption) or have dead online communities. If someone out there also wants the same thing, you may as well seek 'em out to help each other.

Anyhoo, currently going through Jurassic Park. The amount of bizarre design decisions make me constantly go "the fuck were you thinking, Telltale?"

What's the problem with boosting? It makes perfect sense to boost for particular online trophies, whether it's because the trophies are annoying as hell ... or have dead online communities. If someone out there also wants the same thing, you may as well seek 'em out to help each other.

There in lies yours and the general contradiction.

I'd say Trophies or/and achievements werent designed with that philosophy in mind. They are made to display a set of skills and commitment. Its not a race about who completes the entire PS3 gaming catalogoue first.

But of course thats your - and everybody's - choice, obviously there are obsessive and serious collectors out there that will do mostly anything to gain that 100% in Chronicles of Riddick or whatever.

There's nothing wrong in playing a dead MP mode with a friend for the heck of it. Boosting robs away all the fun and becomes a chore rather than an enjoyment.

If they are annoying, have patience. Work on it over it time. Dont rush it. The sense of reward of will ultimately be far more satisfying and rewarding.

Im so glad I abandoned the whole mindset of rushing to get all trophies in a game...

Bladenic

Platinumed both RE6 and finally RE5 earlier this month. Felt good man. AC3 is probably my next Platinum. Have so many games that I'm so close to getting the Platinum, I just need to go back and actually do it.

Boosting and cheating are not the same thing. Boosting is legitimate, there are communities for it. You and other players try to go for certain trophies.

Cheating is altering your save data to unlock (all) the trophies.

The last time this topic came up I did some digging and apparantly you need to buy software to alter your saves. Altough there are some older games wich don't require it.

Boosting and cheating are not the same thing. Boosting is legitimate, there are communities for it. You and other players try to gor certain trophies.

The last time this topic came up I did some digging and apparantly you need to buy software to alter your saves. Altough there are some older games wich don't require it.

I still consider boosting to be a lazy man's way of acquiring the trophy in question.

Its no directly cheating... but just like cheating is a shortcut to succes, so is boosting when all is considered.

Indeed, boosting is pathetic only if you solely play the games with that in mind. Boosting is useful when you can't get a couple trophies and need extra help. Still, cheating is the biggest sin. People pay for a program to get more trophies lol.

I still consider boosting to be a lazy man's way of acquiring the trophy in question.

Its no directly cheating... but just like cheating is a shortcut to succes, so is boosting when all is considered.

To boost, you still need to go through the effort of finding other people to do it with and planning something out. It's not like it requires no effort at all.

But that's beside the point. The existence of boosting just proves how idiotic online trophies are, especially the ones that come up with moronic ones like Resistance 2's 10k online kills or take their online networks off after a year or two (why I don't buy many EA games). Don't blame the people doing it, blame the developers.

Noi

It has nothing to do with "rushing" anything though. There's a plethora of games with shittily implemented online trophies that have nothing to do with skill, but plumb luck or are built around conditions that will never happen just by playing the game normally. It's the other way around, I'd only get even more frustrated if there WEREN'T ways for people who want to get the same thing done to be able to group up and do them.

To give you a clear example, there's a trophy in Burnout Paradise that requires you to a.) join a room with the max number players (8 I think is the number) and b.) have all 8 players gather inside a specific baseball field on the map. You know what the odds of that happening naturally are? A whoppin' 0%, because not only is the map a GTA level monstrosity where any player can be at any point, but because I can't will 7 other people to follow my command. Hell, it was a pain to get even WITH a group of people who wanted it, all because of one or two stragglers who didn't want to play along.

So yeah, boosting isn't damn near close to the level of literally cheating your save files to just unlock all the trophies at once.

It has nothing to do with "rushing" anything though. There's a plethora of games with shittily implemented online trophies that have nothing to do with skill, but plumb luck or are built around conditions that will never happen just by playing the game normally. It's the other way around, I'd only get even more frustrated if there WEREN'T ways for people who want to get the same thing done to be able to group up and do them.

To give you a clear example, there's a trophy in Burnout Paradise that requires you to a.) join a room with the max number players (8 I think is the number) and b.) have all 8 players gather inside a specific baseball field on the map. You know what the odds of that happening naturally are? A whoppin' 0%, because not only is the map a GTA level monstrosity where any player can be at any point, but because I can't will 7 other people to follow my command. Hell, it was a pain to get even WITH a group of people who wanted it, all because of one or two stragglers who didn't want to play along.

So yeah, boosting isn't damn near close to the level of literally cheating your save files to just unlock all the trophies at once.

Cool down.

Have you considered that the plehtora of "shitty trophies" may be intended to those that are really good at the game. Thats my opinion anyway. Just sayin'

Doesnt surprise me about the Burnout Paradise baseball trophy. Got it a long time ago. Can imagine it should be kinda hard to get now. Wasnt that hard back then.

The way you play kinda makes me get a sense of frustration & stress. Oh man, am I Glad I dont trophy hunt like that anymore. :x

BHK3

Banned
Cool down.

Have you considered that the plehtora of "shitty trophies" may be intended to those that are really good at the game. Thats my opinion anyway. Just sayin'

Doesnt surprise me about the Burnout Paradise baseball trophy. Got it a long time ago. Can imagine it should be kinda hard to get now. Wasnt that hard back then.

The way you play kinda makes get the sense of frustration stress. Oh man, am I Glad I dont trophy hunt like that anymore. :x

1hsQ1

1hsRt

1hsUH

SKILL :/

I'm an expert

Why the fuck are people hating on completionists in the trophy thread? And boosting? Lazy? Get that shit outta here. You're saying once the natural way to get a trophy is gone people should just not try and get it? Because "that's not how it was designed"? You sure you're in the right thread?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Boosting and cheating are not the same thing. Boosting is legitimate, there are communities for it. You and other players try to go for certain trophies.

What.

I didn't know this was a thing, that's crazy.

Although i've got to admit, I have used the egg glitch for some eggs in Jak 2 and 3, just because some of those races and mini-games are impossiblue. Is that cheating?
I don't feel bad about it, but ain't extremely proud of those plats either. Well, kinda. Finishing Jak 2 was a feat of it's own :p

The more I think about it, the more I think the "boosting is lazy" argument is completely ridiculous. What's the difference between boosting online and grinding in single player? Am I "cheating" if I completely finish a game but still need x kills with x weapon, so continually load up an area that is easiest to get that trophy?

Boosting and grinding is just a natural extension of crappy trophy requirements. If developers don't want people to do them then they should design trophies that don't require them.

What.

I didn't know this was a thing, that's crazy.

Although i've got to admit, I have used the egg glitch for some eggs in Jak 2 and 3, just because some of those races and mini-games are impossiblue. Is that cheating?
I don't feel bad about it, but ain't extremely proud of those plats either. Well, kinda. Finishing Jak 2 was a feat of it's own :p

You have to tell me this egg glitch because right now I'm going through Jak 2 and I wonder how I ever finished this on PS2. Difficult shit!

BHK3

Banned
You have to tell me this egg glitch because right now I'm going through Jak 2 and I wonder how I ever finished this on PS2. Difficult shit!

You start a side mission where you have to race to the egg, you collect it but right when you do you pause and restart the mission. The counter will stay updated but the egg will always return, rinse repeat.

I think, haven't played the game in years.

Why the fuck are people hating on completionists in the trophy thread? And boosting? Lazy? Get that shit outta here. You're saying once the natural way to get a trophy is gone people should just not try and get it? Because "that's not how it was designed"? You sure you're in the right thread?

What? No one's hating on completionists in this thread. There are opposing views to boosting, but everybody agrees that cheating is disgraceful.

@BHK3: will try!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
There are some side-quests in wich you've got to find an egg within a certain time limit. Do not complete them all. Save the easiest one for the glitch.
When you jump above the egg and press square, immediately pause the game and restart the mission. If you timed it right, you should have heard the sound you get when collecting an egg but the game did not see you completing the mission. You now can replay the mission and collect it again.
And again.
And again.

Ain't easy though, i've only did it for some of those impossible races :p

EDIT: BHK3 beat me to it.

You start a side mission where you have to race to the egg, you collect it but right when you do you pause and restart the mission. The counter will stay updated but the egg will always return, rinse repeat.

I think, haven't played the game in years.

Nah, you do play a side mission but have to pause the game right before you get the egg and then restart the mission. You have to make sure you've got enough momentum to push yourself into the egg though, so in like a vehicle or something. The game will continue for a second, you'll collect the egg and then it'll be respawned with the restart.

Edit: A bit late with that but don't bother jumping over the egg, just do one of the vehicle missions and build up some speed before pausing. Much easier.

I'm an expert

What? No one's hating on completionists in this thread. There are opposing views to boosting, but everybody agrees that cheating is disgraceful.

@BHK3: will try!

How are boosting and cheating even in the same sentence? They're completely different things. Doing anything that's possible in the bounds of the game to get a trophy is not cheating. CFW or save hacking are the only options for cheating. Whether it's getting a group of friends together or using a glitch, a trophy is a trophy. In the end all that matters is you're having fun.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

I dare you to go Plat Rogue Warrior

That game sold like 2500 copies and was multi-platform

It still took me 20+ hours of boosting to get Plat

The community was non-existent

I get it if you boost while the community is hella active and you go to other peoples room and ruin their fun, but there are games that their communities for games are just barren

Most of us can't play all games at the same time, or try to spread it out, but when we catch up, it might be too late

Everyone knows Warhawk requires 1000+ hours, boosting = LOL
Fear 2 require Boosting of 100 hours, let me repeat ONE HUNDRED FUCKING HOURS BOOSTING!
Far Cry 2 is just lol, you need to boost like a mad man to make a dent

I boost when it is necessary

Fuck I boosted like 5+ Trophy GAF members in Borderlands to give them an advantage + get shit done quickly
They didn't complain, I did it out of my way of helping my sub-community
Sometimes boosting really does make the game more tolerable, it sounds hella' weird, but it does

Section 8 & Prejudice, good games, but community died out quickly
Me and friend had to get a 3rd just to start a ranked game
They guy was so thankful that some people out there help out

007 Bloodstone, most gave up boosting, the requirement to get the plat was fucking disgusting
Work your ass off Boosting just to get 2 bronze trophies
That last silver trophy, the fucking headache to just get it, my god never again
Blood Stone Elite
Obtain the '00 Agent Mission' medal in online ranked multiplayer
Obtained on November 6, 2010 1:05:37pm
2 days, 7 hours, 51 minutes, 28 seconds to obtain.

Estimated Difficulty: Near impossible to obtain.
326 out of 14,923 (2.18%) players have earned this trophy.
You can not get it legit, impossible, the 10 levels required to PING! it, fucking LAWL!
4xo13.png

That's my boosting group
Gattsu was leader, Ash and Me were co-leaders (I would always get placed on other side, so I had to wrangle in the team to keep them in check)
I was 3rd Overall in getting that trophy
Hell we did it so awesome that in the 007 guide in PS3 trophies, we posted the how to do and got credit for it
Look at this thread:
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ja...nd-007-blood-stone-road-map-trophy-guide.html
Getting 10+ people to pay attention, follow rules, not try to troll, Jesus, Patience is a virtue

I'm an expert

Don't waste your time typing GRX..these cats just don't know.

Noi

Getting 10+ people to pay attention, follow rules, not try to troll, Jesus, Patience is a virtue

Man, THIS during any group that requires 8+ people. I had to take charge during my group that was going for RDR's poker Ace trophy, and I wanted to kill things every time someone asked "are you guys done", "when is my turn to get the trophy" or "can I get the trophy before X?". Impatient people are the literal worst, even when you guarantee them that they'll get it.

Top Bottom