• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actors with ruined faces

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Osment.jpg

Puberty was not kind to Haley Joel Osment.
He looks older then me o_O (i'm 31)

Grifter

Most actresses who get plastic surgery look worse than ones who don't.

Most actresses who get noticeable (bad) surgery look worse. They usually get results at first before going overboard too.

And not everyone ages gracefully. Friends was a while ago.

AlexBasch

Going through Battlestar Galactica right now and Olmos is the fucking man.

He has got those dad scars all up on his face and you know he'd never whoop your ass but push you to change into a better man. I wish Adama was my dad.
Or exploit you to become the next star of Tex-Mex. Either one is great.

Lost my shit at Haley Joel Osment pic though, what a mess, hahaha.

kathy griffin is pretty up front with all the work shes had done. She doesn't look half bad when shes all done up. But on the street I'm sure shes pretty scary. *cue beach pic*

Bodacious

Banned
Not sure he ever really looked normal, but him.

170px-Gary_Busey_2007.jpg

He always looks like one thread loose from losing everything.

IIRC, really bad motorcycle accident w/ no helmet. Busted his head, brain damage, almost killed him. Came out of it looking and acting weirder than ever.

Compare to when he played Buddy Holly.

Gary+Busey+The+Buddy+Holly+Story.PNG

Jonm1010

Banned
The more I think about it, the more I realize that this plastic surgery stuff just doesn't work.

I'm sure with a few people, some minor operations work out OK.

But it is such a huge risk. You are gambling looking a bit old to looking like a freak. And a lot of these people now just look like freaks. And once you get that freak look, you pretty much can't go back.

Seems pretty much the case. I can understand correcting things like a deviated septum(like my father had to do). Or things like chemical peels/fillers/Botox. Perhaps in some severe cases things like a chin implant I've seen make a positive change on a couple people that had severely recessed chins but other then that I think you're rolling the dice on something that has a fairly high probability of ruining your looks.

Seems pretty much the case. I can understand correcting things like a deviated septum(like my father had to do). Or things like chemical peels/fillers/Botox. Perhaps in some severe cases things like a chin implant I've seen make a positive change on a couple people that had severely recessed chins but other then that I think you're rolling the dice on something that has a fairly high probability of ruining your looks.
Good point . . . the cases you mention are generally people who had something a bit odd about them that they got fixed.

But most of these Hollywood people . . . . they are good looking people that just started to get a little old. Don't fix what ain't broke.

And my pet peeve . . . the lip thing. Why the fuck did all these women decide they need to have lips like a stereotype minstrel show? Nothing wrong with thin lips. Sigourney Weaver looked just fine. And still does albeit as an attractive older woman. If she plumped up her lips like so many of the others, she'd look like a freak too.

Osment.jpg

Puberty was not kind to Haley Joel Osment.

He just looks fat. He has a childs face at a time when he should look more masculine but eventually it'll balance out. He'll grow into his look, but not if he keeps all that weight on. Being short is what hurts his acting career.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Man, what the hell happened to Lil' Kim.

The sad thing about all these celebs who get facial surgery is that when it comes out all fucked up looking, they try more surgeries to fix it and make it look more natural but it just keeps looking worse and worse. I can't think of any other reason why they continue to do it. Some of these photos are terrifying to look at.

The sad thing about all these celebs who get facial surgery is that when it comes out all fucked up looking, they try more surgeries to fix it and make it look more natural but it just keeps looking worse and worse. I can't think of any other reason why they continue to do it. Some of these photos are terrifying to look at.
Yeah . . . that is what I noticed. Once you get that unnatural freakish look, it seems like you can't fix it.

The doctors make all sorts of attempts but it is not a WYSIWYG technology. The doctor makes a guess, does surgery, then waits for weeks for the swelling to go down, and sees if things got worse or better.

CLEEK

There is a TV actress in the UK called Lesley Ash. She's like a poor man's Meg Ryan.

She was cute in her 20s and 30s, then got a friend's mum to do a collagen injection into her lips. But silicone was injected instead, which set hard, giving her a permanent joker style pout.

lesley_ash.jpg

31905_1.jpg

eastmen

Banned
IIRC, really bad motorcycle accident w/ no helmet. Busted his head, brain damage, almost killed him. Came out of it looking and acting weirder than ever.

Compare to when he played Buddy Holly.

It did kill him

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/spotlight/2001-07-05-busey-brain-injury.htm

"I landed at the feet of a police officer and was rushed to an emergency room with a hole in my head the size of a half dollar," he says.

Busey fell into a coma for over four weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom