• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agni's Philosophy runs at 60FPS on a GTX 680, uses 1.8GB VRAM. Can next-gen run it?

I expect next-gen will easily handle this.

And I fully expect stuff from Guerrilla Games, Naughty Dog, et. al. to blow this away.
Time Travel GIF - Time Travel Appear GIFs

10 years later and I’m still waiting for Guerrilla Games, Naughty Dog, et. al. to blow this away, let alone be on Agni Philosophy’s level visually.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Ah, the typical Newbie user who feels so clever to bump a nearly 10 year old thread that they found deliberately to present a very typical and boring statement.

Jeez what a terrible bump.
Not worthy of the name bump. It just re-existed.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Yep. In theory modern HW should run circles around it but then we have indie games that max modern GPUs and CPUs while looking like shit.
Have you seen elex2? Utter trash.

Fbh

This doesn't look that good anymore, specially the character models.

With that said I call BS in this running at 60fps on a gtx 680

rnlval

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20121129_575412.html

New article has revealed the specs of the PC that the Agni's Philosophy tech demo was run on: GTX 680, i7-3770K 3.5GHz and 32 GB of RAM. Apparently the CPU was hardly stressed and it could have run on something much weaker. It also only used 1.8GB of texture data so next gen consoles should have very little problem fitting it onto memory. In terms of anti-aliasing I think it may have used a combination of 8xMSAA and FXAA which is massively impressive if true.

What was most impressive was that it runs at 60FPS as shown by this slide:
1040kmz.jpg

What implications does this have for next gen? Considering that the rumour for PS4 is that it has a 7870, is there any reason to think that it won't be able to run this same fidelity of graphics but at 30FPS?

Here's the original video:

Here are some new screens:

PS4 is closer to R7-265 which is between 7850 and 7870 non-XT.

7870 XT is based on the larger Tahiti GCN with about 24 TFLOPS.

Xbox Series S's iGPU beats GTX 680.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
Agni's Philosophy looks great, I bet it's totes gonna be Final Fantasy XV.

Versus XIII looks awesome, too. Square is back, baby.
VIVA CHRISTA DEVO REGOULOUS FABIA CHRISTRYAL NOVALIS DECORUM EST 3358/2 KNIGHTMARE DREAM DROP DISTANCE POOPITY SHOOPITY ZIPPERS

Last edited:
Top Bottom