• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akiba’s Trip 2 announced for PlayStation 3, PS Vita Due Out November 7th

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
what is exactly this game excuse to make you go around stripping people?

23200243.jpg

--

Looking forward to getting mine this week. Was leaning towards the PS3 version but got the VITA one instead for ease of play.

Loved the first title and look forward to the second. Hope its more polished!

Nice! Could you give us some impressions when you have the chance?

Certainly, I won't be playing until later today but I'll make some notes as I go along (let me know if there is anything specific you'd like to know). Although I should state upfront that my reading Japanese is absolute beginner level - I'm currently taking evening classes - so my impressions will be that of a bemused import gamer only :)

Parakeetman

Game is fairly similar to the first one for the most part in how it works. Though seems like this time the dodging system and what not is a bit harder to use. Personally if you dont want to kill your VITA (which is the version I have) get the PS3 one since the button jamming for trying to rip off clothes early is still the same.

Akiba is pretty well modeled for the areas that they have in the game and there will be lots of familiar sites. One of the smaller inclusions that got a smile out of me was the retro game shop "Super Potato". Music is good and so are the characters. As always with the story lots of choices to be had so am guessing there will be multiple endings too. Graphics are not too bad but dont go expecting "next gen".

Tip for those who have the game and hate how the cops keep fucking things up. Wait till the cop arrests another enemy or NPC thats in the fight then just leave them be. Tell your NPC partner if you have one to stop combat so they dont hit them by accident resetting the police AI. As long as you dont leave the zone no other cops should spawn as long as the cop and "arrested" NPC are still present.

crinale

Game is fairly similar to the first one for the most part in how it works. Though seems like this time the dodging system and what not is a bit harder to use. Personally if you dont want to kill your VITA (which is the version I have) get the PS3 one since the button jamming for trying to rip off clothes early is still the same.

Akiba is pretty well modeled for the areas that they have in the game and there will be lots of familiar sites. One of the smaller inclusions that got a smile out of me was the retro game shop "Super Potato". Music is good and so are the characters. As always with the story lots of choices to be had so am guessing there will be multiple endings too. Graphics are not too bad but dont go expecting "next gen".

Tip for those who have the game and hate how the cops keep fucking things up. Wait till the cop arrests another enemy or NPC thats in the fight then just leave them be. Tell your NPC partner if you have one to stop combat so they dont hit them by accident resetting the police AI. As long as you dont leave the zone no other cops should spawn as long as the cop and "arrested" NPC are still present.

Reports are flying that this may have been developed for Vita as the lead platform, so that PS3 version has some glitches (audio hiccups and such). However they've announced that PS3 version will be patched. (Somehow they've released Vita patch first, though).

Parakeetman

Reports are flying that this may have been developed for Vita as the lead platform, so that PS3 version has some glitches (audio hiccups and such). However they've announced that PS3 version will be patched. (Somehow they've released Vita patch first, though).

So far have not run into anything major such as freezes or crashes. Loading time is ok though loading in NPC models takes a little bit of time on occasion. When the game teleports NPCs friendly or enemy when fighting from one location to another, it seems to be the games way of preventing character models from becoming stuck in scenery. So just a little heads up for folks who might run into that. Ive had it happen on several occasions to both myself and friendly / enemy npcs in battle.

Ill have to patch mine up and see what it changes, since have not done that yet.

Im curious what the breakdown of PS3 vs PSV are. *Edit in sales

Astarte

I'm watching a friend play through this and I have no idea what's going on.
Mugi dressed as a maid, some sick ass clothes stripping dmc shit, and stutters and lag out the ass; what an experience

Parakeetman

Ryouga might be happy to know that this game has advertisements for Sen no Kiseki in it lol

Parakeetman

double posting, but am currently working on some simple graphics for an unofficial OT / impressions thread just for the hell of it.

I need to check whats gafs regs on half finished threads, since was wondering if i should throw it up first then add in all the graphics after.

Parakeetman

is there any Vita/PS3 screenshots comparisons?

Have not seen any myself the main HP does not have it listed with the SS available if they are PS3 or PSV.

I wouldnt expect a huge difference if any really.

Am also working on the unofficial OT / Impression thread, but its still a big "work in progress" atm. As am doing up the graphics at the same time. Still need to fill it with information and whatnot

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711508

Top Bottom