• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.com - Black Friday 2015

lantus

Other than Until Dawn, I'm not compelled to shop on Amazon this year. At least for video game related purchases. Best Buy is pretty much where its at, especially with GCU.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Gears, Mad Max, Until Dawn and Toy Soldiers on my watch list.

SamNW

Any predictions on how far Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY's price will drop? Would like to pick it up for $30 or less.

Armaly

As early as 10pm PST tonight.

Nope and from what I've read they don't plan to publish the time the sales will start. Just starting checking at midnight.

Hmm. Guess I just gotta set alarms. Or make a twitter account and follow wario64...

Other than Until Dawn, I'm not compelled to shop on Amazon this year. At least for video game related purchases. Best Buy is pretty much where its at, especially with GCU.

Get Until Dawn at Best Buy. $20 man.

Tucah

you speak so well
Was hoping an AC: Syndicate deal would pop up on Amazon because I have a ton of credit, oh well. Might pick up Borderlands.

EthanC

Banned
Not pictured are deals for the Sony Gold headset and Until Dawn deals starting at 3:00am tonight. 50 dollars for the Gold, no idea about Until Dawn.

Tansut

So I'm really wanting to get Transformers and Mad Max. Is there any legitimate chance they'll be cheaper on Amazon than they will be on Best Buy?

Fuckin' annoying they don't show what the prices will be.

Where can I tell what prices will be? It's not loading right for me on Mobile. I'm soecifically interested in that Zelda 3ds pouch and the dragon age goty for ps4

bender

What time is it?
So I'm really wanting to get Transformers and Mad Max. Is there any legitimate chance they'll be cheaper on Amazon than they will be on Best Buy?

I think Transformers is $25.00 at Walmart.

No, the cheapest they'll be is what someone else is already offering out there. So Mad Max will be $25, and Transformers will likely be $25 and at most $30 which it already is now. Every single game Amazon listed is in someone else's Black Friday ad.

Just remember to immediately add it to your cart, THEN think about the price.

Hoping for Persona Q and Devil Survivor 2 to be on the cheap side. If it's just $30 I won't bite. Gravity Falls should get a big cut though. I've wanted to try it for a while, but it just seems like another soulless licensed game. I'll bite if it's under $15.

EthanC

Banned
I want to switch from Destiny on PS4 to Xbox One but 34.99 seems high for a BF deal. I wonder how low the MS deal will be this weekend for the digital version.

What about that sale earlier in the year that was supposed to be better than Black Friday? Does that mean this is going to be even worse?

Gravity Falls should get a big cut though.
It'll be $19.99, pricematching Gamestop. If there's any question how much Amazon will be discounting a game, you can pretty much just look at someone else's Black Friday ad. Amazon can't be bothered to originate their own deals; just pricematching other retailers, hiding those same deals behind Lightning Deals and laughably low quantities.

Hoping for Persona Q and Devil Survivor 2 to be on the cheap side.
They'll be pricematching Gamestop, so unfortunately, they'll both be $30.

Hoping the prices on Persona DAN and Persona Q are good.
They'll be $39.99 and $29.99 respectively, pricematching Gamestop.

. . .

Hopefully I'm wrong and just being needlessly cynical, but Amazon's gotten to be awfully predictable about all this.

It'll be $19.99, pricematching Gamestop. If there's any question how much Amazon will be discounting a game, you can pretty much just look at someone else's Black Friday ad. Amazon can't be bothered to originate their own deals; just pricematching other retailers, hiding those same deals behind Lightning Deals and laughably low quantities.

Probably, but I'll still check to see. Last year they put up TMNT Danger of the Ooze for $15 when everyone else had it at $20-$25. We'll have to see.

Toki767

I wouldn't even grab Transformers yet as Best Buy is virtually sure to have it for $25 between now and Christmas so it'll be $20 with GCU.

Yep. Amazon loses all my business because they make no effort and make it painful to get stuff from them. Last year I ordered everything Wednesday night from Best Buy before a single thing went up at Amazon and I was done and I got everything for 20% less than Amazon anyway. This year I ordered almost everything on Sunday night from Best Buy and all the games already arrived before a single sale from Amazon has started and I still got everything for 20% less. Amazon is a joke when it comes to Black Friday.

j0hnnix

god im debating.. buying the xbox one now through amazon since i have 185 in credits and buying games on cyber monday... ugh need help deciding. they have a gow xbox one for 330 i believe and that will be half with my credits.. or should i buy the games and wait to jump on targets cyber monday xbox one arghhh

bender

What time is it?
Seem a little weak.

Sums up my feelings on the majority of Black Friday deals this year. I think part of that is fewer game releases this year that I was on the fence about that I'd normally take a flier on during a Black Friday sale.

Chris R

Maybe TLOU if it drops low enough.

Meh at everything else. Still pissed Guitar Hero is getting a ton of deal but I've seen nothing for standalone Rock Band :(

Consumer

Amazon doesn't do sales on digital codes, right?

How is literally nobody else asking about digital sales except me & him?

Anyways, yes, Amazon have done digital deals in the past. That's why I'm so disappointed this year, as that doesn't seem to be the case for some reason. I'm going to contact Amazon this week and ask if they'll cosider price matching their digital codes.

Kusagari

There is about a zero percent chance the games also on sale at BB, Target and WM are cheaper on Amazon.

So you know the price for most of them already.

Top Bottom