• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.com - Black Friday 2015

that 19.99 deal for Until Dawn at best buy seems insane considering 20 bucks off is the most every other retailer will discount it

edit: physical

Zaheer

Just wondering, Amazon doesn't normally price match on video games, right? I see some people talking about it, though. Are they temporarily changing their policy for Black Friday?

Just wondering, Amazon doesn't normally price match on video games, right? I see some people talking about it, though. Are they temporarily changing their policy for Black Friday?

No, what you're seeing is people hoping Amazon will match a specific deal since that's all Amazon does on Black Friday; they only price match other deals. They have to do it so you can't request it on something you purchased or want to purchase.

Ponn

Banned

They usually price match all the time, that's all they do for their BF is price match the best deals from other retailers in lightning deals.

By the way their calendar is weird this year. I noticed there is like a mini calendar scrolling down the right hand side that has a few deals not showing up on the main calendar like Majoras Mask 3DS tomorrow morning and Disgaea 5 tomorrow night.

Armaly

Amazon sometimes price matches. When the holiday seasons aren't around there is even a tell us about a lower price option at the bottom of the product detail pages so you can show them where there are cheaper deals. Recently though they have just been price matching other retailer's deals.

Zaheer

No, what you're seeing is people hoping Amazon will match a specific deal since that's all Amazon does on Black Friday; they only price match other deals. They have to do it so you can't request it on something you purchased or want to purchase.

They usually price match all the time, that's all they do for their BF is price match the best deals from other retailers in lightning deals.

Amazon sometimes price matches. When the holiday seasons aren't around there is even a tell us about a lower price option at the bottom of the product detail pages so you can show them where there are cheaper deals. Recently though they have just been price matching other retailer's deals.

Got you. Thanks for answering. Good to know now that I can finally get rid of the promo credit I've been saving.

LiK

Amazon is basically gonna match every price out there. i wouldn't expect them to drop below BB and Target's recent deals.

EthanC

Banned
I just saw that amazon added the PS4 1TB CoD + Taken King bundle Gamestop was doing yesterday and today.

Yeah, they created a bunch of new PS4 and Xbox One bundles recently. They're all pretty much MSRP right now, but I assume they were created for a reason.

Yeah, they created a bunch of new PS4 and Xbox One bundles recently. They're all pretty much MSRP right now, but I assume they were created for a reason.

By the way I notice that when you go to the PS4 Uncharted (Digital) bundle a lil bit down it says a newer bundle is available which has the physical edition of Uncharted so I guess the one on special is gonna be Physical edition??

Yo forget the games, they are showing the deal prices for the movies! $4 blu-rays!!! HELL YEAH!!!
If you don't feel like waiting for the Amazon Lightning Deals, you can get the same movies at those same prices with a lot less hassle from walmart.com (and wherever else Amazon is price-matching).

bobawesome

Project Mirai DX for the 3DS...
EQMMXAI.gif

I've already told people I want it... Now I have to decide if I want to take the risk.

They said they were changing sales tactics, so new strategy could be price matching.

RBH

There are some new additions to the calendar (and I expect more additions over the next couple of days):

Nov 27th

YVRpAiQ.png

8cpWKhg.png

Mt9Rylz.png

JackEtc

No Vita deal??

UGHHHH

I'm just looking for an excuse to impulse buy one. Some retailer needs to give me that excuse already...

How is literally nobody else asking about digital sales except me & him?

Anyways, yes, Amazon have done digital deals in the past. That's why I'm so disappointed this year, as that doesn't seem to be the case for some reason. I'm going to contact Amazon this week and ask if they'll cosider price matching their digital codes.

I want digital too. No longer buying physical media.

LiK

I wonder if any of these deals will beat GCU prices.

doubt it. most will probably be the pre-GCU sale prices, imo. but sinc eBB screwed up my order with 3 games, i'm hoping the 3 games i wanted will drop to the same prices. still bitter about it.

Raw64life

Was holding out for a Wooly World deal. Glad I waited.

And people really need to stop praying for $30 PS+. $40 is the best you're gonna get. Deal with it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Was holding out for a Wooly World deal. Glad I waited.

And people really need to stop praying for $30 PS+. $40 is the best you're gonna get. Deal with it.

Yeah, that $30 was there cause the PS4 just came out and there were a bunch of new PlayStation owners that didn't have PS+. It was just to get them hooked

Kama_1082

Banned
doubt it. most will probably be the pre-GCU sale prices, imo. but sinc eBB screwed up my order with 3 games, i'm hoping the 3 games i wanted will drop to the same prices. still bitter about it.
Damn that sucks. All my games that I ordered came in today

the receipt was pretty clear what games i ordered so the person packing it was a fucking idiot. i should've made two separate orders to lessen the error.

Wait how are you not getting this corrected? They should have an inventory system that will clearly show the discrepancy.

Hoping to expand my 3DS library a tad, but other than that, I'm kind of struggling to think of any games I want to buy right now... most of the recent releases are either Gamefly stuff or I already own.

Consumer

It is high time console digital pricing changes. The problem is one part retailers/storefront and one part publishers. Nothing will change until gamers get loud about it though.

Not happening anytime soon though, because people are too sentimental & nostalgic about traditionally physical games/cases. They're afraid to own a license opposed to the disc itself. And of course they want the freedom to trade/sell games, even though you can gameshare with somebody and split game costs 50/50, which more than makes up for the inability to sell games IMO.

Society moves forward one gravestone at a time.
Perhaps the next generation of gamers will embrace digital media and prices will consequently lower.

Armaly

I want digital too. No longer buying physical media.

It is high time console digital pricing changes. The problem is one part retailers/storefront and one part publishers. Nothing will change until gamers get loud about it though.

Tony used to manage Amazon's digital game services and was great at it. Always taking in feedback and trying to get the best deals. There used to be a thread on cag where almost every day he'd talk with the community. Then he got promoted and Josh took over his position. Deals pretty much remained the same ones Tony fought to get before but with the new games we no longer saw those amazing discounts and bundles. Before his promotion I remember him mentioning that the Amazon psn storefront was put under his control and he was going to try to get a few deals. Damn shame.

Not happening anytime soon though, because people are too sentimental & nostalgic about physical games. They're afraid to own a license opposed to the disc itself. And of course they want the freedom to trade/sell games, even though you can gameshare with somebody and split game costs 50/50, which more than makes up for the inability to sell games IMO.

Society moves forward one gravestone at a time.
Perhaps the next generation of gamers will embrace digital media and prices will consequently lower.

You're delusional if you think games being all digital on consoles will ever make them cheaper without an open competitive market in place.

Top Bottom