• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Zero Time Dilemma Preorders - Aksys Watch Tax in Europe is 10x Atlus Tax!

Eusis

That's true. I'm not sure on what Amazon allows in terms of large amounts of storage cause they rent warehouses. I think.

Sorry if my post came across as aggressive. I'm also hoping they do digital codes, but I'm not holding out hope. Maybe Danny/Aksys can negotiate shipping prices with Amazon and fix this within the week? Here's to hope!

Also how the fuck is Gamestop of all stores the big damn heros sending out copies of games for watch owners. Lol.
GameStop probably has a better relationship with publishers to sort this stuff out (they probably WOULD have fallback systems in place for pre-order bonuses given how much they love to push and even demand them) and you're usually paying shipping and full price anyway.

Nevermind buying them in stores. For them it's just another of the weekly/daily/whenever shipments, not a person-by-person shipment.

Alucrid

Banned
That's true. I'm not sure on what Amazon allows in terms of large amounts of storage cause they rent warehouses. I think.

Sorry if my post came across as aggressive. I'm also hoping they do digital codes, but I'm not holding out hope. Maybe Danny/Aksys can negotiate shipping prices with Amazon and fix this within the week? Here's to hope!

Also how the fuck is Gamestop of all stores the big damn heros sending out copies of games for watch owners. Lol.

is gamestop actually mailing them out to customers? that tweet sounded like they'll have them in store for pick up

chrono01

No worries man, it's all good.

It's definitely a regrettable situation we find ourselves in, but I have a pretty good feeling that things will be fixed here rather shortly and/or we'll be compensated well for the troubles. Yes, we can only hope!

Well, a little disappointed right now. I was assured by a few Amazon reps that I'd get my game at launch but after checking shipping that just isn't a realistic outcome. Hoping I'm able to find it later today at gamestop or another store since I didn't preorder it.

Should I contact Amazon? I have not received any emails or notification from them. Will I miss out if I don't contact them?Don't wanna be the last to get the game from Amazon...

At least they upgraded my order to free AmazonGlobal priority shipping. I also told them that I want to keep my order and asked for an discount.

I give them until the end of the week to sort this out. It's hard, but we've got to stay strong, guys.

Well, a little disappointed right now. I was assured by a few Amazon reps that I'd get my game at launch but after checking shipping that just isn't a realistic outcome. Hoping I'm able to find it later today at gamestop or another store since I didn't preorder it.

Good luck. My GS got my Vita copy and someone elses 3DS copy and no more than that.

I just emailed to ask if it's a separate shipment or a single one. I do think it's not fair if Amazon have to pay for the additional shipping and understand why they will only ship once they get the watch since its not Amazon's fault.

I just hope they don't cancel my order if this get delayed for too long.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
The fact that a watch is not shipping on time is somewhat hilarious to me.

Also, being outside the US with a limited amount of tax free imports per year, I'd rather have them ship it all at once. I'm however at this point, considering to just cancel it and get it on Steam when it releases, which I planned to get it anyway since it came with bonuses as well.

Good luck. My GS got my Vita copy and someone elses 3DS copy and no more than that.
I'm assuming the results at my gamestop will be similar...which makes me nervous. I do live around a few stores though, like Meijer, Target, Best Buy, and even Toys R Us so maybe at least one of those stores will have a copy for Vita. Hoping Sony gets that PS TV patch out soon though because if I'm able to get the game but unable to play it I'm pretty much in the same boat I'm in now. Thank you for the good luck though, I'm sure I'll need it!

Why exactly are we not supposed to accept Amazon's delay confirmation?
Not 100% sure as to why, but I'm guessing it's because they have the games at the warehouses and that the game shouldn't be delayed at all. An Aksys worker tweeted for Amazon customers to not accept the delay confirmation so I'd just go with what they say.

Is the standard edition still shipping as normal? I really want a physical copy and I don't really care about the watch in the end, thinking about cancelling and swapping to the standard edition.

nope.
I won't go into the whole thing here, but I had such a horrible amazon customer service experience (seriously, shockingly bad), that I just emailed Jeff Bezos. We'll see what comes of it.

Note - this is not out of anger over the delayed games/watches. Shit happens, I get that. This was over having to deal with multiple incredibly rude CS members, being hung up on multiple times, and being called a liar.

So yeah, fun night.
what happened?
Well, it sounds like if Danny's comments are accurate, Amazon reneged on an agreement to split the game/watch.
I'm surprised they would have agreed to that. I've never seen Amazon split an item apart like that.

I was just curious as to why my shipment was delayed (when I spoke to two reps before on separate days both said I would get the game on release day) and I was told because I changed my payment method sixteen days before release I no longer qualified for release date delivery...

I was just curious as to why my shipment was delayed (when I spoke to two reps before on separate days both said I would get the game on release day) and I was told because I changed my payment method sixteen days before release I no longer qualified for release date delivery...

That payment thing is BS. Ive done it mjutiple times in the past and my friends have even done it 2 days before release with no change.

That payment thing is BS. Ive done it mjutiple times in the past and my friends have even done it 2 days before release with no change.

Yeah, definitely. I called them out on it because I too have changed payment two days, shoot, even less than twenty four hours of release, and still received the product on time. Pretty disappointed by Amazon right now. :/

Salarians

First the watch issue, then regular orders not shipping out either, and now it seems the game still isn't working on PSTVs for those who already have copies. What an unfortunate series of events. :(

I just got this message from Amazon after I asked for a discount:

To help compensate for this unexpected delay, we've already upgraded the shipping method to Amazon global priority at free of cost. Also, I've reduced 50% of the item cost to $19.95.

I expected maybe 10 $ off, but this is really something. You should all definitely shoot them a message about a discount too!

I've checked your order and can confirm "Zero Escape 3 - Limited Watch Bonus Edition - Nintendo 3DS " is now back-ordered. I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect this would happen.

wtf?

I got $10 promo credit but wtf?

chrono01

To help compensate for this unexpected delay, we've already upgraded the shipping method to Amazon global priority at free of cost. Also, I've reduced 50% of the item cost to $19.95.

I expected maybe 10 $ off, but this is really something. You should all definitely shoot them a message about a discount too!
Holy shit! 50% off?

Thoraxes

I have both 3DS and Vita Watch editions preordered on July 9th.

No e-mails yet.

(Still just buying this on Steam too for the trifecta)

Gonzon06

Whoa! trying this now, thanks for the heads up

Zakard

Sending out digitial codes for those who pre-ordered might be the easiest way for them? I think this would be a good solution for everyone. They don't need Amazon for this and they could do it in the near future.

Holy shit! 50% off?
Yep!
j3LQ6HMh.jpg

Wow. That's pretty cool of them.

Sending out digitial codes for those who pre-ordered might be the easiest way for them? I think this would be a good solution for everyone. They don't need Amazon for this and they could do it in the near future.
Actually they would need to send the codes to Amazon because they don't know emails.

Some people are getting them Wed. apparently?

Toki767

How many codes do you think they'd need to ask Sony/Nintendo to generate for them though? lol

Zakard

Actually they would need to send the codes to Amazon because they don't know emails.

Sure, they could do it this way, but if Amazon would not do it then maybe people could just send a screenshot of their pre-order? I dont really think that any buyer of the watch edition would cancel after receiving a digital code from them.

How many codes do you think they'd need to ask Sony/Nintendo to generate for them though? lol

Depends on how many bought the edition. No idea how limited the edition really is. I dont even know ,if they would want keys, how quickly they could get them.

Wazzy

Banned
I sent an email just now. I'm still under delivered yet no shipment date or anything is shown and I haven't received any emails about delays and what not when I ordered this last year too. Hopefully I get a response soon.

GHound

I sent an email just now. I'm still under delivered yet no shipment date or anything is shown and I haven't received any emails about delays and what not when I ordered this last year too. Hopefully I get a response soon.

Are you me? lol

Only just found out an hour ago the damn game didn't ship yesterday like it should have. Some pretty amateur hour stuff going on here.

Cody_D165

Banned
If it wasn't for the Steam version being revealed, I would be pretty mad. I preordered this a long time in advance and I was hoping to have a copy for Uchikoshi to sign at AX. Guess I'll have to settle for an autograph notebook...

Why not a copy of 999 or VLR? :)

Lain

I was toying with the idea of canceling my year long preorder the other day since ever after they announced the Steam release, PC is where I'll be playing it, but I decided to keep it (at worst I could have resold it).
This delay felt like a godsend to me, as the game+shipping was $67 or so and it would have shipped right in the middle of the Steam sale before, but then the possibility it'd still ship on time but separated, which could mean double customs to pay for something I don't really want anymore and which I was keeping only for collectible sake... well I canceled my preorder (not before going to search for watch pictures to be doubly sure about my choice though).

One way or the other, this delay was good to me.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, sent a polite email to Amazon CS. Probably won't do much, but I'm dying here!

FG8NVdv.gif

Wazzy

Banned
Hmmm this is the email I got in response to my email:

Hello,

I'm very sorry about the delay in sending your order.

While looking into this, I found a problem that was preventing your order from shipping. This is corrected now, and your order will be shipping soon.

As soon as your order has shipped, we'll send you a confirmation e-mail.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

We hope to see you again soon.
That really doesn't tell me much but oh well. I'll see if there is an update and if not I'll be sending another email.

Are you me? lol

Only just found out an hour ago the damn game didn't ship yesterday like it should have. Some pretty amateur hour stuff going on here.

Yeah it's pretty annoying even though I'll double dip to play this early.

Shit, nice. How'd you phrase the message to them?

I told them that I want to keep my order, that the least they could do is to give me some sort of discount or voucher and that I hope that they can resolve this situation as soon as possible.

Pretty basic stuff haha.

Thanks, I saw above you basically already mentioned what you said. It's just I'm usually super indirect which is probably why I get NOTHING but I just sent them an email and nicely asked for a discount so here's hoping.

Cody_D165

Banned
Would it work better as an email or contactng customer service directly through chat?

In my past experiences I find that chat works better but either way can't hurt.

I spoke with a rep just now and he didn't offer a discount but he did completely remove my shipping cost for me (don't have Prime) since I told him I'd likely be buying a second copy of the game on release now anyway and this one won't make release date anyway. They're expecting delivery on the 30th. That was cool of them I guess.

I see some of you are having better luck though. I'm not very good at complaining :p

Their lack of transparency on the matter is a bit strange IMO.

bilas

Banned
Aksys really messed up the release...How can Amazon ship the game first and then the watch later? They don't work like that, they wait for the watches..I don't know what is Aksys doing tbh..Oh well, at least I ordered from VGP, should arrive today.

The dumbass that I talked to on Amazon Chat a few hours ago just sent me an email explaining what "out of stock" means.

What a stupid tool.

EDIT: So I'm in the "normal edition" camp and I just bugged the CS about my copy again, and they just told me this:
Upon checking with our inventory team , item is coming in stock in first week of July.

Whoop -__-

Top Bottom