• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Zero Time Dilemma Preorders - Aksys Watch Tax in Europe is 10x Atlus Tax!

Recompose

Neo Member
E-mailed them and didn't get any crazy discounts, but they did waive the $18 I would have otherwise paid for with the one-day shipping option I chose. I don't have Prime and I really wanted to ensure that I received it on the day of my birthday, lol.

E-mailed them and didn't get any crazy discounts, but they did waive the $18 I would have otherwise paid for with the one-day shipping option I chose. I don't have Prime and I really wanted to ensure that I received it on the day of my birthday, lol.

Happy Birthday?

LiK

I would like Aksys to do a proper post on their site about this situation. Sorry, but these random tweets from Dan just ain't doing it for me. They need to be upfront about it and explain what's going on so people won't be speculating about it. Hopefully once they get this shit resolved with Amazon, they will explain the entire situation to us.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I would like Aksys to do a proper post on their site about this situation. Sorry, but these random tweets from Dan just ain't doing it for me. They need to be upfront about it and explain what's going on so people won't be speculating about it. Hopefully once they get this shit resolved with Amazon, they will explain the entire situation to us.
Agree. Need some info, it's release day

No doubt about it. There was a screw up obviously, but they shouldnt keep those who have the game preordered a year in the dark.

Kusagari

I seriously think something is not being said here.

It makes no sense normal edition people, like myself, aren't getting this today if Amazon has had this for days as Aksys says. I doubt Amazon is just fucking over Prime users for no reason.

It makes no sense normal edition people, like myself, aren't getting this today if Amazon has had this for days as Aksys says. I doubt Amazon is just fucking over Prime users for no reason.

I preordered the watch edition, but I agree, at least the normal edition should have had a release date delivery. There's absolutely nothing holding it up except poor planning.

Agreed. I tried to cancel my order yesterday to just get it digitally today but it wouldn't let me cancel. I got an email this morning saying it has shipped with estimated delivery of Thursday 6/30

aett

I pre-ordered the normal edition for Vita, which of course hasn't even started processing yet. I emailed Amazon CS this morning and the response told me that the item was on back order and would ship as soon as possible. They also gave me $5 in credit. Not as nice as 50% off, but I do have Prime so I already had the 20% off and free shipping.

Joqu

Amazon was pretty stubborn when I contacted them about the delay, maybe I don't have the discount haggling skills some of you guys do. Rep was pretty insistent I should wait a few days before they should try and work something out for me because they were confident the situation would change within the next few hours, but also that their current estimate says it'll take them up until four weeks to ship the game out to me? Sure, I'll wait a day so I can at least say I did that, but that's not exactly an acceptable estimate you've got there.

I mean I wish I had a watch edition on order, even if it's delayed, but I'd sure like to know what's up with my regular ass standard edition copy you're supposed to have.

I pre-ordered the normal edition for Vita, which of course hasn't even started processing yet. I emailed Amazon CS this morning and the response told me that the item was on back order and would ship as soon as possible. They also gave me $5 in credit. Not as nice as 50% off, but I do have Prime so I already had the 20% off and free shipping.

Friend of mine pre-ordered the normal edition for Vita about last August and he got the same message. Is it possible that Aksys didn't deliver enough copies to even fulfill pre-orders? If you go and try to buy the game now from Amazon is doesn't show that it is available and has an estimated availability of two to four weeks.

Oh well, I've now resigned myself that it's not going to arrive before I leave on a trip. Say, does anyone know if a vita game will survive being left in a hot mailbox during the middle of summer for a week or two? :(

LProtag

GameStop had one copy for Vita that I went in and picked up.

Might just cancel my watch order. I just wanted to play the game ASAP and now I can.

Jawmuncher

I emailed instead of chat and was offered a $10 promo credit or free month of prime. Really weird that there was no official press release on the matter, and just tweets.

Agreed. I tried to cancel my order yesterday to just get it digitally today but it wouldn't let me cancel. I got an email this morning saying it has shipped with estimated delivery of Thursday 6/30

When did you preorder if i may ask?

Edit:
Just got an email from amazon after contacting their cs via chat that they have canceled my order.

"Hello,

Thank you for taking time to contact Amazon.com. We really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, we don't have any more stock of Zero Time Dilemma: Limited Watch Bonus Edition Vita
right now, and we're not sure when we'll be able to get more.

Our supply of some items is limited, and these products sell out quickly. I realize this is disappointing news, and I'm sorry we had to cancel your order.

I'd suggest checking our website from time to time to see if this item is available. If anyone is selling it, you'll see a "More Buying Choices" box on the product detail page. If it's not available from any sellers, you might see an "Alert me" link; "Alert me" allows you to sign up to be e-mailed when Amazon has stock available for purchase.

If you still need help, please don't hesitate to contact us again:"

Funny because I got this email while talking to the cs rep and the rep says my order isn't actually canceled. What a fucking mess.

aett

Well, now I'm especially glad that I picked up Steins;Gate during the PSN sale a few days ago. Should keep me busy until ZTD releases.

GameStop had one copy for Vita that I went in and picked up.

Might just cancel my watch order. I just wanted to play the game ASAP and now I can.
My gamestop had one copy, but they opened it. Given my previous experiences I no longer purchase opened "new" games so I had to pass on it. Feels bad but I may just have to go digital again.

Got an extra month of Prime, which is better than nothing.*shrug* I had a separate order for the 3DS and Vita version each and sent mails for each of them.

One of the reps told me the issue was that payment couldn't be authorized because the card I used initially was deactivated; while it's true my card details changed over the year, that's basically a lie since Amazon always sends emails if they can't get their money. They haven't even tried charging for the items as of yet, at least not for me.

Nothing left to do now but sit back and hope I can dodge spoilers until the game ships.

atomsk

Party Pooper
My gamestop had one copy, but they opened it. Given my previous experiences I no longer purchase opened "new" games so I had to pass on it. Feels bad but I may just have to go digital again.

This happened to me with VLR, when I was the ONLY PREORDER AND ONLY COPY THEY GOT, and they gutted the game and put it on the fucking shelf.

Which is the reason I went with Amazon this time.

And we can all see how well that's going

H3mDrU9.gif

LiK

I can't even order the Vita copy on BB site. It's sold out. I have $10 points to burn on it. So I guess no go there at all. Seriously not buying a second copy at full price on GS or PSN.

daveo42

Banned
These Amazon issues is really pushing me towards buying it digitally. Real surprised as how fucked this seems because I've had zero issues with getting games from them on time with no hassle.

Akibared

Going to my Gamestop to pick up my copy now I'm really happy I kept that preorder even after getting the Amazon one. The manager is telling me I will get a watch when they get those in I didn't know I was supposed to get one.

Well my Gamestop had one 3ds version. It was opened but I couldnt care less because it just came out this morning so no one used it. Had the Vita edition preordered on Amazon but just going to cancel that now

I had not been watching this topic that much but was surpised that the game had not shipped despite what I've herd. If Amazon just didn't get enough thats fine but I don't get why they didn't say anything and still haven't. I didn't get an email about this situation at all did anyone else who ordered through amazon?

Welp, this is the last time I order a game I actually want from Amazon. Next time I'm sticking to Best Buy like I always do. 2-4 extra weeks just for the game I ordered almost a year ago is bullshit.

Hylian7

Welp, this is the last time I order a game I actually want from Amazon. Next time I'm sticking to Best Buy like I always do. 2-4 extra weeks just for the game I ordered almost a year ago is bullshit.
I had a worse experience at Best Buy honestly, but if this takes weeks then this will be worse.

Recompose

Neo Member
I really shouldn't be doing this since I'm low on cash atm, but according to the website, the GameStop close to my workplace will have a few copies available. I'll be running down there during my lunch break.

I really want this.

I had not been watching this topic that much but was surpised that the game had not shipped despite what I've herd. If Amazon just didn't get enough thats fine but I don't get why they didn't say anything and still haven't. I didn't get an email about this situation at all did anyone else who ordered through amazon?

Amazon has not shipped any copies whatsoever -- LE or regular.

And, no, I did not get an email about the delay.

I somehow have a preorder with no money down. Says I owe $39.99 - maube I did it online with in store pickup. Can't remember. I'll see if they have it in a couple hours. Will it survive 3 hours before they sell my preorder? This store is actually pretty good so I doubt they will.

Ordered on the 9th of July, still haven't received any contact from Amazon. There's something super fucked about this whole situation because that I can remember in probably a decade of ordering games from Amazon that a release date has come around and I haven't even gotten an email letting me know that either my order had shipped or there was a problem that was going to cause a delay.

I even got an email for the Majora's Mask LE letting me know that there might be a problem and a delay due to low stock and I still got it on release day like planned. The silence, the two to four week current delay, and being out of stock at Best Buy makes me wonder if Aksys just couldn't deliver enough stock.

Oh yes, because Best Buy has an AMAZING track record with pre-orders and LEs...

Akibared

I somehow have a preorder with no money down. Says I owe $39.99 - maube I did it online with in store pickup. Can't remember. I'll see if they have it in a couple hours. Will it survive 3 hours before they sell my preorder? This store is actually pretty good so I doubt they will.

Gamestop? They hold for 48 hours.

GameStop holds reserves and pre orders for 2 days, don't worry about it.

JoeFu

Banned
This is freaking stupid. Not only did I email Amazon about it, they told me about the Vita version, which I didn't even order lol. No freebie yet. Guess I'll just get digital version. So dumb...

I think worst case will be Aksys telling us to go buy it elsewhere, while having some special way to request our free watches with proof of Amazon pre-order.

Top Bottom