• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Zero Time Dilemma Preorders - Aksys Watch Tax in Europe is 10x Atlus Tax!

This is really bizarre for a CS rep to just say that without sitting in a warehouse looking at the lack of ZTD copies.

Yeah, not sure why people are holding up some random CS rep's word. They don't really know what's going on regarding the game, I'd be surprised if a significant number of them had even heard of it prior to today, given the hundreds of thousands of products sold on Amazon that any of them might get asked about. They don't call shots and they're not involved with any of the decision making, and like you say they aren't able to go to the warehouse and actually check. In that way his response strikes me as a little unprofessional.

YAAAS gamestop had an extra vita version and I was able to get ittt~

This whole release with the watch has been such a mess I don't even know who to blame. But meanwhile, imma be playing.

Well my download finally finished. I assumed they patched the game by now for compatibility (with ps tv), of course I was wrong though, so now I play the waiting game...hopefully this is fixed soon. Seen a reddit thread that said they don't think Sony will fix this issue at all and if that's the case...well...things won't be looking good for me. :(

tensuke

Well my download finally finished. I assumed they patched the game by now for compatibility, of course I was wrong though, so now I play the waiting game...hopefully this is fixed soon. Seen a reddit thread that said they don't think Sony will fix this issue at all and if that's the case...well...things won't be looking good for me. :(

Patched for what compatibility? PSTV?

//ARCANUM

Well my download finally finished. I assumed they patched the game by now for compatibility, of course I was wrong though, so now I play the waiting game...hopefully this is fixed soon. Seen a reddit thread that said they don't think Sony will fix this issue at all and if that's the case...well...things won't be looking good for me. :(

are you talking about it not working on PS TV? If Sony doesn't..... and it's advertised right there on the box..... they would *have* to do something for customers. That would be super messed up if they didn't. Did Aksys not test this on PSTV? Did they just assume it would work?

Or are you talking about something else entirely?

Brine

Pretty disappointed with Amazon about this whole thing, just hoping it comes in the next week or so, cause the game itself hasn't even shipped yet. I also hope I don't get spoiled somehow since I'll def be late to the party

JeTmAn81

Gamestop hold FAIL! No more Vita copies within a 100 mile radius. Reluctantly putting a hold on a 3DS copy now.

Edit: Yoink! The 3DS copy has mysteriously vanished now as well. Guess I'm screwed. Thanks Amazon, Aksys or whoever.

Edit2: Un-yoink? I guess the message about the 3DS copy being no longer available showed up because I reserved it. Weird that they would show that to the person who reserved it. Now I got a message saying it's being held for me. But now I've gone and held a Vita copy at a local game store, but they won't get them in until tomorrow. Decisions...

are you talking about it not working on PS TV? If Sony doesn't..... and it's advertised right there on the box..... they would *have* to do something for customers. That would be super messed up if they didn't. Did Aksys not test this on PSTV? Did they just assume it would work?

There's an issue that Aksys and Sony are already working to resolve

Yeah, a patch for PS tv compatibility. I'm sure they tested it though, and I'm sure that a reviewer played it on ps tv as well. At least one had to I'm almost sure. An Aksys worker said that Sony is "looking into it" so hopefully it will come by the end of the night. I'd hate to have just spent that money on something I may not be able to use. :(

BTA

Gamestop hold FAIL! No more Vita copies within a 100 mile radius. Reluctantly putting a hold on a 3DS copy now.

Edit: Yoink! The 3DS copy has mysteriously vanished now as well. Guess I'm screwed. Thanks Amazon, Aksys or whoever.

I just checked. The closest is 30 minutes away. I'd need to get a ride but I could get some other errands done nearby so if there's no announcement today... we'll see.

The fact that the closest is GameStop 666 is a little concerning, perhaps.

Well, I cancelled my Amazon Watch order, and picked it up from GameStop.

The Watch would've been nice, but this has turned out to be a massive cluster -- and who knows when the game would ship, let alone the watch.

Yeah, a patch for PS tv compatibility. I'm sure they tested it though, and I'm sure that a reviewer played it on ps tv as well. At least one had to I'm almost sure. An Aksys worker said that Sony is "looking into it" so hopefully it will come by the end of the night. I'd hate to have just spent that money on something I may not be able to use. :(
Review copies were not playable on PS TV.

At this point, I am willing to say that both Aksys and Amazon shit the bed on this one. Well, at least I got $10 off (about $22 total) so I might just buy the PSN version. I do so love rewarding a fuck-up with an extra $20.

Why does Akane treat Junpei like a perv? I only remember him being all that pervy during that wet joke from 999

y spoilers in this thread

Letep

Well, since my Vita Limited edition isn't shipping at all, not even the game, I figured I'd just order the 3DS version on Amazo...oh, wait. It's sold out and won't be back in stock for 2-4 weeks.

Is Sony partially responsible for that? I almost want them to be just so we can keep adding more and more villains
Well, the thread creator on reddit seems to think so because I guess they shut down service for part of it? I'm not sure how truthful that is since I don't stay on top of news like that but if that's the case then hopefully they fix it soon.

Salarians

Is Sony partially responsible for that? I almost want them to be just so we can keep adding more and more villains
Possibly? There needs to be either a patch for the game or an update to the PSTV itself to allow the game to be played. I assume at least.

I imagine the PSTV issue will be resolved relatively quickly, but you'd like to think it'd be ready at launch, especially when it's advertised on the package.

Vitacat

This is really bad. Amazon says about a month delay for my order (Vita watch version -- I ordered 3DS too, but cancelled since reviews clearly say Vita is the best one).

I placed my orders OVER A YEAR ago. How does this even happen?

This is really bad. Amazon says about a month delay for my order (Vita watch version -- I ordered 3DS too, but cancelled since reviews clearly say Vita is the best one).

I placed my orders OVER A YEAR ago. How does this even happen?
Because they're estimating it based off when the watch bundle is coming in. The issue is that they're having difficulty sending out the regular edition in place of the limited edition.

//ARCANUM

Possibly? There needs to be either a patch for the game or an update to the PSTV itself to allow the game to be played. I assume at least.

I imagine the PSTV issue will be resolved relatively quickly, but you'd like to think it'd be ready at launch, especially when it's advertised on the package.

Sony deciding to make PSTV use a whitelist for games to work was such an idiotic choice.

Yup, cancelled my Vita preorder. Ended up with getting a copy from Gamestop for the 3DS. No point in dishing out an extra 35$ just for the watch.

Tohsaka

Well, the thread creator on reddit seems to think so because I guess they shut down service for part of it? I'm not sure how truthful that is since I don't stay on top of news like that but if that's the case then hopefully they fix it soon.

They didn't shut down service for any part of the PSTV, that's bullshit. Adventures of Mana just came out today and is compatible, and I've been using my PSTV for Vita games pretty much exclusively for over a year.

They didn't shut down service for any part of the PSTV, that's bullshit. Adventures of Mana just came out today and is compatible, and I've been using my PSTV for Vita games pretty much exclusively for over a year.
Yeah I didn't think it was true because I've used my PSTV for about the same amount of time, just for older games like Tales of Hearts R, and Persona 4 Golden.

Arthos

Just got a delivery estimate of Friday for my Vita preorder (watch edition here). Nothing yet on my 3DS one.

Just spoke to CS and was told we'd be receiving an e-mail with a delivery update sometime this week.

I'm fine with waiting a few days if we do get it at the end of the week.

georly

Ok. Finally found a store w/ a copy. All set. Sigh.

Apparently people had called asking for the 'watch edition' in-store, which they didn't have, so they passed on my copy, thankfully.

wcvince

Neo Member
Thankfully, I was able to get a Vita copy from the GameStop by my work. Gonna keep my watch version preorder too, want it to go next to the other two :(

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Same. Of all the people feeling left out, I feel the most left out! Unless it magically shows up on my door, I guess I'm gonna double-dip on Steam...

Neither have I, and I've got two separate orders for both platforms.
Guess they didn't send it to everyone. I have yet to actually complain to CS over the delay. If it ends up being a long time I may have to go with Steam, too.

ChrisD

Dang, this sure has caused some dilemmas. The zero amount of cares given by each company, every time, appears to be a mess as well.

im sorry, I was browsing and this dumb joke just popped in my mind when I saw this thread

For real, hope you guys who pre-ordered forever ago get what you placed an order on. That's not even right, having such an uncertainty as a consumer over what you've done a year in advance.

Top Bottom