• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Zero Time Dilemma Preorders - Aksys Watch Tax in Europe is 10x Atlus Tax!

Geedorah

Dang Amazon not offering a penny for this...
No credit,no free month, nothing.

Same boat. Ordered a year ago.

All they are saying is "I do understand and seeing that you have placed this order so long it is unclear to me why you were not given a delivery date or a guaranteed release date delivery trust me if there was anything that I could do from my end to ensure you got this item today I would."

Empty words when I don't have what I paid for tbh...

JoeFu

Banned

All they are saying is "I do understand and seeing that you have placed this order so long it is unclear to me why you were not given a delivery date or a guaranteed release date delivery trust me if there was anything that I could do from my end to ensure you got this item today I would."

They made it a point I don't charged until item is shipped loooool. This is so stupid.

BlackJace

The struggle is real at Gamestop. Idk about y'all, but in my area, there are very few copies in stores if you haven't pre ordered. I managed to secure a copy, but YMMV.

Good luck fam.

The struggle is real at Gamestop. Idk about y'all, but in my area, there are very few copies in stores if you haven't pre ordered. I managed to secure a copy, but YMMV.

Good luck fam.

Yeah, it's rough in NYC right now.

The usual Mom & Pop shops had it over the weekend and sold out. I'm kicking myself for not getting it on Saturday.

This is basically what I got. Honestly I understand that delays happen. What pisses me off is the complete and utter silence from Amazon about the issue. I had to contact them to see what happened and what do i get? "We don't know when we are getting copies but we'll keep you updated" as well as a generic we're sorry. No compensation either. They said they fulfill orders in order preorders were placed. Does anyone remember when preorders opened up for the watch edtion?

Yeah, standard. I was paranoid since it said it was coming in on Wednesday. And lo. Good thing too. My GS had ONE (non-preordered) copy left and I was going to grab it if this didn't pan out.

//ARCANUM

Both of my amazon watch edition orders show no movement. I called a gamestop this morning and they actually had ONE copy in addition to pre-orders (when I called yesterday they had zero, so maybe someone cancelled?). They held it for me and I picked it up. Thank you jesus. I'll be playing tonight. Who knows if Amazon will come through in the next month even :/

georly

No stores within a 30 mile radius of me have one available. Oh well ;_;

Was really hoping to have one to play until amazon's arrived, but alas.

No stores within a 30 mile radius of me have one available. Oh well ;_;

Was really hoping to have one to play until amazon's arrived, but alas.

You should still call. My search found similar results, but when I called 2 stores had a copy available

georly

You should still call. My search found similar results, but when I called 2 stores had a copy available

This *is* after calling. They either had 0 or 1 extra and they're all gone now. I had a meeting when they first opened so i missed my chance to grab the one.

Alucrid

Banned
well that was easy. like a 2 second chat with me typing in 3 sentences got me a $10 credit and free 1 day shipping. i'll keep my order and play star ocean until then.

thanks amazon for the customer service and thanks askys for the broken watches

BTA

Wish I knew to push harder with Amazon CS last night. I did the chat around 11 or so; they told me August 10th and just waived my one day shipping fee. If they'd given me a discount I probably would've grabbed a digital copy while I waited, like someone mentioned earlier.

well that was easy. like a 2 second chat with me typing in 3 sentences got me a $10 credit and free 1 day shipping. i'll keep my order and play star ocean until then.

thanks amazon for the customer service and thanks askys for the broken watches

I wonder why different cs reps are more willing to give out compensation and others its like they'd rather get fired then give anything away for free.

Wish I knew to push harder with Amazon CS last night. I did the chat around 11 or so; they told me August 10th and just waived my one day shipping fee. If they'd given me a discount I probably would've grabbed a digital copy while I waited, like someone mentioned earlier.

Same here but when I basically get "we'll keep you updated and we don't know when its coming" and thats it why should I even bother keeping my preorder with you?

volgihn

Managed to get a month of prime yay /s.
My local Gamestop has a Vita copy reserved for me. I might go pick it up sometime later.

Alucrid

Banned
I wonder why different cs reps are more willing to give out compensation and others its like they'd rather get fired then give anything away for free.

Same here but when I basically get "we'll keep you updated and we don't know when its coming" and thats it why should I even bother keeping my preorder with you?

dunno. could be the way you start the conversation. maybe it's because i'm prime. they had a strange copy-paste message thanking me for being a prime member that i hadn't seen before. i didn't even say anything about being upset or compensation. i just inquired about a potential delay.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just voice my displeasure and highlight that I'm a returning customer disappointed with the service I'm receiving. It's worked so far when I have a problem. When my launch ps4 was a couple days late they took 20% off the price.

Hikami

Guess I'll see if I can get Amazon to give me a discount as well. I'll just get the game digital and still keep the order if they do.

If it's anything like my job chances that you get fired for NOT giving away money are basically 0. At worst you get coaching on how to use appeasements to get customers off your back.

That said I still really wanted a 5-10$ off coupon. :< Oh well.

And if you didn't order a watch edition, there's nothing to keep you from cancelling and getting the order elsewhere (I'd actually just try that if I didn't have watch editions).

GameStop holds reserves and pre orders for 2 days, don't worry about it.

In college they gave away my Valkyria Chronicles artbook and I oh got it because my friend (picking it up with me) gave me his. He then put a stink and told the regional manager to get him one or he would stop preordering from them (he spent a lot wouldn't be surprised if it was the most in the area) and they tracked one down for him. I know it depends on the store and it's employees more than anything but I do remember hearing about some memo saying it was okay to sell some preordered xbox game. Maybe halo but I could be remembering it wrong. Moral of the story is I always worry.

Edit: Went in and she said they didn't get it in yet but she saw my preorder and would call me when she got it in and later on when the watch comes in as well. I think I was the only preorder here. I only did it in case I couldn't get one at Amazon which I did. I tried to cancel it after but you can't cancel online preorders online so I didn't even bother.

I talked to Amazon support and they upgraded my order to global priority shipping and waived all shipping charges. They haven't got a clue when it will ship though.

Cody_D165

Banned

Maybe try linking the thread when talking with CS and asking for similar treatment? Here's a transcript of the email I received, minus URLs. Hopefully it can help some of you out...

Amazon Customer Service said:
Hello,

I understand your concern about the discount for "Zero Escape 3 - Limited Watch Bonus Edition - Nintendo 3DS".

I see this item hasn't been released yet. We'll make sure to update our website listing when we have more information.

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day on the release date.

However, as one time exception, to compensate for any inconvenience caused, I've reduced the price of the item to $19.99.

This is what you'll be charged for the item when your order ships, but you may still see an authorization for the original amount on your account. Please contact your bank for more information about how long they hold payment authorizations for online purchases.

Once shipped, a detailed summary of your adjusted order, including the new order total, can be found here:

[link removed]

For your reference, I've included the order total here:

Item: Zero Escape 3 - Limited Watch Bonus Edition - Nintendo 3DS
Item Price: $19.99

Order Total:
Subtotal: $19.99
Tax: $0.00
========================================
Order Total: $19.99

I understand you need the item soon.

Therefore, I've kept a note on your account so that we'll e-mail you as soon as we have more information from our suppliers and you can also check our website time to time for more information.

Further, I've passed your message on to the inventory department in our company for consideration so that they can make arrangements to avail this item.

Should you require any further assistance with this issue, please write to us using the link below:

[link removed]

Rest assured we're always here to help you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experiencetoday.

Best regards,
Rajasmita

Keep in mind this was an email I sent even after one of the CS reps on chat was already super nice and dropped my shipping cost to zero... Their CS is pretty phenomenal but it seems it can vary.

Chairhome

Mine appears to have been delivered, but guess I ordered the non watch version. I thought I ordered the watch one but it doesn't say it on my order.

Eblo

I was looking through @Aksys_Danny's tweets for anything, and @VKrimson posted this:

@Aksys_Danny here is your statement from amazon. "Yes, they (Aksys) are lying"

CmDG9X9WIAAkKNW.jpg

I'm a prime member and I wasn't mean to the cs rep. I try to be as civil as possible and clearly aired out my grievances against them and the complete lack of silence up to today in regards to my order and it just felt like I was being told "tough luck, you'll get it when you'll get it", That sucks. It was like talking to a brick wall. Anyways I emailed them about my unsatisfactory cs experience and we'll see where that goes.

Tried my luck with Amazon CS. At first the guy just offered me free one-day shipping, which knowing what went on here, I didn't find acceptable. He then bumped it up to $5 gift balance and a free month of Prime. More importantly though, he asked about the game itself and it seems like I persuaded him to check it out on Steam when it releases.

Alucrid

Banned
Tried my luck with Amazon CS. At first the guy just offered me free one-day shipping, which knowing what went on here, I didn't find acceptable. He then bumped it up to $5 gift balance and a free month of Prime. More importantly though, he asked about the game itself and it seems like I persuaded him to check it out on Steam when it releases.

the ot says you have to play 999 and vlr first, you're a monster

For people that are desperate, maybe you can try getting one off the aksys website? I never ordered anything off them before, but they must have plenty of stock!

In college they gave away my Valkyria Chronicles artbook and I oh got it because my friend (picking it up with me) gave me his. He then put a stink and told the regional manager to get him one or he would stop preordering from them (he spent a lot wouldn't be surprised if it was the most in the area) and they tracked one down for him. I know it depends on the store and it's employees more than anything but I do remember hearing about some memo saying it was okay to sell some preordered xbox game. Maybe halo but I could be remembering it wrong. Moral of the story is I always worry.

That sucks. Their official policy is to hold for 48 hours, but I guess sometimes people don't give a fuck.

volgihn

I honestly don't trust Amazon cs since yesterday while on chat I had 2 different people tell me they don't ship anything before the release date.

Was at GameStop right when they opened this morning but they had 0, they didn't even have any preorders. They checked around and all the other stores had were one or two preorders. Was going to cancel my watch one from Amazon if I found one in store, oh well

Top Bottom