• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Zero Time Dilemma Preorders - Aksys Watch Tax in Europe is 10x Atlus Tax!

Hylian7

So if I understand this correctly, Gamestop IS in fact shipping the games now, and watches later like expected, right?

So if they are doing it right, then isn't Amazon doing it wrong their fuckup here?

kewlmyc

i wouldn't put stock into the 1 month thing. they say that for all delayed orders that require approval. here's hoping it ships sooner.

But rumor is that the watches broke being shipped to Aksys. Who knows how long it'll take to get them then.

I said it before, but I cancelled my watch order earlier today and I'm just getting it digitally. I'd recommend others do the same unless they really hate digital for some reason.

So if I understand this correctly, Gamestop IS in fact shipping the games now, and watches later like expected, right?

So if they are doing it right, then isn't Amazon doing it wrong their fuckup here?

From a buisness standpoint, Amazon shouldn't have to go out of there way to fix something Aksys fucked up on, especially if it'll fuck up their SKUs. It's a shitty situation all around, but everyone blaming just Amazon seems unwarranted.

It's Amazon's call whether they want to have to handle two shipments instead of one. Apparently Amazon doesn't seem to be doing this, or Aksys was under the impression that they were and were mistaken (either through misinterpreting, assuming, or Amazon going back on their word).

"Amzn ZTD folk- 1. Don't cancel. 2. Don't approve your insane wait. 3. Don't buy a 2nd copy. I'll raise hell, see what I can come up with." -Dan from Aksys Twitter page.

BlackJace

Canceled my Amazon order. I'll hunt for it at a GS during my lunch hour. Either that or I'll go digital.

I JUST WANT TO PLAY ZTD
LLShC.gif

Ibuki

Banned
"Amzn ZTD folk- 1. Don't cancel. 2. Don't approve your insane wait. 3. Don't buy a 2nd copy. I'll raise hell, see what I can come up with." -Dan from Aksys Twitter page.

He has been trying to make something happen for a while now, what are we supposed to wait for?

LiK

already approved it. maybe they should try to get the game+watch SKUs on their own store like the old days.

I really appreciate this guy's devotion to fans, but this whole fiasco seems like a prime example of why companies go silent on issues like this until a solution is reached and a statement can be made. What a nightmare, all around.

Hylian7

What does he mean by "approve your insane wait"?

I wonder why Amazon won't get back to him, seems kind of ridiculous.

LiK

What does he mean by "approve your insane wait"?

I wonder why Amazon won't get back to him, seems kind of ridiculous.

Amazon sent out emails to some customers (like me) to approve the delay for the orders. if you don't approve it, they will cancel your orders after a month.

D-Man

I trust Dan, but I don't think I can wait much longer. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow at noon, I'm cancelling and finding the game at GameStop.

I have a feeling they want amazon to eat the shipping costs and are in negotiations.

He has been trying to make something happen for a while now, what are we supposed to wait for?

for everyone to give up like people did waiting for a patch to fix VLR 3DS

Ugh this sucks. Hopefully they get it all sorted out tomorrow or something. I would cancel my Amazon order but the nearest Gamestop is a 40 minute drive away. Just have to hope I suppose.

I want that watch. I'll wait however long it takes, but I may buy a 2nd copy digital just to play. That's how much I care about this series.

Vlaphor

I pre-ordered the watch edition way back last year the day it was announced...and now it's getting delayed. Hmm...that's ok (I tell myself), I still have several other Vita games to play.

Great Guy

Approved the amazon delay before I read that tweet but not personally too salty about it. A shitshow, sure, but I have many games to play. Do feel for you all who wanted it on release with watch though.

Restating what I said in the OT, but supposedly my game arrived today. I never got an email though saying it was delivered which is strange. It's 12 am here, the house alarm has been set so I can't go outside to check if it's there or else everyone here will have a heart attack here. Will have to check in the morning.

Edit: pre ordered Vita version, July 9th

Busaiku

I've avoided spoilers and even media from the initial reveal, I can hold out.
Really sucks to be out of the discussion though.

Eusis

Oh yeah, and my brother's birthday is this week too!

He doesn't care about the series. If he did he'd probably go for the Steam version anyway, which is exactly on his birthday.

Restating what I said in the OT, but supposedly my game arrived today. I never got an email though saying it was delivered which is strange. It's 12 am here, the house alarm has been set so I can't go outside to check if it's there or else everyone here will have a heart attack here. Will have to check in the morning.

See my reply in the other thread :)

Are you checking on your phone? There's a weird bug when you check order status on mobile.

kewlmyc

I don't get it. Aksys is pretty much demanding that Amazon eat the shipping cost for something that isn't their fault. No wonder Amazon isn't budging.

Akibared

Mine has said delivered for months now but it shows not shipped once I click it.

Nyoro SF

If it wasn't for the Steam version being revealed, I would be pretty mad. I preordered this a long time in advance and I was hoping to have a copy for Uchikoshi to sign at AX. Guess I'll have to settle for an autograph notebook...

chrono01

I don't get it. Aksys is pretty much demanding that Amazon eat the shipping cost for something that isn't their fault. No wonder Amazon isn't budging.
Yeah, the more Aksys fights for it, the more ridiculous they seem. Aksys made the error. They botched the shipment of watches that were supposed to come bundled with the ZTD game. Now, because of the mistake, the watches are apparently being shipped later, so they suddenly want Amazon.com to split up all of the Limited Edition copies, ship out the game now (at their cost) and then again later when the watches arrive. They asked for all of this in the span of a few days. For all we know (unless I missed something?), the LE was going to be shrink-wrapped to the game case anyway. Since the watches were delayed, the copies that came along with them probably were too. That means Amazon.com likely needs to fill all of those LE pre-orders with standard edition copies, of which they might not have enough stock (since presumably, they were counting/depending on more copies arriving, bundled with the watches). Then, if Amazon.com does do this, they'd need to separate all of the bundled LE copies when they do arrive, look up everyone who pre-ordered the LE, and individually send each of them their watch.

Why should Amazon.com feel obligated to do this, outside of being a "hero to the people that pre-ordered the LE"? They're not responsible for the delay of the watches, and thus any delay in those resulting for the bundled game as well. If it were on Amazon.com's end, they should (and probably, would) send each out separately and eat the cost for the second shipment. However, it's not their fault, so they really shouldn't be punished for it.

It's not as though Aksys didn't have time to plan for this, especially after the problems with the watches for VLR. In either case, I feel bad for everyone waiting for their copy to ship. I'm in no hurry for it (since I'm in the middle of a few games right now and, to be completely honest, haven't finished 999 or VLR yet), but to those that are it must really be frustrating. Don't take your anger out on Amazon.com, though. I'm sure they're trying to work through this very confusing as best as they can, given the short-term notice of it all.

Perhaps there's also an issue of amazon not wanting to be liable for only shipping part of an order on a vague promise that the other material is coming. What happens if the watches get delayed and people want refunds? I'm no expert here, but I assume there'd be enough grounds to file a charge back if amazon didn't make good. It's perhaps an understandable liability to not want to be under in support of a problem that wasn't even their fault to begin with.

Amazon's culpability in this whole mess ends with their complete lack of communication regarding the delays.

BTA

I really hope that whatever's being done gets announced tomorrow. I was about to go buy a copy from GameStop and then realized that one day shipping is $12 there (and is more like 2 days), so that's not helpful.

If they somehow manage to give out eShop/PSN codes or something... That's not ideal, but I'll take it. I mean, I was already debating giving up and buying it on PSN myself; I want a physical copy and would rather just buy one while I wait for the bundle but if even GS isn't getting copies in-store than I have no idea how I'd get one in a span of time that'd be worth it. This really sucks.

In all of this: can someone confirm whether they have standard, no watch, pre-orders with shipping dates? Does anyone know if standard editions have shipped over at GameStop/Best Buy/etc.?

I don't know the full details, but was the whole discovery of damaged watches not just a few days ago? Like, I assume they got in touch with Amazon as soon as they knew about the watch delay, and at that point wouldn't the "fault" lie with whoever caused the watch damage (either manufacturer or shipper), rather than Aksys?
It also seems like Amazon has dropped the ball on non-watch orders too, though that might actually be a result of the watch fiasco somehow.

Yeah, the more Aksys fights for it, the more ridiculous they seem. Aksys made the error. They botched the shipment of watches that were supposed to come bundled with the ZTD game. Now, because of the mistake, the watches are apparently being shipped later, so they suddenly want Amazon.com to split up all of the Limited Edition copies, ship out the game now (at their cost) and then again later when the watches arrive. They asked for all of this in the span of a few days. For all we know (unless I missed something?), the LE was going to be shrink-wrapped to the game case anyway. Since the watches were delayed, the copies that came along with them probably were too. That means Amazon.com likely needs to fill all of those LE pre-orders with standard edition copies, of which they might not have enough stock (since presumably, they were counting/depending on more copies arriving, bundled with the watches). Then, if Amazon.com does do this, they'd need to separate all of the bundled LE copies when they do arrive, look up everyone who pre-ordered the LE, and individually send each of them their watch.

Why should Amazon.com feel obligated to do this, outside of being a "hero to the people that pre-ordered the LE"? They're not responsible for the delay of the watches, and thus any delay in those resulting for the bundled game as well. If it were on Amazon.com's end, they should (and probably, would) send each out separately and eat the cost for the second shipment. However, it's not their fault, so they really shouldn't be punished for it.

It's not as though Aksys didn't have time to plan for this, especially after the problems with the watches for VLR. In either case, I feel bad for everyone waiting for their copy to ship. I'm in no hurry for it (since I'm in the middle of a few games right now and, to be completely honest, haven't finished 999 or VLR yet), but to those that are it must really be frustrating. Don't take your anger out on Amazon.com, though. I'm sure they're trying to work through this very confusing as best as they can, given the short-term notice of it all.
What? Even if they planned for this, it would still be a huge delay anyway. Are they supposed to make 2 copies of the watches in case the watches break? And eat that cost? Amazon's fault is being uncommunicative with Aksys, according to Danny's twitter, which in fairness is one source.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm pissed too. But I feel we can't play the blame game without more info.

If I don't get any info by the end of the week, I'm buying this on Steam. And perhaps canceling the limited edition. Hopefully not though.

Alucrid

Banned
considering that canceling preorders is so easy i doubt we'll see codes.

i ordered a standard, non watch edition from amazon and it still has shipping pending. waiting to see if it's just that there's no release date delivery, or if it's being held up due to this watch mess.

Eusis

If it wasn't for the Steam version being revealed, I would be pretty mad. I preordered this a long time in advance and I was hoping to have a copy for Uchikoshi to sign at AX. Guess I'll have to settle for an autograph notebook...
Bring your HDD instead. Or SSD.
considering that canceling preorders is so easy i doubt we'll see codes.

i ordered a standard, non watch edition from amazon and it still has shipping pending. waiting to see if it's just that there's no release date delivery, or if it's being held up due to this watch mess.
Yeah, if you paid for it and were locked into it that'd be one thing. Kind of like with stuff like Summon Night 5 (nevermind the physical edition is a premium collectible more than a means to an end) versus an Amazon order where you could just cancel whenever. Mayb eif they charged and trapped us in shipping limbo then yeah, we might be owed that, but we can just dump it instead.

chrono01

What? Even if they planned for this, it would still be a huge delay anyway. Are they supposed to make 2 copies of the watches in case the watches break? And eat that cost? Amazon's fault is being uncommunicative with Aksys, according to Danny's twitter, which in fairness is one source.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm pissed too. But I feel we can't play the blame game without more info.

If I don't get any info by the end of the week, I'm buying this on Steam. And perhaps canceling the limited edition. Hopefully not though.
Sorry, what I meant was maybe Aksys could have shipped out the copies of the game (with watches) a little sooner to Amazon, in case something happened along the way and they had to replace them. However, then Amazon would have to store games they can't yet sell in their warehouse and, not being in the retailer business myself, I'm not sure if that would be feasible. I guess, if the watches really are a one-of-a-kind thing that needs a month or so to make (guessing, based on the time Amazon was previously quoted the LE was delayed by), there's not much that can be done if they get damaged. :/

I also don't mean to add more to the "blame-game". I know both sides are frustrated and working their hardest to get everything up-and-running for us all. Let's hope there's some positive news soon.

Sorry, what I meant was maybe Aksys could have shipped out the copies of the game (with watches) a little sooner to Amazon, in case something happened along the way, but then Amazon would have to store games they can't yet sell in their warehouse and, not being in the retailer business myself, I'm not sure if that would be feasible. I guess, if the watches really are a one-of-a-kind thing that needs a month or so to make (guessing, based on the time Amazon was previously quoted the LE was delayed by), there's not much that can be done if they get damaged. :/

I also don't mean to add more to the "blame-game". I know both sides are frustrated and working their hardest to get everything up-and-running for us all. Let's hope there's some positive news soon.
That's true. I'm not sure on what Amazon allows in terms of large amounts of storage cause they rent warehouses. I think.

Sorry if my post came across as aggressive. I'm also hoping they do digital codes, but I'm not holding out hope. Maybe Danny/Aksys can negotiate shipping prices with Amazon and fix this within the week? Here's to hope!

Also how the fuck is Gamestop of all stores the big damn heros sending out copies of games for watch owners. Lol.

Top Bottom