• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD's Radeon Navi Review Thread: Series 5700.

Ascend

LMAO thanks for the laugh. That guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. The things AMD fans delude themselves with :messenger_tears_of_joy:
He's far from an AMD fanboy. He was slamming Navi for weeks. But good to see you don't have any actual argument, like always. Only repetition of the same baseless drivel.

but as an enthusiast who follows technology and already has a card that shits on anything AMD has... then yes.. I tend to look at it from a technological point of view.
Really? If you were really doing that, you would actually notice how much of a leap Navi really is. Where you saying this when AMD had async compute from their HD7000 series cards and nVidia didn't have an inferior version up until Pascal?

I tend to look at it from a technological point of view.
Or the green glasses point of view.

AMD is late to the party.
Based on what? Where is the other card released performing close to a 1080 Ti for $400?

They have the superior process technology. They're coming almost a year later... and they are just barely competitive...
Barely? Again, based on what? Look at the chip size. Even accounting for the node shrink, their chip size is smaller compared to nVidia. Additionally, their IPC has been proven to be similar (if not slightly superior) to Turing based on testing by Computerbase.de. You know, the technological point of view you claim to look at? And looking at the market, it's no contest. There are no better value cards than the 5700 and the 5700 XT at any price above $300.

Sorry... but that's embarrassing. AMD is going to get embarrassed when Nvidia decides to release their 7nm GPU, regardless of whether it's 7nm Turing, or Ampere.
Based on what? What refrains AMD from stepping to 7nm+(+) or even 5nm before nVidia releases their 7nm?
That's just an honest point of view from someone that wishes AMD would actually compete with Nvidia.... when it really matters... not a year+ later.
Based on your previous replies to multiple users and multiple posts,
a) we all know you're not honest
b) you don't actually wish AMD would compete with nVidia, because you wouldn't be slamming them when they are actually competing and using excuses like a smaller node to keep slamming AMD
c) you use vague shit like "late" and "when it really matters", even though right now since nVidia is jacking up prices through the roof, is EXACTLY when it matters the most.

You say they aren't competitive, and then you say they are a year late (implying they ARE competitive a year later). Which is it? Are they not competitive, or are they competitive "a year later"? You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
AMD is late to the party. They have the superior process technology. They're coming almost a year later... and they are just barely competitive... and don't even support hardware acceleration of the latest rendering technologies.
They are very competitive, they just don't have the 2080+ level of performance, which given the price should not be an issue for many people.

Would it be better if they had the Titan Super X Ti (whatever they are called now) beaten? Sure, but if you are buying your hardware and don't want (or can't afford) more than 400$ on your video card they offer the best options.

As for Ray Tracing, every games I have seen it implemented it tanked the performance so much that I would rather do without it for the time being, if it gets better some day I will consider it. It's nice that nVidia offers it in some manner, that allows developers to play around with it and experiment, but it's more a curiosity than a feature I would use - in its current form.

He's far from an AMD fanboy. He was slamming Navi for weeks. But good to see you don't have any actual argument, like always. Only repetition of the same baseless drivel.

Really? If you were really doing that, you would actually notice how much of a leap Navi really is. Where you saying this when AMD had async compute from their HD7000 series cards and nVidia didn't have an inferior version up until Pascal?

Or the green glasses point of view.

Based on what? Where is the other card released performing close to a 1080 Ti for $400?

Barely? Again, based on what? Look at the chip size. Even accounting for the node shrink, their chip size is smaller compared to nVidia. Additionally, their IPC has been proven to be similar (if not slightly superior) to Turing based on testing by Computerbase.de. You know, the technological point of view you claim to look at? And looking at the market, it's no contest. There are no better value cards than the 5700 and the 5700 XT at any price above $300.

Based on what? What refrains AMD from stepping to 7nm+(+) or even 5nm before nVidia releases their 7nm?

Based on your previous replies to multiple users and multiple posts,
a) we all know you're not honest
b) you don't actually wish AMD would compete with nVidia, because you wouldn't be slamming them when they are actually competing and using excuses like a smaller node to keep slamming AMD
c) you use vague shit like "late" and "when it really matters", even though right now since nVidia is jacking up prices through the roof, is EXACTLY when it matters the most.

You say they aren't competitive, and then you say they are a year late (implying they ARE competitive a year later). Which is it? Are they not competitive, or are they competitive "a year later"? You can't have it both ways.
I said it pretty clearly. They aren't competitive when we need them to be... meaning when Nvidia launch a new architecture. They always come a year plus later so Nvidia can do whatever the hell they want with the prices.

That's NOT being competitive.... that's just being late... and being afforded certain advantages of being late. If Nvidia came a year later than AMD and was missing features and was barely competitive on a completely new processing node.... they would be a laughing stock. But you AMD guys just think AMD is the best because of it... It's hilarious.

You can whine about it all you want.. but the fact remains that AMD literally isn't competing in the high end currently. They are LATE with their mid ranged GPUs... and even have less features.

Guys buy RDNA!!! It's amazing! Oh but look forward to RDNA2... that's when the REAL RDNA begins! This is just a transition architecture...

Ok AMD... thanks for nothing :rolleyes:

FireFly

I said it pretty clearly. They aren't competitive when we need them to be... meaning when Nvidia launch a new architecture. They always come a year plus later so Nvidia can do whatever the hell they want with the prices.
Except that both Nvidia and AMD plan to launch their new architectures next year.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
TPU Sapphire Pulse Review is up:

The Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse features a custom-design PCB that has similar specs to the AMD reference PCB with its 7+2 phase setup, but a significantly different design with a different combination of a VRM controller and components. The dual-BIOS feature protects you from bad BIOS flashing. There's also a reasonable factory overclock with 1925 MHz maximum boost frequency to be had. The cooling solution features an aluminium fin-stack heatsink ventilated by a pair of fans that turn off when the GPU is idling. At a price of $410, the card is only $10 pricier than the AMD reference design. -via TechPowerUp

Unless you're planning on taking the cooler off to go with watercooling, there's really no reason to buy a $400 reference over a $410 Sapphire Pulse, imo.

PCB comparison:
Reference:
front.jpg

Sapphire Pulse:
front.jpg

*Bonus:
Guru3d had "MSI 5700 XT unnamed" in their charts for the Strix 5700 XT, now it just says "5700 XT unnamed". Pretty sure that was the same listing, just edited. That's got to be the Evoke or the Mech.

Last edited:

Ascend

Dear God:

shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-trixx-boost.png

Self_Destructive Self_Destructive Not competitive, RIGHT?

Last edited:
Self_Destructive Self_Destructive Not competitive, RIGHT?
Read much? The conclusion of that review says it's 10% slower than the 2070 Super and only 3% faster than the 2070. If it's $10 or so more than the going price for a 2070, that's not much ahead on the price to performance ratio. People need to stop cherry picking one or two results and posting that as definitive proof.

There's a reason these outlets test LOTS of games so you can get a true average of how the card performs.

So yeah, still slightly (if only slightly) noisier than a 2070/2070s/2080 and consumes 50 watts more than a 2070 for 3% more power. On a mostly new architecture. Please don't tell me you're calling that a victory.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
^^Trixx Boost is system-wide resolution scaling like in DOOM(2016). They say you can combine it with AMD RiS as well.

Which features are most desirable will vary with user(RTX, RiS, Trixx Boost, idle fan stop, dual-bios), but all in all, you can get a $410 5700 XT that matches the Super FE's on acoustics and thermals, and beats them at perf/$.

Last edited:

Ivellios

I dont think anyone posted GN video yet.

Really great card with far better temps and less loud than the reference card.

Dear God:

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is this TriXX boost?

thelastword

Banned
Dear God:

Mother of GO...……….And to think Nvidia has not even seen the 5800 or 5900 series yet...

Anyway, Tech Jesus reviews the Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse....

Xyphie

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is this TriXX boost?

It renders the game at 85% of 4K. So instead of 3840*2160 it renders at 3264*1836. Most games have a render scale these days so it's a pretty meaningless addition. Render scale is a lot better since it preserves full resolution of 2D elements like text, HUD etc.

Ascend

Read much?
Think much?

The conclusion of that review says it's 10% slower than the 2070 Super and only 3% faster than the 2070. If it's $10 or so more than the going price for a 2070, that's not much ahead on the price to performance ratio. People need to stop cherry picking one or two results and posting that as definitive proof.
Yeah. IF. Look at the graphics card prices of the RTX 2070. All the RTX 2070 Super cards are well over $400. The cheapest is $420, with most of them being around the $450 mark. This Sapphire Pulse costs $410. So it's at WORST $10 CHEAPER than the RTX 2070 non-super, while being slightly faster.
The fact that you're willing to lie about prices to put nVidia in a better light says it all. Why are you here? Go to the nVidia Super reviews thread since you love nVidia so much.

There's a reason these outlets test LOTS of games so you can get a true average of how the card performs.
Indeed. Which is why the reviews are praising these cards, rather than lying about prices to pretend nVidia is better.

So yeah, still slightly (if only slightly) noisier than a 2070/2070s/2080
If you care about noise, the Sapphire pulse has a quiet bios switch which makes it quieter than the 2070. Your point is moot.

and consumes 50 watts more than a 2070 for 3% more power. On a mostly new architecture. Please don't tell me you're calling that a victory.
Quoting techpowerup;
With roughly 250 W, power draw is a bit higher than on competing NVIDIA cards, but the differences are not huge, so PSU choices aren't affected at all.

So what's the issue again?

And why are you conveniently ignoring the 10% advantage on performance per dollar the 5700XT has over the 2070 and 2070S?

No. Not at all. it's running at 85% internal resolution... :rolleyes:
If you run it at 85% resolution with sharpening, which is superior to nVidia's and for virtually zero performance cost, creating a nearly identical 4K image, why does that somehow not count? Weren't you the one praising DLSS as some amazing feature to improve performance...? Weren't you the one saying AMD cards "lack features"? Of course they're gonna lack them according to you when you deliberately ignore all the good ones, and praise whatever nonsense the competitor has.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Ivellios Ivellios

I really like GN since they understand what to focus on. Text article:

1_steady-state-40dba-sapphire-vs-reference_rx-5700-xt-pulse-review.png

With both cards locked to a fixed 40dBA, our noise-normalized thermals plot the Sapphire Pulse GPU Edge temperature at 67 degrees Celsius, which is a massive 27.1 degrees Celsius cooler than the reference 5700 XT at the same noise level. If you ran the 5700 XT under auto settings instead, at least with the launch drivers, you’d have found a GPU Edge temperature of 79 degrees in exchange for an 11dBA increase in noise levels. Decibels are logarithmic and human perception is hard to objectively measure, but in our consultation with sound experts, roughly every 10dBA increase results in a 2x perceived increase in noise to the human ear. That’s not the same as the increase in acoustic power, to be extremely clear, but the increase in perceived noise to a human.

Damn that reference cooler makes the card hot and loud. With both cards normalized to 40dBA, the reference card has 109°C junction temp and 98°C memory module temp. Blowers really are shit.

Ivellios

Ivellios Ivellios

I really like GN since they understand what to focus on. Text article:

1_steady-state-40dba-sapphire-vs-reference_rx-5700-xt-pulse-review.png

Damn that reference cooler makes the card hot and loud. With both cards normalized to 40dBA, the reference card has 109°C junction temp and 98°C memory module temp. Blowers really are shit.

Yes, its why they are one of my favorite tech channels.

Navi GPUs are only worth it if you buy the custom models, because these reference blowers cards are far too loud and hot.

thelastword

Banned
Yes, its why they are one of my favorite tech channels.

Navi GPUs are only worth it if you buy the custom models, because these reference blowers cards are far too loud and hot.
That's not correct either....I understand Gamersnexus had issues with the thermals and noise, but many others didn't...….So many people are using the reference coolers right now and it's very much worth it to them...…...

With AIB's, of course you're going to get better coolers and quieter cards, but just to drive the point, some people are fine with blower coolers for their needs, setups and use cases....Some people can also buy the reference design and put on their own custom cooling solution if they so desire...…….Like the numerous guys who placed the $40.00 coolers which can be bought on Amazon or some who used coolers from older AMD graphics cards they already had...…..

It renders the game at 85% of 4K. So instead of 3840*2160 it renders at 3264*1836. Most games have a render scale these days so it's a pretty meaningless addition. Render scale is a lot better since it preserves full resolution of 2D elements like text, HUD etc.
Ahh ok, didn't check that, maybe I'm sleepy.......Ideally, comparisons should be 1:1.........AMD still has to fix some issues it has with overclocking Navi, so if it fixes that, such results may not be too farfetched with a good stable OC.......

Think much?

Yeah. IF. Look at the graphics card prices of the RTX 2070. All the RTX 2070 Super cards are well over $400. The cheapest is $420, with most of them being around the $450 mark. This Sapphire Pulse costs $410. So it's at WORST $10 CHEAPER than the RTX 2070 non-super, while being slightly faster.
The fact that you're willing to lie about prices to put nVidia in a better light says it all. Why are you here? Go to the nVidia Super reviews thread since you love nVidia so much.

Indeed. Which is why the reviews are praising these cards, rather than lying about prices to pretend nVidia is better.

If you care about noise, the Sapphire pulse has a quiet bios switch which makes it quieter than the 2070. Your point is moot.

Quoting techpowerup;
With roughly 250 W, power draw is a bit higher than on competing NVIDIA cards, but the differences are not huge, so PSU choices aren't affected at all.

So what's the issue again?

And why are you conveniently ignoring the 10% advantage on performance per dollar the 5700XT has over the 2070 and 2070S?

If you run it at 85% resolution with sharpening, which is superior to nVidia's and for virtually zero performance cost, creating a nearly identical 4K image, why does that somehow not count? Weren't you the one praising DLSS as some amazing feature to improve performance...? Weren't you the one saying AMD cards "lack features"? Of course they're gonna lack them according to you when you deliberately ignore all the good ones, and praise whatever nonsense the competitor has.

Within the last month: 2070 rog strix and a gigabyte card (plus wolvenstein youngblood) for $399 and $390, respectively.

Judging by your reaction to me "lying" about price, I'll let everyone be the judge of who the fanboy is.

The tech report does their performance per dollar based on msrp or the regular Amazon going rate. If you've got half a brain, you'll search some deals before dropping $400 on a graphics card. Right now, the new AMD cards won't have deals like you can get on the outgoing 2070s. Hence, my reason for saying that a $410 card that performs 3% better than a $400 (or less) card while having same or worse thermals and noise and higher power consumption isn't a big win. It's evening the playing field (I'll grant you that amd's scaling/sharpening tech is a bigger add than dlss PLUS ray tracing at 2070 power levels)

Quite BIOS puts performance on par with 2070 and the review notes it then 'rivals' custom designs for rtx cards.

I have no dog in this fight, as any non emotional observer can see. I'm glad amd is doing better. I appreciate the fact they made nvidia release their super cards earlier, and at lower prices, than they wanted to. Everyone can probably agree that what we've seen so far from Navi was overhyped.

When we get a 2080ti competitor for $800 or less, trust me, I'll be first in like to sell my 2080 (which I got for $583, new, pre-tax)

Last edited:

Ascend

Within the last month: 2070 rog strix and a gigabyte card (plus wolvenstein youngblood) for $399 and $390, respectively.

Judging by your reaction to me "lying" about price, I'll let everyone be the judge of who the fanboy is.
At that point in time, the Sapphire Pulse was not available, so, this argument is irrelevant. At this point in time there is no $390 RTX 2070 available either...
That being said, considering the RTX 2070 is being phased out and the 2070S being its replacement, it is expected to have some deals pop up. People are free to wait for those, and no one can say that it is not a great deal. But it's not as if the 5700XT cards should not be considered.

I guess I owe you an apology for calling you a liar though. I did not know about those deals.

The tech report does their performance per dollar based on msrp or the regular Amazon going rate. If you've got half a brain, you'll search some deals before dropping $400 on a graphics card. Right now, the new AMD cards won't have deals like you can get on the outgoing 2070s. Hence, my reason for saying that a $410 card that performs 3% better than a $400 (or less) card while having same or worse thermals and noise and higher power consumption isn't a big win. It's evening the playing field (I'll grant you that amd's scaling/sharpening tech is a bigger add than dlss PLUS ray tracing at 2070 power levels)
We can agree on that...

Quite BIOS puts performance on par with 2070 and the review notes it then 'rivals' custom designs for rtx cards.
Sure. But it is arguably a nice feature though... One can choose between them rather than being stuck with one configuration. Although it is a niche feature that is not for everyone.

I have no dog in this fight, as any non emotional observer can see. I'm glad amd is doing better. I appreciate the fact they made nvidia release their super cards earlier, and at lower prices, than they wanted to. Everyone can probably agree that what we've seen so far from Navi was overhyped.

When we get a 2080ti competitor for $800 or less, trust me, I'll be first in like to sell my 2080 (which I got for $583, new, pre-tax)
Fair enough... I don't think you'll have to wait too long for that. But we'll see.

Edit:

Bit-Tech review;

Last edited:

Ivellios

That's not correct either....I understand Gamersnexus had issues with the thermals and noise, but many others didn't...….So many people are using the reference coolers right now and it's very much worth it to them...…...

With AIB's, of course you're going to get better coolers and quieter cards, but just to drive the point, some people are fine with blower coolers for their needs, setups and use cases....Some people can also buy the reference design and put on their own custom cooling solution if they so desire...…….Like the numerous guys who placed the $40.00 coolers which can be bought on Amazon or some who used coolers from older AMD graphics cards they already had...…..

Ahh ok, didn't check that, maybe I'm sleepy.......Ideally, comparisons should be 1:1.........AMD still has to fix some issues it has with overclocking Navi, so if it fixes that, such results may not be too farfetched with a good stable OC.......

Everywhere i read people were waiting for aib cards with decent coolers, so for all these people the reference coolers actually delayed them buying Navi.

Those who bought the reference cards may not care, but they paid the same price for a worse card than everyone else who waited for the custom aibs.

llien

Partner AIB cards will close the gap even more. MSI Gaming 5700XT or whatever will probably be ~5% slower than 2070S.

Yep. (note that this summary includes games such as Ace Combat 7 in which 2070s leads by about 50%):

relative-performance_2560-1440.png

Now ASUS just needs to not play too greedy.

thelastword

Banned
It's always funny seeing these guys using Fortnite, Ace Combat (which has not been tuned for AMD), Final Fantasy XV and even Metro with tesselation on....or maybe a handful of Nvidia favored titles (like 3 heavy Nvidia titles) and draw a conclusion, hilarious at best, thinking they're fooling anybody at worse......

It's always funny seeing these guys using Fortnite, Ace Combat (which has not been tuned for AMD), Final Fantasy XV and even Metro with tesselation on....or maybe a handful of Nvidia favored titles (like 3 heavy Nvidia titles) and draw a conclusion, hilarious at best, thinking they're fooling anybody at worse......
Almost as hilarious as the 5700XT hitting 110'C. Now we know what's responsible for the heat wave across Europe and other parts of the world :messenger_tears_of_joy:

bu but how DARE people speak about games which favor Nvidia hardware and draw conclusions from it!!!! :messenger_loudly_crying: Goes on to suggest, Strange Brigade, BF5, and so on...

Techpowerup uses a 21 game selection... that's more than most reviewers. Ace Combat 7 and Fortnite have been used in their suite for a while now... and there's no attempt at fooling anyone. The only REAL attempt to fool people would be if they suddenly removed them to make it appear that AMD was closer than it actually is.

Aintitcool

Banned
Nvidia still has the leg up in drivers. AMD just doesn't have close to the same driver team. Nvidia can give you gains of 15% on some games with a driver update. That is where nvidia still has me almost not going with AMD.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
TPU MSI 5700 XT Evoke Review:

MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Evoke features an all new card design language not found on other MSI cards. A champagne-gold metallic cuboidal triple-slot cooler dominates the design and gives the card a new-age industrial feel. The top is dominated by two 90 mm fans that turn off when the card is idling. Underneath are five nickel-plated heat pipes and an aluminium fin-stack heatsink. The design is neatly finished off with the backplate that fuses seamlessly with the cooler shroud. The circuit board closely resembles AMD's reference design, with its 7+2+1 phase VRM, but there are clear signs of customization, including the VRM components and controller and better-overclocking Micron memory. The card is running at a base clock of 1690 MHz, game clock is set at 1835 MHz, and highest boost is 1945 MHz. It is priced at US$430, a $30 premium over the $400 reference design. -via TechPowerUp

PCB Comparison:
Reference:
front.jpg

MSI Evoke:
front.jpg

Thermals and Noise:

This card runs cooler than the other 5700 XT's and has the highest average OC clock out of the bunch. That might be coming at the expense of a higher fan speed and more noise since the Evoke is at 43dBA under standard BIOS compared to 36dBA for the Strix and 35dBA for the Pulse.

So far, Sapphire Pulse seems to be the best all-around card for the money. MSI will probably price the Mech at reference msrp of $400. I'd still like to see Sapphire's other models, some of those Asrock variants, and especially the review for the PowerColor Red Devil.

Last edited:

Ascend

Why not throw out the top three for each by calling them "statistical outliers" and see how the remainder looks?
It's the reason Techspot/Hardware Unboxed benchmarks by Steve are generally above the rest. They always have a comparison chart at the end, showing for each specific game in one chart, how much percentage faster or slower they are to the competing card. That way, everyone can see what the outliers are, and quickly judge which card is faster at the majority of games that has one's interest. Additionally, they regularly change their game benchmark list to keep up with the shifts in how games are developed.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Looks like TPU's Red Devil Review is up:
The Red Devil is positioned as extremely premium offering, right in the middle of NVIDIA's RTX 2060 Super and RX 2070 Super, and priced at $440 ($450 for a premium package with more accessories, which we cover in this review). The PowerColor RX 5700 XT Red Devil tops Navi with a factory-overclock, a gargantuan cooling solution that looks a class above, and has many enthusiast features you'd expect from much pricier cards. -via TechPowerUp

PCB Comparison:
Reference:
front.jpg

Red Devil:
front.jpg

Thermals and Noise:
reddevil.jpg

Avg OC clock speed was 2GHz, basically the same as the Sapphire Pulse. The Red Devil has the lowest noise levels of all 5700 XT's. It's a nice card. Interested to see the $400 PowerColor.

*snip*
Unboxing and preview of the PowerColor Red Devil 5700 XT from PC Games Hardware. I don't understand most of what he's saying, but you get a straightforward comparison of the reference and Red Devil in noise and performance in Wolfenstein Youngblood. Pretty much falls in line with other AiBs we'll just have to wait for the in-depth reviews. I'm curious where's their $399 5700 XT?

Last edited:

psn

The red devil looks good and has the best cooling solution yet. Would buy one, but it seems to be a paper launch :/

The Nitro+ is probably 499+ and not in sight.

After years and years of trying, looks like Powercolor have landed as top dog for an AMD line-up.

On the noise levels, TPU says it's the quietest Radeon card they've ever tested:

TechPowerUp said:
Gaming noise levels with the default BIOS are incredible, only 31 dBA is a monumental improvement over the AMD reference card, making the Red Devil quieter than the majority of NVIDIA RTX custom-design cards at the same time. Once you switch to the "Quiet BIOS", the Red Devil goes even quieter—whisper quiet, even when fully loaded—incredible. The second BIOS does run slightly lower voltage, clocks and power limit, which suggests it is properly fine-tuned for the capabilities of the cooler. I think this is the quietest AMD Radeon graphics card I ever tested, especially when you take its performance levels into account—good job PowerColor!

b0uncyfr0

Looks like the upper tier 5700XT cards will perform ahead of a 2070 super. Not bad at all AMD! Starting to get that upgrade itch.

Whats up with the shitty memory overclocking though?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
PowerColor has a press release on their website showing the full Red Devil and Red Dragon 5700-series lineup. I think they mixed up some of their marketing materials because they show 3 boxes for the 5700 XT, but list 2 models. We've seen the Red Devil already. One of these is the $410 5700 XT... :pie_thinking:
AXRX%205700XT%208GBD6-3DH_BOX_CARD.png

Dual-bios, dual-100mm fans, 1795MHz game clock/1905MHz boost, MSRP $410. This is basically their equivalent of the Sapphire Pulse, while the $440 Red Devil is more like a Asus Strix.

Newegg added the Red Devil, but it's listed at $449, so it's the Limited Edition version. They'll probably add the $440 Red Devil and the Red Dragon soon. There was a typhoon and PowerColor pushed the release date back. Probably still just a paper launch until things catch up.

thelastword

Banned
Power Color Red Devil Review Roundup

Perhaps the most impressive video....Look at how the 5700XT fairs against a $500 card, bare in mind, that a 3 fan slot 2070S is around the $600 mark or close. I see that the 5700XT beats the 2070S in many titles at 1440p, even if it is behind a few frames at 1080p in said game. The 5700XT seems to be the faster card overall, as can be seen in firestrike, we will see that more clearly as more DX12 and vulkan titles come through, even some of the latest DX11 titles too, as Nvidia's gameworks no longer has such a grip on everything...

Ascend

I'm surprised no one announced the 5700XT Nitro+ on here...

Seems like the go-to 5700XT.

thelastword

Banned
I'm surprised no one announced the 5700XT Nitro+ on here...

Seems like the go-to 5700XT.

Yes I watched those......

Don't forget...

The MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X is pretty good too.....I really like the look of that card...…...I think the Radeon 5700 series of cards are the best looking designs I've ever seen and there's more to come......like the one with the blue middle fan, I guess you can change the color, really nice design, but this card here looks so slick......Props to MSI......

The only thing I will say about this review is that Optimum got the price wrong, it won't be $549....I think it's going to be $449 MSRP...….

Leonidas

Damn, efficiency of RX 5700 XT thrown out the window for a measily 4% improvement over stock.

power-gaming-average.png
relative-performance_2560-1440.png

Mid-range card sucking down more power than even the 2080 Ti...

Hopefully RDNA2 solves the efficiency issue in 2020/2021.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member

TPU article on how to flash 5700 to 5700 XT. Unlike previous BIOS mods like the 390 to 390x this doesn't unlock disable CUs, but instead applies the XT power profile to the 5700. Hops over the stock 2060S and comes near 5700XT stock.

3U7OJuQ.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom