• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing and 8-Bit Mario Amiibo Leaked

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Aug 7, 2013
Animal Crossing amiibos.

Animal Crossing Wii U confirmed.

We are all dead.

Wallets am cry.

AdanVC

Nov 26, 2013
Mexico
www.artstation.com
I'm in love of that 8-bit Mario already!! This totally look legit and enhance the Animal Crossing for Wii U rumor as well. Hnnnnnnnnngghhh ok now I'm 100% hyped for the Digital Event this tuesday <3

Edit: But wtf another leak?? Now I'm just waiting for the inevitable blurry pic of Nintendo E3 booth of an unnanounced game.

Edit 2:
we're not even a year into Amiibo and there's already 5 fucking marios
Truee. Even if I love Mario very much, they are already starting to get out of hand with too many Mario amiibo iterations. But this 8-bit Mario is definitely the cooliest of all!

DrArchon

Jan 28, 2015
I hope the AC ones aren't just for that home building 3DS game. Seems like a bit of a waste what with the cards and all.

That Mario one is amazing. Probably means it'll be super rare/hard to find in stores.

SeanR1221

Jul 16, 2008
Yes I'll buy that Mario and Nook.

Does this confirm Animal Crossing Wii U? Unless those are just for the happy home.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
May 31, 2011
we're not even a year into Amiibo and there's already 5 fucking marios
Considering the state of their actual video games sale wise right now I'm surprised that number isn't even more. Amiibos is making money for them which is more than what you can say about a lot of their other stuff.

Ridley327

Feb 7, 2005
Amiibo support for Mario Maker is such an obvious thing, but that 8-bit Mario looks fantastic all the same.

Vena

Sep 2, 2014
That 8-bit Mario will be the first and probably only Mario I will buy, it looks great.

Gartooth

Sep 5, 2011
This ride never ends!

Also 8 bit Mario and Tom Nook were on the first promotional images for Amiibos. ;)

Kriken

Dec 7, 2013
Speculate away on functionality
If I had to guess, Pixel Mario will be similar to Yarn Yoshi where it'll basically be Mario in every game, but special from other Mario Amiibo in mario Maker
As for Animal Crossing, I figure same functionality as cards for those who want a statue

Considering the state of their actual video games sale wise right now I'm surprised that number isn't even more. Amiibos is making money for them which is more than what you can say about a lot of their other stuff.
I can't remember where I read it, but I swear the profit for them isn't that high, so Nintendo tries to prevent overstock

RagnarokX

Sep 16, 2006
That Mario Maker amiibo... somewhere someone is preparing a garbage truck and a tow truck...