• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone getting really crappy pop up ads on gaf now?

Using my iPhone and Google I get the "Congratulations Google User" pop ups.

I don't get any pop ups when using desktop chrome tho. No I do not ad block.

Catphish

yeah, it is now, literally, the worst it's ever been for me. 100% of all attempts to visit the site end in a google ad redirect. Couldn't even log in. Logging in now from PC.

BANGS

Banned
This is why I don't come here on mobile and only browse during work hours mostly. Gamefaqs used to have the same issue but it's a lot better now...

Sneetches

Banned
Yesterday they came back 100% of the time, couldn’t use the site. Today only happened once out of the several times lurking offtopic. Different ad today, same ad yesterday

wondermega

Safari and chrome on iOS. extremely aggressive lately and particularly today, I'm shocked I've been able to type this long without being interrupted

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
OK I'm getting a Google rewards ad saying I won a galaxy S8 everytime I go to this site on my android through Chrome. Happens every single time, and I'm unable to go back to the site when it happens, which is every time. I had to install Firefox on my android and it seems to work thus far.. Any way to fix this?

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I don't understand why everyone is so upset over winning all these free smartphones and $1000 gift cards. You should be grateful!

Yeah, GAF is unusable on Pixel 2 XL with the Chrome browser. It's damn near every page load that "Google Winner" with the annoying chime pops up. Sadly, GAF is relegated to PC only at the moment. I really hope EviLore has a plan to fix this. Can I just give a $1 a month and not have any mobile ads? Keep them on regular PC browser as they are pretty unobtrusive, but mobile is just plain awful.

Last edited:

Winchester

Couldn't use it at all yesterday on Chrome via Android. Literally EVERY time I navigated back to Off-Topic, the same Google ad fired up after about 10 seconds. Had to switch to another browser to get some relief.

ickythingz

Banned
Android on Chrome is the big offender for me as well. There are times when I can not view the website for a whole day or 2 due to pop ups. Just an FYI.

Why is this problem still here years later? The site is unusable on mobile. No other site has these problems, so clearly there is a solution. I cannot load one single page without getting redirected, I tried 10 times in a row

EviLore EviLore

decisions

Safari on iPhone here, site is literally unusable due to instant redirect ads unless I log in.

Logging in seems to make them rare/nonexistent for me. Can’t remember seeing them but not ready to confirm.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Tyler,

It is impossible to even view neogaf on my iPhone in either safari or chrome without getting hit with a “You are the winner of a $1000 Amazon Gift Card”. Desktop is unaffected.

I’ve done some research and everything says it’s server side. I’ve cleared phone cache and everything but to little avail.

Just making you aware.

Last edited:

Catphish

Just wanted to check in and report that things have been perfectly clean the last few days. Thanks for getting it sorted. 👍

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not getting anything on PC, was getting the browser directs on iOS though so thanks for disabling those until it's sorted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom