• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Sephzilla

Look at them in the thread, dudes are clinging to every impression for dear life. There was a stream of negative impressions, and dudes panicked like we did when Roman had his comeback vs Brock.

Shit got real!

lol, everyone at my WrestleMania party audibly groaned when Roman started coming back.

Anyways, Avengers 2 is going to be fine. It will get reviewed well, an overwhelming majority of people will say its FnP, it will make fuckloads of money, and then internet cool-guys will hop on Gaf and say it was stupid in order to fulfill their anti-establishment quota.

Look at them in the thread, dudes are clinging to every impression for dear life. There was a stream of negative impressions, and dudes panicked like we did when Roman had his comeback vs Brock.

Shit got real!

Havent people noticed that a good chunk of Marvel movies suck. They are very hit or miss.

The Thor movies are terrible. The Iron Man sequels are lame. Etc...

The "good" ones you can count on 1 hand. Iron Man 1. Avengers 1. Cap America 2. GOTG.

Sephzilla

The one thing the Marvel movies frequently suck at are villains. Loki, Winter Soldier, and Robert Redford are basically the only good ones they've had (and the later 2 are both from the same movie). Iron Man 1's villain is probably the next best one, but he's a step down.

ecurbj

Sorry if this has been answered. I apologize beforehand. But I'm watching this weeks NXT on the WWE Network and I noticed CJ Parker is still wrestling. Didn't he quit at the beginning of April? Why is he still wrestling in WWE?

Havent people noticed that a good chunk of Marvel movies suck. They are very hit or miss.

The Thor movies are terrible. The Iron Man sequels are lame. Etc...

The "good" ones you can count on 1 hand. Iron Man 1. Avengers 1. Cap America 2. GOTG.

Cut out Avengers 1 and we can agree on this. I'm so sick of superhero movies ending with the heroes joking amongst the rubble, how it's essentially a love letter to the War on Terror, how that film is essentially a press release by Marvel announcing their long term strategy of exploiting a hilariously toxic relationship with the consumer base.

Also the weird fetishization of the Helicarrier over defending the city, for capes that seems like a huge misplacement of priority.

Sephzilla

Cut out Avengers 1 and we can agree on this. I'm so sick of superhero movies ending with the heroes joking amongst the rubble, how it's essentially a love letter to the War on Terror, how that film is essentially a press release by Marvel announcing their long term strategy of exploiting a hilariously toxic relationship with the consumer base.

Also the weird fetishization of the Helicarrier over defending the city, for capes that seems like a huge misplacement of priority.

The alternative is we get Superman making out with Lois Lane in the middle of ruined Metropolis. I'd rather have Tony Stark making jokes. I also think calling Avengers a love letter to the War on Terror is more than a small stretch.

XenoRaven

I saw Avengers cereal today. It wasn't even like an established cereal with an Avengers theme. It was just Avengers cereal and it had marshmallows colored like the different Avengers.

The alternative is we get Superman making out with Lois Lane in the middle of ruined Metropolis. I'd rather have Tony Stark making jokes. I also think calling Avengers a love letter to the War on Terror is more than a small stretch.

Hey now, this is a wrestling thread. Exaggeration is part of the territory.

NoRéN

Sorry if this has been answered. I apologize beforehand. But I'm watching this weeks NXT on the WWE Network and I noticed CJ Parker is still wrestling. Didn't he quit at the beginning of April? Why is he still wrestling in WWE?
Filmed in advance.

Kaladin

One could argue that gif spoils the fun of seeing that spot for the first time as you're watching the match if you haven't seen it yet.

Toki767

One could argue that gif spoils the fun of seeing that spot for the first time as you're watching the match if you haven't seen it yet.

True. I'll remove the embedding and just leave it as a clickable link, but do we have any policy on that stuff? I imagine it's basically as soon as it's live it's free reign.

tumblr_nmp8witZGU1sw3cyxo1_500.png

I was just about to post this. Holy shit.

Also, you guys need to at least watch the first match on ROH TV this week.

Dalton Castle is fantastic and has a fresh match against Donovan Dijak.

ahT3Z0Z.gif
h3A9Vww.gif

"We're not about Gimmicks" - ROH, 2002 (promptly opens with a gangsta v homosexual tag team match)

True. I'll remove the embedding and just leave it as a clickable link, but do we have any policy on that stuff? I imagine it's basically as soon as it's live it's free reign.

There's not really a policy, but there's not a lot of people who can catch it live at the moment. I'm hoping Underground gets on a platform where more people can see it soon!

Kaladin

Ric Flair on his matches in TNA:

“Good by whose standards? Ric Flair standards or TNA standards? Could I entertain them, yeah. I was far from being Ric Flair back then. I just got bored. I missed the business. There are nice people there. Dixie’s [Carter] a nice person. Hulk [Hogan] talked me into it and I went with it. I love Kurt Angle, I love Sting, and I love James Storm. I have a lot of friends [in TNA] that I still think the world of. It wasn’t like I was working. It wasn’t like I was Ric Flair.

http://wrestlingnews.co/exclusive-r...haels-bobby-heenan-staying-relevant-and-more/

Alucard

Banned
I'm just gonna post that Angelico gif whenever I can. Anyone have the one of Johnny Mundo jumping into the ring? Think it was in the first 10 episodes.

Aiii

So not worth it
Angelico has done way more unsafe moves than that. That was relatively sane by Angelico standards

Yep, he won't make it past 30.

Lets not forget how broken Hogan is just from doing shitty leg drops for two decades. Those kinds of drops have an impact on your body, regardless if they're safe or not.

edit: Oh crap, I should have worded that better. I meant he wouldn't have a career past 30. My bad :)

tm24

Yep, he won't make it past 30.

Lets not forget how broken Hogan is just from doing shitty leg drops for two decades. Those kinds of drops have an impact on your body, regardless if they're safe or not.

edit: Oh crap, I should have worded that better. I meant he wouldn't have a career past 30. My bad :)
He turns 28 like next month. Hes actually toned down his style since he left Iwrg and is actually a decent may based lucha wrestler since he trained with negro navarro and black terry.

He'll be fine

Alucard

Banned
I really like the energy of Lucha Underground. The fans are generally really into the show, as are the announcers and the performers. Add in the vignettes and clear story elements, and I think you can make the argument that LU does wrestling and sports entertainment better than the WWE on a week-to-week basis.

Sexy Star just had her best match to-date on LU.

X0i9kH1.gif

And a new reaction gif for all of ya'll.

DftZiMN.gif

Recall

I really like the energy of Lucha Underground. The fans are generally really into the show, as are the announcers and the performers. Add in the vignettes and clear story elements, and I think you can make the argument that LU does wrestling and sports entertainment better than the WWE on a week-to-week basis.

Totally agree.

It's an entertaining hour with a clear focus making it easy to enjoy what produce. Even with the crazy editing on hand in some matches it doesn't take anything away from the overall goal of either getting a wrestler or storyline over.

Sexy Star just had her best match to-date on LU.

I'm definitely more excited to watch it every week than I am for even most other TV shows I watch not just wrestling shows. Part of it for me, and I know some folks don't seem to like it so much, is how enthusiastic the commentary team are for the show and for the matches themselves going so far as to actually pay attention to them.

It was the "better than divas" chant in this episode that ticked me off.

Mostly, because they were chanting it at divas. There's a weird thing in those NXT marks that makes them think they're not at a WWE show.

Divas has a connotation that they are actively trying to avoid/rewrite with NXT. There's a reason it's the Women's Championship.

Top Bottom