• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Alucard

Banned
Killshot has some really good body language, and his long and lean physique is pretty unique. Dude looks and moves like a 90s comic book character.

Dude, they call them Divas on the show. I just noticed this last week when Dana Brooke debuted.

I know that, which is why I hedged and went with rewrite. If you don't think they understand the connotations that word has on the main roster, again, see the title name.

Alucard

Banned
How I could see the Sheamus story going...

Sheamus beats Ziggler
Sheamus beats Bryan for the IC title
Neville beats Sheamus for the IC title

Would you guys be down with this?

Alucard

Banned
I know that, which is why I hedged and went with rewrite. If you don't think they understand the connotations that word has on the main roster, again, see the title name.

We'll see how it goes. I'd rather they get rid of the Divas name and title completely, but they've worked for years getting the Diva name over as a brand. It's not changing on the main roster, so while it's cool they're calling the title something else in NXT, the women being trained there will ultimately end up on the Divas roster. A year or two from now, Sasha and Charlotte will both be cutting promos and referring to themselves as Divas. There's no way around it unless there's a philosophy change at the top.

Cards for the upcoming Dragon Gate iPPVs, early next month;

Dragon Gate, "DEAD or ALIVE", 2015/05/05
Aichi-ken Gymnasium

. Open the Brave Gate: Akira Tozawa © vs Dragon Kid
. Open the Twin Gate: Masato Yoshino & Shachihoko BOY © vs Masaaki Mochizuki & Big R Shimizu
. Open the Dream Gate: BxB Hulk © vs Cyber Kong
. Double Risk Mask vs Hair Steel Cage 6-Man Survival: T-Hawk (Naruki Doi) vs CIMA (Flamita) vs Shingo Takagi (BxB Hulk) vs Kzy (Akira Tozawa) vs YAMATO (Masaaki Mochizuki) vs Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito (Dragon Kid)
*the loser of the match, as well as their delegate (in brackets), will be forced to unmask or shave their hair

Dragon Gate, "KING OF GATE", 2015/05/08
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

. King of Gate Block A Match: CIMA vs Naruki Doi
. King of Gate Block A Match: Shingo Takagi vs Akira Tozawa
. King of Gate Block A Match: YAMATO vs T-Hawk

Really enjoying Dragon Gate at the moment, since Doi Darts shook things up a few months back the booking has been pretty exciting and I'm loving the CIMA/Doi feud that's brewing. Tozawa with the Brave Gate is cool and I've been very impressed with both Big R Shimizu & Shachihoko BOY since they've rose in the ranks recently. The only thing I'm not sold on is Hulk as champ, I think he'll have a good match with Kong, though. King of Gate already looks awesome, all three of those matches should be a lot of fun.

Non sequitur time:

I saw bits of a Chris Dickinson (he's the dickish guy who's unsafe reputation was used for that Kimber Lee chairshot outrage angle that went nowhere, right?) vs Addy Starr Kiss My Ass match the other day.

The finish was Addy Starr basically getting teabagged by Dickinson. Is this what we can expect from Sheamus on Sunday?

Alucard

Banned
Cards for the upcoming Dragon Gate iPPVs, early next month;

Dragon Gate, "DEAD or ALIVE", 2015/05/05
Aichi-ken Gymnasium

. Open the Brave Gate: Akira Tozawa © vs Dragon Kid
. Open the Twin Gate: Masato Yoshino & Shachihoko BOY © vs Masaaki Mochizuki & Big R Shimizu
. Open the Dream Gate: BxB Hulk © vs Cyber Kong
. Double Risk Mask vs Hair Steel Cage 6-Man Survival: T-Hawk (Naruki Doi) vs CIMA (Flamita) vs Shingo Takagi (BxB Hulk) vs Kzy (Akira Tozawa) vs YAMATO (Masaaki Mochizuki) vs Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito (Dragon Kid)
*the loser of the match, as well as their delegate (in brackets), will be forced to unmask or shave their hair

Dragon Gate, "KING OF GATE", 2015/05/08
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

. King of Gate Block A Match: CIMA vs Naruki Doi
. King of Gate Block A Match: Shingo Takagi vs Akira Tozawa
. King of Gate Block A Match: YAMATO vs T-Hawk

Really enjoying Dragon Gate at the moment, since Doi Darts shook things up a few months back the booking has been pretty exciting and I'm loving the CIMA/Doi feud that's brewing. Tozawa with the Brave Gate is cool and I've been very impressed with both Big R Shimizu & Shachihoko BOY since they've rose in the ranks recently. The only thing I'm not sold on is Hulk as champ, I think he'll have a good match with Kong, though. King of Gate already looks awesome, all three of those matches should be a lot of fun.

Tozawa vs. Dragon Kid in a singles match? Hnng. That's how you do good business, Dragon Gate.

How I could see the Sheamus story going...

Sheamus beats Ziggler
Sheamus beats Bryan for the IC title
Neville beats Sheamus for the IC title

Would you guys be down with this?

I'd be absolutely fine with that though it is certain Bryan is coming back? It seemed like retirement was almost a foregone conclusion a few days back or is that just Dirtsheets gonna Dirtsheet?

Alucard

Banned
I'd be absolutely fine with that though it is certain Bryan is coming back? It seemed like retirement was almost a foregone conclusion a few days back or is that just Dirtsheets gonna Dirtsheet?

Yeah, I fantasy booked based on Bryan actually being able to wrestle. Not sure they want Bryan dropping the IC title so quickly if he's healthy, though.

I think it's more WrassleGAF being WrassleGAF. I haven't seen any retirement speculation from the sheets, just he's likely out again.

Lum1n3s

2G1xvTs.gif

Still can't get over yesterday's LU episode, I keep on looking at the gif of Angelico flying with them wings of his and can't get over how mesmerizing it is. Props to the man!

jmdajr

lol, everyone at my WrestleMania party audibly groaned when Roman started coming back.

Anyways, Avengers 2 is going to be fine. It will get reviewed well, an overwhelming majority of people will say its FnP, it will make fuckloads of money, and then internet cool-guys will hop on Gaf and say it was stupid in order to fulfill their anti-establishment quota.

FNP is all I need from Marvel Cinematic Universe. That's it. So far it has done that for me. It's all good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The biggest fault with Marvel movies is how FnP they are. They take it to extremes that EVERYONE is John Cena. Every single hero is so smart and witty because Joss Whedon only writes one character type.

Alucard

Banned
The biggest fault with Marvel movies is how FnP they are. They take it to extremes that EVERYONE is John Cena. Every single hero is so smart and witty because Joss Whedon only writes one character type.

Eh, I don't think so. Hulk is different from Iron Man is different from Black Widow is different from Captain America.

Star-Lord is the best, though. Yeah, not a lot of depth, but a space cowboy who keeps on keeping on in life.

jmdajr

There is always X-men where they bury characters like Cyclops. Enjoy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's more WrassleGAF being WrassleGAF. I haven't seen any retirement speculation from the sheets, just he's likely out again.

I really don't think it's so far fetched after Aguayo Jr died. I think a lot of people are rethinking the bumps they take. Some don't care, but others are starting to wonder.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
El Rey is honestly a pretty great network. They're always showing dope-ass movies.

Sephzilla

Occulus Rift / Morpheus / whatever is basically going to be the next motion control or 3D gaming fad. It will come out, be popular at first, people will act like it's the future of gaming, and then interest in it will die down because people will realize it only really improves the experience in niche ways.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It'll never go anywhere without proper, included limb support.

Holding a controller in your hand feels like it defeats the entire point of 'VR'. Just makes it a ll the more obvious it's just a gimmick. Especially when the controller won't even be standardized. They got a long way to go unless everyone in the world just wants to buy rail games/experiences.

That Oculus Rift thing-a-ma-bob is all bs. At least commercially. It's never coming out..

I tried a friends kit he got for backing them on Kickstarted and was fairly underwhelmed. It's pretty cool at first and then you try looking down to far and smack your head on the desk (Ok that was just me). In general if it was something like a twitch shooter I can imagine it being quite queasy-making cause turning your head back and forth in any kind of rapid succession made me feel a bit ill and I never get motion sickness of almost any kind.

Top Bottom