• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

Hobohodo

I'm glad for the turn your post made at the end : P I'd like to clarify that I never misunderstood the missions (or else I wouldn't really be calling attention to Septimus's exasperating weirdness regarding the rules). The person who quoted me (Burbeting) misunderstood what I said. You are the one who said here that I didn't misunderstand, and was pointing out something crucial about the night chats and the mafia. I didn't think I had to validate that; I'm sorry for not replying then.!

Whoops! That what I get for skimming through my own posts. But yeah your definerly in my safe camp for today now.

Burbeting

Banned
(off topic: oh hey, I'm a full member in gaf now, woo :D)

Mike_Hawk concerns me partly due to this. As it reads lime he has just used burbertings post as an easy way to not need to form opinions himself. He took the easy way out for his suspicion list as well, choosing the first four volunteers. If he is town this will cause problems down the line as he will just follow opinions of others and could be mislead. Or he could be scum who is finding it difficult to form reasonable suspicions of players as he knows they are innocent. I know I had that problem last game. Unsure where to place him on the inactive list as of now.

Yeah, I noticed this too, which was why I ade that reminder that the list was just my subjective thoughts about players, and not so much a list that could be used the way Mike_Hawk used.

On general sense, I se that lot of people use earlier games like the AC one as a point of reference to how players act, but for example I haven't played/read those games, because the threads in them have become humongously big, so some of those points might get lost on me. Even so, I think using past games as reference can be a good thing, if players way of acting has changed noticeably from the earlier game.

Palmer_v1

Thanks!

I'm going to try and read through some people's posts at lunch today, starting with Mazre's like I promised. Otherwise, I don't have a lot of time to do much more than keep up with new posts and try to respond to anything directed at me. 4pm is an awkward end time for me, but so be it.

At this point, are people fairly certain we have a Mafia on the mission? I'm still undecided about what we can safely talk about tonight. I still think Arkos and Tiger are too much of an unknown, unfortunately. I'm less concerned about Mazre.

I think Haly is on deck if we lynched someone on the mission, but I don't have a great read on him either.

Up to date vote count:

Players needed to lynch: 12

Burbeting - 1 - Razmos (L-11)
cooljeanius - 2 - EzekelRAGE, Mike_Hawk689 (L-10)
Enker - 2 - cabbeh, squidyj (L-10)
EzekelRAGE - 1 - Seath (L-11)
GreatLord Tiger - 4 - Burbeting, Septimus Prime, Visualante2, Zubz (L-8)
Mazre - 2 - Enker, TheGoddamn (L-10)
Mike_Hawk689 - 2 - Haly, Palmer_v1 (L-10)
roytheone - 1 - El Topo (L-11)
Seath - 2 - Hobohodo, roytheone (L-10)
Septimus Prime - 2 - GreatLord Tiger, YesNOnoNOYes (L-10)
squidyj - 1 - Arkos (L-11)
Visualante2 - 1 - Quantumbro (L-11)
Zubz - 1 - Mazre (L-11)

Players not voting: cooljeanius

I don't like how you hopped onto the bandwagon with your vote, with little reason for doing so, but luckily for you there's still one person without a vote

VOTE: cooljeanius

Zubz

Banned
Zubz – Only reason he voted Tiger was to get some pressure to one of the four early volunteers. It was okay as an early vote, but Zubz hasn’t really returned to talk about it later.

So yeah, to answer your question, I think this group voting for GreatLord seems kind of odd to me, because none of them had too great reasoning behind their votes. I can kind of understand Zubz and Hobohobo’s votes, since Zubz wanted to go with YNNNY’s plan, and I presume Hobo wanted to vote at that point since others had said that everyone should vote someone at that point. I have no excuses for Septimus’ vote though at all. At this point I can’t say if these three votes are connected though. If this was a later day than Day 1, I might think it could be Mafia lazily trying to bandwagon, but this is day 1, and reasonings behind votes can be bit sleazy.

That said, I still do stand behind my own reasoning with voting GreatLord Tiger, which I have stated earlier. He hasn’t really answered to my concerns, and in fact hasn’t posted anything at all for over an day at all even though he has some votes.

But this read-through was pretty informative in general, so thanks for asking about it. It also highlighted to me, that I should have read more carefully the posts of the last people too, but I took an easy route back then because time was already at around 1am, and I was super-sleepy at that point.

Yeah. Sorry for not elaborating more, it's just that there's not too much more to elaborate. Palmer has a valid reason (And he can't be evil ALL the time... right?), Mazre already had votes on him, and although both Akros and Tiger seem new to the game, Tiger seemed somewhat less confused. Granted, now that Tiger has the most votes, I feel kind of bad voting for him. I was considering switching to Mazre, but with Visulante voting for Maz now, I think switching my vote would result in a tie. Which is bad. Plus, I don't want my vote to seem reactionary, since Maz is voting for me right now. It feels weird that I was singled out, but it's only one vote, so it's not too bad.

... Unless he's KGB and has some long-haul contingency plan where, if he dies, some other KGB operative'll be all "HEY! That KGB agent seemed to lightly tap Zubz early on... Was this to divert suspicion off of one another?!" and you guys end up taking me down during the day. ...This game gets me paranoid, if you couldn't tell.

Also, sorry if I'm not as active as others/some of my posts seem "fluffy." If I have a comment on the situation, I want to make sure it's good, and well thought out. In some of these cases, I have no strong opinion either way (Like voting for inactives; I know it's a good idea, but nothing about Damn, Mike, Zeke, and Viz strikes me as suspicious, and I preferred this plan of voting for someone on a mission for the "apply pressure" reasons discussed before). I mean, heck, Vis' biggest "problem" here is that he wants a "break," which is cheap, but seeing how he seems intimidated because of discussions of past GAFia games, I think I see where he's coming from. I don't agree with it. But I can see it. However, there's still 5 hours left to the day, so maybe I'll change my votes if someone can give me a reason to kill an inactive/other volunteer that flows with me. Again, Tiger's not even a "gut feeling" so much as a "I hope this strat works" and "GAFia players hate voting for a 'No Kill' and thus it makes you more suspicious than voting for someone random." Then again, there's always Squidy...

I probably should've updated that vote count with my own, lol.

Players needed to lynch: 12

Burbeting - 1 - Razmos (L-11)
cooljeanius - 3 - EzekelRAGE, Mike_Hawk689, Quantumbro (L-9)
Enker - 2 - cabbeh, squidyj (L-10)
EzekelRAGE - 1 - Seath (L-11)
GreatLord Tiger - 4 - Burbeting, Septimus Prime, Visualante2, Zubz (L-8)
Mazre - 2 - Enker, TheGoddamn (L-10)
Mike_Hawk689 - 2 - Haly, Palmer_v1 (L-10)
roytheone - 1 - El Topo (L-11)
Seath - 2 - Hobohodo, roytheone (L-10)
Septimus Prime - 2 - GreatLord Tiger, YesNOnoNOYes (L-10)
squidyj - 1 - Arkos (L-11)
Zubz - 1 - Mazre (L-11)

Players not voting: cooljeanius

What I've noticed is that cooljeanius wanting to vote for Enker but not commiting all the way maybe because he'd be called out as bandwaggon? (post 827)
The only reasoning I see in his voting is: Ah yeah you're right... Vote: xxxx

VOTE: cooljeanius
I'm actually not really considering voting for Enker any more; I'm leaning more towards EzekelRAGE now because he still hasn't responded to my last question to him... And if I were actually mafia, I wouldn't need to wait for other comments to bandwagon on, because I'd already have that shit figured out ahead of time.

Mike_Hawk concerns me partly due to this. As it reads lime he has just used burbertings post as an easy way to not need to form opinions himself. He took the easy way out for his suspicion list as well, choosing the first four volunteers. If he is town this will cause problems down the line as he will just follow opinions of others and could be mislead. Or he could be scum who is finding it difficult to form reasonable suspicions of players as he knows they are innocent. I know I had that problem last game. Unsure where to place him on the inactive list as of now.

(off topic: oh hey, I'm a full member in gaf now, woo :D)

Yeah, I noticed this too, which was why I ade that reminder that the list was just my subjective thoughts about players, and not so much a list that could be used the way Mike_Hawk used.

On general sense, I se that lot of people use earlier games like the AC one as a point of reference to how players act, but for example I haven't played/read those games, because the threads in them have become humongously big, so some of those points might get lost on me. Even so, I think using past games as reference can be a good thing, if players way of acting has changed noticeably from the earlier game.

My post thanking Burbeting is clearly just a gesture of appreciation since it clearly looks, in my opinion, a lot of time to write that up. Rereading my post I didnt use what he wrote, I went post by post to see if anything stood out.

What if arkos is the only mafia player who was available on time? There are a lot of what if's involved.

I could be wrong here, but the way I read this is you seem to imply that there is a method to the mafia selection process, whereas it's been confirmed it's completely random. Mafia might not have any experienced players, or they might all be vets (dear god). There's no narrative to be made from these assumptions because there is no narrative.

I think your point is a good one, and one to keep in mind but I wouldn't really take serious stock in it because of the random element of allocation.

Of course, there's a lot of possibilities we can't deny that. I'm not saying that there is selection of the mafia members. Everyone now it's a rng. But lets say you have some some inexperienced players and some experienced players as mafia, would you want to have a "noob" go into missions, have access to night chat and report back with information that they probably misread due to their lack of experience?

Ourobolus

Banned
Let me just clarify one more time, all roles were assigned randomly. You could have eight mafia vets, or twelve noob mafia, or whatever.

Palmer_v1

Of course, there's a lot of possibilities we can't deny that. I'm not saying that there is selection of the mafia members. Everyone now it's a rng. But lets say you have some some inexperienced players and some experienced players as mafia, would you want to have a "noob" go into missions, have access to night chat and report back with information that they probably misread due to their lack of experience?

I don't think the information gathering would be an issue for a newbie, as they could just copy/paste. The real decision for Mafia is if they wanted to put someone on the mission to minimize their risk of being investigated, or to put them in a place to use any special power on the mission.

I think the reason I joined is pretty much the same reason a high profile Mafia player would want to join. Tiger and Arkos wouldn't have to worry about that if they were Mafia. Mazre might. I obviously would. This presupposes that a high profile player ended up as Mafia. With RNG, it could be all newbies for all we know.

Palmer_v1

Lylo is a situation where you have to lynch someone correctly, or lose, usually due to Mafia outnumbering you on the next Day phase. i.e. 7 players, 3 as Mafia.

Mylo is similar, but you only lose if you mislynch. A No Lynch will still buy you another day. i.e. 8 players, 3 as Mafia.

Zubz

Banned
Lylo is a situation where you have to lynch someone correctly, or lose, usually due to Mafia outnumbering you on the next Day phase. i.e. 7 players, 3 as Mafia.

Mylo is similar, but you only lose if you mislynch. A No Lynch will still buy you another day. i.e. 8 players, 3 as Mafia.

Ah. Again, a lot of terms went unused when I played in-person. I know the situation all too well, but didn't know there was a word for it.

Hey, no editing! Weird it doesn't show an edit time though. lol

... Yeah, sorry about that. I wasn't thinking. That's what I get for posting while multitasking!

roytheone

Out of the two current front runners ( Tiger and Cooljenius) I am defiantly most suspicious of Tiger. He was a quick volunteer, was suspicious of Mazre without giving his reasons except the volunteering, when Palmer called out the fact that he was "bandwagoning" to save his own hide he changed his tune incredibly quickly to Septimus and he had this extremely far fetched theory:

I'll be honest I am leaning toward Mazre if going by the theory one of the four in the mission is KGB. The only thing that makes me hesitant is KGB had two days to coordinate and they could have predicted us going this way. So, instead they could be pushing us to lynch someone in the mission group in order to Have town lynch an innocent person and then also get one of their KGB into the Mission group. But, I dunno I could be overthinking this.

Yeah, the mafia would have to get the exact fifth volunteer space and get us to lynch one in the group in order to make that work, that's.......a stretch.

Cooljeanius early focus on squid was kinda weird and his arguments not convincing at all (he posts a lot!), but now he seems to have upped his game and is actively searching for a new vote target. I haven't lost all suspicion of him, but he did drop some places on my list.

Anyway, I am still pretty happy with my Seath vote for now, but if it goes between those two during the final moments, I may switch my vote to Tiger if it is needed to prevent a tie.

I don't think the information gathering would be an issue for a newbie, as they could just copy/paste. The real decision for Mafia is if they wanted to put someone on the mission to minimize their risk of being investigated, or to put them in a place to use any special power on the mission.

I was assuming that they couldn't copy paste and that they had to paraphrase just like the pm roles that we receive.

Palmer_v1

Out of the two current front runners ( Tiger and Cooljenius) I am defiantly most suspicious of Tiger. He was a quick volunteer, was suspicious of Mazre without giving his reasons except the volunteering, when Palmer called out the fact that he was "bandwagoning" to save his own hide he changed his tune incredibly quickly to Septimus and he had this extremely far fetched theory:

Yeah, the mafia would have to get the exact fifth volunteer space and get us to lynch one in the group in order to make that work, that's.......a stretch.

Cooljeanius early focus on squid was kinda weird and his arguments not convincing at all (he posts a lot!), but now he seems to have upped his game and is actively searching for a new vote target. I haven't lost all suspicion of him, but he did drop some places on my list.

Anyway, I am still pretty happy with my Seath vote for now, but if it goes between those two during the final moments, I may switch my vote to Tiger if it is needed to prevent a tie.

My only reluctance for voting Tiger at this point is that he's had the most votes for the majority of the day, but it doesn't feel like there's been a solid push towards anyone else. If he is Mafia, that means they've either been a bit inept, a bit unlucky, or they're just letting it ride.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So just going down the current list. Also I'll try not to go "inexperience! inexperience!" because I realize I'm doing that a lot for like, half the posters.

Burbeting - I think burbeting is doing a great job of recapping people so he's rapidly moving up my list of town reads. I was wary of his lack of activity at first, but he had a flurry of posts last night while I was sleeping so those worries are gone.

cooljeanius - It's hard to get a read on him. I feel that the most disconcerting part is that he rarely makes posts of his own accord and almost exclusively responds to people. Being reactionary is more scum than town.

Enker - A very inactive poster and he's apparently not going to show up for the final round of voting. I'm not getting scum from him but leaving a vote at -24 hours and then disappearing (even with forewarning) is not a good look. He says he has finals this week, and I'm sympathetic to that, but if he keeps it up in the coming weeks it's going to be bad for his reputation.

EzekelRAGE - He responded to my prod yesterday and he said he'll give a list of reads later (his last post before going dark), and I assume that's later today, but that'll be too late to change anyone's opinion seeing as how we're close to the end of the day. Very close. Giving reads 2 hours before the deadline does fuckall.

GreatLord Tiger - I really dislike the fact that he missed a day and he's going to miss the vote as well. At least Enker gave a good reason for his silence.

Mazre - Despite being #2 on the voting list, he's maintained a very cool, collected demeanor. Suave town or insidious scum? Can't say. Either way he's a competent player and I don't want to lynch strong players so early because we'll need them going forward.

Mike_Hawk689 - He could definitely be giving more reads of his own volition. Hiding behind other players is not a good habit, because a weak town can be just as harmful as scum.

roytheone - After El Topo and I gave him a push he's become more proactive as a player. Understandably, he's a bit lost when I and others refer to the AC thread so I'm going to try to keep that to a minimum.

Seath - Hi Seath! You wanted to me to give reads on you before so here they are. Post less fluff. Post more reads and discussion, even if it's based on nothing but gut feeling. Otherwise you're just going to get Day 2 lynched again. I'm saying this for your own good!

Septimus Prime - Yeah... I dunno. I think the Danganronpa game is a better fit for his shenanigans.

squidyj - Still strongly town as usual.

Zubz - Acceptable mix of fluff and contribution. Very little else to say. Mazre's vote is still on him but that was a gut vote isn't it?

There are less than 5 hours left, we should focus our attention on these guys to ensure we get a lynch. Danganronpa went through some chaos at the last second and I really want to avoid that here, especially in Ouro's absence. I will try to help with the vote count but it's possible for me to slip up so be sure of who you're voting for, then vote. Flipflopping at this time is muy no bueno.

Going by the list above:

Vote: cooljeanius

Palmer_v1

I was assuming that they couldn't copy paste and that they had to paraphrase just like the pm roles that we receive.

Fair point. I'm not sure this is explicitly covered in our current rules.

@Ouro: Would a player be allowed to copy posts from one hidden forum to another hidden forum, or from a hidden forum to this public forum?

I assume there's no issue copying posts from public to secret.

Hobohodo

In the gossip chats we had for AC we were told we couldn't copy/paste information. Ouro was in that game so he may have a similar rule.

Palmer_v1

In the gossip chats we had for AC we were told we couldn't copy/paste information. Ouro was in that game so he may have a similar rule.

It absolutely makes sense now that Mike has pointed it out. I just want to make sure it's official so we don't have to worry about it at all.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What about the... choking chat?

Oh dear, I said too much.

Kevyt

I don't think cooljeaniues is KGB. I don't want to vote for him. EzelKelRage has a good excuse as to why his posting is now different than the AC game.

I have no idea who to vote for now.

Unvote: EzekelRage

cooljeanius - It's hard to get a read on him. I feel that the most disconcerting part is that he rarely makes posts of his own accord and almost exclusively responds to people. Being reactionary is more scum than town.
I mean, I want to respond, but that'd only strengthen your suspicions about me, so... idk what to say to you.

I don't think cooljeaniues is KGB. I don't want to vote for him. EzelKelRage has a good excuse as to why his posting is now different than the AC game.

I have no idea who to vote for now.

Unvote: EzekelRage
Thanks for not voting for me, but un-voting EzekelRAGE doesn't really do much to help me decide who to vote for, either, so... yeah.

cabot

Just a quick heads up to say I'm playing badminton tonight, won't be back until around 9.30pm UK time (thats 30 minutes before deadline)

Hold on to your butts.

El Topo

Anyone that doesn't vote is immediately suspect to me. That's the kind of "Not stepping on anyone's toes" kind of move I don't like.

Palmer_v1

Alright, I went through Mazre's posts and it still leaves me feeling a little uneasy. Around 1/3 of the posts are fluffy or side content. A bunch are related to the votes he's placed, which is fine. The rest are sort of non-apologies, or hand waving votes against him as not being worth attempting to refute on Day 1.

Just not enough for me to get a solid read, honestly. There are far scummier feeling players though, so I don't plan to vote Mazre again for now.

Zubz

Banned
Anyone that doesn't vote is immediately suspect to me. That's the kind of "Not stepping on anyone's toes" kind of move I don't like.

Hey, I'll admit, I'm usually that kind of player.

Am I right in saying we currently have a tie between cooljeanius and Greatlord Tiger?

Because that's a problem.

I'm still thinking of changing my vote. My vote for Mazre wouldn't give us a tie anymore, right?

roytheone

Am I right in saying we currently have a tie between cooljeanius and Greatlord Tiger?

Because that's a problem.

While I am still pretty confident in my Seath vote, I know he will not get a majority, and since a no lynch tie will be a worst case scenario I am willing to change my vote to Tiger if that could prevent a tie. But for now I will wait and see how the vote count is closer to the deadline.

squidyj

Volunteer discussion:
I'm agreed with Mike RE: town ownership of volunteers. I feel the overall sentiment has been anyone making suggestions has been suspicious for trying to control it or obfuscate any information town could gain from it. We have to be careful not to let this drag out and cloud other days. It would be easy for KGB to just keep adding fuel to this debate.

I think any power roles should be staying with the larger group for now. KGB would be cutting their game short if they were to hit someone on the mission. Following on from this I believe KGB will be looking for anyone who doesn't want to be part of the missions (as Mazre highlights) will make power roles an easy target. This is why I feel we should obfuscate who goes on missions or ignore missions entirely from day two, until the situation changes. To be clear the only reason I didn't volunteer today was because I am new but that won't stop me tomorrow.

As for my own vote, I've been flipping between Mazre, GreatLord Tiger and Palmer. For me GreatLord has just been least useful. I don't subscribe to the next level bluff. KGB will want that info asap.

I think Septimus Prime has been playing dumb RE: immunity from lynches. Just a general thought about the way I've been playing. I have mostly been focusing on those talking most, and under criticism most. It's hard for me to focus on those inactive so I hope experienced players will be able to do that for town. (even me) I think my posts have been quality over quantity despite what some say. I choose to keep some thoughts to myself because I don't want the KGB to absorb my next level strats and use them against us. I won't defend myself at length about this when pushed, which appears to be the expectation of the game. With that I will apologise for the lateness of my vote.

VOTE: GreatLord Tiger
there's not a lot in it for me between Mazre and GreatLord.

This is....... one of the scummiest things I've read in a while. and one of the only posts with substance we've seen from visualante. First lets talk about how ante says it's between Mazre and Greatlord, two players with the highest vote counts (at that point in time), it reeks of bandwagoning.

Further ante suggests that people who are debating systems for missions have been viewed as suspicious (insinuating this is ante's own position) when I can't see this as being further from the truth. Ante seems to believe KGB would target in the mission despite all discussion today and tries to convince power roles to stay home where KGB can get them.

Ante suggests that their posts have been quality over quantity, click the magnifying glass in the top right, do an advanced search for posts made by visualante2 in this thread and see if you think that's true.

Ante suggests that they've been holding back but it reads to me like a bullshit smokescreen and then Ante goes on to say that they won't react if pressed.

Vote: VisualAnte2

I find it very hard to believe that this guy could be town in any way shape or form. I think we'll be making a mistake if we let one of the currently high-vote targets die today.

Ourobolus

Banned
About to cross the border. Here's what I have so far!

Current Votes!

squidyj (1)
Mazre
Arkos
cooljeanius

Haly (0)
Seath

EzekelRAGE (0)
cabbeh
Haly
Seath

roytheone (1)
Haly
El Topo

cabbeh (0)
Squidyj

Mazre (2)
Palmer_v1
YesNOnoNOYes
Enker
cabbeh
TheGoddamn

The Goddamn (0)
Palmer_v1

Razmos (0)
Squidyj

GreatLord Tiger (4)
Burbeting
Hobohodo
Septimus Prime
Zubz
Visualante2

Burbeting (1)
Razmos

cooljeanius (4)
EzekelRAGE
cabbeh
Mike_Hawk689
QuantumBro
Haly

Mike_Hawk689 (1)
Roytheone
Cabbeh
Palmer_v1
Haly

El Topo (0)
Haly

Zubz (1)
Mazre

Visualante2 (1)
QuantumBro
squidyj

Seath (2)
Hobohodo
roytheone

Septimus Prime (2)
GreatLord Tiger
YesNOnoNOYes

Enker (1)
cabbeh
squidyj

QuantumBro (1)
cooljeanius

VOLUNTEERS
Mazre
Palmer_v1
Arkos
GreatLord Tiger
===BACKUP===
Haly
Squidyj
El Topo
YesNOnoNOYes

Night 1 Starts at:
t1438894800z1.png

squidyj

I want to articulate my thoughts a little more on why visualante makes sense.

I feel wary lynching people over obvious mistakes, these mistakes have been happening a lot and it's very strange and amongst them there might be mafia but generally making these mistakes isn't indicative of a mafia playstyle IMO. There are mistakes that are and I won't talk about them here. This is part of the reasoning for me moving away from Enker.

I also don't want to get sucked up in focusing on the guys on the mission, if we say there's 1 in the first 4 and 2 in the first 8 we're breaking even at best and allowing ourselves to be manipulated into making a mistake at worst. So mazre and greatlord, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was mafia voting on them at this point, I don't think they're where we should be putting our time and energy.

...actually, never mind about my previous vote for QuantumBro; that was just trolling to make a point. So:

Unvote: QuantumBro

Of course, now I still need someone to actually vote for... Seeing as EzekelRAGE currently has no other votes that have managed to stick to him, and as he still hasn't replied to me since yesterday:

Vote: EzekelRAGE

Kevyt

I've also been looking at VisualAnte2's posts and it seems that he (or she?) is very cautious when posting. Not to mention that visualante has the lowest post count from any other players.

Vote: VisualAnte2

squidyj

This volunteering lark is obviously going to be some erotic team building exercise. I bet you don't even get paid more. Pfft.

My guess is that the mission is a game of Russian roulette.

Just a couple of things I'm throwing out there. Is there any value in making sure new people go on the mission every night? I know we're trying this strategy of protecting experienced players this way but how long can we go on like that? And what if we actually end up protecting a mafia role the entire game, while ensuring they get as much information from the mission as possible.

My concern is that we're going to make it harder for ourselves as town. What if we just ignore it the entire game, play regular mafia until we actually need to protect someone.

I'm much less likely to suspect squidy because he was just having a bit of fun with it. It's the correction and back pedaling that makes Mazre ever so slightly more interesting to me.

I'm going to point out the preview post button.

You can still access the full site on mobile. But I understand where you're coming from. Copy and paste on Android doesn't work too well for me either.

I was just agreeing with YesNOnoNOYes's line of thinking that's all.

While I agree that inactive posters have a responsibility to pull their weight. New comers should be given a break. A good portion of the discussion so far has been about previous games which some of us weren't part of. What do you expect us to say? Not to mention all the people double posting to correct errors is shifting the balance.

Palmer_v1 raises some good points about the mission, but what rubs me wrong is the tone of his posts. Could just be an experienced player throwing his weight around I guess.

I think Enker is on the money tonight, but I anticipate other problems coming after the fact. Besides we should get some interesting information in the mean time.

Thanks for the summary roytheone. Cabbeh on your first point, Ouro set it up as voluntary to make the game more interesting to watch, and perhaps to play. Subverting that to gain a competitive advantage is completely within the rules. In my opinion after the first night we should be ignoring the mission until we have a good reason to use it. Any sort of delay just kicks the can down the road in my opinion. If people want in on the mission they will do it at hour 1 or hour 24. One key thing I'm struggling to see is where player's personality is shining through rather than their role. Some people just like to have things nice and neat, while some roles will prefer predictability or chaos.

This probably counts as fluff. Sorry, it's hard for me to know what's going on without a list of roles. I'm used to knowing there is a mafia, town, cop, fool, doctor etc.

I don't believe that's an option. 4 players must be on the mission. I think trying to protect people this way will be a losing battle.

My mistake, misread the rules. First of up to 4 volunteers. That becomes more interesting especially in the late game.

Been watching TI5 a lot and catching up on things around the house. I will read up tonight and make a substantial post.

Volunteer discussion:
I'm agreed with Mike RE: town ownership of volunteers. I feel the overall sentiment has been anyone making suggestions has been suspicious for trying to control it or obfuscate any information town could gain from it. We have to be careful not to let this drag out and cloud other days. It would be easy for KGB to just keep adding fuel to this debate.

I think any power roles should be staying with the larger group for now. KGB would be cutting their game short if they were to hit someone on the mission. Following on from this I believe KGB will be looking for anyone who doesn't want to be part of the missions (as Mazre highlights) will make power roles an easy target. This is why I feel we should obfuscate who goes on missions or ignore missions entirely from day two, until the situation changes. To be clear the only reason I didn't volunteer today was because I am new but that won't stop me tomorrow.

As for my own vote, I've been flipping between Mazre, GreatLord Tiger and Palmer. For me GreatLord has just been least useful. I don't subscribe to the next level bluff. KGB will want that info asap.

I think Septimus Prime has been playing dumb RE: immunity from lynches. Just a general thought about the way I've been playing. I have mostly been focusing on those talking most, and under criticism most. It's hard for me to focus on those inactive so I hope experienced players will be able to do that for town. (even me) I think my posts have been quality over quantity despite what some say. I choose to keep some thoughts to myself because I don't want the KGB to absorb my next level strats and use them against us. I won't defend myself at length about this when pushed, which appears to be the expectation of the game. With that I will apologise for the lateness of my vote.

VOTE: GreatLord Tiger
there's not a lot in it for me between Mazre and GreatLord.

visualante's mafia contributions to date.

Top Bottom