• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

Zubz

Banned
hmm it is weird they would target me over Squidy who was way more active/productive the first day phase.
giphy.gif

You roleclaimed, though, so he had something to go off of.

... Unless THIS is some sort of set-up, too?

TqLHwA0.gif

Palmer_v1

You deserved to be targeted yesterday. You were not playing in a way that helped town. Today's actions are also debatable. I haven't actually decided if I want to unvote you or not yet.

Oops, got you and Seath's posts mixed up. I read this as Seath being mad he got votes against him yesterday.

Disregard!

Zubz

Banned
Im talking about targeting me N1, I didnt roleclaim til today.

Oh. I thought you meant Seath saying that his role targeted you, until this revelation. My bad!

Speaking of which, I'm not going to say why, but I think we're about to go full Blarg with Seath here. This is gonna be good.

squidyj

Im talking about targeting me N1, I didnt roleclaim til today.

The other thing I'll add is that mafia knows who the mafia are, so if there are behaviours that might otherwise be read as mafia, ie your low post count and lack of contribution to town in day 1, relative to your performance in the AC mafia, well mafia would tend to read that as some sort of power role IMO. Since they know you're not mafia but you're behaving strangely anyways.

"Post to be"
Pose

Dammit lolool

lol Ezekel, I still not quite sure what you wanted to write there.... can you re-typo it more? :D

Seath, well, now that's more like it :> I likey all of these. Words! I live for them! So okay, you scumreads squidy, fair, but I still think ... there are more Agency ways to form stronger theories against him than what you are doing now. But okies, I am not one to lordly my own playstyle over others! So, I accept your words (nom nom)

However, I do feel that there are other elementz of your current playstyle that does not sit well with me, as I have outlined in the previous page, naaaaamely you have been bandwagonning like a... filthy bandwagoner!

With the exception of your first vote against Haly, your other votes have been very suss!

• Here, you bandwagonned against Enker (#793) ONE POST after cabbeh went after Enker (#792)
  • Then you bandwagonned against EzekelRAGE (#851) after Haly started that vote (#836).
  • And finally, you took up squidy's Visualante2 bandwagon (#995 and #999)... Note that you are always the FIRST ONE that signed on to these votes. Three times in a row! I mean once or twice, I'd have let it slide... :x
I don't know what to read off that, except that you are just jerking around >___<

TO BE FAIR~ I think each time you've voted you tried to fit a reason behind it, but I just can't unsee the pattern of your voting habits from D1 ._____.

In any case, .... I donno if its too late or if the rice has turned to porridge now, with all of these claims that are thrown about so loosely in our faces today, but my final point! is that everyone would like to have fun .... and I think everyone was sort of kind of having fun, but i personally think every player should show a degree of desire for self-preservation and therefore for #winning! But you mentioned a few times that you wouldn't mind getting lynched early... okay, sure, that can be beneficial to our glorious Agency, ... I just am not getting a serious-enough-vibes of a player from you before, but... this last post of yours (the big, long one) is a thing I am appreciating.

That's just my two cents though~ (I need a payrise, omg. TWO CENTS)

Kevyt

lol Ezekel, I still not quite sure what you wanted to write there.... can you re-typo it more? :D

Seath, well, now that's more like it :> I likey all of these. Words! I live for them! So okay, you scumreads squidy, fair, but I still think ... there are more Agency ways to form stronger theories against him than what you are doing now. But okies, I am not one to lordly my own playstyle over others! So, I accept your words (nom nom)

However, I do feel that there are other elementz of your current playstyle that does not sit well with me, as I have outlined in the previous page, naaaaamely you have been bandwagonning like a... filthy bandwagoner!

With the exception of your first vote against Haly, your other votes have been very suss!

• Here, you bandwagonned against Enker (#793) ONE POST after cabbeh went after Enker (#792)
  • Then you bandwagonned against EzekelRAGE (#851) after Haly started that vote (#836).
  • And finally, you took up squidy's Visualante2 bandwagon (#995 and #999)... Note that you are always the FIRST ONE that signed on to these votes. Three times in a row! I mean once or twice, I'd have let it slide... :x
I don't know what to read off that, except that you are just jerking around >___<

TO BE FAIR~ I think each time you've voted you tried to fit a reason behind it, but I just can't unsee the pattern of your voting habits from D1 ._____.

In any case, .... I donno if its too late or if the rice has turned to porridge now, with all of these claims that are thrown about so loosely in our faces today, but my final point! is that everyone would like to have fun .... and I think everyone was sort of kind of having fun, but i personally think every player should show a degree of desire for self-preservation and therefore for #winning! But you mentioned a few times that you wouldn't mind getting lynched early... okay, sure, that can be beneficial to our glorious Agency, ... I just am not getting a serious-enough-vibes of a player from you before, but... this last post of yours (the big, long one) is a thing I am appreciating.

That's just my two cents though~ (I need a payrise, omg. TWO CENTS)

I know.. D:

Which is why my "low-post count scum" theory was flawed. I mean, it was just about looking at other Mafia games, and realizing that Mafia isn't that inactive, if anything, they're moderately active. I had to rethink my whole strategy and come up with something. This is all I could think of...

I honestly didn't have much reasoning for voting for those three other than their low post activity, which was very wrong and flawed considering it was day 1.

I wanted to revisit my vote for VisualAnte2 but it was too late. I

Kevyt

Sigh... my keyboard ;_:

Continuation from previous post...

... I thought to myself that waiting for almost the end of the turn to do something or vote for someone was just not the way I was going to play.

I want to get reactions from players early on. It's my best bet, because I know I will get taken out early in the game. I have to do something!

I re-read the whole thread and my intuition just leaves me to Squidyj. I've given my version and my explanation for why this is so. I hope everyone else can see what I mean. The whole Tiger situation was very shady from Squidyj, and so are his other targets (haly, and razmos). He never even explained why he believed we should lynch Razmos.

Hmmmmm hmmmmm okies. I donno. I can't be sure about you and your ballsy moves but I accept. I think we can salvage D2. Maybe.

Unvote: Seath

So, .......... as far as I am concerned, I will move forward with assumptions that Seath had a severe drunkeness and that his roleclaim was fake and that he made up that deliciously black jewish agent all by himself.

In that case, I'm moving forward with the premise that all of Seath's actions today had been to elicit reactions from squidy, which is his no.1 suspect.

OK.

OK, ponder on this I shall. Will return shortly with more thoughts and maybe a new vote :D

Let's try and save D2, fellow Dronies! :D

squidyj

Sigh... my keyboard ;_:

Continuation from previous post...

... I thought to myself that waiting for almost the end of the turn to do something or vote for someone was just not the way I was going to play.

I want to get reactions from players early on. It's my best bet, because I know I will get taken out early in the game. I have to do something!

I re-read the whole thread and my intuition just leaves me to Squidyj. I've given my version and my explanation for why this is so. I hope everyone else can see what I mean. The whole Tiger situation was very shady from Squidyj, and so are his other targets (haly, and razmos). He never even explained why he believed we should lynch Razmos.

your intuition is bad, there are a few ways I could have protected tiger without going all batshit crazy over visualante. I didn't say Haly was a target, Razmos is definitely still a target, but I didn't say Haly was, I just said don't trust him. He's done things I don't like and I want people to be aware of those things and not just look at him like "he's saying a lot of stuff and I dunno, maybe that/s good?"

And then I say maybe we should give it til the end of the day and you jump on me like AHA, I'VE GOT HIM NOW. but you aint got shit. It's basically the same train of thought I had when we were going in on hobohodo in the AC game. I was town then and I'm town now. This is my town game.

Kevyt

your intuition is bad, there are a few ways I could have protected tiger without going all batshit crazy over visualante. I didn't say Haly was a target, Razmos is definitely still a target, but I didn't say Haly was, I just said don't trust him. He's done things I don't like and I want people to be aware of those things and not just look at him like "he's saying a lot of stuff and I dunno, maybe that/s good?"

And then I say maybe we should give it til the end of the day and you jump on me like AHA, I'VE GOT HIM NOW. but you aint got shit. It's basically the same train of thought I had when we were going in on hobohodo in the AC game. I was town then and I'm town now. This is my town game.

Why so defensive all of a sudden?

Your tone... is something wrong? :)

Kevyt

This isn't you squiddyj, you were not playing like this in the AC game. You were more calm and sure about yourself. Now you don't seem like it.

Kevyt

shit, you're right.

Please explain this:

Even though I'm too late :( Volunteer

So at the start of a new game I like to have everyone try to guess the mafia, just for fun, so we can look back at the end and see how close we were, it's basically like gambling except you win nothing and lose nothing. I didn't get to do it in the last round because I came in as a replacement so in honor of Darryl last game I'm going to call these the “Hot out the fucking gate picks” :p. Here's mine, fingers crossed

My "Hot out the fucking gate picks”
VisualAnte2
Mike_Hawk689
Razmos
Seath
Haly

More seriously I'd like to hear from each person what they think a good town player looks like, what sort of behavior they would expect from a town player (and why) and how they hope to advance the town agenda in the game going forward. To clarify, the former is about reading other players as town and the latter is about what you yourself want to do for town. Particularly I'd like to hear about interacting with the mission mechanic and how we can best use that for town. I'll chime in with my thoughts once I've heard a few opinions.

And, finally.....
Cry havoc and let slip the hogs of war.

You had Razmos, Haly and VisualAnte2 as your suspects as your random picks from the start of the game, and why was that? Was it just simply random? But you did stick with your picks, except me.

Interesting. Simply interesting...

Kevyt

I'm gonna go ahead and say that VisualAnte2 and others in that list were prime targets for KGB. Especially VisualAnte2. I would seriously consider that we look at everyone who voted for VS2. They are suspects, heck even me.

Oh, so it's daytime again? Cool. Anyways, my computer's hard drive is dead, so I don't have access to my browser with the GAF multi-quote extension currently, so I can't really reply to everyone, but, briefly:

- My suspicions about squidyj have been re-heightened after he led the charge to get our doctor lynched during the previous day. First-day lynches are the worst; they're almost always a townsperson due to probabilities and lack of information. I almost wouldn't have voted at all if people hadn't been pressuring me... but anyways it's the second day now, so now we have more to go on, so I should be okay voting today, once I can post from a non-mobile browser... (don't want to risk breaking the tags due to the lack of a preview post option...)
- If EzekelRAGE's role claim is true, then I'm sorry for voting for him yesterday.
- So apparently self-voting is allowed? Cool, I might vote for myself then; this game might be more than I can handle...

Kevyt

Furthermore, I'm gonna say that Squidyj's list is not random. It was premeditated by him, given that he was consistent on going after Haly, Razmos and VS2. Even today before I posted, he said he didn't like Haly. Even though Haly has played relatively the same judging by the AC game. I'm willing to bet Haly is town.

Squidyj just seems to be playing a different game than he was in the AC game. He seems more aggressive, instead of passive as he was in the AC game. He seemed more sure about himself, his posts and his reasoning than he does now. It's weird.

I'm sticking to my gut feeling.

squidyj
Seath
QuantumBro
YesNOnoNOYes
Palmer_v1
Hobohodo
cabbeh
roytheone
Haly

All the ppl who voted for VS2. I was thinking about suggesting we start with that but tbh there is a slight chance that 1 or no KGB voted for him, idk.

Also passive isnt a word I would use to describe Squidy during the AC game. But maybe I am wrong?

Kevyt

squidyj
Seath
QuantumBro
YesNOnoNOYes
Palmer_v1
Hobohodo
cabbeh
roytheone
Haly

All the ppl who voted for VS2. I was thinking about suggesting we start with that but tbh there is a slight chance that 1 or no KGB voted for him, idk.

Also passive isnt a word I would use to describe Squidy during the AC game. But maybe I am wrong?

SquiddyJ, and Palmer_V1 are the ones that stick out to me.

Palmer_v1

squidyj
Seath
QuantumBro
YesNOnoNOYes
Palmer_v1
Hobohodo
cabbeh
roytheone
Haly

Add anyone that jumped OFF the bandwagon as well.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Hello everybody! I held off on jumping on the volunteer train today (I would have been late anyways; those guys were fast!), we discussed what we were going to do a little bit on the mission but didn't come to a conclusion, I didn't volunteer because 1) I didn't want to piss off everybody else who wanted to go, and 2) the mission wasn't necessarily that productive. We traded some reads and tried to get a read on Darryl, but nothing earth shattering happened. Darryl seems... okay? He did call us names in the first three posts, Palmer wasn't exaggerating about that. How you read him kind of depends on if you think the Visualante bandwagon was to get heat off of GLT/Darryl. So there's that.

I see there has been a lot of activity! I love Seath's anti-squid play whether or not it pays off, at least my question about Seath's D1 post referring to a rabbi has been answered. I'm definitely going to withold judgment though, I'm not exactly convinced and hopefully we can get more conclusive evidence against somebody by the end of the day. Also, I think squiddyj does have a PR, it's:

With the power to make huge mistakes! Okay now I'm just taking the piss out of squidyj, but I've still got a close eye on him and I am uncomfortable with his squid face. Currently I'm paying attention to this guy:

Oh yeah, aren't people watching Archer? SPOILERS:
He does. Twice. He backstabs everyone to help out some previously-undiscussed third party. I guess he could feasibly be in a neutral role that could help the Agency, but...
Assuming you're telling the truth, that's 4 known roles now, barring the obvious "Ordinary" role. So... Huh.

What 4 roles? Did I miss something? I've got Seath's claim, Ezekel's... are you counting mafia and town? This post doesn't make me suspicious, I only realized it was from Zubz when I went to find it so I could quote it. What does make me suspicious is this:

More importantly, however: I never voted for Vis. I admitted I agreed he was a safer vote, based on the explanation that you yourself provided, but I voted for you in the same post for the reasons already discussed. And the only reason I switched back to Tiger is because we were at a tie thanks to this last second Vis bandwagon. As soon as Vis overtook Tiger, I went back to you so that way we weren't at a No Kill.

So yes, I flip-flopped, but the reasons for my votes were...

1. The volunteer I was slightly-more suspicious of for the purpose of pressuring possible KGB volunteers out (But still didn't quite feel in my gut) GLT
2. The player that seemed the most aggressive and suspicious overall squidyj
3. The player I voted on last time because Squidy's Vis bandwagon grew too large and I'd created a tie within the last 15 minutes of the day, and didn't want to jump onto a bandwagon created by the guy I was suspicious of GLT
4. The player I was actually suspicious of, when it was clear we no longer had a tie squidyj

This is not how it went. You unvoted GLT here, when there was still a tie, acknowledging that you were breaking a tie:

... And we're back at a tie. Well, I'm going back to Squidy, then. Sorry, Visulante!

UNVOTE: GreatLord Tiger
VOTE: SquidyJ

Player names added by me. So... something is wrong with your accounting of your votes. You did not vote for squidyj "when it was clear we no longer had a tie." And even if you "didn't vote for Vis," by your own admission your last vote was effectively a vote for Vis. And then, even the vote for GLT (3) was to break a tie. So you voted twice to break the same tie, different ways each time. That's just... weird. I don't know what else to say about it right now. I'll think on it some more and see if I can figure out anything else to contribute.

As for Ezekel, I think he's telling the truth? It's quite unfortunate, I guess mafia could have guessed at him being Archer though since we brilliantly lynched our Hitler-clone doctor on D1. That's the logic of the reveal, right? I guess I agree with his going on missions. And it is so perfectly in character to reveal his role so early lol.

squidyj

Furthermore, I'm gonna say that Squidyj's list is not random. It was premeditated by him, given that he was consistent on going after Haly, Razmos and VS2. Even today before I posted, he said he didn't like Haly. Even though Haly has played relatively the same judging by the AC game. I'm willing to bet Haly is town.

Squidyj just seems to be playing a different game than he was in the AC game. He seems more aggressive, instead of passive as he was in the AC game. He seemed more sure about himself, his posts and his reasoning than he does now. It's weird.

I'm sticking to my gut feeling.

.....why would I make a list that I said was random if it wasn't random and I was going to follow all the names in the list? Like you're saying I'm doing stuff but how would that shit benefit me if I was mafia?

Darryl

Banned
squidyj - for some reason people are linking me to squidyj. it looks like a weak link to me to me. are mafia trying to bring him down through day votes to pick up the pace on eliminating some of these heavy posters?

mazre - don't get the suspicion here either. he's not posting like a madman but when he does, they're well reasoned posts. seems more interested in finding actual mafia than taking stabs in the fucking dark.

palmer, ynyny, haly - posting consistent and well-reasoned

cooljeanius - pushing on squidyj while playing the victim. that evil squidyj, making me vote for an innocent. and he had a power role! the nerve!

zubz - what kind of vote fuckery are you trying to pull?

Zubz

Banned
What 4 roles? Did I miss something? I've got Seath's claim, Ezekel's... are you counting mafia and town? This post doesn't make me suspicious, I only realized it was from Zubz when I went to find it so I could quote it. What does make me suspicious is this

Doctor, Archer, Honeypot, and using the "assuming Seath wasn't lying" logic I was at that time, Mercenary.

This is not how it went. You unvoted GLT here, when there was still a tie, acknowledging that you were breaking a tie:

Player names added by me. So... something is wrong with your accounting of your votes. You did not vote for squidyj "when it was clear we no longer had a tie." And even if you "didn't vote for Vis," by your own admission your last vote was effectively a vote for Vis. And then, even the vote for GLT (3) was to break a tie. So you voted twice to break the same tie, different ways each time. That's just... weird. I don't know what else to say about it right now. I'll think on it some more and see if I can figure out anything else to contribute.

Sorry, I worded it weirdly. Me switching from Tiger to Squidy the second time broke Tiger & Vis' tie. Thus, as of that vote, there was no longer a tie.

The reason I voted in the way that I did was to prevent a No Kill those last 2 times. I didn't want to kill Vis, but I knew that if I kept my vote for Tiger, there was a good chance we were going to a No Kill (I said I followed Squidy's logic about hunting inactives like Vis, but that vote was explicitly a No Kill/Squidy combo). We literally only had 10 minutes left, so I had to change my vote fast. You may be questioning my logic there, but everyone would've been on my case had I let that No Kill happen.
Granted, it would've been better, but we didn't know Vis was the Doctor at the moment.

STEP 1: Voting for Tiger to put pressure on the volunteers
Good idea, actually! Although, since YesNo already has some pressure on Mazre, it might be better to put pressure on one of the other 3 volunteers, seeing how Mazre's the only one with a vote in that lot.

Vote: GreatLord Tiger

STEP 2: I change my vote from Tiger to Squidy
But at this point, I don't feel right voting for Tiger, whereas my gut's comfortable with Squidy.

STEP 3: Thanks to the last second Vis Bandwagon, Tiger and Vis are tied. This means a No Kill. I did not want to be the guy causing a No Kill. So I switched back because we had exactly 15 minutes before the end of the day, and didn't have any better ideas.
... Wait a sec, did I just cause a tie? Ack! Abort! Abort! Sorry, Tiger! You just hit the opposite of a jackpot. I really don't feel good doing this...

UNVOTE: SquidyJ
VOTE: GreatLord Tiger

STEP 4: I change my vote to break the Tiger/Vis tie. I was not suspicious enough of Tiger or Vis. I was suspicious of Squidy. This is not what I said was a vote for Vis. This was me not wanting a No Kill, and also wanting my suspicion of Squidy to be known.
... And we're back at a tie. Well, I'm going back to Squidy, then. Sorry, Visulante!

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. If you, Darryl, or anyone else needs further elaboration, I'll happily do so. But the only thing to gather here is that I didn't want to cause a tie, and I don't trust Squidy.

squidyj

so at the point of a tie and potential no lynch you voted on me to get visualante lynched.
How is that not entirely incoherent?

Zubz

Banned
so at the point of a tie and potential no lynch you voted on me to get visualante lynched.
How is that not entirely incoherent?

How is that not coherent?

We didn't know Vis was Krieger. No one else here wanted a No Kill, and being the guy responsible for a No Kill would've put me in a hot spot. Rather than garnering yours, Akros', and Darryl's suspicions, I would've just garnered everyone's.

My only options were:
1. Keep my vote for Tiger, that I explicitly stated I didn't feel comfortable doing, and cause a tie. Seeing how there were only precious minutes left, I couldn't count on someone else to swoop in and break it.
2. Change my vote to Vis, hopping onto a bandwagon (Weren't we looking at people who voted for Vis for awhile? that, again, I wasn't comfortable with, but slightly moreso than Tiger if only because Vis was inactive.
3. Cast my vote for the player I'm most suspicious of.

I'm sorry Squidy, but out of everyone in this game, I'm most suspicious of you.

Darryl

Banned
Well you voted by proxy against Visualante. Remove a vote for Great Lord puts +1 on Visual. The thing is, why didn't you just vote for Visual? That would have been +2 on Visual. Making the chance of someone else tying even lower. So was removing the tie more important than removing your ties to evicting an innocent ?

squidyj - for some reason people are linking me to squidyj. it looks like a weak link to me to me. are mafia trying to bring him down through day votes to pick up the pace on eliminating some of these heavy posters?
Your predecessor was about to go down, until he was saved, last-minute by a refocus on Visualante2, which was mostly put forth and heavily pushed by squidyj. My reasoning for voting for squidyj is that, if he does get lynched and turns out the be KGB, there's a good chance you are, too, so it's a potential twofer.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I've looked back at Ouro's post and I know exactly what you're referring to now, good catch.

I thought my post was wasted when I saw the Ouro thing after the fact.

I would like to know what this is referring to

Darryl

Banned
Your predecessor was about to go down, until he was saved, last-minute by a refocus on Visualante2, which was mostly put forth and heavily pushed by squidyj. My reasoning for voting for squidyj is that, if he does get lynched and turns out the be KGB, there's a good chance you are, too, so it's a potential twofer.

Do you think that the voting had not already been steered by mafia by that point? Was voting for GreatLord because he volunteered such a huge gotcha moment for town that the mafia couldn't have talked it off? Finding links between people is important but it's also Day #2 and this sounds trigger happy. I looked back at yesterday and Squidyj's logic for pushing for Visualante was sound and was obviously assisted by town looking at that high vote count.

cabot

I wake up still uncomfortable with the Ezekel role reveal and I come back to ALL THIS WHAT THE FUCKING HELL SHIT IS THIS AIDS MOTHER CUNTING ROUNDABOUT CONFUSION OF SICKNESS AND FILTH GODDAMN IT.

I would like to know what this is referring to

OH GOOD ANOTHER CLAIM

FUCKING HELL AIUDHIUDHDWJDDNNJWHUNIWND

yes, I just smacked my heard on the keyboard, you fucking fucks

Razmos

I role claimed quite early in AC mafia and survived all the way to the end D:

Maybe my inexperience is blinding me somewhat, but I still do think Seath has jumped the gun a little here.
ESPECIALLY announcing himself as a neutral party.

I role claimed quite early in AC mafia and survived all the way to the end D:

Maybe my inexperience is blinding me somewhat, but I still do think Seath has jumped the gun a little here.
ESPECIALLY announcing himself as a neutral party.

protip: he said he was lying about all that. 'twas a bait for squidypoo........... or so he said.

personally, i kind of think it is unlikely that squidy is mafia. he started a BRAND NEW bandwagon for Visualante2 and it was too overt, too obvious. Anyone with half a brain would know that this move would draw attention ... and in volumes.

and i also have a thing for grilled squids, slightly salted and peppered, with a dash of lemon juice............ which may be causing some bias.

Razmos

protip: he said he was lying about all that. 'twas a bait for squidypoo........... or so he said.

personally, i kind of think it is unlikely that squidy is mafia. he started a BRAND NEW bandwagon for Visualante2 and it was too overt, too obvious. Anyone with half a brain would know that this move would draw attention ... and in volumes.

and i also have a thing for grilled squids, slightly salted and peppered, with a dash of lemon juice............ which may be causing some bias.
Oh he was lying? sorry, I just skimmed through the posts before I set off for work

cabot

I had a long post planned but I'm so distraught, I'm just going to post the thinking points:

EzekelRAGE

- Still struggling to accept that a major mafia cock-up occurred in order to save Eze's skin. If he knew that only one could kill him, they must have known. Coupled with the odds of catching him in the first day, it's a lot of coincidence there to digest.
- When claiming he mentioned taking a look back at his day 1 posts to find clues of his. You're the one making the claim, buddy. Shouldn't you be showing your hints clearly to us, and not making us do the busywork?
- Suspicious of Mazre now because he suggested something like the 'Honeypot' having limited abilities with regards to night kill. So there's already this tremendously powerful town role, and the counter ability to it is severly gimped in its use? Another logic leap in addition to the two mentioned in my first point.
- This is the weakest of my theories, but it is still worth mentioning. Ouro said yesterday in the GAFia thread that he wanted Archer to be relatively basic as a Mafia game with the mission system being the only big difference. This Archer/Honeypot is pure role madness. It counters his point. Again, mildly weak basis, but something to consider, at least.

Seath

- This man is outrageous. Burn this man.
- I still think putting suspicion on the Visualante list is very odd because the reasons to vote him were solid. Squidy also pointed out something which I'm about to explain.
- I don't trust anything that's coming out this man's mouth currently, it's got more triple backstab plans than a season of Justified. It's sickening

Arkos

OHH ITS ROLECLAIM TIME, ARE YOU READY?!

The thing squidy was referring to was the following (on my end, I haven't found the reference in your posts yet)

I'll take you back to my very first post:

Hello, fellow office drones!

I’ve been buzzin’ about the office in anticipation of the mole hunt, because nothing gets my goat more than sniffing out and destroying some commy red KGB scum. I think our particular breed is a cheeky one, as I was printing out the latest numbers on exotic locations to ‘spy’ on, I heard Back in the USSR by the Beatles playing on the stereo. It’s like they want us to find them

There’s only so much one man can do on his own in the ISIS hive, but Queen M will always be casting her watchful eye on us to make sure we’re not just feeding Pam lots of donuts and watching her rim a ruler.

Frankly, I will kick off by saying I do believe in a first day lynch, and I will be casting my vote to do so. I will be aiming for men and lady who set off my nostril alarms. The worst kind of foul.

Since a bunch have already jumped the gun and volunteered to go on a mission, I'll hold back for a little while on that front. I’ve always wanted to go to France so I can take selfie stick photos at the Eiffel tower and make obscene stereotypical jokes that the French will find hilarious, because they are hilarious!

That’s about all I have to say for now, I’m going to make a cup of coffee and pee in Cyril’s drawer.

I've bolded the subtle (and hilarious) hints I dropped to signal to every other townie that I was also one. When I got the role PM, I thought Ordinary Drone was a pretty unique spin on villager, one that I could easily represent early on.

No one picked up on this shit after a couple of days, and I was disappointed. I then discover that Ouro has posted the flavour text in POST #2 that he has posted the exact Drone PM. 'Shucks' I say, the dream of my discreet role claim is dead.

Squidy, who was previously quite hot on me, then suddenly changes his tune and says he trusts me now, thanking ouro in the process. I Bring this up at the start of the day after D1 madness, he reiterated Ouro's involvement.

I then checked over Ouro's posts to see the clue he's talking about.

BOOM!

I find it.

I meant to do this before the game started, but I forgot :( sorry!

I posted an example role in post #2.

Ouro did not add the flavour text until a decent time after my first post. HUZZAH!

There is hope and now I have a solid proof that I am townie.

So there you have it, lads and ladette. A THIRD ROLE CLAIM OF THE DAY!!!!

Admittedly, it's not a power role, just an assured villager role. Unfortunately I have no alterior plans for world domination, just a guy who's been reduced to tears reading this horrible day, and has now contributed to its pain.

I hate you all.

cabot

You can also infer from this that I do trust squidy because he's the one that actually found this, and revealed it. I doubt I would have caught this at any point in future, I just assumed my first post was wasted and moved on.

Doesn't seem like a Mafia play to me

Do you think that the voting had not already been steered by mafia by that point? Was voting for GreatLord because he volunteered such a huge gotcha moment for town that the mafia couldn't have talked it off? Finding links between people is important but it's also Day #2 and this sounds trigger happy. I looked back at yesterday and Squidyj's logic for pushing for Visualante was sound and was obviously assisted by town looking at that high vote count.
I mean, you're right. It's hard to say right now, but I just do have that suspicion, even if it's tenuous without further information.

As for Ezekel, he basically played the "I am L" gambit, which makes sense to me. If KGB did try to assassinate him and failed, with the Doctor out of play already, it would be obvious to them that he would have some special power that's blocking them from killing him.

cabot

Mafia could have known what regulars were called as well

Why reveal that in the thread though, what's pro-Mafia about alerting me to this oversight?

You would find this, accept that I'm town and tell your mafia mates, not put it in the normal thread for me to pick up and use.

Darryl

Banned
Why reveal that in the thread though, what's pro-Mafia about alerting me to this oversight?

You would find this, accept that I'm town and tell your mafia mates, not put it in the normal thread for me to pick up and use.

No I'm saying it's reasonable for mafia to have figured this out and softclaimed a Townie at the start of the game (this being you). Not that I have feelings on that. It's just something that inevitably needs to be brought up.

cabot

So we're dealing with the most inconsistent group of Mafia ever known. One that makes a stupid mistake in trying to kill Ezekel with the wrong KGB person, but also one that masterminds a soft townie claim in one of the initial posts, which was completely ignored until a slip from the moderator was revealed.

Top Bottom