• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

Kevyt

Maybe ET needs to kill more cyborgs like Barry, Katya and Ray? All of them, probably?

And that's how he wins? Because killing just one seems unlikely.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would caution against putting too much stock into the flavor stuff. Clearly, Ourobolus set up role-links inspired by Archer characters, but using that to draw conclusions on the nature of the roles won't lead to anything productive.

Darryl

Banned
EzekelRAGE - claims to be Archer and is invincible to everyone but Honeypot. It's a bold claim. I would've doubted it if Seath didn't come forward as Conway (even if he's "taken it back"). Acts very towny.

El Topo - Honestly I think his claims are full of it. His role reveal wasn't a large revelation. It sounds like he planned some larger fake role claim, the cards didn't fall in place, so he had to come up with something. The roles in play are starting to get outlandish.

Septimus - You should be afraid of a day eviction. Very suspicious. Why get on a mission? KGB have role powers that activate after surviving a mission? Has another KGB infiltrated the missions?

Seath - I do believe Seath has to kill Archer. Suspicious, probably not worth an immediate eviction. I don't want this guy on the night missions. I'm gonna pretend he's a mercenary towny just waiting to fuck us.

Palmer_v1

My gut reaction is that El Topo is too dangerous to leave alive.

Worst case, he's actually Mafia and this is a ploy to stay alive while he continues to give the Night kills for his team. I firmly believe he tried to get on the mission yesterday so that he could kill someone since we were already on to him.

Even if he's telling the truth, he's more likely to hit town than Mafia if he still has a gun and will continue to be a distraction either way. Also, unless you're fairly certain you're onto a mafia, it's better we kill him instead of another townie.

I want to read through Roy's posts to see if there's any indication he was onto something from N1.

Everyone should start voting ASAP. Anyone who refuses to commit to a vote should be considered suspect. There's plenty of stuff to form an opinion on right now.

Vote: El Topo

Also, I didn't volunteer today initially, but now that my suspicions about El Topo have proven somewhat true, I'm concerned for my survival tonight, and would prefer to be on the mission once again.

Volunteer

I would appreciate assistance in this regard.

As for the night chat, it was much slower this time. Not a lot of point rehashing our general opinions of each other, but we did poke at ER's story a bit. He's remained consistent so far.

Dont like how Mazre seems to be more concerned about his survivability than of the Agency's win. What's up with that FIRST IN LINE in volunteering roll call for every daydayday~

Dont like Septimus

Seath is smelly. So's El Topo. Still doesnt understand why Seath suggested TWICE that we should take up El Topo's suggestion in D2. It was a vacuous suggestion to begin with.

Needs to hear STAT from possum and the newbie, kristoffer. IM CRANKY TODAY. I WANNA LYNCH SOME BADDIES.

graaaaaaaaaaaaar

Darryl

Banned
Dont like how Mazre seems to be more concerned about his survivability than of the Agency's win. What's up with that FIRST IN LINE in volunteering roll call for every daydayday~

Dont like Septimus

Seath is smelly. So's El Topo. Still doesnt understand why Seath suggested TWICE that we should take up El Topo's suggestion in D2. It was a vacuous suggestion to begin with.

Needs to hear STAT from possum and the newbie, kristoffer. IM CRANKY TODAY. I WANNA LYNCH SOME BADDIES.

graaaaaaaaaaaaar

It seems beneficial to town to force people to put themselves out there. Mazre is throwing himself under a lot of unnecessary suspicion. If he was really safe from night evictions (because he's mafia) I don't believe he'd be doing this.

It seems beneficial to town to force people to put themselves out there. Mazre is throwing himself under a lot of unnecessary suspicion. If he was really safe from night evictions (because he's mafia) I don't believe he'd be doing this.

Not saying its not logical, just dislike how it seems to be his PRIMARY focus. He hardly ever really post much, i mean he posty sometimes but WITHOUT FAIL he will be there right off the gate at every day's beginning. WHATS UP WITH THAT.

like......... im sideeyeing so hard right now

I DONT LIKE ANY OF YOU ANYMORE. except cabbeh. he's still pretty.

Hmmmm Palmer has not gotten any attention. Even I already gained Septimus' vote. Oh, lets see who hasn't gained ANY vote to date... the newbies and...... Palmer and Hobohodo and Arkos.

squidyj

Dont like Septimus

graaaaaaaaaaaaar

Yeah I'm out for blood today, sad we can only lynch one person :(

Palmer_v1

Not saying its not logical, just dislike how it seems to be his PRIMARY focus. He hardly ever really post much, i mean he posty sometimes but WITHOUT FAIL he will be there right off the gate at every day's beginning. WHATS UP WITH THAT.

like......... im sideeyeing so hard right now

I DONT LIKE ANY OF YOU ANYMORE. except cabbeh. he's still pretty.

Hmmmm Palmer has not gotten any attention. Even I already gained Septimus' vote. Oh, lets see who hasn't gained ANY vote to date... the newbies and...... Palmer and Hobohodo and Arkos.

Arkos has a sort of verifiable role claim in place. Hobo I'm not certain about, which means I'll likely pour through his posts later. For myself, dunno what to say. I try to play logically and consistently and I have a decent track record of producing results, i.e. El Topo.

Mazre is someone I will revisit once El Topo is out of the way.

Arkos has a sort of verifiable role claim in place. Hobo I'm not certain about, which means I'll likely pour through his posts later. For myself, dunno what to say. I try to play logically and consistently and I have a decent track record of producing results, i.e. El Topo.

Mazre is someone I will revisit once El Topo is out of the way.

Palmer, are you a hurt >:3

ARE YOU? BE HONEST, PALMER >:O

Yeah, Arkos is sort of cleared, like cabbeh. So I'm placing him in the Santa's good box for now. But the rest of you are in the naughty box. NO, IT IS NOT THE FUN BOX.

What do you think about Seath, Palmer?

squidyj

Palmer, are you a hurt >:3

ARE YOU? BE HONEST, PALMER >:O

Yeah, Arkos is sort of cleared, like cabbeh. So I'm placing him in the Santa's good box for now. But the rest of you are in the naughty box. NO, IT IS NOT THE FUN BOX.

What do you think about Seath, Palmer?

are we just not doing phrasing anymore?

are we just not doing phrasing anymore?

:>

i like u squidy~

OK here be my list:

I likey these people: squidy, cabbeh, arkos

Sort of like...... I guess: darryl, palmer (these two always together so far, n1 and 2 in missions, now out of missions).... (kinda cute idk), thegoddamn

Bunch of nobodies here: NAMES NAMES NAMES

Smellies: seath, el topo (even tho he has a mascara in his toolkit XD), septimus

Burbeting had his eyes on Seath before he was taken out, so thats where I'm leaning atm

Vote: Seath

cabot

Also, I didn't volunteer today initially, but now that my suspicions about El Topo have proven somewhat true, I'm concerned for my survival tonight, and would prefer to be on the mission once again.

Volunteer

I would appreciate assistance in this regard.

As for the night chat, it was much slower this time. Not a lot of point rehashing our general opinions of each other, but we did poke at ER's story a bit. He's remained consistent so far.

I'm willing to help you here, Palmer, but someone has claimed 5th spot, and you'll need to get them to drop it.

cabot

I'm very confused as to why Septimus is worried he's going to be killed, he's one of the most suspicious players currently, you don't kill those guys.

He wants on the mission now, does he believe his time is up and wants to get Eze before he's burned??

El Topo's reveal works in Septimus' favour, I'm with Palmer, nothing has been said to put my fears to rest. He's admitted to deceiving us, trying to kill a power role (and possibly delivering on N2) and he's being coy with his role when he apparently expected death.

If he has a kill ability and he's flaky on his target, I believe we have no choice. Also after all his shenanigans, I'm pretty sure I can't trust anything he says, which makes him useless to me.

squidyj

This is where I'm at. halfway through a bottle of wine

In mafia though.... there is nobody I like now who I didn't like before. I still read septimus as scum, I still read El Topo as scum, I still have a negative reaction to enker and cooljeanius, we've had so goddamn many replacements in this game so far it's beginning to become comical. I think hobohodo has been skating by and not really doing much of anything.

All that said and yet my instinctual reaction is that I want to cut Haly open and see if there's a smaller Haly inside of him like some sort of Matryoshka doll, which is a sure sign of russianness. I'm worried that there's mafia hiding in my blind spot and my reads are just weaker players making bad reads and failing to project town. Now clearly that's not the case with Topo and hey ho Topo's got to go but man, right now I really want to challenge some of my preconceptions about the game.

El Topo

I find it amusing that you guys screw up again and again, yet refuse to change your ways. Did you think I'd suddenly reveal to be the cop? Did you expect me to slip away or be a dick and ask for a replacement*? Kill me if you like, I have nothing to hide anymore and I am at your mercy, but it won't help you to lynch me.

At least give me the rest of the day to have some fun and maybe do something productive for once.

*I toyed with the idea actually, if only for the reaction, but it would've been a total dick move.

Darryl

Banned
You just put us in a bad situation. Where are your motivations? If your role depends on the death of a certain character by any means, what on earth are you doing? This game is about winning. You didn't need to reveal your hand. Now you're naked and we are idiots for not evicting you. You wanted to dick out of the game by calling for a replacement, yet we are to assume you won't blow your claimed free kill night for the fuck of it?

Well fuck me sideways, Darryl, I think we just got shipped.

LOL

This is where I'm at. halfway through a bottle of wine

In mafia though.... there is nobody I like now who I didn't like before. I still read septimus as scum, I still read El Topo as scum, I still have a negative reaction to enker and cooljeanius, we've had so goddamn many replacements in this game so far it's beginning to become comical. I think hobohodo has been skating by and not really doing much of anything.

All that said and yet my instinctual reaction is that I want to cut Haly open and see if there's a smaller Haly inside of him like some sort of Matryoshka doll, which is a sure sign of russianness. I'm worried that there's mafia hiding in my blind spot and my reads are just weaker players making bad reads and failing to project town. Now clearly that's not the case with Topo and hey ho Topo's got to go but man, right now I really want to challenge some of my preconceptions about the game.

It looks too cut & dry & the amount of players making horrible moves makes me unnerved.

El Topo

This game is about winning. You didn't need to reveal your hand.

This is where you're wrong. It's about having fun. It always has been for me, otherwise I would've sat in a corner and posted very little. That's an almost surefire way to get through the day at least. That said, you guys pushed me to reveal my hand by pressuring me yesterday, don't try to spin that now. I would've never thought about revealing anything to you guys if you hadn't suddenly piled up on me during the last day. I told you I would reveal everything before the last day ended and I did.

You have no one to blame this situation on but yourselves. That is exactly what happens when you just run around and decide to come up with theories against players based on nothing. I've said that again and again.

cabot

The only stupid thing we've done ourselves was lynching vinsualante.

Oh no, we pushed the big bad neutral role with a night kill into confessing. Excuse me while I go dry my fucking wet eyes.

Killing Zubz was a shame but he was reading as scum and he was just a drone in the end. Spoilers, a number of townies will die in a mafia game, it's a shame we don't have a margin of error on that since there aren't many of them. Oh, wait...

KGB/3P killed two power roles last night, two roles which were not forced to be revealed by us and in fact very little was done on our end to expose these two.

Sorry if I don't feel guilty about those.

Save your berating, you put yourself in this position because you were a sure fire lynch and it seems a pretty decent choice in the end.

This is where you're wrong. It's about having fun. It always has been for me, otherwise I would've sat in a corner and posted very little. That's an almost surefire way to get through the day at least. That said, you guys pushed me to reveal my hand by pressuring me yesterday, don't try to spin that now. I would've never thought about revealing anything to you guys if you hadn't suddenly piled up on me during the last day. I told you I would reveal everything before the last day ended and I did.

You have no one to blame this situation on but yourselves. That is exactly what happens when you just run around and decide to come up with theories against players based on nothing. I've said that again and again.

Phhhbbbbfffftttt

Other players have come under fire from almost everyone in play in previous and current other gafia games and still didn't have to resort to role claim. Not saying you weren't piled on, but to say all the blame rests with every other person but yourself is a pussy move.

>:C

Darryl

Banned

You could have come up with virtually any defense or counter-accusation your mind can dream up. You could have claimed anything as your role to further your agenda. Claim cop! Claim you found mafia (who knows, maybe you would have guessed right). Anything to make it yet another day, get through yet another town lynch, mafia lynch, use your kill move, whatever. Anything to increase the odds of you out lasting your claimed target. You didn't even try. Hell, you weren't even that hard on the wire yesterday. It was me and Zubz at the end. Odds are people would have softened on you anyways now that we have more info and you didn't even have to say anything to get that far.

Hobohodo

Nope. Also, Conway Stern is technically a cyborg by definition because of his robotic hand.

So can anyone recall where we are at in the whole Seath role claim saga? I was under the impression that he had claimed that everything he said was a load of nonsense so that he could pull his 'gotcha' on Squidy. But now he is still bringing up Conway (as well as other players also mentioning him as Conway). Suspicions about his alignment fine, I can easily see that Seath is a neutral party, but wasn't his last word on the roll claim that it was ALL a lie? Going to go back and check for myself but Day 2 kind of got away from me so if anyone remembers it saves me some time.

It sure must be nice to sit back and contribute nothing except when pressed. Let the fools squabble over EzekelRage's unfalsifiable claim, ElTopo's reveal which WAS pressured by certain aggressive players, and random behavioral descrepancies amongst our most active, pro-ISIS players*. Let them argue about who goes on missions. Mount a campaign against Seath who was just trying to get reads from people using unconventional, but admittedly well intentioned and thoughtful, mind games. Let them quibble, and all the while sit back and pipe in with vacuously helpful thoughts on the rare occasion, on safe subjects only, such as game mechanics and quiet players.

It sure must be nice, isn't it Halt?

*Really, a vote against YESnoNOnoYES? Of all people. You are anti-ISIS either because of KGB alignment or mental handicap and I can't decide which. Do us all a favor and just reverse your vote right now, or I will policy lynch you for the crime of refusing to think critically.

cabot

Your avatar was very much like my face when reading that post, I feel like I walked in half way through a conversation.

I guess you'll fit right in, Kristoffer.

Hobohodo

See that was a great introduction post to the thread, but the no edit rule has really screwed you over.

Also, as I thought Seath said it was all made up so I don't know why Conway is being brought up again.

EzekelRAGE's role claim is incredulous and worthless. "Invictus sum!" he shouts. Ah, so that explains why he doesn't disappear at night. Ah, so he must be town. What is even the point of such a claim? What did you think would come of that?

And people have simply had-it-up-to-here with El Topo's reveal. A character with a gun in a game centered around the hapless killing of innocent and guilty human beings. Why is that so unbelievable? Then again, why should anyone believe anything?

Have you all heard of Karl Popper?

Put El Topo on the mission. Put EzekelRAGE on the mission. Have El Topo shoot EzekelRAGE on the mission. If the latter is dead, we will know he was lying. If the former is dead, we will know his killer to the accuracy of three people out of twenty. If neither is dead, then either both are lying or both are telling the truth.

That is how you're supposed to use the missions.

cabot

See that was a great introduction post to the thread, but the no edit rule has really screwed you over.

Also, as I thought Seath said it was all made up so I don't know why Conway is being brought up again.

I currently view Seath as a third party role that has a specific win condition, but so far there's been little to make me think he's dangerous. If he gets on a mission with Ezekel I might start feeling worried. He didn't answer me when I asked why he voted Zubz in the end when his vote was essentially pointless and he didn't want to.

Feel like he's just stamping his feet on the ground and rolling around, much like an Archer flavoured Ashley Young.

THAT IS A FOOTBALL REFERENCE, NON-SPORT ENTHUSIASTS.

You know what?

I don't know what to think of Seath. I don't care that I don't know, either, because he is not playing anti-town. He is clearly playing his own game, and that is fine with me. One needs to lynch the most anti-town players, because that is the evidence we have available to us sans power roles. Some of us are still puzzling over Seath. Stop.

Only cavemen kill things when they are confused.

cabot

Put El Topo on the mission. Put EzekelRAGE on the mission. Have El Topo shoot EzekelRAGE on the mission. If the latter is dead, we will know he was lying. If the former is dead, we will know his killer to the accuracy of three people out of twenty. If neither is dead, then either both are lying or both are telling the truth.

That is how you're supposed to use the missions.

I don't see why Topo would be killed in this theoretical scenario?

Who would want him dead at night? If he's mafia, he won't be killed.

If he's neutral:

1) He's not going to be killed by mafia because he's a suspicious target and attracting attention, let the town lynch him.
2) There's a chance another person might have a goal to kill him, but is that person on the mission already?

Two points I thought of:

1) His target 'could' be KGB, but we only have Topo's word on that. If KGB have an investigator, they could have checked him last night. This may lead to a mafia kill on Topo, but I'd say it's unlikely.
2) Are you hinting at Ezekel having the ability to kill honeypot? Again possible, though Ezekel hasn't made any moves to get a certain person on the mission.

I also would like to reinforce how untrustworthy Topo is now, so telling him to do anything seems like a waste of time.

Darryl

Banned
Topo isn't playing to win. He's playing to "have fun". We can't trust him to act with reason. And it's frustrating because it is going to turn today into another waste of a day, which is getting quite exhausting in gafia.

El Topo

Topo isn't playing to win. He's playing to "have fun". We can't trust him to act with reason. And it's frustrating because it is going to turn today into another waste of a day, which is getting quite exhausting in gafia.

These things are not mutually exclusive, but fun is arguably most important to me. That said, this day doesn't have to go to waste.

I don't see why Topo would be killed in this theoretical scenario?
Because he has one-use abilities: kill, watch, and roleblock (if you think I'm wrong, you have never played mafia before. See Watcher and Prostitute). That's a hell of a role reveal.

You insist we can't trust him. Nobody wants a loose cannon except for mafia. Good! We all agree with that. So he either listens to us and does what we ask or I lynch him myself. His only hope of winning is playing pro-ISIS.

That's disingenuous and I find you suspicious because your negative playstyle and destructive criticisms only seek to confuse and anger. Raindoc'ing it is not going to fly here. So get with the program and suggest something.

Besides, the point of this plan is that we just agree on this right now so that we DON'T have to discuss it or them all day and get to lynching someone. Like Haly.

These things are not mutually exclusive, but fun is arguably most important to me. That said, this day doesn't have to go to waste.
You're right, it won't. Offer us something, Caty. Tell us what you're going to do with these big bad gadgets so that our interests will align and those Ruskis push daisies.

tumblr_mbhrb3KKKK1qjxyqao1_500_zpsf364d02e.gif

cabot

Quiet day today.

I'm open to unvolunteering.

That said, I don't intend to unvolunteer until those on the list below me have done so.

Other issues:
1. How do we determine who goes with Ezekel?
2. Is the supposed added protection to Ezekel worth the effective loss of the limited chat opportunity?

Can you clarify: did you mean the people in the priority group outside of the initial 4? Or did you mean the other mission volunteers below you?

cabot

Because he has one-use abilities: kill, watch, and roleblock (if you think I'm wrong, you have never played mafia before. See Watcher and Prostitute). That's a hell of a role reveal.

I haven't played forum mafia before, only a basic Werewolf in IRC. I've mentioned previously.

Also, Topo did not say he had roleblock, he said he believed he was blocked on N1

I assume, I wasn't given any specific information by Ouro, that someone blocked my role during the first night. I had planned to use my power on roytheone, but got no results and still had my gadgets, so that's the most reasonable explanation.

Darryl

Banned
That's disingenuous and I find you suspicious because your negative playstyle and destructive criticisms only seek to confuse and anger. Raindoc'ing it is not going to fly here. So get with the program and suggest something.

Are you daft? Can you read between the lines? I am suggesting something. I'm suggesting the only reasonable action right now is to lynch El Topo given his role reveal.

You're guilty of exactly what you're accusing me of, as well. I'm negative because I'm hunting scum and some idiot put our backs against the wall. Maybe you don't realize what he did, maybe you have different priorities(?). Don't come too hot out of the fucking gates buddy or you might let something slip.

Darryl

Banned

Incredible. You made this distinction to begin with. Now I can see why people found you suspicious day 1. Useless time wasting.

El Topo

Well, I'm willing to do whatever you guys want me to do, Kris. Having revealed everything, I have no choice but to follow your orders.

I would like to object to ending the day as quickly as possible (as Darryl seems to prefer) though. As with the second day of the Danganronpa game, even if you have made up your mind, I think there is plenty to discuss.

Top Bottom