• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

cabot

Kris has a theory? It seems he just doubts your role.

I've never been fully convinced by the role, and your behaviour still comes off as aloof and defensive more than anything else.

Basically I'm willing to hear arguments for and against putting your ability to the test now that we have a second night without a kill. I'm more than willing to unvolunteer if I am unconvinced, which I will make clear now since you're next in line.

cabot

I also think Kris is mildly insane and I feel like ever-so-slightly siding with him makes me also insane.

It's very complicated.

I've never been fully convinced by the role, and your behaviour still comes off as aloof and defensive more than anything else.

Basically I'm willing to hear arguments for and against putting your ability to the test now that we have a second night without a kill. I'm more than willing to unvolunteer if I am unconvinced, which I will make clear now since you're next in line.

Unless Kris' plan is foolproof, I would suggets that you unvolunteer to give the spot to ER since we know he can be target by HP only. If he does die in the mission we have an easier guess of who did it. In your case I do understand that you want to stay safe too but as a confirmed drone why would KGB target you if we have some power roles still alive (another close given the result of night 3)

cabot

Unless Kris' plan is foolproof, I would suggets that you unvolunteer to give the spot to ER since we know he can be target by HP only. If he does die in the mission we have an easier guess of who did it. In your case I do understand that you want to stay safe too but as a confirmed drone why would KGB target you if we have some power roles still alive (another close given the result of night 3)

I wasn't volunteering to save my own hide, though I think we're getting around the stage where I could be killed, it was in similar vein to D3 where I wanted a little bit more oversight than fastest first.

There's no rush in dropping this, Ezekel is in if I do it, so I'll have a think on this before I do anything.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Can anyone resume whats been happening in the missions? Especially the activity by Mazre? It's his 4th time volunteering.

Yeah I'm willing to question what is up with this. I would not be surprised if KGB were trying to hide somebody on missions nightly. Does anybody have a quick recap of each night's volunteers? I'm on mobile

It's Day 4 and the only leads we have are that Ezekel is not bulletproof and his posse includes Darryl.

But I have a plan.

What are everyone's thoughts? (No, that was the plan, to ask everyone to come up with a plan.)
Still on this I see still deflecting this?
Believe what you want. But why are you happy at the fact that you think I am not bulletproof?
Actually, Captain Bulletproof, I did.
I just want to rule out whether he's lying about bulletproof or not. That is the easiest way to tell if he is a liar. And lynching liars is the best policy any of us can adopt.
Why do I care if you're not bulletproof?

Because your role claim would be a lie.

Why do I care that your role claim is a lie?

Because you are gaining the trust of people by revealing information. Because you are directing the collective attention by illuminating a target for us. Because you are spreading FUD by inventing a role that was poorly imagined, unspecific, and highly convenient. Because it is that counterfeit Boogeyman that has given you an excuse for consistently trying to be on the missions. Because being on every mission when people are night killed at the agency gives you a reasonable alibi for being part of this agency ("How could I have been killing people? I was on the missions."). Because if there is another investigator, he has no way verifying your alignment while you are on the missions, unless he is also on the missions.

You being bulletproof is the pièce de résistance of this elaborate ruse. And you killed the only person that could possibly blow down your house of cards.

I'm trying to figure out what this means. What makes you think Ezekel is not bulletproof and what does Darryl have to do with it?
El Topo was going to be the polygraph, and Ezekel had a tantrum. The posts are there for everyone to see; it is not unreasonable to want to test Ezekel's claim when he makes one, but he acted as if I were trying to murder him. QuantumBro agrees with me in this regard. YESnoNOnoYES was open to testing him, at least. Other people were, too.

Does this not bother you, Haly?

Darryl's only contributions that entire day were to block me and to "fuck" my anti-town plans. Can someone say, "collusion"?

This hooker's pregnant and we lynched the only DNA test around.

I also think Kris is mildly insane and I feel like ever-so-slightly siding with him makes me also insane.

It's very complicated.
bf8J8WHXwKebK.gif

Nothing much other than giving reads on each other. Cabbeh for w/e reason Kris is obsessed with whether I'm BP or not. He doesnt really care about my Archer claim or alignment. He even admitted he thinks I am town, just not BP.

You also don't have to unvolunteer. We could just vote out Kris tbh. I'll check ur post on SP, but the way Kris has handled the whole situation and dodging questions about why he is happy at the thought of me not being BP sending off red flags for me.

Highlighting for dramatic emphasis
Why do I care that your role claim is a lie?

Because you are gaining the trust of people by revealing information. Because you are directing the collective attention by illuminating a target for us. Because you are spreading FUD by inventing a role that was poorly imagined, unspecific, and highly convenient. Because it is that counterfeit Boogeyman that has given you an excuse for consistently trying to be on the missions. Because being on every mission when people are night killed at the agency gives you a reasonable alibi for being part of this agency ("How could I have been killing people? I was on the missions."). Because if there is another investigator, he has no way \[of\] verifying your alignment while you are on the missions, unless he is also on the missions.

You being bulletproof is the pièce de résistance of this elaborate ruse. And you killed the only person that could possibly blow down your house of cards.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Suspicious yes, kris, but I would personally never make an assertion like that without very solid evidence backing it up, so I thought you got some PR information or something.

Mazre

Yeah I'm willing to question what is up with this. I would not be surprised if KGB were trying to hide somebody on missions nightly. Does anybody have a quick recap of each night's volunteers? I'm on mobile

I have the final ones but not the full vol/unvol activity.

N1:
Arkos
Darryl
Palmer_v1
Mazre

N2:
EzekelRage
Darryl
Palmer_v1
Mazre

N3:
EzekelRage
Palmer_v1
Mazre
Squidyj

What target am I illuminating? The Honeypot?, we havent really anytime on actively trying to find the HP.
Inventing what role? HP? Only way to prove it is with my death or finding the HP. You believed ET with his Cate Archer shenanigans, but there being a HP in this game is unbelievable?

Darryl

Banned
curious now why we didn't get a kill. Since Topo didn't take claim for one of the kills on the night we lost 2, I'm curious whether mafia can take 2 kills at once.

cabot

Nothing much other than giving reads on each other. Cabbeh for w/e reason Kris is obsessed with whether I'm BP or not. He doesnt really care about my Archer claim or alignment. He even admitted he thinks I am town, just not BP.

You also don't have to unvolunteer. We could just vote out Kris tbh. I'll check ur post on SP, but the way Kris has handled the whole situation and dodging questions about why he is happy at the thought of me not being BP sending off red flags for me.

Yeah Kris hasn't been free of red flags to be honest, ever since his impressively bold debut. I also feel like I'm doing the exact thing I did at the start of D3 where I initially thought this was an idea with some merit behind it, but after thinking a bit more I feel like it's mad.

Why do I keep repeating myself?!

Septimus has been all over the shop since the beginning and I feel he's scum. I'll go back through Kris' posts later and see if I can read anything.

In fact, I think you've drawn more attention to me/my role/HP than my initial role reveal did.
You did it last day phase and couldn't wait to start it this day phase. Last day phase you mentioned how you didn't want to waste time or was sorry for wasting time with a SK. You are the one that has been solely focused on me this whole time and when you admitted that you think I'm town.

Maybe this is the plan of the KGB, to derail conversation by hammering in on something that is really a non issue. Most of the day phase yesterday was devoted/wasted on you trying to prove your theory, leaving no real discussion on much else. This day phase it seems you want to do the same thing.

cabot

curious now why we didn't get a kill. Since Topo didn't take claim for one of the kills on the night we lost 2, I'm curious whether mafia can take 2 kills at once.

He initially claimed he didn't kill anyone in N2, but he refuted this in his (now honest looking) Robin Hood claim:

This is GAF after all.
My real role is Robin Hood, the Archer. No second life, no immunity. Three arrows, all have to kill their target for me to win. If that doesn't work, I have to survive until the end. I don't have to kill during the night.

First night I targeted roytheone, but nothing happened and I kept my arrow. The second night I targeted him again, this time successfully. I'm somewhat sorry about that roy, but then again you were the backup for the doctor, which kinda would have went against my role, so it was actually a bit lucky. Why roy? Nothing personal, seems like a wonderful guy. In all honesty, well...Palmer claimed I had forgotten about him. Also I didn't want to kill any new or inactive player and other reasonable targets were on a mission.

Darryl

Banned
Just about everything kris posts reeks of scum and it almost feels too stupid for someone to be making these mistakes.

Calling out Eze for fud? Kris is responsible for incredible amounts of fud related to roles and missions in general.

kris and gorlak reasons for volunteering?
I want us all, collectively, to decide who goes on the missions. I am going to unvolunteer if there is a strong consensus for me to do so.

What target am I illuminating? The Honeypot?, we havent really anytime on actively trying to find the HP.
Inventing what role? HP? Only way to prove it is with my death or finding the HP. You believed ET with his Cate Archer shenanigans, but there being a HP in this game is unbelievable?
Russell's Teapot would like to have a word with you.

Incorrect: it is hard to accept, which is not unbelievable. It is hard for me to accept that there is a role named "Honeypot" whose only ability is to be able to kill you. It is hard for me to just put you on the missions every time because you knocked on the door and started screaming "help, someone is trying to kill me." It is disingenuous to all of us.

squidyj

Okay, here's the thing, I don't think we're going to get a target today like El Topo was yesterday so I'm going to come out and say it.

I'm Lana Kane, I'm the cop, I checked Haly the night before last and he came up as mafia(KGB), which is why I made the posts I did about him yesterday and why I volunteered for the mission (I didn't want to die before I could reveal what I knew).

Topo admitted to killing roy. Roy was one of those killed. The other was killed by KGB. Nothing to see, here.

cabot

Incorrect: it is hard to accept, which is not unbelievable. It is hard for me to accept that there is a role named "Honeypot" whose only ability is to be able to kill you. It is hard for me to just put you on the missions every time because you knocked on the door and started screaming "help, someone is trying to kill me." It is disingenuous to all of us.

You mean you think the Honeypot can ONLY kill Archer and no one else?

I think the understanding was that HP would be a normal KGB (ie can kill anyone) but only this specific player could kill Archer, the other KGB cannot.

Okay, here's the thing, I don't think we're going to get a target today like El Topo was yesterday so I'm going to come out and say it.

I'm Lana Kane, I'm the cop, I checked Haly the night before last and he came up as mafia(KGB), which is why I made the posts I did about him yesterday and why I volunteered for the mission (I didn't want to die before I could reveal what I knew).
Woah! Role reveal!

What's your role title? Who else did you check and when?

Arkos

Where the hell is like, Burbeting? Is CompBros still in the game? I think I need a current player list with who the new players used to be noted beside it. Please tell me someone has this. I know I should have kept up with it but I haven't

cabot

Oh my!

I want us all, collectively, to decide who goes on the missions.
We already wasted like a day phase on this very subject.

It is hard for me to accept that there is a role named "Honeypot" whose only ability is to be able to kill you.
I don't believe I ever said that. I think I even mentioned they probably have a RB type of role and killing me is a side benefit. Again you are the one spreading the lies.

It is hard for me to just put you on the missions every time because you knocked on the door and started screaming "help, someone is trying to kill me."
That scenario didn't go anything like you are describing. I was already on a mission when I role claimed. So you are exaggerating the whole situation.

Again he wants to waste the ISIS' time by hammering out a way to decided who goes on missions knowing we will get nowhere.

Very interesting.

I'll buy that.

VOTE: Haly

cabot

Where the hell is like, Burbeting? Is CompBros still in the game? I think I need a current player list with who the new players used to be noted beside it. Please tell me someone has this. I know I should have kept up with it but I haven't

who is CompBros?

Burbeting is dead...

Arkos are you drunk!? are you Septimus in disguise?!

(updated player list is in the first post of the thread)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think I need a current player list with who the new players used to be noted beside it.
It's in the OP

A bold claim, and I suppose you plan to use the mission to keep yourself safe now that you've become a target?

I don't believe you'd expose yourself like this as a real cop. Not this early in the game.

Arkos

who is CompBros?

Burbeting is dead...

Arkos are you drunk!? are you Septimus in disguise?!

(updated player list is in the first post of the thread)

QuantumBros (I've been dealing with a computer shop this week, it's on my brain)

And are you not? ... are you not?

Thanks for the pointer that's all I needed, didn't know Ouro was keeping up with it.

squidyj

I regret checking palmer, I should have checked Mazre last night :( I was just so paranoid that palmer could have been playing me, playing us that I felt I had to do it.

squidyj

It's in the OP

A bold claim, and I suppose you plan to use the mission to keep yourself safe now that you've become a target?

I don't believe you'd expose yourself like this as a real cop. Not this early in the game.

I think we might have a doc to keep me alive, and even if we don't you mafia might not risk it, I hid for protection before I revealed but now I want to hunt scum, scum like you.

cabot

I checked
Burbeting n1, town
QuantumBro n2, town
Haly n3, Mafia
Palmer n4, town.

Seem like legit choices, I was going to question Burb on d1 because you were on me on d1, but then I remembered you changed your mind on d1, and I didn't question it until d2.

Palmer was more suspicious to you than Mazre/Darryl?

squidyj

N3, was last night. N4 hasn't even happened yet?

Hmmmmmm.............. I like that you were paying attention to that. but I'm not sure that it makes me read you as town. I never investigated qb, it was burbeting haly palmer. I got a little ahead of myself trying to make traps and this one was bad and I instantly regret it and I understand if nobody believes my claim now :(

squidyj

Seem like legit choices, I was going to question Burb on d1 because you were on me on d1, but then I remembered you changed your mind on d1, and I didn't question it until d2.

Palmer was more suspicious to you than Mazre/Darryl?

Darryl wasn't on the mission with us last night. I already mentioned that I realize now, after getting a town check on palmer, that I shouldn't have been so paranoid and should have investigated mazre instead.

cabot

p15984_d_v7_aa.jpg

alright, choosing Palmer over Mazre/Darryl was mildly suspect, the n4 slip up which I didn't even see was bad, and then revealing you lied about qb?

What good does that do?

squidy!!!

Top Bottom