• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core V |OT|

wwm0nkey

I have a team(lvl52) that I started with a friend back at launch. I could hand over to GAF if there is interest and no else does it first. Only my friend and me in the team.

You can keep leadership just make it password protected after you hit 10 people. Post the name and we should be able to get it in the OP.

1stStrike

Banned
Had some great games with everyone tonight. We did several conquest missions, including attacking and defending our territory a couple times. Each time we were invaded we whooped that ass and won. Did some free battles afterward and continued to whoop dat ass.

Everyone on the GAF team is really good, and enough people are using mics as to where we're able to communicate well. The ones that aren't using mics listen to what the others are saying and react accordingly, which is great.

Now, if only we could battle against 360-GAF. ;)

Teknoman

Team Mobius is available to any 360 gaffer who couldn't get into the 1st team.

Cool lets get that added to the OP so we dont go burning through your territory lol. Recommend you guys use some sort of logo that has a gaf symbol somewhere in it...or just post whatever symbol you guys make up here. As a matter of fact, it would be kind of cool if every team had its symbol posted in the OP...but i'm not sure how much extra space that might end up taking. That and I want to see how the Dreadnoughts team looks.

Also i'm surprised there hasnt been a Gurren team logo...or at least I havent run into one.

dai_gurren_brigade_by_grindd-d393pml.png

Cool lets get that added to the OP so we dont go burning through your territory lol. Recommend you guys use some sort of logo that has a gaf symbol somewhere in it...or just post whatever symbol you guys make up here. As a matter of fact, it would be kind of cool if every team had its symbol posted in the OP...but i'm not sure how much extra space that might end up taking. That and I want to see how the Dreadnoughts team looks.

Also i'm surprised there hasnt been a Gurren team logo...or at least I havent run into one.

No territory to be had!

1stStrike

Banned
Speaking of territory the online system would work much better with a "recommend" territory attack system.

The biggest problem we've had is finding other players to fight for territory. Sometimes it's instant, but most of the time we end up waiting like 10 - 15 minutes before a fight... so we just sit there and bullshit over voice chat or something. It would be nice if it just defaulted to AI or something after a while at least.

Giard

The biggest problem we've had is finding other players to fight for territory. Sometimes it's instant, but most of the time we end up waiting like 10 - 15 minutes before a fight... so we just sit there and bullshit over voice chat or something. It would be nice if it just defaulted to AI or something after a while at least.
Is that what happens during Conquest missions? Me and my friend have been waiting for a while now on the briefing screen.

Been playing for a few hours, grinding the first AC battle for cash to get better parts. Wasn't expecting much about this game after 4nswer but damn, I really dig this one. Hopefully I'll start contributing to the team soon and not suck too bad.

d0c_zaius

finally was able to get some games in, replace all my junk parts, feels good. nice to see the GAF 360 team stomping.

its there a regular time people are on? if not lets try to set one up. im good for evenings, 9-12 PST (unless I'm working OT).

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I own the game, but I haven't had time to play it yet. However, I've watched my brother play some missions and the framerate doesn't look playable to me (360). Is the framerate better during online battles?

Teknoman

I own the game, but I haven't had time to play it yet. However, I've watched my brother play some missions and the framerate doesn't look playable to me (360). Is the framerate better during online battles?

What missions was he playing...because I dont think i've ever seen it drop to unplayable levels, or even anywhere too far under what would make the game seem like it was slowing down. I've got the game installed, but doubt that would change anything aside from loading.

Foxix Von

I'm really starting to fall in love with this game. I haven't had been able to play as many conquest missions as I'd like but I did finally get around to making a proper emblem. I've seen some really crazy Japanese player emblems around but so far this should be serviceable haha. Also a large chunk of our mining sector appears to be... exploding. It looks bad but then again I have no idea what that means.

Teknoman

Whoa...someone made a Temjin head...thats crazy. I see what you mean now...especially at 00:39.

EDIT: The Zaku head looks like it was drawn and then imported...but I know thats impossible o_o. Some of these have to be for sell in buy emblem...but i'm not sure if thats what the option is for user made or just emblem pieces.

ibbWSd7ii9kx2A.png

Are the servers separate?

Team Mobius. Thanks for someone making a second GAF team! Can't wait to take down some conquest missions with you guys!

This is one of those games I had when I was still in school or something and had all the free time in the world haha.

Question though. In multiplayer matches is it possible to remain hidden from the recon markers you can throw down and then use scan mode? Is there something you can do or some part you can buy to keep that element of stealth for surprise attacks?

1stStrike

Banned
I'm really starting to fall in love with this game. I haven't had been able to play as many conquest missions as I'd like but I did finally get around to making a proper emblem. I've seen some really crazy Japanese player emblems around but so far this should be serviceable haha. Also a large chunk of our mining sector appears to be... exploding. It looks bad but then again I have no idea what that means.

That means our territory is being attacked and is low on AP. We need to do a conquest stronghold mission and win against other players to restore it.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I'm buying parts and they aren't in the assembly section. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Seemed to have figured it out.

Foxix Von

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I'm buying parts and they aren't in the assembly section. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Seemed to have figured it out.

Edit: I seem to have missed your edit.

Ah yeah that confused me a little bit too. Parts are kept in there by type. Just go to whatever you're trying to equip like an arm or a head and hit cirlce/B button. It should back you out of your currently equipped section, say medium legs, and allow you to select a list of other categories.

That means our territory is being attacked and is low on AP. We need to do a conquest stronghold mission and win against other players to restore it.

Ahhhh. Gotcha. Well that makes sense now hahaha.

wwm0nkey

Guys get a pair of USG-23/H Gatling Guns, a Sins of Anarchy guy almost fucked us up single handedly because of those things. They are very deadly and even if you are resistant to KE you are being hit my so much it doesnt even matter.

I have the ability to pick up the PS3 version but I see the team is full there. Is there a 2nd one there? I imagine its a bit easier to find a game on the PS3 if the servers aren't region locked?

Guys get a pair of USG-23/H Gatling Guns, a Sins of Anarchy guy almost fucked us up single handedly because of those things. They are very deadly and even if you are resistant to KE you are being hit my so much it doesnt even matter.

This is what I've been saying.

They get nerfed hard in a future patch... if we ever get it.

1stStrike

Banned

This is what I've been saying.

They get nerfed hard in a future patch... if we ever get it.

They're not that bad now. I dueled someone using them yesterday in a tank with my light weight and beat him. Of course, they do a lot of damage if you get too close, but really aren't hard to dodge.

I have the ability to pick up the PS3 version but I see the team is full there. Is there a 2nd one there? I imagine its a bit easier to find a game on the PS3 if the servers aren't region locked?

There's no second team yet, but feel free to make one and post it here as I'm sure there will be others coming after you.

There's no second team yet, but feel free to make one and post it here as I'm sure there will be others coming after you.

Yeah. I've never played AC before so I don't know if I want the responsibility of running a team. I was hoping to jump in with more veteran players to get a hang of it but then all the sudden the PS3 team filled up.

Snipers have been an even bigger problem for me. Stagger effects should be toned down for long range weapons and keep them as they are for handguns.

Snipers are meh at best at the moment. The DPS is simply too low with their reload times and you have to run a subcomputer most of the time to buff lock times.

If anyone's curious here are the notes for the latest JP patch, courtesy Niji from armoredcoreuniverse.net. Note severely nerfed KE shotguns, gattlings, and flash rockets.

=======
CORE
=======
- TE-RESIST TYPE
--- Increased EN conductivity.

=======
ARMS
=======
Adjusted stability ratings.

=======
LEGS
=======
- MW Bipedal
--- Reduced the decrease in performance due to load weight.
--- Improved the performance of boost drive.

- HW Bipedal
--- Improved the performance of boost drive.
--- Improved the increase in movement speed granted by HEAD stability.

- LW Reverse Joint
--- Reduced the EN consumption of jumping when the BOOSTER is on.

- HW Reverse Joint
--- Adjusted the decrease in performance due to load weight.
--- Degraded the performance of boost drive.

=======
GENERATOR
=======
Improved EN Output for all generators.

=======
ARM UNIT
=======
- HAND GUN
--- Increased attack power.
--- Reduced base lock-on time.
--- Increased optimal range.

- SHOTGUN
--- Decreased attack power.
--- Increased reload time.
--- Decreased accuracy.
--- Decreased benefits from reload affinity.

- GATLING GUN
--- Decreased falloff.

[Individual Adjustment]
- USG-23 GENEVA
- USG-23/H
--- Decreased optimal range.

- RIFLE
--- Reduced reload time.
--- Increased benefits from affinity tuning.

[Individual Adjustment]
- CALENDULA RF11
- TANSY RF12
--- Do not receive reload time changes.

- SNIPER RIFLE
--- Increased falloff.

[Individual Adjustment]
- USR-12 LAUREL

- HEAT HOWITZER
--- Adjusted attack power.

- BATTLE RIFLE

- PULSE GUN
--- Increased EN consumption.
--- Increased radius of AoE explosion.
--- Decreased damage of AoE explosion.
--- Decreased benefits from ARM stability.

- PULSE MACHINEGUN
--- Reduced EN consumption.

- PLASMA GUN
--- Reduced reload time.
--- Decreased ammunition.

- LASER RIFLE
--- Reduced charge-up time.

[Individual Adjustment]
- LR-81 KARASAWA
--- Does not receive charge-up time changes.

- LASER BLADE
--- Reduced EN consumption.

- AUTO CANNON

- RAIL CANNON

- SNIPER CANNON
--- Reduced the decrease in reticle mobility while kneeling.

- LASER CANNON

- HOWITZER
--- Decreased ammunition.

- PULSE CANNON
--- Increased EN consumption.
--- Decreased radius of AoE explosion.

=======
SHOULDER UNIT
=======
- FLASH ROCKET
-- Decreased duration.

1stStrike

Banned
Yeah. I've never played AC before so I don't know if I want the responsibility of running a team. I was hoping to jump in with more veteran players to get a hang of it but then all the sudden the PS3 team filled up.

I was a newb on day 1 too and I made Dreadnoughts because nobody else had. Learned the way of things by playing the game, and haven't had any issues handling things on the team.

There was only like 4 of us for a couple days too.

Ken

That's good :p

You rolling with the gattiling guns or still pile driving people?

Pile driving.

Was in a battle royale with a guy using laser rifles. Brought me down to red health and him at mostly full. At the last moment I boosted into him with a pile driver and we both went down and the third guy won.

Told me that all I did was run. Lol. Don't care too much about competitive AC so I thought it was funny that he would get upset about it. :p

Top Bottom