• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core V |OT|

Teknoman

The banners are awesome. Haha.

ibsW1TbvDVaMPw.png

Teknoman

Any news on that second xbox group? This may or may not influence my purchase of this game :)

Its called Mobius, but not sure if the leader is going to rename it to be something GAF related, or just add GAF to the name in some form. The level 52 group.

Ok, I see 2 mobius teams

Mobius Company (lvl 2)

and

Mobius (lvl 52)

which is it?

This. (Edit: answered above by Teknoman)

Finally ditched all my junk parts! =D So much to learn about this game but I'm absolutely loving it and can't wait to play more when Im not!

I also found a sort of overview on the operator role, which hopefully will help me some when I decide to do it for the first time.

1stStrike

Banned
yo ho

Finally got this game shipped. For PS3.

Coolio. I'll be watching the PS3 group to see who doesn't sign on during a regular basis. If we have some people that only sign on once a week or not at all, then I'll boot them from the team to make room for other gaffers.

We had 10 people online tonight and did some more conquest missions. We took territory in all but 2 places, which we couldn't get a battle in for the life of us. If we get territory in them we'll have territory captured in every area and will get the Overlord trophy :|

Otherwise, did a bunch of mock battles. It looks like some of the guys have made AC's that are strong against my light weight, so I was eating dirt quite a bit tonight. Also, energy shotguns are bullshit :p Does so much god damn damage lol.

Good times overall, though.

wwm0nkey

Guys do a lot of defense mission on territory with full AP. it raises the value. We now have a D area worth 3k because of defense missions.

hteng

Banned
i believe the patch is already in place for the US gamers, since it was released way before the US version of the game's release.

One way to know is check your shotguns, none of them has a reload time of less than 100. Before patch there were a few with 60-70 reload times.

1stStrike

Banned
i believe the patch is already in place for the US gamers, since it was released way before the US version of the game's release.

One way to know is check your shotguns, none of them has a reload time of less than 100. Before patch there were a few with 60-70 reload times.

Ahh, yeah. That's good then. They won't be further nerfing my shotgun AC of death.

hteng

Banned
Whoa wait...shotguns were even more powerful before? Insane.

yea. i distinctly remember the double barrel looking shotgun (KE: 768, ammo 35, reload 70ish) was the best shotgun in the game before patch. The low reload time is what makes it powerful, when you grind it to KE 900ish it's even more powerful.

1stStrike

Banned
Dreadnoughts has 1 free slot for any PS3-gaffer that wants in. I have it set to manual approval for now, so if you apply just let me know here so I know it's a gaffer and can approve you.

Oh, and some schmucks were attacking our territory in Huge Canyon. I went in there by myself and beat both of them solo. Was pretty funny.

The last guy was giving me a little bit of trouble as he had some heavier weapons, but I got a really nice kick boost in the end and went way over top of his head. He couldn't see me and I just pummeled him from above while he sat there pretty much stationary looking for me.

Must've been either a brand new or really small team, as their team level was only 79 while ours is 217.

Defunkled

Dreadnoughts has 1 free slot for any PS3-gaffer that wants in. I have it set to manual approval for now, so if you apply just let me know here so I know it's a gaffer and can approve you.

Oh, and some schmucks were attacking our territory in Huge Canyon. I went in there by myself and beat both of them solo. Was pretty funny.

The last guy was giving me a little bit of trouble as he had some heavier weapons, but I got a really nice kick boost in the end and went way over top of his head. He couldn't see me and I just pummeled him from above while he sat there pretty much stationary looking for me.

Must've been either a brand new or really small team, as their team level was only 79 while ours is 217.

You make this game sound so damn cool. I am THIS close to taking the plunge. I haven't purchased an Armored Core game since the PlayStation original.

Sorry about the lame matches tonight guys, still learning the ropes here. Gotta practice wall boosting and scan mode energy milking some more.

I should take pictures of the Cap'n America mech I made, it turned out to be surprisingly decent for a first attempt.

kerrak

The game hits retail on 30th here in Spain. Picking it day 1. I'd like to get that last slot on gaf...
Is it useful/harmful for a team to have people from different time zones?

thundr51

This. (Edit: answered above by Teknoman)

Finally ditched all my junk parts! =D So much to learn about this game but I'm absolutely loving it and can't wait to play more when Im not!

I also found a sort of overview on the operator role, which hopefully will help me some when I decide to do it for the first time.
Thanks. Joined the group and immediately got like 4 cheevos lol. I spent about 10 minutes doing an order and the first mission, forgot how much fun this game was...graphics make me want a PC port. Anyway, any suggestions on a first build so I'm not too useless in a fight? Need to grind for some cash tonight.

1stStrike

Banned
You make this game sound so damn cool. I am THIS close to taking the plunge. I haven't purchased an Armored Core game since the PlayStation original.

It really is that fun. The mechs feel fantastic, and the battles between players can be really epic. There's nothing more satisfying than getting that perfect boost, soaring over your opponents head, cutting off your boost and doing a 180 in midair, then putting double shotguns in their back. :)

Got this for PS3.

My PSN is Q_Car

Couldn't get into Dreadnoughts, so started a team called Angry Boys.

I've set Dreadnoughts to require manual approval, so if someone applies to it I'll have to manually accept them. This way I can be sure it's actually a gaffer that I let in.

Riposte

Coolio. I'll be watching the PS3 group to see who doesn't sign on during a regular basis. If we have some people that only sign on once a week or not at all, then I'll boot them from the team to make room for other gaffers.

We had 10 people online tonight and did some more conquest missions. We took territory in all but 2 places, which we couldn't get a battle in for the life of us. If we get territory in them we'll have territory captured in every area and will get the Overlord trophy :|

Otherwise, did a bunch of mock battles. It looks like some of the guys have made AC's that are strong against my light weight, so I was eating dirt quite a bit tonight. Also, energy shotguns are bullshit :p Does so much god damn damage lol.

Good times overall, though.

The game is arriving between April 3 and April 18th LOL

Teknoman

Is GAF 360 still full?

The second team isnt.

It really is. Once you get used to the controls/gameplay mechanics (I guess you want to stay in scan mode whenever you arent attacking) as well as get used to what type of AC you want to pilot, you're team will be pulling off all sorts of mecha show tactics.

Havent seen ultimate weapons in actions yet.

1stStrike

Banned
Okay, Dreadnoughts has been set to password only so you guys should be able to join with the password (there's still only 1 slot open). The Dreadnoughts password is: 1218

Some jack holes took one of our territories while I was at work, so I logged in during my lunch break and we recaptured that shit. Nobody takes our territory and gets away with it.

*gangsta sign*

1stStrike

Banned
We're back to being full on the PS3 side. Looks like another gaffer joined.

There's a couple people that haven't signed on in a few days that are going to get the boot on Friday though if they don't show any signs of life.

There's a couple people that haven't signed on in a few days that are going to get the boot on Friday though if they don't show any signs of life.
That was me. Finally picked it up today. It looks like I'm 07. PSN is Airborne-506

Verelios

Hey, I'm getting this tommorow and I was just wondering if there were any PS3 teams on GAF that are kind of casual.

I don't have alot of time to play. =/

Leunam

Buddy of mine got me Mass Effect 2 for my birthday so I've been playing that, but I have been itching to get back into an AC.

wwm0nkey

Can we get one more person on for the first 360 team? We have 3 people on right now.

Also if some of you do not plan on playing anymore please notify me.

wwm0nkey

:IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THE RAVENS_GAF SQUAD!:

Due to the lack of people getting on I will be kicking people out to see who will rejoin so we can have people on who actually play. Those who I am aware of that play daily will NOT be kicked. If you end up getting kicked just re-join, we need to do this to free up room for people who want to play and clear those who are not playing.

Remember the Password is N73E

If some of you feel burnt on this, don't. A lot of us feel like it is a must to keep the group alive and healthy and you can easily rejoin.

1stStrike

Banned
Hey, I'm getting this tommorow and I was just wondering if there were any PS3 teams on GAF that are kind of casual.

I don't have alot of time to play. =/

We aren't exactly hardcore. If you try to play this game like an MMO, 8 hours a day, you'll probably get burnt out pretty quick anyway (at least I would). I want people in the team that will be on at least a few days a week, as with a limited amount of slots it's kind of a waste to have people on the team that only sign on once or twice a week.

There's a GAF team that's run by AdmiralSnakBar, but not certain if they have any specific requirements or if there's space for anyone else to join at this point. The team name is Marauder Shields.

Man... Did we ever get wrecked in that 3 on 1 just now.

3 on 1?

Foxix Von

We tried running a defense mission with a few people. The guy we ended up against played smart was packing some heavy hitting TE weapons, which I don't think any of us were built for. I was staggered most of the time fighting with him. I tried to flank him as I figured he'd focus on my team mates he was currently engaged with but he ended up singling me out and we ended up fighting over a river which was basically instant death as I had accidentally drawn him further away from the rest of the team.

One guy had his controller die on him and then the last man standing couldn't land a hit. He wasn't particularly fast but he must have been using chaff or something, he was basically untouchable. In retrospect we really should have played more defensively. I think we got kind of cocksure and just ran out on a hunt and paid for it when he started really using the terrain to his advantage.

1stStrike

Banned
We tried running a defense mission with a few people. The guy we ended up against played smart was packing some heavy hitting TE weapons, which I don't think any of us were built for. I was staggered most of the time fighting with him. I tried to flank him as I figured he'd focus on my team mates he was currently engaged with but he ended up singling me out and we ended up fighter over a river which was basically instant death as I had accidentally drawn him further away from the rest of the team.

One guy had his controller die on him and then the last man standing couldn't land a hit. He wasn't particularly fast but he must have been using chaff or something, he was basically untouchable. In retrospect we really should have played more defensively. I think we got kind of cocksure and just ran out on a hunt and paid for it when he started really using the terrain to his advantage.

o_0

I was sleeping, otherwise I'd have fucked him up. Chaff makes it more difficult to lock on, but not impossible.

Are scrap parts obtained from Story missions even worth it? The ones I got are pretty damn awful and I don't wanna waste my time on getting them if they're not even viable.

d0c_zaius

Wow, that destructoid review is horrible.

"Here is the absolute worst part of all of ACV: After a match, the game forces you to send a message to the other players. I'm all for ridiculing these jerks, except all the messages are positive! "SUPERB JORB!!!"

really? THATs the absolute worst thing? fuck outta here with this nonsense.

Also I have yet to experience this or maybe I just skip it.

Top Bottom