• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core V |OT|

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me why you prefer the Seidenbaum over the USR-12/V? I thought the latter would be better because of the muzzle velocity and impact force. Reload time is kinda bad though.

I use Seidenbaum over the /V for several reasons... the extra attack power never hurts in the end. A fully spec'ed specialized for power the Seidenbaum can end with 100 more attack power which can be around 200 damage per rifle... that's about half of a thousand AP and sometimes that can make the difference. The reload rate is definitely another reason... as I fully spec for extreme power I lose a lot of reload rate and if I were to do that on the /V I would have to spend a lot of time in scan mode between shots. The optimal range also works better for my FCS with the Seidenbaums. Mixing Fuxi head with the Predire FCS gives me about 400-ish range and that ensures my Seidenbaums are always dealing optimal damage. The ammo also helps. I typically build ACs that are useful all around in various gametypes... TDM, Battle Royal, and 1v1s. And in the case of Battle Royals, that extra ammo is a winner. And then the main factors are the weight and drain. Weight is important for a LW so that extra 60 weight per SR is killer. And the extra EN drain is always helpful for movement.

The only drawbacks are the muzzle velocity and impact. I don't build my AC around the stun so that takes a back seat. The muzzle velocity is important, but it would be even more important in a LW dominated metagame. Most ACs running around on the 360 right now are heavy RJs so the muzzle velocity won't play a huge role quite yet. The lock speed also hurts a bit as well. If the metagame shifts more towards LWs soon then the /V would definitely be a better choice to outplay similar setups. The extra impact, muzzle velocity, and lock speed will give you that little more oomph against other LW snipers.

Riposte

What's the deal with the PS3 group?

I feel like I'm wasting progress on my single-member team. Actually, I don't know if I'm actually wasting anything lol, does me doing single player missions help teams?

I feel like I'm wasting progress on my single-member team. Actually, I don't know if I'm actually wasting anything lol, does me doing single player missions help teams?

Yeah you slowly add points towards the team's level, which does absolutely nothing past 50.

purg3

slept with Malkin
What's up with the 360 team? I haven't seen anybody the last three nights or so.

not sure, didn't seem like there were many people on during the weekend when I was on too. Usually don't get to play much during the week due to work.

Giard

Another question for you GodlyPerfection.

I see you've taken the FCS Predire over the Lr Uzume. Is it because of the Lock-On Size, or is it just because the Lock-On Range is overkill on the Uzume?

1stStrike

Banned

I haven't logged into AC5 in 3 days, so not sure. I'm already bored with the game due to the tiny online community and trying to find regular Free Battle matches. The conquest system is currently a massive waste of time, so I've been playing other games and catching up on Netflix. I might pop on now and then for some Free Battles but that's about it.

Another question for you GodlyPerfection.

I see you've taken the FCS Predire over the Lr Uzume. Is it because of the Lock-On Size, or is it just because the Lock-On Range is overkill on the Uzume?

Yes the biggest decider was the reticle size. I do like the flexibility that I may have to play closer range some times and that closer range is helped with that reticle size. Especially when I know my opponents are going to force me into closer range. So being able to handle those situations is very important. The range does feel a bit overkill as well when you are playing on the 1v1 versions of the maps. In a team game that 500 lock would be great, but in a 1v1 smaller version of the map 350 + your head is enough for almost all of the maps with few exceptions.

Giard

Yes the biggest decider was the reticle size. I do like the flexibility that I may have to play closer range some times and that closer range is helped with that reticle size. Especially when I know my opponents are going to force me into closer range. So being able to handle those situations is very important. The range does feel a bit overkill as well when you are playing on the 1v1 versions of the maps. In a team game that 500 lock would be great, but in a 1v1 smaller version of the map 350 + your head is enough for almost all of the maps with few exceptions.

Thanks for your help, it is very appreciated.
I tried playing a couple of Free Battles with the AC, I fared well in maps with huge buildings. In wide open areas though, I had difficulty. I think it's because it's harder to gain an aerial advantage.

Gonna try practicing with it a little more.

1stStrike

Banned
Thanks for your help, it is very appreciated.
I tried playing a couple of Free Battles with the AC, I fared well in maps with huge buildings. In wide open areas though, I had difficulty. I think it's because it's harder to gain an aerial advantage.

Gonna try practicing with it a little more.

I usually just hide on the outskirts of the battle and wait for them to engage in a fight, then swoop in. I'm also "that guy" who waits for everyone in Battle Royale matches to start fighting, sits on the outskirts scanning everyone, and then goes in and picks them off one by one.

I won a lot of matches that way, lame as it is :p

I just cleared all the story and order missions and I'm extremely disappointed with this game. I've been a fan of the series since part 1 and liked most of the sequels but this...
The order missions are basically just the same 3 missions over and over again (and they were way too easy) and there's a glaring lack of parts in this game compared to its predecessors. I like how it performs and how it plays but the lack of variety and parts makes me not wanna play it anymore.

God I hate it when a series I love leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Giard

I just cleared all the story and order missions and I'm extremely disappointed with this game. I've been a fan of the series since part 1 and liked most of the sequels but this...
The order missions are basically just the same 3 missions over and over again (and they were way too easy) and there's a glaring lack of parts in this game compared to its predecessors. I like how it performs and how it plays but the lack of variety and parts makes me not wanna play it anymore.

God I hate it when a series I love leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Have you only played single player?

Also, I'm not really getting the lack of parts complaints. What was the number of parts in 4A compared to V? I feel there's enough parts... about 10 weapons of each type, about 15 types of arms/cores/heads I think, perhaps close to 30 leg parts?

edit: Found the number of parts.
ACV:
Head 24
Core 23
Arms 27
Legs 47
FCS 12
Generator 12
Booster 10
Recon Unit 9
Arm Unit 153
Shoulder Unit 65
Overed Weapon X

AC4A:
Head 21
Core 16
Arms 28
Legs 31
FCS 13
Generator 14
Main Booster 14
Back Booster 9
Side Booster 12
Over Booster 14
Arm Unit 69
Back Unit 62
Extension 21
Stabilizers 137

Well there's no more back/side/over boosters... they've put extension units with shoulder units and stabilizers are gone. There's more "main" parts in ACV and they added recon units.

GamesRadar put out a fairly comprehensive beginners guide that should be helpful for you new guys.

http://www.gamesradar.com/armored-core-v-beginners-guide/

This is an excellent guide. I wish had been around when I started last week.

Overall as a newcomer I'm fairly happy with ACV. I'm a little disappointed as the repetitive nature and length of the order missions, as well as the story missions not making any sense to a newcomer.

I really like the feel of the combat though.

Defunkled

Hey I just got the PS3 version and I enlisted in the Dreadnoughts. My PSN name is Defunkled. Hope to have some fun with you guys!

Riposte

Hey I just got the PS3 version and I enlisted in the Dreadnoughts. My PSN name is Defunkled. Hope to have some fun with you guys!

Cool, I try to join you shortly.

Going to kill off Kid Icarus tonight and make ACV my game for the next week.

orion434

I want to ask a question about Preformance:

I've experimented with 2 Identical Weapons "Specified for Power" on the same Arm and in the end they had slightly different stats. What exactly determines the Final Preformance stats ( When Preformance bar is Green and Maxed )

I want to ask a question about Preformance:

I've experimented with 2 Identical Weapons "Specified for Power" on the same Arm and in the end they had slightly different stats. What exactly determines the Final Preformance stats ( When Preformance bar is Green and Maxed )

When a weapon is created a random interval is selected for each stat that is to be modified. The weapon stats level up at this constant interval per box.

orion434

When a weapon is created a random interval is selected for each stat that is to be modified. The weapon stats level up at this constant interval per box.

Wow Random? Are the stats bounded? For example if I have 1004 KE Damage will the Optimal Range always be 87 or are they independantly random? Usually 3 statistics are variable and there are 6 "Styles" It can be a long time beofre you create one with MAX Stats.

Teknoman

Just logged on after finally getting new internet service and we lost all but one of our territories :(

Ravens_GAF

We have fought you guys before, not sure if you were in that squad that we went up against though.....needless to say we get destroyed.

Yeah obliterated.

Just logged on after finally getting new internet service and we lost all but one of our territories :(

Yeah, we weren't defending and they started falling fast yesterday. I wasn't sure would I could do to prevent it just by myself.

After the "season reset" and a few teams said they were calling it quits with "Conquest" I think some teams were incentivized to grab territories. Of course, even having read some things about it, the conquest system just confuses me.

I like what Irrelephancy is doing with playing scheduled team free battles instead of conquest. I didn't get in on it yesterday but wanted to.

Teknoman

Yeah, we weren't defending and they started falling fast yesterday. I wasn't sure would I could do to prevent it just by myself.

After the "season reset" and a few teams said they were calling it quits with "Conquest" I think some teams were incentivized to grab territories. Of course, even having read some things about it, the conquest system just confuses me.

I like what Irrelephancy is doing with playing scheduled team free battles instead of conquest. I didn't get in on it yesterday but wanted to.

Well at least we know we're on the same side now, so having one side of the map Irrelephancy and the other side Ravens GAF wouldnt be a bad thing at all. Totally forgot about the conquest reset though.

Riposte

Hmmm, I tried a build with double pistols to focus on stagger. Used those three-shot ones. Yeah, that didn't end well at all.

glaurung

OK, my ban time is finally up and now I feel like getting to the GAF ACV team.

What's the team on PS3 and how do I join it? I've been blasting alone with team Nilfheim for a long time.

Man I really wanted this game (PS3), but now I can't get and it looks like my window or opportunity is gone.

No chance that people will be online 6 months down the road now is there?

Riposte

Thanks, I've been watching them.

I skimmed through your site, but maybe you could direct me to a list of popular builds? I want a solid template to choose from since I am not sure what I'm going to focus on.

casabolg

Banned
For a few weeks now I've been in the 4chan /v/ group, Manly Tears. Unlike MGO, though, they're hardly on and constantly trying to find a team that will do them well.
Well, I've decided to shove off from the group. Gathering 3-4 million more monies so I can finish buying all the stuff they have that prove useful (It's a level 327 team) and continuing on my own.

Which territory do you think gets the least attention? I need to start taking territories on my own but I can't expect to do it in some bustling place like the abandoned facility.

Riposte

Someone turned the PS3 GAF emblem into a cumming penis with the words "Cum get some". Hilarious, I know, but I don't want to get in trouble over it... so I changed it to one of the nametag icons for now. I'll probably go back and change it to the letter "GAF" after I post this. If the person who made the NeoGAF emblem could change it back to that, that would be cool. Also wouldn't mind being sent that emblem.

If I'm reading the menu right the guy who did it was someone named Weiss /guiltyyg or something. Don't know what his problem is.

The NineBreakers are really sweeping up the Conquest map. It would seem Conquest is boring to play? I want to give it a shot.

Atenhaus

I just picked it up from the store and it's currently installing on my PS3. How's the community on the PS3 side of the house? I'd love to play with you guys.

Top Bottom