• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMORED CORE VI: FIRES OF RUBICON |OT| Souls in the Shell

Lokaum D+

yeey i beat the first boss. actually wasn't that difficult! that left analog boost attack really made the difference. not sure why i didn't pick up on that at first lol. now i'm overwhelmed at how to customise the mech. i got some parts so equipped them. the lock on target seems weird. maybe i'm expecting the camera to turn to keep the target in view at all times but i need to manually do that. once i can see the target then it snaps back on.

initial impression of combat is very good! reminds me of bloodborne. will play more tomorrow.
Go Crazy Wtf GIF

yeah, lets make the first boss near impossible to kill if u never played a AC game, even Margit was a fair fight compared to this bs.

@Auto_aim1
Yeah, lets get into AC and watch boss guide at the first boss, great idea :messenger_ok:
i've never played an AC game before but i wouldn't say it felt near impossible. i didn't pay close attention to the tutorial prompts so made it harder than it should be. the key to winning is left analog boosting up to the helicopter and slashing away at it. you dont want to try stay in the air for too long so you can let regen boost. use the structures for cover.

Disclaimer that I'm not miles in but have killed a few bosses. It's definitely a different type of hard than Sekiro. You can completely fuck up here and still be ok. It's s obviously not an easy game and already I'm finding the need to be constantly vigilant and always moving around but it's still much more forgiving of mistakes than some games people traditionally think of as hard.

If people were put off with needing perfect timing on Sekiro you won't need that here but on the other hand it's much faster paced and you need really good spatial awareness. You can't stop concentrating or you'll get obliterated.

SJRB

Gold Member
yeah, lets make the first boss near impossible to kill if u never played a AC game, even Margit was a fair fight compared to this bs.

@Auto_aim1
Yeah, lets get into AC and watch boss guide at the first boss, great idea :messenger_ok:

It's hilarious that they give several training simulations after the first boss.

They showed several things that made me go

american-psycho-willem-dafoe.gif

(you can combo the laser sword, for example. Or charge it for extra damage. I had no idea)

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Curious if anyone has tested the chips enough today to spread some light on them.

I really want to know if the manual aim is worth using. Is it a damage boost I assume ? How much of a boost ? Do you need to then aim at specific parts for optimal damage or is it just hey if you hit in manual you do 5% more overall ?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What!? It took me 3 tries to beat it, near impossible? Are you fucking kidding me?

The first boss is vey weak to melee attacks.

killatopak

First boss is easy actually. I had more trouble with that tank mini boss on the chopper mission.

Anyone know the exact requirements for S rank? I can't seem to get S on mission 1 and that chopper mission. I only get A rank.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
First boss is easy actually. I had more trouble with that tank mini boss on the chopper mission.

Anyone know the exact requirements for S rank? I can't seem to get S on mission 1 and that chopper mission. I only get A rank.
I will try for the S rank once I get better parts.

killatopak

Anyone know how to download/upload paint schemes and decals? I'm rocking a Banshee Norn color scheme but I can't help but think I did a shitty job. Would love to see everbody else' AC look.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Replayed the first mission. Really enjoying the loop of this now, it’s like returnal on steroids, I like it a lot. Beat the boss first time but only from checkpoint as I had one repair pack left.

D Rank, S ranks are going to be a nightmare to get.

Anyone know how to download/upload paint schemes and decals? I'm rocking a Banshee Norn color scheme but I can't help but think I did a shitty job. Would love to see everbody else' AC look.
Not entirely sure on decals but for whole AC look to upload you go to AC Design - AC data - hit the plus to add new save - hit that slot again and the last option will be upload and it will give your code. here's mine at 8 missions in

Last edited:

GymWolf

yeey i beat the first boss. actually wasn't that difficult! that left analog boost attack really made the difference. not sure why i didn't pick up on that at first lol. now i'm overwhelmed at how to customise the mech. i got some parts so equipped them. the lock on target seems weird. maybe i'm expecting the camera to turn to keep the target in view at all times but i need to manually do that. once i can see the target then it snaps back on.

initial impression of combat is very good! reminds me of bloodborne. will play more tomorrow.
Yeah the lock on take a bit to master.

Yamisan

Came yesterday from Amazon. Spent a hour on the first boss before giving up for a night. Seemed impossible but I was drunk.

Decals is similar, Ac design - image editor - press F on a saved decal - upload

Edit: Very simple moon/sun/note combo 1FMDEKBVVWAK

Last edited:

killatopak

Seems a lot of people are really having trouble with first boss. In my experience, the easiest thing to do is just take consistent potshots on it so the stagger meter doesn't decay. Definitely make sure to hit your missiles and if the boss goes over your head, do a melee attack as both do huge stagger increase. It's just keeping safe until you fill up the stagger meter. Hide behind cover if your boost is empty.

Thr only wildcard here is the boss getting staggered outside the mission area as the biggest damage you can deal at that point is the melee attack.

If you can't hide behind cover, hide under the boss. Just be sure to keep moving as standing still is a sure way to get yourself staggered.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I need to git gud Sir "the game is easy cause i killed the boss first try" sorry to be bad at your game
use the assault boost, launch missiles and shoot as you're boosting, and then once you're close enough, use melee. Rinse and repeat until it's dead. If it moves outside the arena, pull back and hide behind buildings until it re-enters the arena, then engage again.

bender

What time is it?
The game is just fun. Controls are tight. Nice variety in objectives in the various missions. I just finished the first mission with ally partners and my instincts went from being careful and methodical to trying to rack up more kills than these new found allies. I can't wait to dive more into the mech crafting.

mortal

Gold Member
Piloting ACs feels so fun, even makes traversal quite enjoyable from managing boosters,
Managed to defeat the Attack Helicopter boss after a handful of tries.

I've yet to dive into assembly proper obviously, but I've never been so engaged simply going through menu screens. A good chunk of my playtime was just tinkering in the garage.
Holding off on PvP until I find my groove and my preferred parts. I would rather not have my ass handed to me just yet

Enjoying the soundtrack so far, and can't wait to jump back in.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I love how the missions are always one of three:

1. We're the Anonymous Group, these fuckers from Balam keep messing with us so time to fuck them up
2. We're the Balam people, those assholes from Anonymous Group keep trolling us, time to fuck them up
3. Yeah there's some indigenous people trying to fight for their planet, lmao. Fuck them up.

Ma-Yuan

Killed Juggernaut after like 30 tries didn't change my setup because my biggest enemy was always a single wrong button push. I feel like i am getting a knot in my fingers 🧐

simpatico

Game solidifies From as the best developer working right now. Just for their range. RPGs, Stealth Action games, Mech games. Is there anything they can't do?

Loving the combat that forces you to get creative. Watched some Vaati gameplay and saw how high the ceiling is. Gonna enjoy trying to reach it. WEEKEND MODE: ENGAGE

Guilty_AI

Really?
I had a lot of trouble with that first boss. About as everyone else.
Then it was a breeze but I know there are real bosses coming soon
Only boss that gave me trouble so far was the one at the end of chapter 1.
I think i'll grind for every part before the last mission of each chapter, since i have a feeling there must be a combination of parts that work better for these bosses.

Top Bottom