• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMORED CORE VI: FIRES OF RUBICON |OT| Souls in the Shell

NoobSmog

final boss of the first chapter is brutal, unless there is a specific combination of parts that work better that i missed.
Yeah, if people are having trouble with the helicopter, they are really going to struggle with the chapter 1 boss.

There are three things I think will help when people get there though. Always be ready to dodge when you hear the beeping sound, that helps for the game as a whole. Be super aggressive after you get his shield down, it will make the fight go a lot faster. And something I didn't notice for my early attempts, make sure you are close or your shots might be getting deflected, which made them do a lot less damage (against the shield at least, not sure when it's down).

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Melee combat is vital to combat. Enemies go down faster if you know how to get close without getting your AP ripped apart. Fought the chopper this morning and it was much simpler with melee attacks.

simpatico

KB&M is waaaay better than I expected. I usually do controller for anything third person, but holy crap I'm twice the pilot on KB&M. Recommend you guys try it out if you haven't. I mapped the shoulder buttons to the side buttons on my mouse and I'm cruising with the reverse joint legs and the magnum pistol. Started grinding gear on level replays. Shit is fun. I needed this game. Glad it delivered.

bodine1231

I can't get the triggers to work on the PC version. Tried 3 different controllers (also tested other steam games) and multiple Steam input settings and no dice. Others are reporting the same issue on the Steam forums so its not just me.

Lokaum D+

I can't get the triggers to work on the PC version. Tried 3 different controllers (also tested other steam games) and multiple Steam input settings and no dice. Others are reporting the same issue on the Steam forums so its not just me.
if u are running a unofficial release there is a fix somewhere out there.

the only ppl that i see having this problem are playing unofficial release

Last edited:
Forgot to write in my post yesterday, the desert boss is jaw-dropping in it's scope and scale, makes your AC feel well and truly tiny, it's an instant classic FromSoft set-piece, so good.

There is a secret AC battle in the mission where you have to collect 5 data drives and it counts towards Loghunt progress. It's remarkable how much character the game can express purely through voices, very much in the vein of MGS' Codec calls, I'm enjoying getting to know these different personalities, the arrogant Schneider dude can eat my metallic dick 😆

Gave it a spin on XSX.

Been a fan since the first AC and I'm loving it, though the controls threw me off initially.

Still tackling the helicopter boss, but the potential for epic moves with quick boost is amazing. Sometimes I even surprise myself with my moves and think, once I get the hang of this, it's going to be epic.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Where's the upgrade for manual aiming? I am dying of boredom with all the auto aim.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Operation Wallclimber complete. I was like this is easy until the midpoint of the boss battle.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
First boss malders will turn into broken controller ragers when they reach act 1 final boss.

This boss packed my fudge. Had to really learn its moveset, spacing, evasion times, and more.

Took me 30 tries with dual rocket shoulders, sword, and Curtis rifle.

For those stuck on boss one just rush his shit down. If you play mid or far back you’re screwed. Just use left stick in thrusters to boost under him/behind him so you can keep unloading and he is stuck trying to reposition. Then when you break the stamina bar get the sword swipes in.

Last edited:
Yeah I might be done already, no configuration gets me anywhere near to beating the autonomous boss Balteus
Fox Tv Crying GIF by ScreamQueens

Shouta

Just started and man, the game controls perfectly. Died once on the heli boss because I forgot I should do the dodge and also use buildings as cover but then it barely touched me on the second attempt.

Aion002

Yeah I might be done already, no configuration gets me anywhere near to beating the autonomous boss Balteus
Fox Tv Crying GIF by ScreamQueens

Just use this build (you can also use the pulse gun + a shotgun), just stay close and blast the boss with the lasers and guns.

Also, pay attention to the sounds, the double beep means he is going to use the cannon (for me it was the worst attack), so be ready to evade.

With this build you can quickly defeat him, you might fail a couple of times, but just keep trying that is doable...

I hated this boss. I hate his cannon.

Whoever added the cannon to this boss is evil.

Last edited:

ranmafan

Just use this build (you can also use the pulse gun + a shotgun), just stay close and blast the boss with the lasers and guns.

Also, pay attention to the sounds, the double beep means he is going to use the cannon (for me it was the worst attack), so be ready to evade.

With this build you can quickly defeat him, you might fail a couple of times, but just keep trying that is doable...

I hated this boss. I hate his cannon.

Whoever added the cannon to this boss is evil.

I’m going to try this build, especially since it’s made for weapons and parts for up to that boss fight. That boss is one hell of a fight for sure. I noticed also a lot of the recommended builds I’m seeing online to beat him recommends weapons you don’t get access to until after that mission. I mean why write an article or make a video like that? So weird.

j0hnnix

I’m going to try this build, especially since it’s made for weapons and parts for up to that boss fight. That boss is one hell of a fight for sure. I noticed also a lot of the recommended builds I’m seeing online to beat him recommends weapons you don’t get access to until after that mission. I mean why write an article or make a video like that? So weird.
Used a similar build but with dual shottys, wiped him off the map. It was complete stagger fest. Still using the build into chapter 3 and rank c arena. With newer shottys you get later.

R-Arm - WR-0777
L-Arm - SG-027

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Fucking hell Balteus is BRUTAL. This is far harder than fucking Margit lolol. I am using Weapon Bay so, I can dual wield two pulse pistols and switch to sword and shotgun but...Damn he stays stunned for 2 seconds then he's zapped to another corner of the world.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I just accidentally no hit a boss. The one from the previews.

fa5.gif

Where did you get your weapons from? The store or playing something other than the chapter missions. I’m wondering if that load out is something I can just buy or if I need to replay the missions. I’ve got 5-6? Missions in Ch. 1 done. If I can become Heavyarms then that would be cool.

Where did you get your weapons from? The store or playing something other than the chapter missions. I’m wondering if that load out is something I can just buy or if I need to replay the missions. I’ve got 5-6? Missions in Ch. 1 done. If I can become Heavyarms then that would be cool.
They were in the store after I beat Balteus.

YukiOnna

Balteus was exhilarating with that music. Took many tries, but the lightweight legs + just learning his pattern got me over the hill. Very fun fight. Also, FromSoft with a consciousness girl (Ayre) this time? Nice

And then INFECTION in Arena kicked my behind because my hand was cramped lolol

Shouta

Beat Balteus on my 3rd try. I almost did it on my first try but I was way too close to the flame swipes and took too many hits, lol.

Laser Rifle + Plasma Rifle for hand weapons, 8-Way Kinetic Missile + Plasma missiles for shoulders did the trick pretty easy

Virex

Banned
I would love to get this, because I like Armored Core, but the price here in South Africa(both physical and digital) is an absolute fucking joke. Our distributors here in South Africa is really trying their best to destroy what little gaming we have left here and the PS Store prices have become a joke as well.

Hopefully I can get it on sale some day.

POKEYCLYDE

I nearly destroyed my TV on the final boss of chapter one. There are such ridiculously high difficulty spikes in this game. And it's not like Elden Ring where you can go grind elsewhere and come back when you're leveled up. You just have to smash your head against the wall until you get it. Aside from a boss battle or 2, I'm enjoying the game.

It's lacking the fun of discovery and exploration that other FromSoft games have. It's scratching that mech building itch, but I sadly I don't think it will even be a contender for GOTY this year.

I nearly destroyed my TV on the final boss of chapter one. There are such ridiculously high difficulty spikes in this game. And it's not like Elden Ring where you can go grind elsewhere and come back when you're leveled up. You just have to smash your head against the wall until you get it. Aside from a boss battle or 2, I'm enjoying the game.

It's lacking the fun of discovery and exploration that other FromSoft games have. It's scratching that mech building itch, but I sadly I don't think it will even be a contender for GOTY this year.
It’d all about trying different mech configurations rather than levelling.

I’ll be trying a plasma build against the boss later today. Got close a couple of times last night but I ended up getting tilted.

Last edited:

ranmafan

Used a similar build but with dual shottys, wiped him off the map. It was complete stagger fest. Still using the build into chapter 3 and rank c arena. With newer shottys you get later.

R-Arm - WR-0777
L-Arm - SG-027
Thanks for the advice. The shotguns were the big difference in the fight. Finally got past that boss. What a fight!

POKEYCLYDE

It’d all about trying different mech configurations rather than levelling.

I’ll be trying a plasma build against the boss later today. Got close a couple of times last night but I ended up getting tilted.
HP to start was 11,500. Beat the boss with 00009 HP. Literally single digit hp left. That's 0.0007% of my HP left.

I wasn't smart enough to get the weapon bay OS first... so I had troubles.

I went with a spider mech, with the gun that shoots bubble like rounds. That gun tears up it's shield. 2 back vertical pulse missiles (which didn't do much) and the 2 hit lazer melee. My strategy was to bum rush and try to keep it staggered as much as I could until phase 2. Phase 2 was much the same except I kept to the air more.

I don't feel like I conquered the boss as much as I got lucky.

POKEYCLYDE

Operation Wallclimber complete. I was like this is easy until the midpoint of the boss battle.
Operation wall climber was hard at first, but it's now my go to farming mission. 2 rocket guns and switch to sword makes easy work of that mission's mid and final boss.

Nearly 400,000 credits every run through.

sigmaZ

I'm starting to be intrigued now but I must know, is there any point at which you can OP yourself through upgrades or are you always going to have to struggle within a inch of your life. The challenge in some of these games starts to bore me in the final third of the game if there's no way to OP yourself a bit.

Bartski

Gold Member
I'm starting to be intrigued now but I must know, is there any point at which you can OP yourself through upgrades or are you always going to have to struggle within a inch of your life. The challenge in some of these games starts to bore me in the final third of the game if there's no way to OP yourself a bit.
Tank legs.

They're the least fun to play tho, hard to control and I'm not using them. I may reconsider if I hit another roadblock (end of ch3 now).

killatopak

Gold Member

Use your scanning function for discovery.

I would love to get this, because I like Armored Core, but the price here in South Africa(both physical and digital) is an absolute fucking joke. Our distributors here in South Africa is really trying their best to destroy what little gaming we have left here and the PS Store prices have become a joke as well.

Hopefully I can get it on sale some day.

Man, if it's really that bad, just create an account for a different country/region and buy PSN wallet funds/top-up cards online for that specific country.
You can always play the games on your main account.

Last edited:
Balteus down, woop woop. Had him down to 3%-5% life a couple of times, experimented with different weapon combinations and eventually bought the bubble gun which melts his shield, good stuff. Still very much possible without it obviously but it might just help some get over the edge. The music in this fight tho 💯💯💯

Highly recommend Assault Armor expansion too, start the fight by dashing right into him and activating it which negates his missile salvo *and* knocks off about 80% of his shield, keep on him like white on rice to stagger before he can bring shield back up, can shave 70% off lifebar this way. He *will* reactivate shield no matter what after 50% dip though, get out of the way and get ready for the flaming rushdowns lol.

Top Bottom